Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,790 members, 7,831,554 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:56 PM

Can You SHINE With An Aba Made Product - Fashion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Can You SHINE With An Aba Made Product (14994 Views)

See This Cute Aba-made Shoes. / Chiffon Top From The U.S, Not Aba Made / Aba Made Clothes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You SHINE With An Aba Made Product by battyman(m): 9:44pm On Dec 08, 2013
Many of us wear Aba product without even knowing it because they are indeed very good. We Nigerians, both producers and consumers need purge our selves of over the fence mentality and embrace our own and be proud of it.
I rock Aba big time.

Proudly Nigerian!

4 Likes

Re: Can You SHINE With An Aba Made Product by Dennyzgenius(m): 9:46pm On Dec 08, 2013
Y wont i b? No b 9ja made? Am proud of my country.
Re: Can You SHINE With An Aba Made Product by mariblizzy(f): 9:56pm On Dec 08, 2013
Mrs Awesome: Aba products are really coming up both in quality and design. Wish people will patronize them more...at least those guys will be motivated enough to produce more highly quality goods that can compete with other contemporaries.
To op, i will wear and use it if it is good. If NWA-ABA is good then what am I looking for in D & G, gucci etc....name ......just name....
lol
Re: Can You SHINE With An Aba Made Product by gratiaeo(m): 10:00pm On Dec 08, 2013
The op is kinda stup.Id most of Italian shoes and cloth in the market are Aba made.

3 Likes

Re: Can You SHINE With An Aba Made Product by tucee31: 10:03pm On Dec 08, 2013
@ op, is it "Aba foreign" or "Aba local"? Lolz.
So far they don't paste boldly on the product "GUCCI" or " PRADA" when we know it's actually not!
Re: Can You SHINE With An Aba Made Product by ZACHIE: 10:11pm On Dec 08, 2013
boast with?
I thought it was boast about.
I'm learning
Re: Can You SHINE With An Aba Made Product by vincvin(m): 10:15pm On Dec 08, 2013
Dennyzgenius: Y wont i b? No b 9ja made? Am proud of my country.
LOL or you no get money to buy original.No lie o grin
Re: Can You SHINE With An Aba Made Product by meyri: 10:28pm On Dec 08, 2013
As long as it looks good, why not. Clothes is clothes it not meant to last forever. I take Aba made anytime.
Re: Can You SHINE With An Aba Made Product by kstyle2(m): 10:34pm On Dec 08, 2013
85.94% of girls on dis forum wear aba pant and bra...prove me wrong dy showin us ur victoria secret undies
Re: Can You SHINE With An Aba Made Product by Nadoson: 10:40pm On Dec 08, 2013
@Op, dont underxtimet Aba in evrytin they lay thier hands on. Do u knw dat som of d produts u'v bin uzin were made in Aba? Dont b supriz dat 82% of ur SHOES, BAGS, PERFUME, BODY SPRAY, BODY CREAM, CAP, BEVERAGES & WEARS(cloths) are Aba prodct, mayb u'v been braggin wit dem as imported product. So Aba is fuckinly gud(JAPAN IN AFRICA)
come 2 York @ Aba main park, colombia guys full dere so Aba is perfect.
Im telin u diz cos am a born of Aba(NWA ABA) & brought up in Aba.

3 Likes

Re: Can You SHINE With An Aba Made Product by erico2k2(m): 10:42pm On Dec 08, 2013
gedtalks: There are designer names like Prada, Calvin Klien, D&G, Ejiro Amos Tafari, Denim Kitenge .... and lots more. When you wear any of these it makes you feel cool even if the product isn't as good as the name rings.

I once saw a very fine looking leather footwear but when I checked to see the name I saw NWA-ABA. Now I dont know whether or not I should buy that footwear. Its really nice and it looks strong. What do you guys think.... Should I go ahead and buy it or not? Can you wear an ABA-MADE product and boast about it. (please note that I have a clic of friends that are really up to date in fashion awareness) and they can kill someone with yabbing
I will all day everyday as far as its not used,If its made in Nigeria why not,however it should not be an imitation of a foriegn brand ie Prada made in Aba
Re: Can You SHINE With An Aba Made Product by Nostalgia21(m): 10:52pm On Dec 08, 2013
Meekmind:
Y not...I lov wearing okrika...ibile things
real naija chick..
Re: Can You SHINE With An Aba Made Product by samukiwo(m): 11:01pm On Dec 08, 2013
I was born in Aba and till date I make virtually all my shirts and other clothing in Aba. I know how much people admire my shirts when I wear them. Some would even price the shirt, hoping to get it off my body. I'm rocking a very fine leather casuals shoe and it is an aba-made. Leke vowed to steal it but he never knew it was aba-made. Truth be told, Aba is where u get ingenuity and creativity at it's best! YEAH, I said so.

