Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,732 members, 7,817,014 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:56 PM

Error Code P0229 On My Passat - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Error Code P0229 On My Passat (2702 Views)

Infinity Fx35 Error Code -B1134 / Error Code: P0741 (corolla '07) / P1155 - Pls Help With This Error Code On My Rx 300. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Error Code P0229 On My Passat by delaw4u: 6:07pm On Dec 05, 2013
Hello sienna,car-doctor,ikenna
I scanned my 2003 vw passat today because of the orange check engine light on the dash board
Auto tranny 1.8T engine
They diagnose it and the code was P0229
Please what is the problem and the solution to this
Tanx
Re: Error Code P0229 On My Passat by Lexusgs430: 6:23pm On Dec 05, 2013
What does this mean?
OBD Code P0229refers to
Electric Throttle Control Actuator consists of throttle control motor, throttle position (TP)sensor, etc. The throttle position sensor responds to the throttle valve movement. The throttle position sensor has the two sensors. These sensors are a kind of potentiometers which transform the throttle valve position into output voltage, and emit the voltage signal to the ECM. In addition, these sensors detect the opening and closing speed of the throttle valve and feed the voltage signals to the ECM. The ECM judges the current opening angle of the throttle valve from these signals and the ECM controls the throttle control motor to make the throttle valve opening angle properly in response to driving condition.
Symptoms
Possible sumptoms of OBD code P0229
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light) - No throttle response
Causes
Possible causes of OBD code P0229
- Harness or connector (The TP sensor circuit is open or shorted.) - Electric Throttle Control Actuator (or Throttle Body Motor) - Accelerator Pedal Position Sensor (APP) The Error code is generally activated on detection of the following conditions: An Intermittent voltage from the TP sensor 1 is sent to ECM
Re: Error Code P0229 On My Passat by sultaan(m): 9:57pm On Dec 05, 2013
I am not familiar with VW, but the code indicate you not getting enough ump (power) with boost and might be a turbo fault(online diagnostics).

You should clean your throttle body and check vacuum hoses for leaks, a picture of your engine bay will help eliminate missing components.

Worst case scenario is a bad turbo, replacement is easy but part is not cheap. Start with the easier task of visual inspection the check your boost gage while driving.

Watch video then you should understand what is meant by leak affecting boost

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s29Q77hK-i4
Re: Error Code P0229 On My Passat by delaw4u: 2:30pm On Dec 06, 2013
Tanx what do mean by boost gauge the machine refers to sub boost turbo charger so what do I now

(1) (Reply)

Absent VIN NUMBER IN A Toyota Corolla; What Does This Mean? / Accident Involving Benz And Kekenapep At Gwarinpa (graphic Picture ) / Need Your Advice, German Or Japanese Car?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.