Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,255 members, 7,815,389 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:35 AM

The Nigerian Teacher/Tutor And The Cane - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Nigerian Teacher/Tutor And The Cane (11552 Views)

Nigerian Teacher Honoured In The UK / The Pitiable Life Of A Nigerian Teacher. The Way Forward?? / Private Tutor And Coaching Classes Forjamb, Waec, Gce, Tutorials For Mathematics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Nigerian Teacher/Tutor And The Cane by ikamefa(f): 12:22am On Jul 28, 2008
@ topic

i was canned ( individually )  c o s i was hard headed growing up wink and  during mass punishment (in feggicolla ) too

did it make me a better person ?   cheesy of course yes!  grin

i respected my teachers more! listened more in class!  even if i hated them afterwards  grin ( and if i see my yoruba teacher today on the streets would prolly head-butt her) grin grin grin grin grin grin

they say the fear of the cane is the beginning of wisdom
grin cheesy grin  

after sometime i got used to it  cheesy abi nor be cane?

do i really support it? yes!  wink but one must be able to know where to draw the line!
Re: The Nigerian Teacher/Tutor And The Cane by chykx: 12:43am On Jul 28, 2008
I am a better person now because of the lashing. Though some of the lashing 10 t0 15 days the line i know i did not do what was the reason for the lashing, But all the same i would have been down too spoil to go without punishment in school especially lashing. I know kids who's parent prevented teachers from lashing, we all grow up went in to university and now must of them are not alive to tell this tells, of course they got in cult and got the re-compence. I am an adult now, married and expecting children, yet i still got lots of morales that was imbibed in me because of the lashing! ! ! So for my children of course they will be lashed at school, yes i mean yes, but one thing is that don't get S/He lashed for what they did not do or things that they could not have prevented, like coming to school neat, hair cuts , lack of school fees and co these are parents responsibility and the parent should be held responsible for that. For the most can never do wells that managed to come abroad because of the money their parent stole from different organisations to sponsor them and for the fact that they know that they can fit into the systerm, they are the ones crying fowl, check records and see who's kid are getting involved in crimes and getting hooked to drugs, lashed kids never (at least i have never heard) came abroad to misbehave, i am one good example, they always know their target and deep down in them they know their are consequences for fuckups shocked
Re: The Nigerian Teacher/Tutor And The Cane by Kobojunkie: 12:44am On Jul 28, 2008
I was caned,  I was loved. I got the most from Teachers who loved me and to this day, I still have so much respect for the one dude. I can not remember his name exactly, but I was one of the first students at NNPC staff School Mosimi Shagamu and was lucky to have been in his class.

Our Health/Phys Ed teacher, Mr Jowire ( can're remember the exact spelling) was hard with the cane, but fun to hang out with when you are not unruly. Had the best adventures back when I was in his class. My own class teacher was a believer in the use of the rod as well but he was also a very sweet loving old man who pushed us to do the very best in all we set our minds to accomplish. It worked.
Re: The Nigerian Teacher/Tutor And The Cane by HCH3COO: 12:45am On Jul 28, 2008
I am agreeing with kobojunkie here: it worked.
Re: The Nigerian Teacher/Tutor And The Cane by KarmaMod(f): 12:47am On Jul 28, 2008
chykx are you saying only the ones who were "spared" that joined secret cults? You must be joking

and obviously it dfidnt work for alot of you as made obviously be the utter lack of disrespect for women.
Re: The Nigerian Teacher/Tutor And The Cane by 4Play(m): 12:51am On Jul 28, 2008
Caning teaches you that the use of physical force helps to deal with disagreeable people,which is why we have a violent society.
Re: The Nigerian Teacher/Tutor And The Cane by KarmaMod(f): 12:52am On Jul 28, 2008
Can I cane you? grin
Re: The Nigerian Teacher/Tutor And The Cane by 4Play(m): 12:55am On Jul 28, 2008
I haven't done anything wrong.
Re: The Nigerian Teacher/Tutor And The Cane by Kobojunkie: 12:58am On Jul 28, 2008
4 Play:

Caning teaches you that the use of physical force helps to deal with disagreeable people,which is why we have a violent society.

