Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,729 members, 7,831,328 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:06 PM

Man Jailed For Stealing Shoes At Mosque - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Man Jailed For Stealing Shoes At Mosque (753 Views)

Photos From The Suicide Bomb Blasts On Maiduguri Mosque This Morning / 14-yr Old Suicide Bomber Hands Himself Over At Mosque He Was Sent To Blow Up / Man Jailed For 45yrs For Stealing Aregbesola’s Phone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Jailed For Stealing Shoes At Mosque by infonubia(m): 8:55pm On Dec 04, 2013
An Abuja Grade 2 Area Court in Kado on Wednesday sentenced a 28-year-old man, Isah Abdullahi, to four months in prison with hard labor for stealing seven pairs of shoes from a mosque after the convict pleaded guilty to the one-count charge.

The presiding officer, Mr Ahmed Ado, said that Abdullahi was a heartless man, having stolen from a mosque.He said that if anyone could go to a church or mosque to steal, it meant that the person was heartless and could do worst things anywhere.

What would make a make go steal shoes from a mosque? The only answer I could come up with is - exremely hunger.

I wonder why we are quick to jail petty thieves but the 'politrickians' that embezzle millions are often let off the hook.

Source - http://www.infonubia.com/2013/12/man-jailed-for-stealing-shoes-at-mosque.html
Re: Man Jailed For Stealing Shoes At Mosque by Brimmie(m): 9:23pm On Dec 04, 2013
Lol.. Funny! grin grin
Re: Man Jailed For Stealing Shoes At Mosque by Tolexander: 9:40pm On Dec 04, 2013
Na curse?

The shoes and slippers i do see in mosque entrance aren't that correct ones!
Re: Man Jailed For Stealing Shoes At Mosque by Onyejiuwaokoh: 9:44pm On Dec 04, 2013
Nigerians don't regard even a place of prayer, someone can penetrate a place of worship in disguise and be praying and robbing concurrently.
Re: Man Jailed For Stealing Shoes At Mosque by infonubia(m): 9:47pm On Dec 04, 2013
Tolexander: Na curse?

The shoes and slippers i do see in mosque entrance aren't that correct ones!

That's why I think it's extreme poverty that will make a man decide to to steal shoes at a mosque
Re: Man Jailed For Stealing Shoes At Mosque by infonubia(m): 9:48pm On Dec 04, 2013
Onyejiuwa okoh: Nigerians don't regard even a place of prayer, someone can penetrate a place of worship in disguise and be praying and robbing concurrently.

I don't think it's just Nigerians, it's just people generally. If you hear what goes on in some other countries, you go fear fear.
Re: Man Jailed For Stealing Shoes At Mosque by Olugbenger(m): 11:03pm On Dec 04, 2013
I pity the man. embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Man Jailed For Stealing Shoes At Mosque by infonubia(m): 12:01am On Dec 05, 2013
Olugbenger: I pity the man. embarassed embarassed embarassed
Same here
Re: Man Jailed For Stealing Shoes At Mosque by infonubia(m): 7:13am On Dec 05, 2013
Brimmie: Lol.. Funny! grin grin

It's a pitiful situation. What would make a man do steal flip flops in a mosque?
Re: Man Jailed For Stealing Shoes At Mosque by albacete(m): 5:29pm On Dec 05, 2013
It is in his family's bloodline to steal. Make him a senator tomorrow and he starts embezzling state funds.

A lot of people who probably are poorer than him are working very hard to make ends meet but he is thinking of the shortest possible means to "arrive".

1 Like

Re: Man Jailed For Stealing Shoes At Mosque by albacete(m): 5:36pm On Dec 05, 2013
infonubia:

The presiding officer, Mr Ahmed Ado, said that Abdullahi was a heartless man, having stolen from a mosque.He said that if anyone could go to a church or mosque to steal, it meant that the person was heartless and could do worst things anywhere.

Source - http://www.infonubia.com/2013/12/man-jailed-for-stealing-shoes-at-mosque.html

Onyejiuwa okoh: Nigerians don't regard even a place of prayer, someone can penetrate a place of worship in disguise and be praying and robbing concurrently.

No be for we country wey boys dey BOMB places of worship. Stealing na small tin naa.

Reserve the word "heartless" for the suicide bombers.
Re: Man Jailed For Stealing Shoes At Mosque by infonubia(m): 8:42pm On Dec 05, 2013
albacete: It is in his family's bloodline to steal. Make him a senator tomorrow and he starts embezzling state funds.

A lot of people who probably are poorer than him are working very hard to make ends meet but he is thinking of the shortest possible means to "arrive".

Got your point. You are saying there are no excuses for stealing at any level.
Re: Man Jailed For Stealing Shoes At Mosque by albacete(m): 9:30pm On Dec 05, 2013
infonubia:

Got your point. You are saying there are no excuses for stealing at any level.

GBAM!
Gaskiya!

(1) (Reply)

APC, A Party That Is Built On A Sandy Soil And Occupied With Prodigal Sons / Sambo To El-rufai: ‘you Are An Accidental Politician, Public Servant’ / President Jonathan Sneaks To Obasanjo’s Home In Abeokuta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.