Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,435 members, 7,823,013 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 09:25 PM

British Born Nigerian Wins British Sport Woman Of The Year - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / British Born Nigerian Wins British Sport Woman Of The Year (525 Views)

Nigerian-born Anthony Joshua Becomes British Heavyweight Boxing Champion(pics) / Mikel Obi Becomes British Citizen / Mikel To Stay On At Chelsea To Bag British Passport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

British Born Nigerian Wins British Sport Woman Of The Year by yommyuk: 2:27am On Dec 06, 2013
Athlete Christine Ohuruogu has been named Sunday Times & Sky Sports Sportswoman of the Year for 2013.
The 400m runner became the first British woman to win two Athletics World Championship crowns when she clinched gold in Moscow in August.
"It's such a tough category," said Ohuruogu. "It's great we have women who are excelling. I am genuinely shocked but I'm really happy."
Cyclist Becky James was given the Young Sportswoman of the Year award.
Ohuruogu beat James, dressage rider Charlotte Dujardin, cricketer Heather Knight, skeleton bobsledder Shelley Rudman and triathlete Non Stanford to the top award in London.

The 29-year-old later confirmed she intends to compete at the 2016 Olympics in Rio de Janeiro.
"I think we'll go to Rio, that's the plan," Ohuruogu said. "Obviously, I have to stay injury free. I love what I do. Me and my coach have a great time training and 400m right now is a great event to be in and we have great talent coming through."
Welsh cyclist James won four medals in five days at the UCI track world championships in Minsk in February.
The England netball side won Team of the Year after losing just one Test match in 2013, while Amy Marren, 15, was named Disability Sports Person of the Year after winning six medals at the IPC World Swimming Championship in August.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/25248100

Re: British Born Nigerian Wins British Sport Woman Of The Year by nikkygal(f): 2:32am On Dec 06, 2013
Congrats to her....Another product of ours groomed to glory by those that appreciate talent!

Well done Christine!!!
Re: British Born Nigerian Wins British Sport Woman Of The Year by yommyuk: 4:51am On Dec 06, 2013
MOD - PLACE THIS ON FP
Cheers wink
Re: British Born Nigerian Wins British Sport Woman Of The Year by rafiuexcel(m): 6:04am On Dec 06, 2013
Nice one...... I hope this meet up with the first page. Even though its not tonto Dike's news

(1) (Reply)

Bonanza From Machester United / AVB Sacked After He Refused To Play Adebayor / Chess Challenges In The State Of Osun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.