Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,121 members, 7,818,368 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:42 PM

Man Killed Wife, Son With Crossbow. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Man Killed Wife, Son With Crossbow. (1145 Views)

Man Shot And Killed Wife After Taking Her Picture In The Morning / Nick Vijicic: Man Born Without Limbs Share Photos Of Wife & Son / Husband Okays Wife, Son’s intimate Act In Suleja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Killed Wife, Son With Crossbow. by greatgod2012(f): 9:25am On Dec 05, 2013
A South Florida man killed his wife and son with a crossbow, drove 460 miles to try and kill his other son, and then slit his own throat.
The violent, long-distance rampage took Pedro Maldonado Sr. from one end of the state to the other.
While the Broward County Sheriff’s Office continues to piece together a time line, detectives believe Maldonado shot and killed his 47-year-old wife, Monica Narvaez-Maldonado, and their 17-year-old son, Pedro Maldonado Jr., with a crossbow in their Weston townhouse sometime on Monday. Weston is located about 13 miles west of Fort Lauderdale.
The sheriff’s report says Maldonado, 53, then drove about 460 miles north to Tallahassee in an attempt to kill his older son, José Maldonado, who attends Florida State University.
“His dad did try to shoot him with the same handheld crossbow and the arrow hit Jose’s ear,” Dani Moschella, a spokeswoman for the sheriff’s department, told CNN. “Then his father tried to choke him, and José luckily was able to get away.”
José Maldonado never reported the attack to police, but it was his father’s confession to a friend on Tuesday that set authorities on his trail.
The Broward Sheriff’s report says Pedro Maldonado called a friend in Miami and admitted to killing his wife and son. A short time later, authorities found their bodies in the South Florida townhouse.
Later in the day, authorities learned that Maldonado might be in the Lake City area, about 100 miles east of Tallahassee. The Columbia County Sheriff’s Office found his SUV at a hotel.
After trying to contact Maldonado for hours, they entered his room and found him dead early Wednesday. He slit his own throat, authorities said.
“I knew them. They were good neighbors. I never heard anything from the house — no screaming, no fighting, nothing,” neighbor Ana Maldonado, who is not related to the family, told WSVN. “Terrible. I don’t see why parents have to get the kids involved. If you have a problem, solve it.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/man-kills-wife-son-with-crossbow/
Re: Man Killed Wife, Son With Crossbow. by greatgod2012(f): 9:31am On Dec 05, 2013
The last paragraph is what caught my attention.

Even if the couple is having problem with each other, why are the kids involved?
Why can't they settle it, why can't they separate and go their individual ways? Why can't they involve the court to intervene on who the kids should stay with?

This is where those who believe in divorce usually score marks, because it would have been better for them to divorce than what the man did.

1 Like

Re: Man Killed Wife, Son With Crossbow. by freecocoa(f): 10:23am On Dec 05, 2013
Hian o!

What is wrong with this world?

Walai, sometimes I think I don't want to get married, the idea of living with someone I don't know from adam the rest of my life scares me.

What if he wakes up one day and snaps? Na wa o.
Re: Man Killed Wife, Son With Crossbow. by Atawewe27: 10:34am On Dec 05, 2013
What coud have gone wrong?
If not that he's killed himself, i would have suggested he get his brain checked, but anyways, his brain culd still be checked to know if he was mentally disabled.
RIP to them.
Re: Man Killed Wife, Son With Crossbow. by greatgod2012(f): 5:50pm On Dec 15, 2013
Strange world with strange couple.

2 Likes

Re: Man Killed Wife, Son With Crossbow. by baby124: 6:17pm On Dec 15, 2013
Na wa o. Still cannot understand how people try to kill their own children because of a problem with their spouse. You wipe out your whole family for what purpose exactly.
Re: Man Killed Wife, Son With Crossbow. by EfemenaXY: 6:26pm On Dec 15, 2013
They do it to get back at their spouse, and believe me, it works.

Sick story.
Re: Man Killed Wife, Son With Crossbow. by baby124: 6:35pm On Dec 15, 2013
Efemena_xy: They do it to get back at their spouse, and believe me, it works.

Sick story.
That means they never cared for their own flesh and blood. Rather obsessed with a spouse that can be separated from them anytime. How one can use their own hands to slaughter children you give birth to, raise and claim to love is baffling. To be betrayed by ones own parents and life cut short is so tragic. I can imagine that boys last moments. So sad. Even if he wants to get to the wife, he also killed her now.
Re: Man Killed Wife, Son With Crossbow. by Nobody: 6:47pm On Dec 15, 2013
, I don activate my christmas mode.
C no evil, talk no evil and hear no evil.
Jollyment all d waaaaay!!!

tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Man Killed Wife, Son With Crossbow. by EfemenaXY: 6:50pm On Dec 15, 2013
baby_123:
That means they never cared for their own flesh and blood. Rather obsessed with a spouse that can be separated from them anytime. How one can use their own hands to slaughter children you give birth to, raise and claim to love is baffling. To be betrayed by ones own parents and life cut short is so tragic. I can imagine that boys last moments. So sad. Even if he wants to get to the wife, he also killed her now.

