Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,198 members, 7,953,730 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 01:37 AM

Knife Crime In The Uk - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Knife Crime In The Uk (1059 Views)

RRS Police Deploys Surveillance Drones To Monitor Crime In Lagos (Photos) / 'Tinubu Was Never Arrested Nor Convicted Of Any Crime In Usa' / Bigamy No Longer A Crime In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Knife Crime In The Uk by chamotex(m): 1:08am On Jul 26, 2008
This sh*t needs to stop now man. Its getting ridiculous. I just got a phone call now from my friend's sister saying that my friend has been stabbed on his shoulder. Luckily he didn't die, he's at the hospital recuperating.

Reason he got stabbed - He accidentally stepped on a guy at the train station

I mean this is really unnecessary. If you have to step on someone now and get stabbed, then i think im gonna have to stay indoors everytime. This guy could have been dead!
Re: Knife Crime In The Uk by manmustwac(m): 1:14am On Jul 26, 2008
did he say sorry to the guy after he realized his mistake or didn't he know that he had accidently stepped on his shoe?
Re: Knife Crime In The Uk by Nobody: 1:19am On Jul 26, 2008
saying sorry or not does not warrant a stab. i think personally that white people are sick in the head and that is not a racist statement. it's fact. angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Knife Crime In The Uk by manmustwac(m): 1:21am On Jul 26, 2008
well the country is just getting worse it wasn't like that when i was their age.
Re: Knife Crime In The Uk by gabelogan(m): 1:25am On Jul 26, 2008
me i no dey even take eye look all those yobs.
i dey fear those boys, anywhere i see them, i go run. the knofe crime is getting too much
Re: Knife Crime In The Uk by manmustwac(m): 1:35am On Jul 26, 2008
gabe_logan:

me i no dey even take eye look all those yobs.
i dey fear those boys, anywhere i see them, i go run. the knofe crime is getting too much
This topic is about knife crime in the UK. Can u please tell me which part of the UK is Madison Square Gardens?

I thought it was in New York City
Re: Knife Crime In The Uk by chamotex(m): 1:36am On Jul 26, 2008
the sad thing is, most of this incidents are black on black crimes, the guy that stabbed him is a black dude.

well according to what his sister told me, he was running to the train's platform to try and catch the last train to his destination, when he got there, he missed the train. Unfortunately, there was this group of boys running behind him trying to catch that same train. During all the chasing and stuff, he accidentally stepped on the trainers of one of the boys and the next thing that happened, he got stabbed. Lucky it was on his shoulder.

Whether he said sorry or not, i dont know yet. I'll find out in the morning. But knowing this friend of mine, he probably did say sorry, he's not that kind of person.
Re: Knife Crime In The Uk by Kobojunkie: 1:47am On Jul 26, 2008
@Poster, did your friend get a good look at the guy? Anyone on the train witness the crime? Were the police called in? Your friend has already been stabbed and that is unfortunate but you can both work to make the stabber's life miserable by making sure you sue him for all he has or pushing to get the maximum sentence he can for the crime, this is assuming he is known.
Re: Knife Crime In The Uk by chamotex(m): 1:58am On Jul 26, 2008
Kobojunkie:

@Poster, did your friend get a good look at the guy? Anyone on the train witness the crime? Were the police called in? Your friend has already been stabbed and that is unfortunate but you can both work to make the stabber's life miserable by making sure you sue him for all he has or pushing to get the maximum sentence he can for the crime, this is assuming he is known.

They weren't even on the train, they missed it. thats where the whole thing started

I hope the stabber gets caught but honestly, he probably would go scot-free.

Almost 18 youths have been killed in London alone this year and most of the killers are still out there on the streets somewhere, roaming around. Its very sad sad angry sad
Re: Knife Crime In The Uk by Kobojunkie: 1:59am On Jul 26, 2008
With all the camera's in London, it was not caught on tape or something??
Re: Knife Crime In The Uk by manmustwac(m): 2:06am On Jul 26, 2008
Kobojunkie:

Even if they catch the guys and send him to Her Majesty's Young Offenders Prison i don't think they'll be locked up for more than two years and during that time they'll have access to Sattelite TV, Playstations Gyms these Prisons are more like holiday camps where these young criminals will meet like minded people to commit more offences when they eventually get out
Re: Knife Crime In The Uk by Kobojunkie: 2:07am On Jul 26, 2008
manmustwac:

Even if they catch the guys and send him to Her Majesty's Young Offenders Prison i don't think they'll be locked up for more than two years and during that time they'll have access to Sattelite TV, Playstations Gyms these Prisons are more like holiday camps where these young criminals will meet like minded people to commit more offences when they eventually get out

Regardless, I would still do all I can to make the person's life as miserable as possible. Even go as far as suing the parents for emotional damages, if the law allows. Instead of people feeling helpless, push for stricter sentences or something. Push to have video games and cable removed from the prisons.
Re: Knife Crime In The Uk by chamotex(m): 2:18am On Jul 26, 2008
Kobojunkie:

With all the camera's in London, it was not caught on tape or something??

