Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,704 members, 7,809,676 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:56 PM

Manchester United Vs Newcastle (0 - 1) On 7th December 2013 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester United Vs Newcastle (0 - 1) On 7th December 2013 (24693 Views)

Liverpool Vs West Ham (4 - 1) On 7th December 2013 / Stoke City Vs Chelsea (3 - 2) On 7th December 2013 / UCL: FC Basel Vs Manchester United (2 - 1) On 7th December 2011 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Manchester United Vs Newcastle (0 - 1) On 7th December 2013 by sureteeboy(m): 10:47pm On Dec 04, 2013
Manchester United boss David Moyes has confirmed Shinji Kagawa is a doubt for Saturday's Premier League encounter with Newcastle.

The Japan playmaker has picked up a sickness bug and was ill immediately after Wednesday night's 1-0 home defeat by Everton.

"Shinji has a sickness bug," said Moyes. "We need to see how he is on Saturday but he wasn't too good after the game."

With Wayne Rooney suspended, Moyes could do with Kagawa being available as Robin van Persie has been missing for a fortnight with groin and toe problems.

And the United boss refused to say whether the Dutchman could feature against Alan Pardew's men.

"You can ask, that doesn't mean I will answer," he said. "Like every club we have a few injuries. Some have a chance and some don't."

Everton's first victory at Old Trafford since 1992 has led to a storm of criticism being unleashed on Moyes, who attempted to brush it off as he spoke at the Aon Training Complex.

"It's football isn't it?" he said. "It can happen at any club and it has happened here. I hoped it wouldn't but it has.

"It was our first defeat in 13 games. Now I hope we can do something very similar in the coming games."

Moyes insisted the situation was not as bad as has been depicted.

Neither did he feel the performance on Wednesday warranted the kind of training ground reaction some had suggested was required.

"I think I saw a response in the game. We weren't that bad that I felt we needed a big response," said Moyes.

"People who watched the game - they would have got lots of belief from it. There were chances in the game we didn't take. It could quite easily have been very different.

"Unless you are someone who doesn't understand the game too much you would have seen that.

"These are good players. They have been here before. They know what is expected of them. They will do the right things."

Moyes insisted United would do "everything we possibly can" to haul back leaders Arsenal, who have opened up a 12-point lead on the Old Trafford outfit.

There is a widespread expectation new faces will arrive during next month's transfer window, something Moyes confirmed.

"The club has always thought about strengthening," he said. "You do that every transfer window. We will try and make that happen."

Newcastle boss Alan Pardew is determined not to leave Old Trafford wondering what might have been once again as he looks to inflict further misery on Manchester United.

On Saturday lunchtime, the Magpies will run out at a stadium which represented a fortress under Sir Alex Ferguson intent on inflicting a second successive Barclays Premier League defeat on the reigning champions on their own pitch following Everton's midweek triumph.

History is not on Newcastle's side - they last won at Old Trafford in February 1972 when Pardew was a 10-year-old schoolboy - but they came desperately close to ending that run last season.

They led 1-0, 2-1 and 3-2 on Boxing Day last year before Robin van Persie and, with just a minute remaining, Javier Hernandez snatched victory from the jaws of defeat, and the now 52-year-old Magpies manager is hoping to go one better this time around to end a long wait.

Pardew said: "It's an incredible statistic - at least I can't be blamed for all of it. It's my third trip there and I have to say, I thought we were very close last year.

"We made a couple of errors late in the game that cost us a win there, and it's one of the really upsetting games from last year.

"I don't want that feeling walking out of there. Hopefully we can get a result."

Pardew will head for the dug-out to do battle with Moyes for the first time since his switch from Everton to United, and will do so with his club sitting two places and one point better off than their ninth-placed opponents.

Moyes is currently grappling with the unenviable task of trying to fill the shoes vacated by Ferguson with mixed results to date, and both West Brom and Everton have already won at Old Trafford this season.

However, Pardew is not convinced the aura has deserted the famous stadium.

He said: "Well, I don't know about that. It's still a very daunting place to go. There's an aura about it. It is a great stadium to go and play and be lucky enough to be the manager and take a team there.

"It's still a very, very difficult place to win and we have got to raise our game to a new level to win there. But we are capable of doing that."

Newcastle's defeat at United last season came at the start of a run of games which included a 7-3 reverse at Arsenal and an FA Cup exit at Championship Brighton which set the alarm bells ringing in earnest.

Indeed, it prompted owner Mike Ashley to invest heavily in the January transfer window as Mathieu Debuchy, Massadio Haidara, Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa, Moussa Sissoko and Yoan Gouffran were drafted in to spark a recovery of sorts, albeit one which helped them to only just retain their top-flight status.

Of the men who started that day, only Tim Krul, Davide Santon, Mike Williamson and Fabricio Coloccini are likely to do so this time, an illustration of the change Pardew's team has undergone since.

Newcastle's winning sequence was ended at the fifth time of asking at Swansea on Wednesday evening, and while that came as a blow, the manager is hopeful of a response.

He said: "We have good confidence even with the result on Wednesday night. I don't think that will dent it too much.

