Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,235 members, 7,849,861 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 10:50 AM

I Subleased A Room But My Host May Be Evicted. Please, Help A Corper! - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / I Subleased A Room But My Host May Be Evicted. Please, Help A Corper! (495 Views)

***OMG*** 97-year-old California Woman To Be Evicted From Her Home Of More Than / A Room Self Contain For Rent At Oniru Estate For 450k / Multimillionaire Brother Evicted From His Home In DC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Subleased A Room But My Host May Be Evicted. Please, Help A Corper! by Chicolee(f): 6:44pm On Dec 04, 2013
Fellow Nlanders, please I need your help urgently. I 'subleased' a room for eight months, the woman I paid to told me her rent will expire in December. I paid in June so my rent is supposed to expire in February when I'll be through with my service (I'm a Batch A corper).

This morning, the caretaker brought a quit notice and it turns out the woman pays monthly instead of yearly. She was given a month notice earlier (I wasn't aware of this) and now she's been given one week to leave or the caretaker will file a summons to eject her... I paid to the woman and not the caretaker and even though the woman assured me nothing will happen, I'm scared she'll pack out during xmas period in my absence.

Please what do I do? Help a troubled soul!
Re: I Subleased A Room But My Host May Be Evicted. Please, Help A Corper! by omogidi234(m): 7:45pm On Dec 04, 2013
@ corper, I expected that as an educated fellow you should cross check documentations before payment for an apartment. I hope it is Lagos, if it is, the process may run through January/February and by then you would have completed service year.
Re: I Subleased A Room But My Host May Be Evicted. Please, Help A Corper! by Chicolee(f): 8:05pm On Dec 04, 2013
Yeah. That's the mistake I made. I was in a haste to secure accommodation so I didn't make proper enquiries.

(1) (Reply)

Flats,duplexes,miniflats And Lands For Sale And Rent In Lekki/ikoyi / 2bedrooms Apartments For Rent At Lugbe For N550k / Aplot of dry Land 4Sale @soluyi Gbagada,price=25m.wit R/C

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.