It does?? I am not violent and many of the violent ones I know of in society were never caned. So what happened here? I don't believe people who make the above claim actually do real research before shooting out such nonsense.

I was caned by my mum up until age 23. My dad never had time to discipline us. I love my mum and would do anything for that woman to this day but I sort of recent my dad for not caring enough to at least try to discipline us in some way, when we did wrong. I have 5 siblings who are non-violent good citizens today. How can caning have taught us to be violent if we are not violent and have no intentions on being violent? I have friends who were all caned as children, who are older now and are non-violent beings and abhor violence. What has caning to do with teaching violence?
Re: The Nigerian Teacher/Tutor And The Cane by 4Play(m): 1:03am On Jul 28, 2008
Kobojunkie:

It does?? I am not violent and many of the violent ones I know of in society were never caned. So what happened here?

The point is not that every single one who is caned turns violent,but that in general,resort to corporal punishment breeds violence. There are a lot of people who turned into decent adults without being caned.

Nobody canes their children in the West as much as racial minorities but no segment of society produces as many criminals as the same racial minorities.You think those gangbanging African-American kids didn't get whipped more than white kids?
Re: The Nigerian Teacher/Tutor And The Cane by KarmaMod(f): 1:05am On Jul 28, 2008
4 Play:

Nobody canes their children in the West as much as racial minorities but no segment of society produces as many criminals as the same racial minorities.You think those gangbanging African-American kids didn't get whipped more than white kids?

There lies the irony
Re: The Nigerian Teacher/Tutor And The Cane by Kobojunkie: 1:09am On Jul 28, 2008
4 Play:

The point is not that every single one who is caned turns violent,but that in general,resort to corporal punishment breeds violence. There are a lot of people who turned into decent adults without being caned.

Ok… and there are a lot of people who turned into violent adults without being caned. How can you then link violence to caning if you can get the bug even when you have never really been caned as a kid?

4 Play:

Nobody canes their children in the West as much as racial minorities but no segment of society produces as many criminals as the same racial minorities. You think those gangbanging African-American kids didn't get whipped more than white kids?

Come to my area. Majority of these kids where never caned. They did not even have parents or anyone who cared enough to want to discipline them to that extent and they turn out to be some of the most violent kids around. How can you link this to caning when it does not make sense that such a link exists, especially in the African American community.

I don’t believe African Americans cane their kids as much as you think. In fact, I have met more parents in the African American community too afraid to discipline their kids for fear they might not love them anymore, than I have parents who discipline their kids with the cane. Majority of these kids do not have parents at home who are there enough to want to discipline them.

Now in the Indian community here, we have parents who actually discipline their kids, and some use the cane. How come we do not get more cases of violent Indians?

White kids actually do get whipped. I work with a couple of people who were whipped as kids and have paddles in their homes to frighten their kids with.  There is no stat out there that actually links Violence to caning without much bias attached to it.  There is no direct link whatsoever but we have more people who continue to try to link the two without much unbiased research done on this.

For pete's sake, how many violent criminals do you know of today who, when asked of why they became that way, blame it on being caned as a kid? I mean come on. We have more violent criminals speak of how parents never really cared much to discipline them from the beginning.
Re: The Nigerian Teacher/Tutor And The Cane by dudu19(m): 1:13am On Jul 28, 2008
But the word of God says cane your child so u can have a peace of mind
Re: The Nigerian Teacher/Tutor And The Cane by manmustwac(m): 1:21am On Jul 28, 2008
Here in the UK caning used to be the norm until it was banned inthe early eighties. I wish they would bring back corpoal punishment coz a lot of the young kids nowadays need discipline
Re: The Nigerian Teacher/Tutor And The Cane by 4Play(m): 1:25am On Jul 28, 2008
Kobojunkie:

Ok… and there are a lot of people who turned into violent adults without being caned. How can you then link violence to caning if you can get the bug even when you have never really been caned as a kid?