"We will go there and quite fancy ourselves - but that's easier said than done."

Pardew will make a late check on striker Papiss Cisse.

The Senegal international missed Wednesday night's defeat at Swansea with a heel problem and will be assessed on Friday.

However, midfielder Hatem Ben Arfa, who did not travel to the Liberty Stadium because of illness, reported for training on Thursday and is expected to be available at Old Trafford.

http://espnfc.com/en/preview/367350/preview.html?soccernet=true&cc=3888
Re: Manchester United Vs Newcastle (0 - 1) On 7th December 2013 by otemanuduno: 8:22am On Dec 06, 2013
I have a wonderful dirge for them...I dey come..
Re: Manchester United Vs Newcastle (0 - 1) On 7th December 2013 by otemanuduno: 8:27am On Dec 06, 2013
Devil must lose, especially Red devils....
Therefore:
I decree today, red devil FALL!! FAALLLL!!!
FAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!
fall down the table of achievement (Premiership Table) made for people aiming for the Blues of the sky this SEASON. Bottomless pit is your home, thou Lucifer(Losing fowl) therefore I decree, be thou RELEGATED to the Bottomless pit (Division 2) where those who have potlike mouth(Port mouth) went and never returned.
Go down, down, down, o Lucifer(Losing Fowl) and sink like a man lost in the forest ( Nottingham Forest).

Though thy beginning was glorious o Lucifer(Losing Fowl; Red Devil) yet your end has come and you shall rise no more. You are just roaming the earth(League Table) seeking whom you'll devour(Win) but there's not going to be one except A Sinner( Arsenal) who pretentiously made himself our Oga at the Top but will soon scramble for fourth(Play off position) on the judgment day(May 11, 2014).

O Lucifer(Losing fowl) this is just the beginning of your fall...
Oya, continue to faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll......
Ameeeeeennnn!!!!

Curse and abuse if you are a fan of Devil but like if you are a child of God grin

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Manchester United Vs Newcastle (0 - 1) On 7th December 2013 by donphilopus: 11:57am On Dec 06, 2013
Newcastle will win LIKE!

17 Likes

Re: Manchester United Vs Newcastle (0 - 1) On 7th December 2013 by sureteeboy(m): 10:20am On Dec 07, 2013
MAN UTD WILL WIN, HIT LIKE

19 Likes

Re: Manchester United Vs Newcastle (0 - 1) On 7th December 2013 by donem: 11:59am On Dec 07, 2013
Newcastle united last won a match @ old trafford 42 yrs Ago, but as a united faithful and D. Moyes as our coach i sincerely fear for
that record.

GLORY GLORY MUFC
Re: Manchester United Vs Newcastle (0 - 1) On 7th December 2013 by Big4wig(m): 12:07pm On Dec 07, 2013
Hahahaha,v.p be like moyes u idiot grin

Re: Manchester United Vs Newcastle (0 - 1) On 7th December 2013 by Decapo: 12:09pm On Dec 07, 2013
Up man.utd in advance
Re: Manchester United Vs Newcastle (0 - 1) On 7th December 2013 by Decapo: 12:11pm On Dec 07, 2013
ote man u dun o:
Devil must lose, especially Red devils....
Therefore:
I decree today, red devil FALL!! FAALLLL!!!
FAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!
fall down the table of achievement (Premiership Table) made for people aiming for the Blues of the sky this SEASON. Bottomless pit is your home, thou Lucifer(Losing fowl) therefore I decree, be thou RELEGATED to the Bottomless pit (Division 2) where those who have potlike mouth(Port mouth) went and never returned.
Go down, down, down, o Lucifer(Losing Fowl) and sink like a man lost in the forest ( Nottingham Forest).

Though thy beginning was glorious o Lucifer(Losing Fowl; Red Devil) yet your end has come and you shall rise no more. You are just roaming the earth(League Table) seeking whom you'll devour(Win) but there's not going to be one except A Sinner( Arsenal) who pretentiously made himself our Oga at the Top but will soon scramble for fourth(Play off position) on the judgment day(May 11, 2014).

O Lucifer(Losing fowl) this is just the beginning of your fall...
Oya, continue to faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll......
Ameeeeeennnn!!!!

Curse and abuse if you are a fan of Devil but like if you are a child of God grin
Anoda yaba left patient

4 Likes

Re: Manchester United Vs Newcastle (0 - 1) On 7th December 2013 by dewale2k: 12:15pm On Dec 07, 2013
draw
Re: Manchester United Vs Newcastle (0 - 1) On 7th December 2013 by xtophy(m): 12:17pm On Dec 07, 2013
nairabet ppl....straight win 4 newcastle

1 Like

Re: Manchester United Vs Newcastle (0 - 1) On 7th December 2013 by julioralph(m): 12:20pm On Dec 07, 2013
I expect Newcastle United to avail themselves of the '3 points bonanza' thats currently on offer @ Old Trafford!

2 Likes

Re: Manchester United Vs Newcastle (0 - 1) On 7th December 2013 by Adesam09(m): 12:23pm On Dec 07, 2013
Ok
Re: Manchester United Vs Newcastle (0 - 1) On 7th December 2013 by apoti(m): 12:26pm On Dec 07, 2013
Man Utd is currently doing a Christmas offer. All you need to do is play them at Old Trafford, they will give you 3 points free of charge.

