Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,374 members, 7,815,789 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:27 PM

Tomorrow Starts Today! A Youth Political Part? Your Views? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tomorrow Starts Today! A Youth Political Part? Your Views? (2644 Views)

See What Military Men Did To A Youth Leader In Jos- Photo / Lets Form A Youth Political Party That Will Be The Main Opposition In Nigeria / Possibility Of A Youth Political Party In Preparation For 2015? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tomorrow Starts Today! A Youth Political Part? Your Views? by Yinkaolu(m): 10:28am On Dec 13, 2013
Excerpt from:
Obasanjo's "Satanic" Letter
Punch Newspaper December 13.

"A few months ago, rather than participating in activities marking Democracy Day (May 29) that he and his military collaborators
foisted on us, Obasanjo was in Jigawa State as guest of Governor Sule Lamido. He literally made a case for Lamido as the next
president of Nigeria, the same Lamido whose two sons have been accused by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission
of laundering billions of Jigawa State funds through companies allegedly owned by the governor.
That is the problem with Nigeria: the Feeling of entitlement which the likes of Obasanjo and Ibrahim Babangida survive on. Obasanjo should realise that his “ethnic
balancing” theory is not the solution to “strengthening the unity and stability of Nigeria.”
In the postscript to his letter, Obasanjo referenced Generals Ibrahim Babangida and Abdulsalami Abubakar as those “who on a number of occasions in recent times, have shared with me their agonising thoughts, concerns and expressions on most of the issues I have raised in this letter concerning the situation and future of our country.” This
simply, and amply too, shows that Nigeria and we (the 99 per cent who ought to decide the future of the country) are in a big trouble. It’s like asking cats to help
improve the conditions of rats.

If we refuse to stand up to the task the seeminglu unproductive self proclaimed MESSIAHS will keep on popping up.
Nigerian Youths .... Stand up!

1 Like

Re: Tomorrow Starts Today! A Youth Political Part? Your Views? by Yinkaolu(m): 10:38am On Dec 13, 2013
"Suddenly, President Jonathan has become the alibi of a ruling class fearful of its imminent implosion. Earlier in the week, the Speaker of the House of Representatives, Aminu Tambuwal, who superintends over a house that reeks of corruption accused President Jonathan of paying lip service to the fight against corruption.
Many Nigerians know the problems of the country, and if the likes of Obasanjo and Babangida (the OLD WARLORDS) will allow, perhaps they can seriously begin the long and arduous task of fixing the mess created by these rulers.
Obasanjo (and his cohorts/ overused leaders) has outlived his usefulness, if ever anyone found him useful. Now that he has confirmed that the man he imposed on the country is not fit to rule, we shouldn’t grant him the opportunity to decide the person to replace him. It is time we the people rose in unison to decide that.
Let no one be in doubt where I stand on the PDP, the Jonathan administration and our so-called democracy: To reecho Karl Maiaer, “This house has fallen.” There is no amount of letter writing or patchwork that can fix it.
Obasanjo should know that the train has left the station; that the problem he and his cohorts caused can’t be solved by letter
writing but by a complete restructuring of the country.
Obasanjo, Babangida and company have lost all moral right to dictate how to define the new Nigeria we envisage."

Arise, O compatriots!

1 Like

Re: Tomorrow Starts Today! A Youth Political Part? Your Views? by Yinkaolu(m): 4:38pm On Dec 15, 2013
The Governor of Rivers State, Rotimi Amaechi, on Saturday said political office holders steal state funds because Nigerians do not stone them.

Amaechi, who said this in Lagos at an event organised to pay tribute to Nelson Mandela, challenged Nigerians to hold their leaders
accountable.

He said, “If you see a thief and you allow him to be stealing, what have you done? You have stoned nobody; that is why we are stealing. Who have you stoned? They came out and started dancing oil subsidy, oil subsidy. They told you that they stole
N2.3trn, what did you do?

“Instead you are protesting ‘bring more oil subsidy’; the oil subsidy that is not reaching the poor. A few individuals are going away
with the money and you have done nothing. You are mourning Madiba, who lived up to 95, and he was very angry with Nigeria when he died.

“You’ve heard that $50bn is missing and you have done nothing about it. In some
countries people will go on the street until they return that money. It is N8trn, it can
change Nigeria.