Remember that these people aren't normal (psychotic) to start with. You'll also find that it's common with the crazed ones who are are at the point of separation from their spouse.

The mentality is: if I can't have you (and/or the kids), no one else will.

Like I said, it takes a real sicko to do this.

There was a heartbreaking story here in the UK about a guy who fed the exhaust fumes into his car with the windows wound up, thereby killing himyself and his four young sons. Reason? Because his wife was going to leave him.

The poor woman could hardly stand upright during the press conference / in front of the cameras. I wept for her. Who wouldn't? eh? cry cry cry
Re: Man Killed Wife, Son With Crossbow. by baby124: 6:54pm On Dec 15, 2013
Efemena_xy: ^^ Remember that these people aren't normal (psychotic) to start with. You'll also find that it's common with the crazed ones who are are at the point of separation from their spouse.

The mentality is: if I can't have you (and/or the kids), no one else will.

Like I said, it takes a real sicko to do this.

There was a heartbreaking story about a guy who fed the exhaust fumes into his car with the windows wound up, thereby killing himyself and his four young sons. Reason? Because his wife was going to leave him.

The poor woman could hardly stand upright. I wept for her. Who wouldn't? eh? cry cry cry
That is sad. Why, why, why. This is why I say obsessed people are dangerous and obsession is not love. I guess when they were dating she must have thought he was crazy about her not thinking he is actually crazy. For him to do this. A crossbow? That is such a painful way to die. She must have seen hell in that marriage. And he slit if own throat. Jesus Christ, that is ehn!
Re: Man Killed Wife, Son With Crossbow. by EfemenaXY: 6:56pm On Dec 15, 2013
At the risk of sounding racist - na oyibo madness.
Re: Man Killed Wife, Son With Crossbow. by greatgod2012(f): 7:47pm On Dec 15, 2013
Efemena_xy: At the risk of sounding racist - na oyibo madness.

please stop it. It's not only peculiar to oyinbo people. There is a popular handle here who have said/typed it severally here that if she had kids for her former husbands, she would have killed them all, that she can't live with such people's offsprings, and the handle is not an oyinbo.

2 Likes

Re: Man Killed Wife, Son With Crossbow. by EfemenaXY: 7:58pm On Dec 15, 2013
^^ well then, majority.

You cannot deny that they do this more, no matter how distasteful it sounds.
Re: Man Killed Wife, Son With Crossbow. by greatgod2012(f): 8:01pm On Dec 15, 2013
Efemena_xy: ^^ well then, majority.

You cannot deny that they do this more, no matter how distasteful it sounds.

accepted
Re: Man Killed Wife, Son With Crossbow. by coogar: 8:45pm On Dec 15, 2013
freecocoa: Hian o!

What is wrong with this world?

Walai, sometimes I think I don't want to get married, the idea of living with someone I don't know from adam the rest of my life scares me.

What if he wakes up one day and snaps? Na wa o.

the seeds of the female-biased society in the west. the laws would make men with fragile egos snap. if a man has a wife & children & the wife cheats, she would get a divorce. she would kick the man out of his own house & take custody of the kids. if the house was bought in his name, he would continue to pay even when he's not staying there. the law even permits her to bring her new boyfriend there to live with her while the ex-husband continues to pay mortgage & child support.

how long before a man snaps?
Re: Man Killed Wife, Son With Crossbow. by Nobody: 11:28pm On Dec 15, 2013
coogar:

the seeds of the female-biased society in the west. the laws would make men with fragile egos snap. if a man has a wife & children & the wife cheats, she would get a divorce. she would kick the man out of his own house & take custody of the kids. if the house was bought in his name, he would continue to pay even when he's not staying there. the law even permits her to bring her new boyfriend there to live with her while the ex-husband continues to pay mortgage & child support.

how long before a man snaps?
excuses upon excuses.nothing in this world can justify murder.we are talking about human beings that were murdered not rams,chicken,goat.anyway good to know he was served well
Re: Man Killed Wife, Son With Crossbow. by coogar: 11:35pm On Dec 15, 2013
kulyie: excuses upon excuses.nothing in this world can justify murder.we are talking about human beings that were murdered not rams,chicken,goat.anyway good to know he was served well

i thought you said you like america. grin cheesy
Re: Man Killed Wife, Son With Crossbow. by Toyinletstalk(f): 11:42pm On Dec 15, 2013
All we need to do is pray more for the world. Things are happening daily that no one has an answer to. God help us. I think so very much, that our prayers can do more than we can imagine. The world needs us.

May their souls rest in peace.

1 Like

Re: Man Killed Wife, Son With Crossbow. by Nobody: 6:50am On Dec 16, 2013
coogar:

i thought you said you like america. grin cheesy
of course i do at least what makes america a normal society is that no one gets awaw with murder even if you own world bank but here in nigeria,if you have money,you are above the law and can get away with murder.

(1) (Reply)

What Would You Advice This Couple? / Help!!!!!!!!! My Landlady Wants To Eject Me Unjustly / Please Friends Kindly Help My Only Sister She Needs To Do Kidney Transplant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.