Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,083 members, 7,821,730 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:22 PM

Mandelanism - A New African Religion? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Mandelanism - A New African Religion? (9349 Views)

The Plight Of The African Religion / So Which Is The True Religion? / Similarities Between Christianity And African Religion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mandelanism - A New African Religion? by Mavrick2012: 2:06pm On Dec 06, 2013
jerrymania:

seriously, thats how i feel about this thread. for God's sake leave your thoughts in that small brain of yours. i'm even tired of these mods sef. as long as its something that will spite Jesus, they dont waste time putting it on the front page. Its clear the mods dont even make sense of a thread before giving it much importance.
guy NO,dis is d mandela era,open any thread abt mandela n,pop!,it will make front page.
Re: Mandelanism - A New African Religion? by philip0906(m): 2:07pm On Dec 06, 2013
ROSSIKE: Please spare us this stupi.dity. We are not all Christians here, so zip your crap.
y r u ranting? u created a dumb thread but u r attacking someone for expressing his own views. . .grow some brain undecided

2 Likes

Re: Mandelanism - A New African Religion? by Nobody: 2:09pm On Dec 06, 2013
He'd lived a life of emulation. I think most South Africans will follow his footstep and never forgot how much this legend had contributed to that society!
Re: Mandelanism - A New African Religion? by Vanityupnvanity(m): 2:11pm On Dec 06, 2013
was he not a christian? I thought he was a christian. just asking pls.
Re: Mandelanism - A New African Religion? by Nobody: 2:11pm On Dec 06, 2013
philip0906:
y r u ranting? u created a dumb thread but u r attacking someone for expressing his own views. . .grow some brain undecided
How is it a dumb thread? What is dumber than worshipping some mythical, 'virgin born' magician with no historical proof of his existence? At least we know Mandela is a real person who lived and suffered for his principles.
Re: Mandelanism - A New African Religion? by DJDOLA(m): 2:13pm On Dec 06, 2013
Mandela and Buddha wat is s different
Re: Mandelanism - A New African Religion? by jmoore(m): 2:16pm On Dec 06, 2013
Nelson Mandela was a christian just like Martin Luther King Jr. They learnt that God is love, that Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.
Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts,
always hopes, always perseveres.

The men above were christians, they were the light and salt of the world.
You can't separate christianity from them.

1 Like

Re: Mandelanism - A New African Religion? by Nobody: 2:17pm On Dec 06, 2013
DJDOLA: Mandela and Buddha wat is s different
Exactly. The Chinese used Buddha to form the basis of their national religion. Buddha was a real person, not a mythical magician, and the principles he upheld were very Mandelaesque - self-sacrifice, humility, compassion.
Re: Mandelanism - A New African Religion? by POPEII: 2:18pm On Dec 06, 2013
ROSSIKE: Exactly. The Chinese used Buddha to form the basis of their national religion. Buddha was a real person, not a mythical magician, and the principles he upheld were very Mandelaesque.
Don't you have your own African religion?
Re: Mandelanism - A New African Religion? by philip0906(m): 2:19pm On Dec 06, 2013
ROSSIKE: How is it a dumb thread? What is dumber than worshipping some mythical, 'virgin born' magician with no historical proof of his existence? At least we know Mandela is a real person who lived and suffered for his principles.
C u jumping before the gun. . .ur almost choking on stu.pidity.U just started a thread not because u know anything about the great Madiba, but cos u are looking for an avenue to launch an "[i]assault" [/i]as you have always done, on xtianity. Even south africans who own him, are not starting out silly threads. Get a life bro, else u'll die b4 ur time and no one will start a new religion in ur name. Nonsense angry

2 Likes

Re: Mandelanism - A New African Religion? by Nobody: 2:19pm On Dec 06, 2013
POPE II: Don't you have your own African religion?
Yes. Mandelanism. That is the newest African religion.
Re: Mandelanism - A New African Religion? by philip0906(m): 2:21pm On Dec 06, 2013
ROSSIKE: Exactly. The Chinese used Buddha to form the basis of their national religion. Buddha was a real person, not a mythical magician, and the principles he upheld were very Mandelaesque - self-sacrifice, humility, compassion.
Guess what? Madiba was a christian. . .idiota
Re: Mandelanism - A New African Religion? by POPEII: 2:21pm On Dec 06, 2013
ROSSIKE: Yes. Mandelanism. That is the newest African religion.
where r you from?
Leave Mandela whatever for south Africans .
Re: Mandelanism - A New African Religion? by Nobody: 2:22pm On Dec 06, 2013
jerrymania:

seriously, thats how i feel about this thread. for God's sake leave your thoughts in that small brain of yours. i'm even tired of these mods sef. as long as its something that will spite Jesus, they dont waste time putting it on the front page. Its clear the mods dont even make sense of a thread before giving it much importance.