Obviously,there are a lot factors involved in determining whether one turns violent,of which caning,can be a factor

Kobojunkie:

Come to my area. Majority of these kids where never caned. They did not even have parents or anyone who cared enough to want to discipline them to that extent and they turn out to be some of the most violent kids around. How can you link this to caning when it does not make sense that such a link exists, especially in the African American community.

Anytime you are debating Nigerians,they resort to anecdotal evidence that is unverifiable except by them.Rather than me "coming to your area",why don't you point me to any study that proves your point.

The academic evidence is overwhelming, compelling and irrefutable in pointing to one direction:Corporal punishment is more prevalent amongst African-Americans.I could flood you with links upon links but let me use one as an example:http://www.libraryindex.com/pages/1401/Causes-Effects-Child-Abuse-CORPORAL-PUNISHMENT.html
Re: The Nigerian Teacher/Tutor And The Cane by Kobojunkie: 1:31am On Jul 28, 2008
4 Play:

Obviously,there are a lot factors involved in determining whether one turns violent,of which caning,can be a factor

Anytime you are debating Nigerians,they resort to anecdotal evidence that is unverifiable except by them.Rather than me "coming to your area",why don't you point me to any study that proves your point.

Dude,  that is exactly what you did. LMAO!! I am giving you my area here so you understand I did not just make this up should you need to verify. You can always look up the records on this city and query the Juvenille departments for more information to help you verify what I posted.  simple!!

4 Play:

The academic evidence is overwhelming, compelling and irrefutable in pointing to one direction:Corporal punishment is more prevalent amongst African-Americans.I could flood you with links upon links but let me use one as an example:http://www.libraryindex.com/pages/1401/Causes-Effects-Child-Abuse-CORPORAL-PUNISHMENT.html

No connection was found between spanking and later behavioral problems among African-American and Hispanic children. According to the authors, the same results were found in studies involving children older than two. The authors explained that the way white families and other ethnic groups view the spanking of children may influence the impact of spanking. For example, African-American families typically do not consider spanking as "harsh or unfair."

Well,  I guess Singapore should be one of the most violent countries on the planet then.
Re: The Nigerian Teacher/Tutor And The Cane by 4Play(m): 1:38am On Jul 28, 2008
Kobojunkie:

Dude, that is exactly what you did. LMAO!! I am giving you my area here so you understand I did not just make this up should you need to verify. You can always look up the records on this city and query the Juvenille departments for more information to help you verify what I posted. simple!!

I should go and look up a claim you made without any evidence to back it up? I guess it is no longer the duty of a person making a claim to prove it.

Well, I guess Singapore should be one of the most violent countries on the planet then.

That is comparing apples and oranges. Simply comparing a police state in one continent and a democracy in another continent is pointless.

It will be quite interesting to compare the rates of spousal abuse and child abuse.The overwhelming majority of violent incidents take place in the home.
Re: The Nigerian Teacher/Tutor And The Cane by Kobojunkie: 1:41am On Jul 28, 2008
4 Play:

I should go and look up a claim you made without any evidence to back it up? I guess it is no longer the duty of a person making a claim to prove it.
That is comparing apples and oranges. Simply comparing a police state in one continent and a democracy in another continent is pointless.
If you will not, let me help you. There is a ban on it in Ohio.  So, the continent matters?
4 Play:

It will be quite interesting to compare the rates of spousal abuse and child abuse.The overwhelming majority of violent incidents take place in the home.

There is still been no direct link to all that and spanking as a form of discipline.
Re: The Nigerian Teacher/Tutor And The Cane by 4Play(m): 1:55am On Jul 28, 2008
@Kobo

Don't be disingenuous,you conveniently selected only a part of the link that looked at the effect of spanking on 6 year olds which found that it had zero negative effects for African-Americans/Latinos while having a net negative effect for whites.

