Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,830 members, 7,810,192 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:00 PM

Has Any APC Controlled State Universities Pulled Out From The Strike? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Has Any APC Controlled State Universities Pulled Out From The Strike? (1477 Views)

The Strike Was Suspended Not Called Off – PENGASSAN President / 5 Top State Universities Teaching Hospitals In Nigeria (Photos) / APC Controlled Lagos State Has Both The Highest External & Internal Debts - PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Has Any APC Controlled State Universities Pulled Out From The Strike? by modestdude(m): 2:20pm On Dec 05, 2013
I have not given a thought over FG's claim that ASUU strike is political, not until recent happenings surrounding the divisiveness of ASUU membership became public. so i ask, if FG's claim is a foul cry, why hasn't any of the Opposition controlled state universities announced resumption date for their academic and allied activities or is APC's opposition all about being against everything pro-Jonathan/PDP?
Re: Has Any APC Controlled State Universities Pulled Out From The Strike? by JulianBond007: 2:25pm On Dec 05, 2013
modestdude: I have not given a thought over FG's claim that ASUU strike is political, not until recent happenings surrounding the divisiveness of ASUU membership became public. so i ask, if FG's claim is a foul cry, why hasn't any of the Opposition controlled state universities announced resumption date for their academic and allied activities or is APC's opposition all about being against everything pro-Jonathan/PDP?
OAU Ile Ife is resuming on the 8th of this month. Didn't you see the thread about it on front page?
Uniport denies pulling out of strike. Did you hear about that too?

3 Likes

Re: Has Any APC Controlled State Universities Pulled Out From The Strike? by modestdude(m): 2:28pm On Dec 05, 2013
JulianBond007: OAU Ile Ife is resuming on the 8th of this month. Didn't you see the thread about it on front page?
Uniport denies pulling out of strike. Did you hear about that too?
is OAU Ile-Ife a State University? you want to be FTC....anyway congrats bro/sis grin

2 Likes

Re: Has Any APC Controlled State Universities Pulled Out From The Strike? by tammie24: 2:29pm On Dec 05, 2013
Re: Has Any APC Controlled State Universities Pulled Out From The Strike? by JulianBond007: 2:32pm On Dec 05, 2013
modestdude: is OAU Ile-Ife a State University? you want to be FTC....anyway congrats bro/sis grin
Does it matter if its a state or federal university? Smh

Ok I am first to comment. Where's my gift?
Re: Has Any APC Controlled State Universities Pulled Out From The Strike? by modestdude(m): 2:48pm On Dec 05, 2013
JulianBond007: Does it matter if its a state or federal university? Smh

Ok I am first to comment. Where's my gift?
it matters dear, OAU is a Federal University and not a State controlled institution. The state govt has no undue influence over it.
Re: Has Any APC Controlled State Universities Pulled Out From The Strike? by omenka(m): 2:50pm On Dec 05, 2013
modestdude: I have not given a thought over FG's claim that ASUU strike is political, not until recent happenings surrounding the divisiveness of ASUU membership became public. so i ask, if FG's claim is a foul cry, why hasn't any of the Opposition controlled state universities announced resumption date for their academic and allied activities or is APC's opposition all about being against everything pro-Jonathan/PDP?
Is there any criticism or mass action, or industrial action in the life of this administration which it didnt attribute to the opposition?? The govt is bereft of ideas on how to govern the people hence its consistent act of taking refuge in the court of gullible nigerians by blaming the oposition. Problem is we have millions of your type out there and it is advantageous to the govt to ensure people like you dont get any wiser, and this they do by giving you guys the worst quality of education money can buy.

1 Like

Re: Has Any APC Controlled State Universities Pulled Out From The Strike? by JulianBond007: 3:04pm On Dec 05, 2013
modestdude: it matters dear, OAU is a Federal University and not a State controlled institution. The state govt has no undue influence over it.
I see no need for the thread then since you believe APC has a hand in the strike. What you should be bothered right now is for FG to fulfil its own obligation and let ASUU call off the strike. Am sure you're affected by the strike too.
Re: Has Any APC Controlled State Universities Pulled Out From The Strike? by donphilopus: 3:10pm On Dec 05, 2013
If the thread is hot, I'd be back!
Re: Has Any APC Controlled State Universities Pulled Out From The Strike? by modestdude(m): 3:41pm On Dec 05, 2013
JulianBond007: I see no need for the thread then since you believe APC has a hand in the strike. What you should be bothered right now is for FG to fulfil its own obligation and let ASUU call off the strike. Am sure you're affected by the strike too.
am an open minded fella dear, and as such i look at things from an objective point of view. An igbo proverb says ata tu ukwa, ata tu aki (let's eat the breadfruit and also bite the coconut/kernel). Agreed FG reneged on the 2009 agreement with ASUU and there is no justifiable reason to have done such. However, am of the opinion that ASUU should have used a constant reminder mechanism to continuously deny the govt of sleep and always drum the agreement into the ears of the Government (that is perseverance). Rather than only running to their tool, which is inimical both to the teeming population of students and to educational development as a whole. The only time Nigerians hear about ASUU is only during warning strikes and full blown strikes. what happened to going on media forum periodically?

