Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,488 members, 7,819,769 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:53 PM

How Beans Soup Can Be Prepared - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How Beans Soup Can Be Prepared (1223 Views)

What Soup Can You Prepare With N1000 Naira? / Delicious Or Detestable? See How Frogs Are Prepared In Benue (PHOTOS) / Please How Can 'ofe Akwu' Be Prepared? What Are The Ingredients? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Beans Soup Can Be Prepared by PamelaGold1(f): 10:50am On Dec 05, 2013
I really need a good cook to explain how beans soup can be prepared, the Yoruba's call it gbegiri soup, and there is this cute Yoruba guy I am trying to impress by preparing this soup for him, any help pls?
Re: How Beans Soup Can Be Prepared by tpia5: 2:14pm On Dec 05, 2013
There should be a recipe here somewhere if you do a search
Re: How Beans Soup Can Be Prepared by jumzzy448: 3:05pm On Dec 05, 2013
Wash your beans to remove the shaft.
Put it on fire and add little kaun( i've forgotten the english name oo)
Add enough water( not too much oo) just the quantity you know will be enough for the beans)
Cook till the beans is very soft( though it doesn't take too long.)
After cooking, bring down from fire. Using your sifter(ase) don't know if the english name is correct, sifter the beans and continuously use your spoon to press the beans so that you don't really waste it when throwing away the remnant.
When you are done siftering, put your pot on fire, add red oil.
You would have blended your pepper and onion. When the oil is hot, add your blended pepper.
Allow to fry well. If you know you are adding things like dry fish, pomo or crayfish, u add them.
If you like locust beans, u can also add it.
Add your maggi and salt.
When you know the pepper is well fried, pour in your sifted beans. Leave on fire for like five to ten minute.
Your soup is ready.
Re: How Beans Soup Can Be Prepared by PamelaGold1(f): 6:31pm On Dec 05, 2013
jumzzy448: Wash your beans to remove the shaft.
Put it on fire and add little kaun( i've forgotten the english name oo)
Add enough water( not too much oo) just the quantity you know will be enough for the beans)
Cook till the beans is very soft( though it doesn't take too long.)
After cooking, bring down from fire. Using your sifter(ase) don't know if the english name is correct, sifter the beans and continuously use your spoon to press the beans so that you don't really waste it when throwing away the remnant.
When you are done siftering, put your pot on fire, add red oil.
You would have blended your pepper and onion. When the oil is hot, add your blended pepper.
Allow to fry well. If you know you are adding things like dry fish, pomo or crayfish, u add them.
If you like locust beans, u can also add it.
Add your maggi and salt.
When you know the pepper is well fried, pour in your sifted beans. Leave on fire for like five to ten minute.
Your soup is ready.

Thank u very much, but it sounds more like when u are cooking the normal beans, is there no vegetable required?
Re: How Beans Soup Can Be Prepared by tjskii(f): 7:43pm On Dec 05, 2013
The way I prepare my gbegiri a.k.a beans soup;
Wash the skin off the beans,then cook for bout 30mins or less,the beans shud be soft by then,add crayfishor titus fish and iru(locust beans),then pour into blender(let it cool off o)blend to a smoothpaste,put back on fire grin,add palmoil,salt and maggi,and ure good to go.
Re: How Beans Soup Can Be Prepared by latrust(f): 8:31pm On Dec 05, 2013
Thanks for sharing but I don't really like beans soup.
Re: How Beans Soup Can Be Prepared by jumzzy448: 8:47pm On Dec 05, 2013
Pamela Gold:

Thank u very much, but it sounds more like when u are cooking the normal beans, is there no vegetable required?
No oo. No vegetable required. Except you are talking about ewedu soup.
Re: How Beans Soup Can Be Prepared by PamelaGold1(f): 11:55pm On Dec 05, 2013
latrust: Thanks for sharing but I don't really like beans soup.

Why dont you like it?
Re: How Beans Soup Can Be Prepared by PamelaGold1(f): 11:56pm On Dec 05, 2013
jumzzy448:
No oo. No vegetable required. Except you are talking about ewedu soup.

ok dearie, now i can do a trial and error cooking b4 preparing for dis cute guy wink

(1) (Reply)

How To Turn A Watermelon Into A Giant Cocktail / All Your Mile 12 Food Supplies Here! / 7-terrible-looking-food-delicacies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.