“Me I want to steal only $1bn, let them bring it. You read Obasanjo’s letter and you are asking why is he writing the letter, is he a
South-South man? In fact, when he was there what did he do?

You, what have you done? If you don’t take your destiny in your
hands, we will go and other leaders will come and continue stealing.”

Where are the DAUDAs and DAVIDs of this generation?
Re: Tomorrow Starts Today! A Youth Political Part? Your Views? by Yinkaolu(m): 4:54pm On Dec 15, 2013
The Governor of Rivers State, Rotimi Amaechi, on Saturday said political office holders steal state funds because Nigerians do not stone them.

Amaechi, who said this in Lagos at an event organised to pay tribute to Nelson Mandela, challenged Nigerians to hold their leaders
accountable.
He said, “If you see a thief and you allow him to be stealing, what have you done? You have stoned nobody; that is why we are stealing. Who have you stoned? They came out and started dancing oil subsidy, oil subsidy. They told you that they stole
N2.3trn, what did you do?
“Instead you are protesting ‘bring more oil subsidy’; the oil subsidy that is not reaching the poor. A few individuals are going away
with the money and you have done nothing. You are mourning Madiba, who lived up to 95, and he was very angry with Nigeria when he died.

“You’ve heard that $50bn is missing and you have done nothing about it. In some
countries people will go on the street until they return that money. It is N8trn, it can
change Nigeria.

“Me I want to steal only $1bn, let them bring it. You read Obasanjo’s letter and you are asking why is he writing the letter, is he a
South-South man? In fact, when he was there what did he do?

You, what have you done? If you don’t take your destiny in your
hands, we will go and other leaders will come and continue stealing.”

Where are the DAUDAs and DAVIDs of this generation?

Re: Tomorrow Starts Today! A Youth Political Part? Your Views? by OsunOriginal: 6:54pm On Dec 15, 2013
Will that include the morally bankrupt Igbo youths?
Re: Tomorrow Starts Today! A Youth Political Part? Your Views? by Yinkaolu(m): 7:36pm On Dec 15, 2013
OsunOriginal: Will that include the morally bankrupt Igbo youths?

@OsunOriginal: Kai! Were you not Nigerian first before you can identify a tribe? I said it earlier that the party will not have any religious, tribal and educational sentiment. I want you to know that no tribe in Nigeria is bankrupt in any wise. Please, all this ethnic sentiment will further divide us. We need to tackle the present decadence and unpalatable situations as NIGERIANS and not just a tribe. FYI, the impacts of great Ibos in Nigeria's independence, growth and development is massive. Please, you need to change this mentality that one tribe is better than the other. All members of the major tribes have ruled and still no major difference.
Tribalism will just further break us. Thank you
Re: Tomorrow Starts Today! A Youth Political Part? Your Views? by enm(m): 10:33pm On Dec 15, 2013
@op, pm me am interested
Re: Tomorrow Starts Today! A Youth Political Part? Your Views? by Alexbond(m): 10:45pm On Dec 15, 2013
NOTE: no thuggery nor vandalism
Re: Tomorrow Starts Today! A Youth Political Part? Your Views? by kel4soft: 11:15pm On Dec 15, 2013
Am in.
jajasowari@yahoo.com
Re: Tomorrow Starts Today! A Youth Political Part? Your Views? by Nobody: 11:34pm On Dec 15, 2013
kel4soft: Am in.
jajasowari@yahoo.com
me too bro. Are you on bbm?
Re: Tomorrow Starts Today! A Youth Political Part? Your Views? by Joel3(m): 6:40am On Dec 16, 2013
why not open a twitter handle on this. so you count followers
Re: Tomorrow Starts Today! A Youth Political Part? Your Views? by Yinkaolu(m): 6:38pm On Dec 16, 2013
Joel.:
why not open a twitter handle on this. so you count followers

