Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,089 members, 7,811,055 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:48 PM

Lekki Wives: Most Popular Talked About Show In Nigeria - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Lekki Wives: Most Popular Talked About Show In Nigeria (1069 Views)

Lekki Wives Season 2 Link Needed Please / Lekki Wives: A Must Watch Drama Series / Explosive New TV Series “lekki Wives” – Watch The Preview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Lekki Wives: Most Popular Talked About Show In Nigeria by osaseyeishere(m): 2:16pm On Dec 06, 2013
Screenwriter and director of the series "Lekki Wives" Blessing Effiom Egbe shares spotlight into the most talked about show in Nigeria: adultery, betrayal and money flowing stream.This comedy drama takes place in one of the new chic suburbs of Lagos, is not only the brainchild of producers. She lifts the veil on the lives of the new rich in very select suburb of Lekki, secure area of ​​large villas, where the writer and director Blessing Effiom Egbe lived for eight years.
[img]http://2.bp..com/-dxWd2lFRPPg/UqHF4YpDT3I/AAAAAAAAP6A/E6EoZY7pCpw/s1600/56738909r8.jpg[/img]
Lekki Wives (Women Lekki), whose name is borrowed from Desperate Housewives, describes the obsession with social mobility in a country where the wealth from oil is far from having improved the lives of its 170 million inhabitants.

The series, which is perhaps what fascinates viewers watch "all the evil that people are willing to do for money," says Blessing Egbe.

"We pushed the envelope a bit. Were not trying to be nice," she told AFP.

Intrigues Lekki Wives are "99%" inspired by true stories of people looking to join the elite, explains Egbe. The characters talk about their desires and emotional monologues in front of the camera.

Must pass a security gate to enter the residential complex Lekki, a district in full swing and the most coveted of Lagos.

Banks, hotels, shopping malls, huge churches along the road paved carefully. The buildings are new or under construction.

The houses resemble the American suburbs. Rents are astronomical: U.S. $ 24,000 per year for a studio (18,000 euros), it is often necessary to pay at once.

Mother of 3 children, Blessing Egbe, 37, knows the area when she moved there 8 years. These are people "who are desperate to be seen and go to wealthy," she said.

But it is sometimes a sham.

"You see a beautiful house, but inside, the rooms are empty or without electricity. Either the room is elegant and the rest of the house, there is nothing," she says.

"An address to Lekki is perhaps not quite a visa for America," but it is a lot of acceptable consolation jokes blogger Chigo Compere. A known history in Lagos reports the case of a man who can not afford housing in this affluent suburb, sleeping in his Range Rover parked in the streets of Lekki, the changing place every day to avoid being spotted by people.

The series is innovative because designers of films and television programs in Nigeria tend to avoid the realities of society, says the actress Kiki series Omeilli 29 years.

"Everyone knows what happens, but nobody wants this screen," says one who embodies Lovette, which maintains a set of expensive life with her lovers and extramarital affairs.

A scenario that crosses the boundaries of acceptable

The series is so popular that the actress is approached by fans on the streets like never before. "People recognize me because of my previous films, but never like this."

http://osaseye..com/2013/12/lekki-wives-is-most-talked-about-show.html#.UqH1ccRDvl8
Re: Lekki Wives: Most Popular Talked About Show In Nigeria by JadeWilliam(f): 2:44pm On Dec 06, 2013
I saw d poster of dat series.I thought it was a reality show cos Frank Edoho's ex wife Catherine is in so I didn't bother buying it but I'l surely go 4it 2c what d hype is al abt.
Re: Lekki Wives: Most Popular Talked About Show In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:48pm On Dec 06, 2013
It's a web series, not a Tv show. The season 2 however is gonna be a tv show. I've not watched it anyway, and I'm not eager to

(1) (Reply)

Big Brother Africa's Nhlanhla Adds Macky2, Seven On Block! / Windeck Telenovela / Nairalanders Wat Is Your Beat Seasonal/series Movie

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.