Not everyone cares, not everyone must believe in Jesus. You have to realize that not everyone cares about Jesus or your believe, just hold it to yourself.
Re: Mandelanism - A New African Religion? by Nobody: 2:22pm On Dec 06, 2013
philip0906:
Guess what? Madiba was a christian. . .idiota
it does no matter what he was. Your 'Jesus' character was a Judaism practitioner.

1 Like

Re: Mandelanism - A New African Religion? by Okijajuju1(m): 2:23pm On Dec 06, 2013
jerrymania:

Jesus died for the Jews... Its cool, Niggas can celebrate him.

Mandela fought for the Blacks in his country and continent, and you are hating because people want to start a religion that would be based on his lifestyle that is even more peaceful than the preachings of Jesus...

Niggas...

3 Likes

Re: Mandelanism - A New African Religion? by Nobody: 2:23pm On Dec 06, 2013
POPE II: where r you from?
Leave Mandela whatever for south Africans .
Just like you left 'Jesus' for his fellow Jews and Romans?

2 Likes

Re: Mandelanism - A New African Religion? by philip0906(m): 2:25pm On Dec 06, 2013
ROSSIKE: it does no matter what he was. Your 'Jesus' character was a Judaism practitioner.

Oh yeah, I'm sure it took u by surprise. I bet u thought Madiba believed in some chit chat atheistic thrash, buh yeah he believed in the one and only Jesus Christ. Your attempt to want to turn ur own thread upside down, would be ignored by me. stick to ur thread. idiota
Re: Mandelanism - A New African Religion? by gloaspearl(f): 2:26pm On Dec 06, 2013
ROSSIKE: Please spare us this stupi.dity. We are not all Christians here, so zip your crap.
Let him be, he said his mind which truth
Re: Mandelanism - A New African Religion? by philip0906(m): 2:27pm On Dec 06, 2013
ROSSIKE: Just like you left 'Jesus' for his fellow Jews and Romans?
U know ur dumb right? u started out a thread with a somewhat different aim i guess, buh after finding out how stu.pid u were, u now changing and turning ur own thread into some gibberish anti-Jesus thread, which the Great Madiba would not even accept. Like I said, get a life, u fail

1 Like

Re: Mandelanism - A New African Religion? by POPEII: 2:29pm On Dec 06, 2013
ROSSIKE: Just like you left 'Jesus' for his fellow Jews and Romans? What are you doing worshipping "'Jesus"?
no, Jesus is universal he died for our salvation/forgiveness of our sins . Did Mandela die for us ? Yes he fought for the liberation of African in his country so did Thomas sankara, sekou toure, Patrice lumumba , so why Mandela? A coward who didn't dare challenge the hegemony of white people in his country's economy?
I would rather become a mugabelian than a mandelian/mandelist . Besides African already have a spirituality and religions you can start with promoting yours.
Re: Mandelanism - A New African Religion? by Nobody: 2:29pm On Dec 06, 2013
philip0906:

Oh yeah, I'm sure it took u by surprise. I bet u thought Madiba believed in some chit chat atheistic thrash, buh yeah he believed in the one and only Jesus Christ. Your attempt to want to turn ur own thread upside down, would be ignored by me. stick to ur thread. idiota
Your "Jesus" character practised Judaism you dullard, yet a new religion emerged from him. So saying Mandela was a Christian is meaningless. A new faith system can still emerge from him.
Re: Mandelanism - A New African Religion? by philip0906(m): 2:30pm On Dec 06, 2013
Okija_juju:

Jesus died for the Jews... Its cool, Niggas can celebrate him.

