Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,146 members, 7,818,436 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:49 PM

Leopard Saves Baby Baboon After Killing its Mother - Science/Technology (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Leopard Saves Baby Baboon After Killing its Mother (26549 Views)

Leopard Entered A School In India & Mauled 6 [video] / Kenyan Men Chase & Capture Cheetahs, That Were Killing Their Goats / Lioness Saves Cub From Aggressive Father (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Leopard Saves Baby Baboon After Killing its Mother by mazizitonene(m): 4:00pm On Dec 12, 2013
Nature's a beauty......wonder how dat baby would survive for long sha
Re: Leopard Saves Baby Baboon After Killing its Mother by ugotuf(m): 4:21pm On Dec 12, 2013
Only protecting and making sure of his next meal. Let him try this goat, he will regret his life. grin grin grin

Re: Leopard Saves Baby Baboon After Killing its Mother by mrlaw93(m): 5:00pm On Dec 12, 2013
u fit eat chicken wey neva mature?.. the baby baboon is only kept for future purpose
Re: Leopard Saves Baby Baboon After Killing its Mother by cap28: 5:13pm On Dec 12, 2013
Seun: Gorillas are not carnivorous animals. They are gentle herbivores. They won't kill unless they are threatened. Leopards are ... different.

They can become extremely aggressive and violent even when not threatened, see:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Umokxn3Vc38

by the way that guy has got balls of steel.
Re: Leopard Saves Baby Baboon After Killing its Mother by vislabraye(m): 5:33pm On Dec 12, 2013
Animals can show compassion. Should I say it's mother instincts? The leopard may be a female, probably. I can imagine it say, "I'm also a mother, U should not end up an orphan"
Re: Leopard Saves Baby Baboon After Killing its Mother by Nobody: 5:34pm On Dec 12, 2013
i smell polities
Re: Leopard Saves Baby Baboon After Killing its Mother by cap28: 5:40pm On Dec 12, 2013
vislabraye: Animals can show compassion. Should I say it's mother instincts? The leopard may be a female, probably. I can imagine it say, "I'm also a mother, U should not end up an orphan"

but it killed the baboon's mother.
Re: Leopard Saves Baby Baboon After Killing its Mother by ifoundmyperfect: 5:46pm On Dec 12, 2013
where is episode 2...?
Re: Leopard Saves Baby Baboon After Killing its Mother by kazmanbanjoko(m): 5:49pm On Dec 12, 2013
Maybe e wan reserve am for future purpose. cry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Leopard Saves Baby Baboon After Killing its Mother by Deuces25(m): 6:09pm On Dec 12, 2013
It's Amazing!
Re: Leopard Saves Baby Baboon After Killing its Mother by redsun(m): 6:09pm On Dec 12, 2013
She couldn't kill the little baboon because her hunting instinct was not activated due to the baby's helplessness.There was no need for the leopard to pounce since the baby was not running way.

1 Like

Re: Leopard Saves Baby Baboon After Killing its Mother by Egomah(m): 7:07pm On Dec 12, 2013
The name of the leopard is Lacadima, this video is as old as 2003.
Re: Leopard Saves Baby Baboon After Killing its Mother by Nobody: 7:11pm On Dec 12, 2013
So sad, the poor thinf will still die cos the leopard cant feed it.
Re: Leopard Saves Baby Baboon After Killing its Mother by Nobody: 7:28pm On Dec 12, 2013
Sisi_Kill: I tell ya, I am starting to believe we really can learn a lot from Animals.

Are you ok? You won't go n learn from Nelson Mandela abi!!
Re: Leopard Saves Baby Baboon After Killing its Mother by Nobody: 7:31pm On Dec 12, 2013
vislabraye: Animals can show compassion. Should I say it's mother instincts? The leopard may be a female, probably. I can imagine it say, "I'm also a mother, U should not end up an orphan"

This is a joke, right? Come, let me throw you in a cage with a lioness so she can show you her compassion.

