Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,441 members, 7,816,002 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:17 PM

Does South Africa Have The Best Anthem? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Does South Africa Have The Best Anthem? (885 Views)

See What Amaechi Did While The National Anthem Was Being Recited... / Xenophobia: Nigeria And South Africa Have Now A Bad Record / Should Africa Have Nuclear Weapons? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does South Africa Have The Best Anthem? by Nobody: 5:07pm On Dec 06, 2013
The only way I can show some solidarity with my South African brothers over Madiba's death today was just play their anthem. Then I checked out the meaning and the words only to realise it was written in five languages and the tune is just fantastic. I actually think they have the best anthem I have ever listened to.

I am also a big fan of the American and German anthems, but I think SA's is just too much.
Re: Does South Africa Have The Best Anthem? by Nobody: 7:36pm On Dec 06, 2013
i like isareal and Kenya better

Russia too
Re: Does South Africa Have The Best Anthem? by pickabeau1: 7:38pm On Dec 07, 2013
In Africa
Maybe

Germany
Uruguay
Argentina

Also nice
Re: Does South Africa Have The Best Anthem? by sucess001(m): 3:56pm On Nov 05, 2014
Nashville:
The only way I can show some solidarity with my South African brothers over Madiba's death today was just play their anthem. Then I checked out the meaning and the words only to realise it was written in five languages and the tune is just fantastic. I actually think they have the best anthem I have ever listened to.

I am also a big fan of the American and German anthems, but I think SA's is just too much.

i agree with you
Re: Does South Africa Have The Best Anthem? by mensdept: 4:00pm On Nov 05, 2014
Their anthem is great because they use native tongues unlike most African nations that go to world cup to sing in european tongues without shame. No wonder they don't reach knock-out stages

(1) (Reply)

Full Text Of President Obama's Wonderful Speech At Mandela's Burial / IMO State Gov't Seals Premises Of 8 Banks Over 'non Remittance Of Tax' / The Questions Obasanjo Must Answer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.