Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,123 members, 7,814,940 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:31 AM

Why Did God Had To Keep Jesus For Three Days In The Grave Before Raising Up? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Did God Had To Keep Jesus For Three Days In The Grave Before Raising Up? (6904 Views)

Good Morning Jesus;For Heaven Bound SOULS. / Dead Man Wakes Up After Three Days / Did Jesus For Our Sin? Which Sin? (no, Bring Your Proof If You R Truthful) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Did God Had To Keep Jesus For Three Days In The Grave Before Raising Up? by luckyCO(m): 5:27pm On Jul 25, 2008
I have been wondering why did Jesus had to stayed for three days in the grave before raising up.
Is there any bible versus to support such reason or did He just did it because His prophet earlier prophesied?

Please help.
Re: Why Did God Had To Keep Jesus For Three Days In The Grave Before Raising Up? by MCUsman(m): 5:55pm On Jul 25, 2008
May be the flight back to earth was delayed grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Did God Had To Keep Jesus For Three Days In The Grave Before Raising Up? by luckyCO(m): 6:07pm On Jul 25, 2008
MC Usman:

May be the flight back to earth was delayed grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Please I don't mean fun, am serious.
I prefer statement that I will learn something from not like yours.
Live long.
Re: Why Did God Had To Keep Jesus For Three Days In The Grave Before Raising Up? by MCUsman(m): 10:14am On Jul 26, 2008
luckyCO:

I prefer statemente I don't mean fun, am serious. that I will learn something from not like yours.

Then maybe he was forced to stay there lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Why Did God Had To Keep Jesus For Three Days In The Grave Before Raising Up? by laralash: 12:46pm On Jul 26, 2008
I've heard something along the lines of a dead body starts decomposing after 3 days (might be wrong but I think that was what I heard anyway) and that being the reason Lazarus was raised up after he'd been dead 4 days to show the world that though decomposition of the body had started, Jesus still had power over death.

And for Jesus rising on the 3rd day, not sure if the same can be applied. But then the bible says his body did not see corruption , Though he might have been obtaining victories for us from the agents of hell; since I've heard/perhaps read he initially descended into hell before ascending into heaven. And may God forgive me if I am wrong ,
Re: Why Did God Had To Keep Jesus For Three Days In The Grave Before Raising Up? by alexleo(m): 1:53pm On Jul 26, 2008
MC Usman:

MC Usman:

Then maybe he was forced to stay there lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

MC Usman see how you are making a big fool of yourself. Someone asked a question out of sincere mind and you are making fun out of it. How stupid you sounded. I guess you might be a bad muslim because even your koran (or however you spell it) has a lot of respect for our Jesus so i dont see any reason for your foolish act. RESPECT YOURSELF (that is If you have respect at all).

Like someone said here, Jesus spent those three days in the grave fighting the last battle to subdue satan and hell fire and thats why he declared "all power is giving unto me". And because Jesus won the battle he ressurrected on the third day. Also remember that the bible prophesied it so many years ago that he will die and rise up on the third day. I think the most important lesson to learn here is that Jesus said that he will die and rise on the third day and he did. And because he lives we can face tomorrow. The man who wanted to try Jesus some years ago died and on the third day as he was rising, thunder struck him back into the grave. JESUS REMAINS THE WORLD CHAMPION weather people like usman believes it or not.
Re: Why Did God Had To Keep Jesus For Three Days In The Grave Before Raising Up? by wirinet(m): 4:38pm On Jul 26, 2008
Correction, Jesus was never in the grave for three days, I wonder why christians propagate this falsehood.

JESUS WAS IN A CAVE FROM FRIDAY EVENING AROUND 9:00PM TO AROUND 4:00 AM SUNDAY MORNING, because jewish custom forbids crucifixion on their holy day, sabbath (Saturday). That was why the death of the three convicts had to be accelerated by breaking their legs, ( curiously they did not break Jesus's Legs).