1 Like

Re: Manchester United Vs Newcastle (0 - 1) On 7th December 2013 by Deiok(m): 12:29pm On Dec 07, 2013
Moyes better not lose this.
Re: Manchester United Vs Newcastle (0 - 1) On 7th December 2013 by nickz(m): 12:31pm On Dec 07, 2013
My first choice; de gea,rafael,evra,vidic,ferdinard,fellaini,jones,kagawa,januzaj,zaha(valencia),chicharito/van persie.......please no welbeck,rooney's absence is surely going to show,if moyes looses this!!! I don't trust moyes's sense of judgement I hope he meets our qualification!! Still waiting to see what SAF sees in him..
Re: Manchester United Vs Newcastle (0 - 1) On 7th December 2013 by BekeeBuAgbara: 12:32pm On Dec 07, 2013
sureteeboy: Moyes insisted United would do "everything we possibly can" to haul back leaders Arsenal, who have opened up a 12-point lead on the Old Trafford outfit.
http://espnfc.com/en/preview/367350/preview.html?soccernet=true&cc=3888
Moyes should be told that the power to dislodge Arsenal is no longer in his hands. Only Arsenal can stop Arsenal.
Re: Manchester United Vs Newcastle (0 - 1) On 7th December 2013 by donem: 12:32pm On Dec 07, 2013
Deiok: Moyes better not lose this.
Seriously speaking he better not.
Re: Manchester United Vs Newcastle (0 - 1) On 7th December 2013 by Nobody: 12:34pm On Dec 07, 2013
manu 1 - 3 newcastle. remy and cabaye on point
Re: Manchester United Vs Newcastle (0 - 1) On 7th December 2013 by passionate88: 12:34pm On Dec 07, 2013
Manure is going DOWN cheesy cheesy
Re: Manchester United Vs Newcastle (0 - 1) On 7th December 2013 by Presbulg(m): 12:42pm On Dec 07, 2013
Let's see how Manchester Utd without Rooney will look like today.

Mind the gap, Crystal Palace is not far behind.
grin
Re: Manchester United Vs Newcastle (0 - 1) On 7th December 2013 by Shollyps(m): 12:43pm On Dec 07, 2013
Naughty moyes

Re: Manchester United Vs Newcastle (0 - 1) On 7th December 2013 by chidexxy007(m): 12:52pm On Dec 07, 2013
mehn na 2 listen ds match 4 radio cos i cnt stand to watch anoda hrtbrkin loss
Re: Manchester United Vs Newcastle (0 - 1) On 7th December 2013 by oluplus(m): 12:55pm On Dec 07, 2013
julioralph: I expect Newcastle United to avail themselves of the '3 points bonanza' thats currently on offer @ Old Trafford!
. [font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font] Laff wan kill person oo. Super eagles can as well book a friendly match with then and and also get their Xmas bonanza .Yeye team. My blood is still blue sha.
Re: Manchester United Vs Newcastle (0 - 1) On 7th December 2013 by kwaraguy(m): 1:00pm On Dec 07, 2013
GGMU
Re: Manchester United Vs Newcastle (0 - 1) On 7th December 2013 by emmadan(m): 1:03pm On Dec 07, 2013
man u might lose again..,wat happened,i dnt hear man u fans comparing kagawa to hazard again,why?if i hear say kagawa beta pas hazard again enh.
Re: Manchester United Vs Newcastle (0 - 1) On 7th December 2013 by nickz(m): 1:04pm On Dec 07, 2013
Starting Line-up:
1de Gea
2 Rafael
3 Evra
23 Cleverley
6 Evans
15 Vidic
17 Nani
4 Jones
14 Hernández
20 van Persie
44 Januzaj

1 Like

Re: Manchester United Vs Newcastle (0 - 1) On 7th December 2013 by dotcomnamename: 1:15pm On Dec 07, 2013
Decapo:
Anoda yaba left patient

Another Yaba Left ESCAPEE
Re: Manchester United Vs Newcastle (0 - 1) On 7th December 2013 by Monimatic(m): 1:16pm On Dec 07, 2013
MAN U End time club
David Moyes End time coach
Re: Manchester United Vs Newcastle (0 - 1) On 7th December 2013 by sureteeboy(m): 1:18pm On Dec 07, 2013
What's the formation used, pls?
Re: Manchester United Vs Newcastle (0 - 1) On 7th December 2013 by Kaxmytex(m): 1:21pm On Dec 07, 2013
nickz: Starting Line-up:
1de Gea
2 Rafael
3 Evra
23 Cleverley
6 Evans
15 Vidic
17 Nani
4 Jones
14 Hernández
20 van Persie
44 Januzaj
whr iz dat main man?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

West Ham United Vs Manchester City (2 - 2) On 15th May 2022 / Southampton Vs Manchester City: EFL Cup (2 - 0) On 11th January 2023 / Manchester City Vs Burnley -( 5 - 0) On 22nd June 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.