You also conveniently forgot this part of the report:
Corporal punishment experienced in adolescence produces the same effect on males and females. Parents who were physically punished thirty or more times as adolescents (24%) were three times as likely as those who never received physical punishment (7%) to abuse their children physically.

This part:
Murray A. Straus and Mallie J. Paschall found that corporal punishment was associated with a child's failure to keep up with the average rate of cognitive development.Straus and Paschall found that the more prevalent the corporal punishment, the greater the decrease in cognitive ability.

The results of the study also debunked the general belief among African-Americans that corporal punishment benefits children. The adverse consequences on cognitive development held true for all racial and ethnic groups.

The researchers also found changes in some children's aggression. Nonaggressive children at the start of the study who were spanked were twice as aggressive by the end of the study.
Re: The Nigerian Teacher/Tutor And The Cane by Kobojunkie: 2:01am On Jul 28, 2008
Nah,  I only posted that to follow your post which I assumed from the same. Well,  the article did not really say that spanking was wrong and the samples left me the same questions and no answers. Now a good study would be a controlled study of Spanking, No Spanking at all, and then no disciplne for control and No Bias. lol

Not All Experts Oppose Physical Punishment

Some experts believe nonabusive spanking can play a role in effective parental discipline of young children. According to Robert E. Larzelere, spanking can have beneficial results when it is "nonabusive (e.g., two swats to the buttocks with an open hand) and used primarily to back up milder disciplinary tactics with 2- to 6-year-olds by loving parents" ("Child Outcomes of Nonabusive and Customary Physical Punishment by Parents: An Updated Literature Review," Clinical Child and Family Psychology Review, vol. 3, no. 4, 2000). Larzelere reviewed thirty-eight studies on corporal punishment to determine the effects of nonabusive and customary spanking. The author described researches on customary spanking as "studies that measure physical punishment without emphasizing the severity of its use."

Generally, the thirty-eight studies were nearly equally divided in their reports of beneficial child outcomes, detrimental child outcomes, and neutral or mixed outcomes: 32%, 34%, and 34%, respectively. The author examined seventeen studies he considered to be causally conclusive, that is, the research showed that nonabusive spanking was associated with the child outcomes. Nine studies in which children two to six years of age received nonabusive spankings after noncompliance with room time-out found beneficial child outcomes, such as subsequent compliance with parental orders. Of these nine studies, two studies in which parents used reasoning with the child followed by nonabusive spanking revealed a longer delay in between misbehaviors. A study involving extended disciplining by mothers showed that child compliance occurred at higher rates when the mothers used spanking as a final resort after other disciplinary measures had been tried.

Of the eight controlled longitudinal studies that examined spanking frequency, five reported negative child outcomes, such as low self-esteem. Controlled studies refer to studies that excluded initial child misbehavior. The author noted that three of these studies showed that the detrimental effects were a result of frequent spankings.

Larzelere found that the child's age was associated with the outcome of nonabusive spanking. Of twelve studies involving children with mean ages under six, eleven reported beneficial outcomes. Among children ages seven-and-a-half to ten years, just one study reported beneficial outcomes, while six studies found detrimental outcomes.

Larzelere noted that confounding factors in some studies were responsible for a conclusion of detrimental child outcomes. In other words, studies that used opposing or unclear factors found negative outcomes. According to Larzelere, studies that did not show detrimental child outcomes shared three common factors: very serious corporal punishment was not included in those studies; spanking was measured as a back-up for other disciplinary practices and not in terms of frequency; and a large number of children exhibited behavior problems at the start of the study.