So in effect he "died" for about 30 HOURS (one and a quarter days) and not three days (72 hours)
Re: Why Did God Had To Keep Jesus For Three Days In The Grave Before Raising Up? by TayoD1(m): 5:15pm On Jul 26, 2008
@poster,

You might want to pick up Rev Chris Okotie's book - The Last Outcast. He explained the reasons there very articulately. I'm not sure I can do justice to it here and so will just have you pick up the book yourself.

Let me give you a hint however, the 3 nights has to do with the 3 men that are primarily involved in the destiny of mankind - Adam, Jesus and the AntiChrist. A lot is explained in that book on how a man's connection to one or the other of these 3 men determines their destiny. One of the best books ever written in my opinion.
Re: Why Did God Had To Keep Jesus For Three Days In The Grave Before Raising Up? by ajadrage: 8:42pm On Jul 26, 2008
luckyCO:

I have been wondering why did Jesus had to stayed for three days in the grave before raising up.
Is there any bible versus to support such reason or did He just did it because His prophet earlier prophesied?

Please help.
One need not go too far to understand this event. As it is written, so shall it be done. Not one word of the father returns to him without it achieving what it set out to achieve. As it was written since before the coming of Christ, he would have to be in the belly of the beast for three days. Jonah was in the belly of the beast for three days, even Jesus corroborated this when he said that the temple would be rebuilt in three days. Well, he was actually in the sepulcher for some of Friday, Saturday and then Sunday.

Maybe Jehovah was so distraught at the realization that his most loving son was for the first time since the beginning of creation, non existent. That is, he was neither physically alive on earth nor spiritually alive in heaven. He had simply ceased to exist. He was neither in a hell, some limbo, purgatory nor was he in heaven (his eventual ascension into heaven was witnessed by a lot of people). Jesus while dead (which was the actual sacrifice) was just another corpse. So, maybe Jehovah was all too willing not to let him remain in that position for a 72 hour (three days) duration, what a wonderful show of love that would be. But while fulfilling his word`of "three days" in the belly of the grave, he even made it so by Jesus staying Friday, Saturday and Sunday, three days. I trust Jehovah cool, maybe Him don know say na so Him go take do am since. grin

As he raised Jesus to a new life, na that life naim Him go take raise each and every one wey don die since the beginning of time. On that day, some would still be alive and we would all witness the same man Jesus that was the firstborn of the new creation coming as King.

No be me talk am oh. . . smiley
Re: Why Did God Had To Keep Jesus For Three Days In The Grave Before Raising Up? by ifyalways(f): 8:52pm On Jul 26, 2008
luckyCO:

Please help.
Is there any reason really?
Ok,for reasons best known to God alone.next u ask why Jesus even had to die sad
@Tayo-d agreed its a nice book but i refuse to buy that his philosophy of adam,Jesus and anti-christ unless there is a bible back-up.
Re: Why Did God Had To Keep Jesus For Three Days In The Grave Before Raising Up? by Cayon(f): 2:39am On Jul 27, 2008
@poster

have you tried asking God yourself?  undecided
Re: Why Did God Had To Keep Jesus For Three Days In The Grave Before Raising Up? by luckyCO(m): 11:18am On Jul 28, 2008
Thanks so far for your contributions. I was curious to know. Please don't mis understand me, I was only curious as a Bible student to know what came across my mind.

It we read bible we will things that God has to wait for three days before that is done. I was thinking whether if it has any connection to Trinity.

