Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,524 members, 7,819,885 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:57 AM

Funny Superstitious Beliefs Of Nigerians About Animals - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Funny Superstitious Beliefs Of Nigerians About Animals (21512 Views)

5 Classes Of Nigerians Who Play Important Roles But Are Hardly Recognised / Some Of The Beliefs Of An Average Nigerian: / Superstitious Beliefs That Actually Works! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Funny Superstitious Beliefs Of Nigerians About Animals by XLR8(m): 11:19am On Dec 05, 2013
grin Its so hilarious when i see some Nigerians detest and even condemn some animals because of some beliefs they hold against them, majorly withfcraft.
Animals like cats,hawks,vultures,raven,owl to mention a few are really hated by some people. As a kid I also hated them but as i grew older, I found out that these animals are benign.
NB- my mom really hates cats.
Also, these superstitious people believe that witches and wizards like rednaxelot grin turns to some kind of bird & fly at night. I really hate cats because of the fear that had been instilled in me from childhood.

I vividly remember a day i followed my mom to her friend's house, they were chatting and an owl or was it a raven perched on the electrical pole near her house. On sighting it, she started yelling "BLOOD OF JESUS", "FIRE" and threw stones until the innocent bird flew away. grin ..me just dey pity the bird..can picture its shocked face.

You can compare your own beliefs also.

1 Like

Re: Funny Superstitious Beliefs Of Nigerians About Animals by Lovebond34(m): 12:32pm On Dec 05, 2013
Bros in naija..u av 2 blive oo..cox me sf ah dy fear cat die

1 Like

Re: Funny Superstitious Beliefs Of Nigerians About Animals by XLR8(m): 4:34pm On Dec 05, 2013
Lovebond34: Bros in naija..u av 2 blive oo..cox me sf ah dy fear cat die

u also..lool
Re: Funny Superstitious Beliefs Of Nigerians About Animals by Emmyk(m): 5:42pm On Dec 05, 2013

1 Like

Re: Funny Superstitious Beliefs Of Nigerians About Animals by Emmyk(m): 5:59pm On Dec 05, 2013
Back in those days, any goat that wont leave the road while my dad is driving on full speed+honking, is definately a witch in disguise. cheesycheesy

My dad be like "ati ri eh, iya aje, eni toma koba lo n wa". grin cheesy

Well, I still hold on to this belief.

If you rush and hit this goat, you are only going to be suprised( if you luckily escapet - no accident), when you look through your side-mirror, and see standing there an old woman, shockedshocked , prolly with a walking stick, undecided ...with that "sooor lor ri mi ni" expression on her face. cheesycheesy

18 Likes

Re: Funny Superstitious Beliefs Of Nigerians About Animals by XLR8(m): 9:02pm On Dec 05, 2013
grin reminds me of a day when me and my mom were heading somwhere..we came to a place where we met dis goat wey dey chill for road...my mom didnt stop driving and the goat didnt bulge at all...my mom honked and honked..what i saw convinced me that animals are gettin smarter and may later revolute against humans...the goat reluctantly stood up..i fink it also hissed loudly and long and walked slowly and majestically off d way...my mom was already shouting "FIRE","AJE","AWON AIYE"...me sef knw dat this one na witch

4 Likes

Re: Funny Superstitious Beliefs Of Nigerians About Animals by kekakuz(m): 3:40pm On Dec 06, 2013
i believe all animals in the eastern part of nigeria have connections with the spirit world.

2 Likes

Re: Funny Superstitious Beliefs Of Nigerians About Animals by AMAKAVIOLA: 3:41pm On Dec 06, 2013
Bros No belive oh! If all of a sudden u c BAT or OWL 4 ur room at nyt U go giv am comfort

1 Like

Re: Funny Superstitious Beliefs Of Nigerians About Animals by martronilla: 3:41pm On Dec 06, 2013
I'm scared of Monkeys but I love the taste of it's meat... especially the bombom part...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Funny Superstitious Beliefs Of Nigerians About Animals by ayusco85(m): 3:42pm On Dec 06, 2013
Maloo Na indian people juju ogrin. But who cares? our soup isn't complete without the presence of nama.

Pork meat is a forbidden meat. If u eat it, ur wife or girlfriend will die. #True story

2 Likes

Re: Funny Superstitious Beliefs Of Nigerians About Animals by POPEII: 3:44pm On Dec 06, 2013
Don't hit a cat with your car, if you hit one stop driving and call it a day

2 Likes

Re: Funny Superstitious Beliefs Of Nigerians About Animals by Nobody: 3:45pm On Dec 06, 2013
Nigerians are always chasing shadows. We leave the real problems and chase shadows. Most times its our wickedness that haunts us! Witch everywhere, fire, thunder etc.

5 Likes

Re: Funny Superstitious Beliefs Of Nigerians About Animals by POPEII: 3:46pm On Dec 06, 2013
But I don't believe oo
Re: Funny Superstitious Beliefs Of Nigerians About Animals by seedord247(m): 3:46pm On Dec 06, 2013
Cats are wictch and if lizard bite you... You automatically downloaded epilepsy for your body.