Here is a link to another unbelievable claim against spanking. My Question remains, how do they make these unbelievable connections when even persons who have never been spanked sometimes choose these same path.

http://health.usnews.com/usnews/health/healthday/080228/spanking-raises-chances-of-risky-deviant-sexual-behavior.htm
Re: The Nigerian Teacher/Tutor And The Cane by 4Play(m): 2:09am On Jul 28, 2008
@Kobo

I made a claim that racial minorities spank their kids more,your rebuttal was based on "come to my area". You haven't produced one iota of evidence to show that African-Americans spank their kids less.

I have shown you studies that show that African-Americans have greater confidence in corporal punishment.I have also shown you studies that show a link between the levels of aggression/lesser cognitive development and spanking.

You are yet to show any evidence for the claims you have made.Were is your evidence that corporal punishment is a net positive?
Re: The Nigerian Teacher/Tutor And The Cane by Kobojunkie: 2:11am On Jul 28, 2008
4 Play:

You are yet to show any evidence for the claims you have made.Were is your evidence that corporal punishment is a net positive?

You can start by helping me understand/pointing out when and where I made such a statement? 
Re: The Nigerian Teacher/Tutor And The Cane by 4Play(m): 2:15am On Jul 28, 2008
Kobojunkie:

Nah, I only posted that to follow your post which I assumed from the same. Well, the article did not really say that spanking was wrong and the samples left me the same questions and no answers. Now a good study would be a controlled study of Spanking, No Spanking at all, and then no disciplne for control and No Bias. lol

The article only chronicles various studies done on corporal punishment and most of the studies cast corporal punishment in a bad light.Its not in the article's place to make emphatic claims as to the rightness or wrongness of corporal punishment.

However,to the extent that it shows that corporal punishment can lower cognitive development and increase aggression,I don't know what else you want.

Even the convenient part you just cited states:
Some experts believe nonabusive spanking can play a role in effective parental discipline of young children. According to Robert E. Larzelere, s[b]panking can have beneficial results when it is "nonabusive (e.g., two swats to the buttocks with an open hand[/b]) and used primarily to back up milder disciplinary tactics with 2- to 6-year-olds by loving parents"

"2 swats to the buttocks" delivered by loving parents when the child is between 2-6 years old is nowhere near what you are advocating.
Re: The Nigerian Teacher/Tutor And The Cane by Kobojunkie: 2:21am On Jul 28, 2008
4 Play:

The article only chronicles various studies done on corporal punishment and most of the studies cast corporal punishment in a bad light.Its not in the article's place to make emphatic claims as to the rightness or wrongness of corporal punishment.

However,to the extent that it shows that corporal punishment can lower cognitive development and increase aggression,I don't know what else you want.

Dude, it claims that it lowers cognitive development. How? In essence all kids who were not spanked as kids should have higher cognitive development? Is that a reasonable to believe? Look, I am saying exactly the same thing, if Kids who were never spanked have the same tendencies as kids who were spanked. How can you then state that spanking is the factor? Some of these experts are against it while others are for it, according to the same article. I am sorry but I do not see the link. I posted another article there from earlier this year that claimed "Spanking Raises Chances of Risky, Deviant Sexual Behavior", I am not sure all persons or majority of those who involve in these behaviours were necesarily spanked as kids. Why link it to spanking if there does not seem to be a direct link or an indirect one but more a theorized link?

4 Play:

Even the convenient part you just cited states:
"2 swats to the buttocks" delivered by loving parents when the child is between 2-6 years old is nowhere near what you are advocating.

What I am advocating? What am I advocating?
Re: The Nigerian Teacher/Tutor And The Cane by 4Play(m): 2:24am On Jul 28, 2008
Kobojunkie:

Here is a link to another unbelievable claim against spanking. My Question remains, how do they make these unbelievable connections when even persons who have never been spanked sometimes choose these same path.

http://health.usnews.com/usnews/health/healthday/080228/spanking-raises-chances-of-risky-deviant-sexual-behavior.htm

Unless you don't understand English,that an act is said to increase the likelihood of a particular outcome doesn't mean that the act produces that same outcome every single time nor could it mean that in its absence,the said outcome must necessarily be absent.