Good to hear that Bible didn't say anything to that effect except otherwise let us know.
Re: Why Did God Had To Keep Jesus For Three Days In The Grave Before Raising Up? by TayoD1(m): 12:46am On Jul 30, 2008
@ifalways,

@Tayo-d agreed its a nice book but i refuse to buy that his philosophy of adam,Jesus and anti-christ unless there is a bible back-up.
You will find that revelation from front cover to the back cover of the Bible.
Re: Why Did God Had To Keep Jesus For Three Days In The Grave Before Raising Up? by james1(m): 12:42pm On Jul 30, 2008
Hi.
God wanted us(mere dust)to understand that he truly is master,father and giver of life.
so that those of us who face persecution,even to the point of death(in the faith) to forever know that even if we die:he can and will raise one up from the dead.
THANK GOD!
Re: Why Did God Had To Keep Jesus For Three Days In The Grave Before Raising Up? by Lady2(f): 9:07pm On Jul 30, 2008
Correction, Jesus was never in the grave for three days, I wonder why christians propagate this falsehood.

He was in the tomb, it is equivalent of what we call grave today. Not everyone today is put six feet under also, but it still doesn't change the fact that they're dead.

JESUS WAS IN A CAVE FROM FRIDAY EVENING AROUND 9:00PM TO AROUND 4:00 AM SUNDAY MORNING, because jewish custom forbids crucifixion on their holy day, sabbath (Saturday). That was why the death of the three convicts had to be accelerated by breaking their legs, ( curiously they did not break Jesus's Legs).

Yup his legs weren't broken and there is a reason why? He was still to resurrect and he needed his legs to walk. It was prophecied that not a bone of his body was to be broken. But nonetheless, Jesus was already dead when they came around to break the legs of the crucified. They saw that Jesus was dead and decided to pierce his sides just to be sure, in the position and angle in which they did, it is very possible that they pierced his heart. So he was truly dead.

So in effect he "died" for about 30 HOURS (one and a quarter days) and not three days (72 hours)

So in effect he was dead for 72 hours. smiley smiley
Re: Why Did God Had To Keep Jesus For Three Days In The Grave Before Raising Up? by Tunisque(m): 7:55pm On Nov 30, 2010
Re: Why Did God Had To Keep Jesus For Three Days In The Grave Before Raising Up? by god2good: 4:01pm On Feb 26, 2017
To fulfil the Prophesied.
Re: Why Did God Had To Keep Jesus For Three Days In The Grave Before Raising Up? by oaroloye(m): 7:08pm On Feb 26, 2017
luckyCO:

Please help.

GOD COULD HAVE RAISED YAHSHUA FROM THE DEAD INSTANTLY- BUT THEN THE FOOLS WOULD HAVE SAID THAT HE WAS NEVER DEAD.

SPIRITUAL POWER LINEAGES force those who inherit them to suffer the same experiences- specifically the death of Jonah in the "Great Fish," whereby he begged God for Mercy from HELL- and got It.

DAVID PROPHESIED that The Anointed One would not suffer decay, nor be abandoned in Hell.

THE NATIVE AMERICAN SEER, DON JUAN MATUS DIED AS A FAILED APPRENTICE- but because he had completed his RECAPITULATION, his Soul was not destroyed by The Lord's Sword, after his body died.

For reasons unknown to him, he began to cross over to his AfterLife Destination, but found himself SENT BACK!

He awakened in his body, to find that he had been DEAD AND BURIED for TWO DAYS! Luckily, the grave was shallow- in anticipation that his family should come for him; he carefully rearranged the grave so that no one would realize what had happened, and went back to his Benefactor- the NAGUAL JULIAN.

[See: THE POWER OF SILENCE, by Carlos Castaneda.]

KENNETH ERWIN HAGIN died as a teen, while bedfast, but was raised from the dead. He experienced conversion literally at THE GATE OF HELL.

After his Miraculous Healing, he exhibited unusual MEMORY POWERS consistent with RECAPITULATION- which may have been a factor in his Resurrection Experience.

[See: I BELIEVE IN VISIONS, by Kenneth E. HAGIN.]

It is believed that Yahshua had to do something for the Old Testament Saints in SHEOL, enabling them to Ascend to Heaven.

(1) (Reply)

Samen Lee d man wit d no 666 / Pastors Getting Powers From Erelu Jesu / Countdown To The Rapture?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.