2 Likes

Re: Funny Superstitious Beliefs Of Nigerians About Animals by ejifranks(m): 3:47pm On Dec 06, 2013
The way people kill cats around me pisses me off.. poor beautiful creatures just dying cause of our cultural and religous beliefs....if they were not good , then God would not have made them....Hugging my cat bobby grin grin grin grin

In other news

Enjoy new GO and DIE music!! jam of life

https://www.nairaland.com/1541612/new-music-go-die-tne

http:///ubig3el2jbb4
Sweet music

1 Like

Re: Funny Superstitious Beliefs Of Nigerians About Animals by donpope1(m): 3:48pm On Dec 06, 2013
Re: Funny Superstitious Beliefs Of Nigerians About Animals by Nobody: 3:48pm On Dec 06, 2013
hmm rubbish!!! This op and the mod that brought this to fp should be banned till Arsenal win the champions league
Re: Funny Superstitious Beliefs Of Nigerians About Animals by blank(f): 3:49pm On Dec 06, 2013
Remember one day as a corp member in PH, i went to the market to buy a pair of shoes. I saw a lot of people gathered around something. When i cam closer, i realized that they had just killed a cat. I overheard someone saying that the "God don catch them. So this is the with that has been stopping his business from booming". I went to meet him to find out how he can be certain that it was the cat's fault. He said that any day the cat crossed their roof, they won't sell and will lose money. God now made the cat to fall down that day.

Felt so sorry for the poor cat and all cats in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Funny Superstitious Beliefs Of Nigerians About Animals by Nobody: 3:50pm On Dec 06, 2013
Even till now I am scared of rat , I don't even know why
Re: Funny Superstitious Beliefs Of Nigerians About Animals by IAMBREEZY: 3:50pm On Dec 06, 2013
Yeah cat i despise cat with passion and monkey.
Re: Funny Superstitious Beliefs Of Nigerians About Animals by batstan(m): 3:50pm On Dec 06, 2013
Spider and web in a house attracts poverty undecided a wall gecko in the room brings bad dreams(nightmare) undecided
Re: Funny Superstitious Beliefs Of Nigerians About Animals by Rexnegro(m): 3:51pm On Dec 06, 2013
@op....if they born u well when u go osogbo ehn go catch person cator goat kill and chop o !!!
Re: Funny Superstitious Beliefs Of Nigerians About Animals by donpope1(m): 3:51pm On Dec 06, 2013
kekakuz: i believe all animals in the eastern part of nigeria have connections with the spirit world.
belief derived from Igbophobia...or fear of people that region enslaving your generation?

2 Likes

Re: Funny Superstitious Beliefs Of Nigerians About Animals by olorunthobby(f): 3:52pm On Dec 06, 2013
omo..if yu see my mama when she enter spider web like this, yu go fear incantation like sey she dey act nollywood film cheesy
Re: Funny Superstitious Beliefs Of Nigerians About Animals by POPEII: 3:53pm On Dec 06, 2013
Rexnegro: @op....if they born u well when u go osogbo ehn go catch person cator goat kill and chop o !!!
why would you that in the first place grin
Re: Funny Superstitious Beliefs Of Nigerians About Animals by tomsongz(m): 3:54pm On Dec 06, 2013
martronilla: I'm scared of Monkeys but I love the taste of it's meat... especially the bombom part...
So u dey chop monkey nash!!!!!!
Re: Funny Superstitious Beliefs Of Nigerians About Animals by Nobody: 3:54pm On Dec 06, 2013
But some truth fit dey am
Re: Funny Superstitious Beliefs Of Nigerians About Animals by 9jahubcom(m): 3:54pm On Dec 06, 2013
dats nature
Re: Funny Superstitious Beliefs Of Nigerians About Animals by Nobody: 3:54pm On Dec 06, 2013
XLR8: grin reminds me of a day when me and my mom were heading somwhere..we came to a place where we met dis goat wey dey chill for road...my mom didnt stop driving and the goat didnt bulge at all...my mom honked and honked..what i saw convinced me that animals are gettin smarter and may later revolute against humans...the goat reluctantly stood up..i fink it also hissed loudly and long and walked slowly and majestically off d way...my mom was already shouting "FIRE","AJE","AWON AIYE"...me sef knw dat this one na witch
I thought I was the only one who noticed this. undecided

Unfortunately, even chickens have joined. One time I had to wait for this mother hen and her chicks to cross the road. I honked and honked but for where? They were just cat-walking and parading in front of me. . .see swag! lipsrsealed

3 Likes

Re: Funny Superstitious Beliefs Of Nigerians About Animals by shortgun(m): 3:57pm On Dec 06, 2013
Cats are by far d most detested animal in this part of d world, i luv them thou i once had up to 5 cats in our house, i chased them out when people began to say dat my mum was a witch.

But there is this sound that cats make at night when they want to mate, they cry like new born babies, mehn, that cry will scare d hell out of anyone dat hears it, they rilly sound like witches.
#catlover

4 Likes

Re: Funny Superstitious Beliefs Of Nigerians About Animals by Nobody: 3:57pm On Dec 06, 2013
I do not really have any superstitous beliefs concerning animals but cats and vultures, I just hate them!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Physically-Challenged Kano Girl Gets A Wheelchair / Which Tribe of Nigeria Is Largest In-terms Of Population(both home and diaspora? / Say One Weird Thing About Yourself

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.