1 Like

Re: Can You SHINE With An Aba Made Product by Nightshift(m): 11:01pm On Dec 08, 2013
While growing up in Enyimba City in the 80s, Iron Tailor was a popular name. A visit to his Okigwe Rd abode would convince one that he was a master of his trade.
He made many traders at A - Line rich.
I equally loved when Victor Nwabuzor talked about it on his then famous programme ' Trade Post' on Radio Rivers 2 FM Stereo Port Harcourt.
Enyimba n' Aba - City Boys International Band of Ghana

2 Likes

Re: Can You SHINE With An Aba Made Product by striker9(m): 11:02pm On Dec 08, 2013
Wetin concern me with name or brand,as long as I got a shoe.
Re: Can You SHINE With An Aba Made Product by rapfezy: 11:03pm On Dec 08, 2013
Sorry sir,op Yό̲̣̣̣̥ů neva wear am before ni...wetin be ur point nw..na ur type dey work as sale boy in onitsha tongue
Re: Can You SHINE With An Aba Made Product by sonickay(m): 11:13pm On Dec 08, 2013
Why not? I have used a shoe "Mariobangi" before. It served me soo much like a slave, it was made in Aba, Nigeria. When I was at the shop where I bought the shoe, a sticker stuck inside said "Made In Nigeria". Wow, I felt so proud of the shoe, I picked it straight away and even showed friends.
Nigeria has the potential to rival and reduce importation of shoes and clothes, albeit, in a favourable environment; its sad govt. clamps down and destroy this business ideas and imitations indiscriminately without creating and encouraging the counterfeiters to make their own genuine brands.

1 Like

Re: Can You SHINE With An Aba Made Product by 360command: 11:15pm On Dec 08, 2013
@ OP, u do not know anything, omo, rock that nwa-aba shoe. If you fit buy am for me for christmas, I no mind.

There are west african traders from liberia, sierra leone, ghana who comes to aba to buy shoe, slippers, shirts in bulk and then sell it at boutique price in their respective country or area of selling.

Aba made are good,its just that there is nothing like using factory equipment like what we see in the western nation .

1 Like

Re: Can You SHINE With An Aba Made Product by OkikiOluwa1(m): 11:19pm On Dec 08, 2013
jeamie: mumu tlk....u get quality ni....go find sumwhr sleep jare
d real mumu.
Do I knw weda u exist?
U cld be a he-goat. Ur st.upid opinion doesn't count.
Stop making a fool of urself.
Re: Can You SHINE With An Aba Made Product by adimsmt: 11:46pm On Dec 08, 2013
gedtalks: There are designer names like Prada, Calvin Klien, D&G, Ejiro Amos Tafari, Denim Kitenge .... and lots more. When you wear any of these it makes you feel cool even if the product isn't as good as the name rings.

I once saw a very fine looking leather footwear but when I checked to see the name I saw NWA-ABA. Now I dont know whether or not I should buy that footwear. Its really nice and it looks strong. What do you guys think.... Should I go ahead and buy it or not? Can you wear an ABA-MADE product and boast about it. (please note that I have a clic of friends that are really up to date in fashion awareness) and they can kill someone with yabbing
My brother i ask you why not , what is wrong with so called Aba made ask you called it , do you know what our problem is in that our country Nigeria , with the mentality you are showing by rejecting what came out of your country. My brother, I ask you again what do you think about China today, do you think China would have been where they are today if they continuously rejecting the hard work of there citizens . My brother for Nigeria to grow we have to leave this mentality that anything foreign are better. My brother let me educate you what you people don't know , I live here in America for the past 17 years all that designer label you mentioned, do you know they all made there goods either in China or other third world countries like Nigeria, believe me my brother just because its foreign and designer don't necessarily make it better , Save your money and patronize our country .

1 Like

Re: Can You SHINE With An Aba Made Product by lafuria1(m): 12:15am On Dec 09, 2013
Money is what makes us decide on weather aba made or not.
The reality is the guys in aba can make quality leather shoes, but in the midst of quality, you have fake ones. One can really tell the difference unless you meet a honest person. People love assurance on what they buy, reason why they go for designer brand products. And there is no hype about the quality of designer products, if you can afford it once in while, go ahead.

