Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,285 members, 7,811,839 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:59 PM

P1155 - Pls Help With This Error Code On My Rx 300. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / P1155 - Pls Help With This Error Code On My Rx 300. (5521 Views)

My Rx 300 Develop A Problem. Pls Help / Urgent!! My Rx 300 Smoking Black Andconsuming Fuel Seriuosly. Help!! / ATTN. SIENNA & OTHERS: NEED ADVISE ON HIGH FUEL CONSUMPTION WITH MY RX 300. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

P1155 - Pls Help With This Error Code On My Rx 300. by FabulousAutos(m): 6:30pm On May 29, 2012
I discovered that my Lexus RX 300 was consuming so much fuel, I mean, I was getting between 7.5 - 8.5 mpg instead of the manufacturer's specified 18-20 mpg so I went to Ladipo and was referred to mechanic who told me the engine and emission are in good working condition and will not need to be tampered with. I was advised to service the nuxxle and injector at Mobil filling station, Gbagada and it cost me 5k to do that there. When I discovered that there was no improvement, I did what I should have done earlier and the result shows, P1155 Air/Fuel sensor Heater Malfunction, Bank 2 Sensor 1.

The mechanic who scanned this told me I have to change the catalist.

Can someone pls interpret this for me.
Thanks.
Re: P1155 - Pls Help With This Error Code On My Rx 300. by Nobody: 7:38pm On May 29, 2012
There are a number of OBD-II trouble codes that refer to either Bank 1 or Bank 2. There are conflicting messages on Bank 1 versus Bank 2, so we're trying to set the record straight.
Quite simply, Bank 1 refers to the side of the engine that has the #1 cylinder. Bank 2 is the opposite side of the engine.
It's not correct to simply state that driver's side is always cylinder #1 or vice versa. Even on cars with a tranverse mounted engine, bank #1 is referring to downstream from the side of the engine with cylinder #1.
Bank 1 is always the cylinder head with the #1 spark plug wire or #1 cylinder.
Bank 2 is always the cylinder head with the #2 spark plug wire or #2 cylinder.
Sensor 1 is before the converter.
Sensor 2 is after the converter.

Bank 1 sensor 2 is after the catalytic converter. On any vehicle, bank is the side of the engine, bank 1 is the side of the engine with cyl 1. Sensor 1 (whether its bank 1 or bank 2) will always be before cat, sensor 2 (whether bank 1 or bank 2) will always be after (in some case, actually IN the cat) cat. Also, on most newer vehicles, sensor 1 is also referred to as heated O2 or air/fuel ratio sensor
From the above I guess you should be able to identify the sensor that requires to be changed. It's the sensor on bank 2 just before the catalytic converter. It's the sensor that needs to be changed not the catalytic converter.

1 Like

Re: P1155 - Pls Help With This Error Code On My Rx 300. by nissparts(m): 9:51pm On May 29, 2012
ahh, just seeing this...already replied in the other thread
Re: P1155 - Pls Help With This Error Code On My Rx 300. by FabulousAutos(m): 8:58am On May 30, 2012
@Costee,
Thanks. A very detailed instruction.
But how do I know if the catalytic converter is bad?

@NissParts,
Thanks for your response too. You mentioned that the faulty sensor is not supposed to impact on the fuel consumption. Does that mean that the catalytic converter is bad, or is there something else the diagnostic tool is not telling us?
Re: P1155 - Pls Help With This Error Code On My Rx 300. by nissparts(m): 1:02pm On May 30, 2012
My advise, if your only option for replacement catalyst is a tokunbo then I strongly advise you just remove the catalyst which is blocked and then do what is called an oxygen sensor extender mod (google it).
If you do not do the mod, you will get catalyst codes but your mileage will improve. The mod will ensure you get the best mileage possible with our fuel grade.
You will only need to change the oxygen sensor if you confirm it has a bad electrical connection
Re: P1155 - Pls Help With This Error Code On My Rx 300. by FabulousAutos(m): 6:16pm On May 30, 2012
nissparts: My advise, if your only option for replacement catalyst is a tokunbo then I strongly advise you just remove the catalyst which is blocked and then do what is called an oxygen sensor extender mod (google it).
If you do not do the mod, you will get catalyst codes but your mileage will improve. The mod will ensure you get the best mileage possible with our fuel grade.
You will only need to change the oxygen sensor if you confirm it has a bad electrical connection

The procedure sounds too technical to me. Been doing some research but it seems its something I won't be able to handle on my own. I'll appreciate if you could be kind enough to recommend a good mechanic that can do the 02 sensor mod for me. Thanks once again for your time.
Re: P1155 - Pls Help With This Error Code On My Rx 300. by nissparts(m): 7:27pm On May 30, 2012
Give me a call tomorrow. My number is on my signature.
I have a workshop in Yaba
Re: P1155 - Pls Help With This Error Code On My Rx 300. by FabulousAutos(m): 8:11pm On May 30, 2012
nissparts: Give me a call tomorrow. My number is on my signature.
I have a workshop in Yaba

Ok. Will call u 2moro.

(1) (Reply)

Thread For Honda Owners / Why Do People Call Imported Second Hand Products Belgium / Car Tracker Stopped Receiving Calls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.