This crime is probably not going to be reported. Most of these crimes are never reported to the police due to fear and witness protection issues. The witnesses are not given enough protection at all.

Even on one of the recent programs about knife crime on T.V, hospitals are not required by law to report knife crimes to the police, only gun crimes must be reported, which doesnt make sense.

As with what mammustwac said, i agree 100%. If they are minors, they get stupid warnings and maybe community service and stuff. If they are adults, they get a jail sentence and they dont even have to complete half of that sentence before they are released. Absolutely rubbish!
Re: Knife Crime In The Uk by manmustwac(m): 2:23am On Jul 26, 2008
@chamotex
The incident will be reported because now all Doctors and Nurses in Accident and Emergency Dept in hospitals have been told to report all knife crimes to the police who will investigate the crime
Re: Knife Crime In The Uk by Kobojunkie: 2:32am On Jul 26, 2008
chamotex:

This crime is probably not going to be reported. Most of these crimes are never reported to the police due to fear and witness protection issues. The witnesses are not given enough protection at all.

Even on one of the recent programs about knife crime on T.V, hospitals are not required by law to report knife crimes to the police, only gun crimes must be reported, which doesnt make sense.

As with what mammustwac said, i agree 100%. If they are minors, they get stupid warnings and maybe community service and stuff. If they are adults, they get a jail sentence and they don't even have to complete half of that sentence before they are released. Absolutely rubbish!

It takes one person getting stabbed to force the state to change the way it handles these crimes. Be they minors or not. You either become that one person or you sit quiet and accept the status quo. I have seen people, even Nigerians here push to get tougher sentences for criminals. If your friend feels he is too afraid to speak up, then fine. But I happen to be of the mind that the reason why many of these criminals get away with it is cause the victims, sometimes do not pursue justice to the end. I saw a documentary on a particular case here where a black family pushed for years until they got the death penalty for a woman who killed their son. I mean that was unheard of before then but they pushed and got the law to come down hard on the woman who committed the crime.
Re: Knife Crime In The Uk by chamotex(m): 2:42am On Jul 26, 2008
Kobojunkie:

It takes one person getting stabbed to force the state to change the way it handles these crimes. Be they minors or not. You either become that one person or you sit quiet and accept the status quo. I have seen people, even Nigerians here push to get tougher sentences for criminals. If your friend feels he is too afraid to speak up, then fine. But I happen to be of the mind that the reason why many of these criminals get away with it is cause the victims, sometimes do not pursue justice to the end. I saw a documentary on a particular case here where a black family pushed for years until they got the death penalty for a woman who killed their son. I mean that was unheard of before then but they pushed and got the law to come down hard on the woman who committed the crime.

true say, I truly beleive the whole community needs to stand up against these ANIMALS. I mean its so bad now that one of the recent victim, i think he was 14 or 15 was killed because he was wearing a blue jumper. Can u imagine Like it was Crips v Bloods or whatever
Re: Knife Crime In The Uk by redsun(m): 10:44am On Jul 26, 2008
UK justice system is more or less a joke,the law tend to favour criminals more than victims,couple with the fact that the youths are disillusion,a reflection of the general society built on stereotypical views and unwarranted stigmas.

Aswell as the digital phenomenon,youths acting out violent video games and movies in real life,in most cases parents are digital products themselves nothing to offer a child but disillusion.Not to forget the black syndrome of always playing the second fiddle.

It is going to get worse,society is losing touch with reality,people are more like machines than humans,programmed to think and do alike.Some how,the world will miss true religion.
Re: Knife Crime In The Uk by Nobody: 11:24am On Jul 26, 2008
@ topic,

this is crap! Can't be bothered.
Re: Knife Crime In The Uk by gabelogan(m): 2:52pm On Jul 26, 2008
manmustwac:

This topic is about knife crime in the UK. Can u please tell me which part of the UK is Madison Square Gardens?

I thought it was in New York City

no!!!!!!!!!

madison square garden dey inside peckham!!!

who send u, u dey do police for here?
Re: Knife Crime In The Uk by manmustwac(m): 6:17pm On Jul 26, 2008
gabe_logan:

no!!!!!!!!!

madison square garden dey inside peckham!!!

who send u, u dey do police for here?

so why not just write peckham? Sorry na misunderstanding ok
Re: Knife Crime In The Uk by chamotex(m): 12:20pm On Jul 28, 2008
redsun:

UK justice system is more or less a joke,the law tend to favour criminals more than victims,couple with the fact that the youths are disillusion,a reflection of the general society built on stereotypical views and unwarranted stigmas.

Aswell as the digital phenomenon,youths acting out violent video games and movies in real life,in most cases parents are digital products themselves nothing to offer a child but disillusion.Not to forget the black syndrome of always playing the second fiddle.

It is going to get worse,society is losing touch with reality,people are more like machines than humans,programmed to think and do alike.Some how,the world will miss true religion.

true talk!!!

(1) (Reply)

Failed States Index: Nigeria Ranked 15 Out Of 177 Nations / ". .good For The Goose Is Good For. ."|fed. Character,let's Have State Character / Armed Robbers Wreak Havoc In Aba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.