Am not directly affected by the strike if thats what you mean, am an XY*5. But however am affected indirectly coz i have younger ones in the Unis
Re: Has Any APC Controlled State Universities Pulled Out From The Strike? by modestdude(m): 3:57pm On Dec 05, 2013
omenka: [/b]Is there any criticism or mass action, or industrial action in the life of this administration which it didnt attribute to the opposition[b]?? The govt is bereft of ideas on how to govern the people hence its consistent act of taking refuge in the court of gullible nigerians by blaming the oposition. Problem is we have millions of your type out there and it is advantageous to the govt to [/b]ensure people like you dont get any wiser[b], and this they do by giving you guys the worst quality of education money can buy.
The opposition may have invited this by promising to make this government ungovernable. Problem is here in Nigeria, we don't know how to lead and we don't know how to follow. We don't know what is leadership and what is opposition and how the later forms a catalyst for accountability in governance.

Anyway thanks @the 2nd bolded statement
Re: Has Any APC Controlled State Universities Pulled Out From The Strike? by phapi(m): 3:58pm On Dec 05, 2013
Let dem wait upon their commander general to give orders b4 dy open their APC state owned uni

ASUU will suffer this politicalize strike dy r on,coz it will get to a tym that APC will deny dem of Some amiable favours,which by dem d smooth reltnship betwn dem and PDP led admns would had gonna sour

THANK GOD I rep Federal uni

UNI of UYO 4life
Re: Has Any APC Controlled State Universities Pulled Out From The Strike? by TechWalker007: 4:21pm On Dec 05, 2013
Even LASU that is collecting N250,000 is going on strike.

Isn't it illegal for state universities to join the strike in the first place?
Re: Has Any APC Controlled State Universities Pulled Out From The Strike? by JulianBond007: 4:31pm On Dec 05, 2013
TechWalker007: Even LASU that is collecting N250,000 is going on strike.

Isn't it illegal for state universities to join the strike in the first place?
I don't know why state universities should be on strike. State universities have always joined their federal counterparts in strike.
Re: Has Any APC Controlled State Universities Pulled Out From The Strike? by shegxi(m): 6:13pm On Dec 05, 2013
state universities are nt suppose to join in d first place bt i tink ASUU undastands d slogan united we stand, divided we fall better dan most of us and op, if u actually watched channels tv, ASUU claimed to hav written 56 letters to d government btw 2012 and 2013. in all fairness, i tink dats enuf notice. bt as nigerians dat we are, most of us dnt like to b civil including d government until d issue gets to a standstill. in as much as i feel d strike has gone on 4 too long, am stil ofcd opinion dat let every issue be settled once and for allb b4 going bck. d government is known to backpedal or even shift d goal post at d middle of d game hence, ASUU's insistence on a binding document which in my opinion is nt too much to ask. having said all dis, i hope our education system wil b beta for it afta d whole saga.
Re: Has Any APC Controlled State Universities Pulled Out From The Strike? by kel4soft: 6:33pm On Dec 05, 2013
But Rivers State University of Science and Technology didn't join the strike.
Re: Has Any APC Controlled State Universities Pulled Out From The Strike? by Idokosolomon(m): 7:53pm On Dec 05, 2013
ASUU now has turn to a political party where its members distribute food,money nd other things in support of the industrial action.No problem,very soon they wil nt have respect again nd govt wil nt recongnis dem again.
Re: Has Any APC Controlled State Universities Pulled Out From The Strike? by omenka(m): 8:30pm On Dec 05, 2013
Idoko solomon: ASUU now has turn to a political party where its members distribute food,money nd other things in support of the industrial action.No problem,very soon they wil nt have respect again nd govt wil nt recongnis dem again.
Another drooling todler. Take them titties out your mouth so you can be audible and coherent.
Re: Has Any APC Controlled State Universities Pulled Out From The Strike? by nairaarea: 10:30pm On Dec 05, 2013
[size=18pt]Rivers State University of Science and Technology was never part of the strike . AMAECHI IS WORKING[/size] grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Ex-PDP Chairman In Kaduna, Lawmakers Defect To APC / Shekarau, Bafarawa shun APC leaders / Video: Fani Kayode Campaigning For Aregbesola In Osun State. Blasting PDP...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.