If I say that unprotected sex raises the chances of acquiring HIV,that doesn't mean that one can't contact HIV without engaging in unprotected sex.

Kobojunkie:

You can start by helping me understand/pointing out when and where I made such a statement?

You mean you have been debating all along without holding the belief that spanking is a net positive? Is it a net negative then? Where do you stand on the issue?
Re: The Nigerian Teacher/Tutor And The Cane by 4Play(m): 2:28am On Jul 28, 2008
Kobojunkie:

Dude, it claims that it lowers cognitive development. How? In essence all kids who were not spanked as kids should have higher cognitive development? Is that a reasonable to believe?

This is obviously a problem with grammar. Substitute spanking for unprotected sex and lower cognitive development for HIV. There are a lot of people who have unprotected sex without contacting HIV,does that mean that unprotected sex doesn't increase your chances of acquiring HIV?

Nobody said anything about all.
Re: The Nigerian Teacher/Tutor And The Cane by Kobojunkie: 2:55am On Jul 28, 2008
4 Play:

This is obviously a problem with grammar. Substitute spanking for unprotected sex and lower cognitive development for HIV. There are a lot of people who have unprotected sex without contacting HIV,does that mean that unprotected sex doesn't increase your chances of acquiring HIV?

Nobody said anything about all.

I don't think you can arbitrarily make such substitutions without some information to back it up.
In the case of contracting AIDS, there is proof to show that the HIV virus actually moves through fluid from one party to another and so telling people they have a higher risk of contracting the disease if they have unprotected sense is actually sensible. 

Any who, as one who has been spanked, and have friends who have experienced spanking, I can tell you that all that makes no sense as I have yet to meet violent persons who blame spanking or think spanking has anything to do with their being violent.

I have in fact met more violent people during my time as an intern in the Delaware juvenile system, who were never spanked as kids. I can categorically state that majority of the violent youths at the time in the system where from homes where the parents were too busy (or absent) to discipline or watch the kids.

I have no violent tendencies and I have nieces and nephews who have none of that. Generations of spanked kids, who are now adults and doing great as citizens in society, and not a single violent person or persons with the problems listed that can be linked to spanking. When I look at these researchers tell me this, I wonder how they arrived at these conclusions. I can tell you that majority of those I have tried to get answers from, already have some bias against spanking and so end up making me out an abuser in the end.
Re: The Nigerian Teacher/Tutor And The Cane by 4Play(m): 3:19am On Jul 28, 2008
Kobojunkie:

I don't think you can arbitrarily make such substitutions without some information to back it up.
In the case of contracting AIDS, there is proof to show that the HIV virus actually moves through fluid from one party to another and so telling people they have a higher risk of contracting the disease if they have unprotected sense is actually sensible.

Blimey!By drawing an analogy with HIV,I'm not asserting that spanking is the equivalent of unprotected sex but simply highlighting grammatical usage.

You seemed to think that a study that proclaims that spanking raises the likelihood of sexual deviancy was wrong because there were examples of spanked kids who turned out well.I refuted it earlier by pointing out:that an act is said to increase the likelihood of a particular outcome doesn't mean that the act produces that same outcome every single time nor could it mean that in its absence,the said outcome must necessarily be absent.

There are many studies that show the negative effects of corporal punishment.Simply pointing out that there are particular instances that counter these studies misses the point.

I have in fact met more violent people during my time as an intern in the Delaware juvenile system, who were never spanked as kids. I can categorically state that majority of the violent youths at the time in the system where from homes where the parents were too busy (or absent) to discipline or watch the kids.

Again,typical Naija anecdotal apple sauce.
Re: The Nigerian Teacher/Tutor And The Cane by Kobojunkie: 3:29am On Jul 28, 2008
4 Play:

Blimey!By drawing an analogy with HIV,I'm not asserting that spanking is the equivalent of unprotected sex but simply highlighting grammatical usage.