1 Like

Re: Leopard Saves Baby Baboon After Killing its Mother by Seun(m): 7:56pm On Dec 12, 2013
cap28: They can become extremely aggressive and violent even when not threatened, see:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Umokxn3Vc38
by the way that guy has got balls of steel.
I know that gorillas are only "gentle" relative to other wild animals, but you know, the guy in that video was not actually killed or harmed. That tells you a lot right there. The gorilla must have felt her baby was in some kind of danger, but once she got the baby back she left the guy alone. I can't imagine anyone playing with a leopard's cub in its presence and living to tell the story.
Re: Leopard Saves Baby Baboon After Killing its Mother by instaforexngr(m): 8:07pm On Dec 12, 2013
wicked Leopard.
why he no leave the mama make she take care of the pickin
Re: Leopard Saves Baby Baboon After Killing its Mother by texanomaly(f): 8:18pm On Dec 12, 2013
cool
Re: Leopard Saves Baby Baboon After Killing its Mother by blank(f): 8:22pm On Dec 12, 2013
It was playing with its food. It didnt even allow the baby sleep or stay in one place. Why didnt it spare the mum to look after her baby?

1 Like

Re: Leopard Saves Baby Baboon After Killing its Mother by penny01502: 8:25pm On Dec 12, 2013
kambili999: chai... D lord is gud all d tym n all d tym d lord is good
babe is that all you have to say?
Re: Leopard Saves Baby Baboon After Killing its Mother by tomakint: 8:31pm On Dec 12, 2013
@op that was a documentary on National Geography TV that won an award in the 90s (probably '94 I cannot tell precisely) after rescuing the baby baboon from a hyena eventually the baby baboon was taken into custody by experts! The title of the video was, "The Eyes of the Leopard"!
Re: Leopard Saves Baby Baboon After Killing its Mother by drulz(m): 8:44pm On Dec 12, 2013
It ate the big one and kept the small one when it will be hungry again... It didn't kill it because it has a full stomach..
Re: Leopard Saves Baby Baboon After Killing its Mother by GentleFrank(m): 8:56pm On Dec 12, 2013
Wonderful !
Re: Leopard Saves Baby Baboon After Killing its Mother by Nobody: 10:08pm On Dec 12, 2013
israel007: [size=15pt]Waiting for it to mature then eat it. Wicked thing.

Same thing tinubu is doing with amaechi
[/size]
Guy u are so funny.....

1 Like

Re: Leopard Saves Baby Baboon After Killing its Mother by cap28: 12:51am On Dec 13, 2013
Seun:
I know that gorillas are only "gentle" relative to other wild animals, but you know, the guy in that video was not actually killed or harmed. That tells you a lot right there. The gorilla must have felt her baby was in some kind of danger, but once she got the baby back she left the guy alone. I can't imagine anyone playing with a leopard's cub in its presence and living to tell the story.

You're right - looks like they only attack when you go near their young or threaten them in some way, the guy in this video just sat quietly:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2H7zcqjplc
Re: Leopard Saves Baby Baboon After Killing its Mother by joltautos: 1:00am On Dec 13, 2013
God is good , but am sure after few years the Leopard baby will still kill that same one
Re: Leopard Saves Baby Baboon After Killing its Mother by birdman(m): 3:33am On Dec 13, 2013
the video was cut short. In the full video, the leopard turns on the baby and kills it.
Re: Leopard Saves Baby Baboon After Killing its Mother by debola23(f): 5:04am On Dec 13, 2013
Wetin? E go still chop am na.. E de wait make the baby mature.
Re: Leopard Saves Baby Baboon After Killing its Mother by Jeboy(m): 6:22am On Dec 13, 2013
@ birdman

Give us the full video showing that the leopard turned on and killed the baby gorrilla
Re: Leopard Saves Baby Baboon After Killing its Mother by gothrones(m): 7:47am On Dec 13, 2013
^
The baby died of cold that night.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ExHd8kp2lc
Re: Leopard Saves Baby Baboon After Killing its Mother by DONOCSO(m): 9:41am On Dec 13, 2013
gothrones:

Yes, we can learn a lot from animals: when we kill a mother, we should spare the child.
"Oyinbo" Style 4 "Africans"

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Have 350k, Can I Install A Single Solar Panel For My Appliances? / Teenager Invents 20-second Mobile Phone Charger. / 5 Nigerian Engineers Manufacture Drone In Akwa Ibom (Photos, video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.