Mandela fought for the Blacks in his country and continent, and you are hating because people want to start a religion that would be based on his lifestyle that is even more peaceful than the preachings of Jesus...

Niggas...
[size=13pt]But do u realise that Madiba himself believed in Jesus Christ (a nigga, i guess?) and so wouldn't even smile at u starting out a religion in his name and spitting a Jesus he believed unto his death? Or too much drinking of blood has turned ur brains upside down?[/size]
Re: Mandelanism - A New African Religion? by philip0906(m): 2:32pm On Dec 06, 2013
ROSSIKE: Your "Jesus" character practised Judaism you dullard, yet a new religion emerged from him. So saying Mandela was a Christian is meaningless. A new faith system can still emerge from him.
I bet u know ur posts are du.mb and the aim of this thread has been defeated by YOU. So just let us know when the new "religion", would be launching so we all can prolly have a change of mind and join. grin grin grin
Re: Mandelanism - A New African Religion? by Nobody: 2:35pm On Dec 06, 2013
Oh MANDELA, I worship you! Grant me the grace to emulate your footstep. My God, my Mandela!

1 Like

Re: Mandelanism - A New African Religion? by Nobody: 2:36pm On Dec 06, 2013
POPE II: no, Jesus is universal he died for our salvation/forgiveness of our sins.
Sorry but the very existence of Jesus is subject to serious doubt. There is no evidence he ever lived on this earth. If you have the evidence, provide it.

Did Mandela die for us ? Yes he fought for the liberation of African in his country so did Thomas sankara, sekou toure, Patrice lumumba , so why Mandela? A coward who didn't dare challenge the hegemony of white people in his country's economy?
I would rather become a mugabelian than a mandelian/mandelist.
But the "Jesus" character was a compromiser as well, who told the Jews to "give unto Caesar what is Caesar's" and to "turn the other cheek" during a period of Roman colonial oppression over them.
Re: Mandelanism - A New African Religion? by POPEII: 2:37pm On Dec 06, 2013
So he becomes what? The savior? A prophet? A God? A divinity?
Re: Mandelanism - A New African Religion? by philip0906(m): 2:38pm On Dec 06, 2013
ROSSIKE: Sorry but the very existence of Jesus is subject to serious doubt. There is no evidence he ever lived on this earth. If you have the evidence, provide it.

But the "Jesus" character was a compromiser as well, who told the Jews to "give unto Caesar what is Caesar's" during a period of Roman colonial oppression over them.
ROSSIKE: Sorry but the very existence of Jesus is subject to serious doubt. There is no evidence he ever lived on this earth. If you have the evidence, provide it.

But the "Jesus" character was a compromiser as well, who told the Jews to "give unto Caesar what is Caesar's" during a period of Roman colonial oppression over them.
This is exactly where u wanted this thread headed. . .when are we starting the new religion? I want to enroll grin grin
Re: Mandelanism - A New African Religion? by RedLight1: 2:39pm On Dec 06, 2013
Akpan107: No one will be saved in the name of Mandela.
Mandela is not the only one that fought for the freedom his poeple.
martin Luther king did the same.
Christ came to save the world and to save us (including mandela) from our sins.
Jesus is the savior of the whole world.
jesus christ was suppose to be jews messiah but he failed cos the jews didnot accept him.
catholic churches/priests saw it as an opportunity to control the world and boost slavery and they imposed him on us.
jesus never saved anyone, he didnot even have the power to save himself from the jews.

every continent, race, colour have its heroes. likes moses to the jews, luther king n Lincoln to black race, madiba to africa.
there can never be world messiah in form of human being, unelse the allien inavdes with something more superior to humans and i doubt allien exists.
Re: Mandelanism - A New African Religion? by Nobody: 2:39pm On Dec 06, 2013
POPE II: So he becomes what? The savior? A prophet? A God? A divinity?
He becomes a sage, like Buddha. Like Confucius. You do not need to have a person who claims to perform miracles, prophesy, or speak to God, to acquire a focal point for a moral, religious, or ethical system. In fact I would be very wary of using such characters as my moral arbiters.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Should Christians Pray For Some Enemies to Die? / What Are Truly The Signs Of A Genuine Christian? / Cardinal Becciu: Vatican Court Convicts Former Pope Adviser Of Financial Crimes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.