But I never in any way asserted that spanking is equivalent of unprotected sex in my response. I think I made it clear that the sort of connection you made there cannot be made in the cases stated in the article linking spanking with all the negatives on the list.

4 Play:

You seemed to think that a study that proclaims that spanking raises the likelihood of sexual deviancy was wrong because there were examples of spanked kids who turned out well.
No I don’t think that. I simply ask for more in-depth information on how this connection was made. Simple! This continues to be my only request. Don’t tell me there exists some theoretical connection, prove to me that it does not exist and the factor is spanking and nothing more.
4 Play:

I refuted it earlier by pointing out:that an act is said to increase the likelihood of a particular outcome doesn't mean that the act produces that same outcome every single time nor could it mean that in its absence,the said outcome must necessarily be absent.
It is quite clear at this point that you are easily convinced by these. I am not and so do not believe your so called refuting earlier is enough. I am sorry all I remember you doing is telling me what you have read from an article that has yet to convince me. I am not convinced; after reading the very same, I come away with the same questions I have had from the beginning. I guess I need more information and more facts to be convinced here. Sorry.
4 Play:

There are many studies that show the negative effects of corporal punishment. Simply pointing out that there are particular instances that counter these studies misses the point.
Again,typical Naija anecdotal apple sauce.
There are also many studies out that there that “show” the negative effects of religion on people. Do I then throw what I know to be fact away cause of what some studies state without demanding more proof be provided me?? Well… I will never do that so it is ok for you to believe it is bad but until you can show for a fact that there is a direct link, I will continue to stand where I do on the issue.
Re: The Nigerian Teacher/Tutor And The Cane by bjigun(m): 4:21am On Jul 28, 2008
@ Everyone
blah blah blah ,  Canning a child is jus freakin wrong at all point of views. All it does is put a child thru panic attacks & make them feel unsave, scared and have an extremely padlock fear in them. The only good thing I saw out of canning a child especially @ secondary skools was the show that we students put on wen teachers want to flock us , it a classic 9ja movie, featuring (Tha Chesters, Tha Please Sirs, Tha run around the assembly liners, Tha 3-4 shorts wearers, Tha Girl dat cud Cry a whole River Niger 4 a teacher, & last but not the least Tha well Proclaimed Best Flocker in da Skool < Tha most hated teacher, I sometimes wounder wer dey get der degree in flockin from>)
All I kno is dat flockin did not change me, it jus made me hate d NIGERIAN skoolin system, but I wouldn't say I didnt enjoy my secondary skool dayz, those wer d best periods of my Life, So many stories to tell  < Thats Y I plan on making a MOVIE bout the Nigerian skoolin system, not to mock it, but to show the GOOD, the BAD, the UGLY and the Adventures of Boarding House Life, lol

Please Canning shud be stopped, we are not slaves, children & Students are not slaves, and there are lots of Child abuse going on in 9ja right now, this needs to b STOPPED
Re: The Nigerian Teacher/Tutor And The Cane by sage(m): 8:54am On Jul 28, 2008
wetin all the canning in Africa don do 4 Africa?

Somebody actually has the audacity to ask if we want Africa to be like Europe and U.S

My answer is

HELL YEAH

We are fooling ourselves by thinking we are more disciplined than people than people from other continents

Every other continent works except the African one
Re: The Nigerian Teacher/Tutor And The Cane by Akan(m): 10:59am On Jul 28, 2008
@ topic

caning is good. . but only when deserved. i would rather the cane than have students sit around in the class after school in the name of punishment what BS.

This is another attempt by these so called do gooders/social workers trying to permeate the african way of life by western ideologies. Nonsense!! abeg they used to call me 'unshakable' when receiving the cane  grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

ASUU Asks FG To Secure UNIJOS Against Killings / Udenta O. Udenta: I Am Back From Literary Hibernation With 21 Books / Info About Unizik Admissions 2013/2014

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 127
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.