To answer op question, my answer is no for shoes and yes for trousers and shirts
Re: Can You SHINE With An Aba Made Product by redsun(m): 12:31am On Dec 09, 2013
Some of the oyinbo designer like lagerfeild and TH don't think blacks deserves to wear their products and most blacks on the other hand thinks it is excellent to wear them. A status quo that must be attained to make the feel whole

It is all about mentality and who is setting the pace and who is following. Be proud of what you got,patronize it and make it flourish.
Re: Can You SHINE With An Aba Made Product by hunter21(m): 12:34am On Dec 09, 2013
you need to change your clic
Re: Can You SHINE With An Aba Made Product by seangy4konji: 12:42am On Dec 09, 2013
u must be very stupid
Re: Can You SHINE With An Aba Made Product by redsun(m): 12:52am On Dec 09, 2013
What you should be looking at shoes are the affordability and durability. As long as it is reasonably affordable and it serves the purpose while it still glares,you can afford to change it from time to time without too much "holes in your pocket".

Expensive items are going off markets these days,they can't compete with cheap prizes that the hard up people want.
Re: Can You SHINE With An Aba Made Product by ocelot2006(m): 1:09am On Dec 09, 2013
DEFINITELY.
Re: Can You SHINE With An Aba Made Product by Originalsly: 1:26am On Dec 09, 2013
5.00GP:
ABA PRODUCTS NA SUBSTANDARD PRODUCTS
NO DURABILITY, NO GOOD DESIGN, LOWER QUALITY LEATHER...
Lower quality leather? ...try buying designer belts stamped genuine leather from stores that carry original products and see how long they last before they break...yes, break...I tried Calvin Klein, Steve Madden and a few others...all broke except Timberland. I buy anything local over imported as long as the quality is good. Some of you think you are buying genuine products and are really buying fake. How can you tell something is fake if you don't really know the genuine one? @ OP...it is all good to refuse to buy Aba made products....the same guys should send the very products to Dubai for rebranding and return them selling at 10 times the price...then you would.be.so proud to buy and wear the same shoe. Who be fool?
Re: Can You SHINE With An Aba Made Product by anienge001: 1:37am On Dec 09, 2013
If only we know that most of the cloth lines we term as foreign are manufactured in countries we would rate as underdogs for western companies, we wouldn't be making noise here. Most clothes you wear 'bragging' around are made in poor countries like Bangladesh, while others are made in China. Only the product product lines are own by Western entrepreneurs.

With this mind set, where will the employment come from? Are we all looking for civil service jobs? Na wa ooo Naija youths!!
Re: Can You SHINE With An Aba Made Product by Armaniswiz(m): 1:38am On Dec 09, 2013
Buy what u can afford brother and be proud of it but if u can comfortably afford REAL designer stuffs which are quite expensive then forget Aba,d difference is clear..in btw 95% of designer brands sold in 9ja r FAKE(gud grade but not d real stuff) In this case, Aba-made wins vs fake designers,total waste of money. Don't be deceived, Aba has got the skills, yes...but not d infrastructure to compete with d best cloth makers in the world..talking about finishing and quality materials. Want to wear the finest silk or most supple wool, it's not in Aba. Personally i do love Aba native wears(second 2 none) Just pray to have a shapeless bank account and you'll always want to buy ur shoes from Gucci shop in Florence.
Re: Can You SHINE With An Aba Made Product by Armaniswiz(m): 1:45am On Dec 09, 2013
Originalsly: Lower quality leather? ...try buying designer belts stamped genuine leather from stores that carry original products and see how long they last before they break...yes, break...I tried Calvin Klein, Steve Madden and a few others...all broke except Timberland. I buy anything local over imported as long as the quality is good. Some of you think you are buying genuine products and are really buying fake. How can you tell something is fake if you don't really know the genuine one? @ OP...it is all good to refuse to buy Aba made products....the same guys should send the very products to Dubai for rebranding and return them selling at 10 times the price...then you would.be.so proud to buy and wear the same shoe. Who be fool?

Designers make faux leather goods too but they term them as non real leathers and they re usually not as expensive as genuine leather products. If u know real leather and u re shopping for one..u can't buy fake.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What Is Your Best Acne Treatment? / Do You Desire a Flawless Looks? Come... / RoyalRufai Stitches-Your Competent & Credible Tailor & Fashion Designer.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.