Follow this thread on @NigeriaYouthNet (NigeriaYouthNetwork). I just opened it and I think we can work out our plans of a better Nigeria through this handle. I hope the name is okay?
Thanks
Re: Tomorrow Starts Today! A Youth Political Part? Your Views? by tosan200(m): 8:10pm On Dec 16, 2013
The youths of this nation have been tainted. They need massive reorientation.
Re: Tomorrow Starts Today! A Youth Political Part? Your Views? by rafindo(m): 9:12pm On Dec 16, 2013
I should start by first acknowledging the spirit of change been exhibited here so far.the greatest obstacle facing political parties is usually lack of deep rooted ideaology minced with feasible manifestoes.for this dream to be successful political engineering must be paramount in this discus.has a left center,moderate conservative to form an association with a liberal mind is a catastrophe in waiting.
Re: Tomorrow Starts Today! A Youth Political Part? Your Views? by Yinkaolu(m): 5:56pm On Dec 17, 2013
Alexbond: nice ideal op:am 100% in cos i c dis as a struggle we must start now. NOTE: no thuggery nor vandalism contact: seunalex4@gmail.com

No vandalism nor thuggery. We are looking forward to a Network of inspired youth for change. Improving Nigeria starts now
Re: Tomorrow Starts Today! A Youth Political Part? Your Views? by Yinkaolu(m): 5:58pm On Dec 17, 2013
barcanista: me too bro. Are you on bbm?

Follow this thread and also our twitter handle @NigeriaYouthNet
This is to create awareness and see the youth's take on this. Thanks
Re: Tomorrow Starts Today! A Youth Political Part? Your Views? by Yinkaolu(m): 6:03pm On Dec 17, 2013
tosan200: The youths of this nation have been tainted. They need massive reorientation.

We are not just tainted but taunted, threatened and made valueless. Imagine one of the administrators saying Nigeria graduates (youths) are unemployable and a 78 year old man (Tukur) saying the presidency cannot do without him. Where are we heading with the leaders that are heading for the grave already because of old age? Reorientation Nigerian youths sure needs. It starts with YOU and ME!
Re: Tomorrow Starts Today! A Youth Political Part? Your Views? by Yinkaolu(m): 7:25pm On Dec 18, 2013
The wall is falling gradually.
1. PDP Governors against their National Chairman
2. Now, an 11 page response to the 18 page letter to Obasanjo by his own daughter!
Excerpt:
"You and your cronies mentioned in your letter have left the country worse than you met it at your births in the 1930’s and 1940’s. Nigeria is not the creation of any of you, and although you feel you own it and are “Mr Nigeria” deciding whether the country stays together or not, and who
rules it; you don’t. Nigeria is solely the creation of the British. My dear gone Grandmother whose burial you told people not to attend was not born a Nigerian but a proud Ijebu-Yoruba woman. Togetherness is a choice and it must serve a purpose."

The time is now, when their walls will fall of their own accord! Nigeria Youth, Arise!
Re: Tomorrow Starts Today! A Youth Political Part? Your Views? by Yinkaolu(m): 1:04pm On Dec 19, 2013
NBS and Fed. Ministry of Youth Development: 54percent of Nigerian Youth are unemployed.

For real this statistics is totally false! Haba. With the thousands applying for even demeaning jobs all around.

The fact remains that the Nigerian youth is not in the government's agenda at all. How can this statistics be true? If 46% are employed it would have been a different story entirely. How will the youth be employed when the 70 year old will not resign? How will there be job when there is unrest and all the administrators are concerned about is the next election? How will there be employment when we allow foreign investors (Indians and Chinese) to see slaves in our graduates? How will there be employment when companies use 6 months or more recruitment process on just N25,000 salary jobs for a BSc/HND holder?

Abati and others would have written a rejoinder if it were to be a statistics of corruption on their Oga at the top! I think as youth we need to stand up for ourselves. A nation where administrators must be at least 55 and above 80 will leave the youth useless.

Way forward: Nigeria Youth Network is a new movement aimed at Youth leadership and administration soon from now.

Follow on twitter
@NigeriaYouthNet
Re: Tomorrow Starts Today! A Youth Political Part? Your Views? by Yinkaolu(m): 3:08pm On Dec 20, 2013
edunwosu: Nigeria Youth Network is better name,still waiting for your first meeting.
Good Governance Nigeria is ever ready to partner with this laudable project.
Mr Yinka i commend you on this.

Chinedu Nwosu
Executive Director
Good Governance Nigeria
www.goodgovernancenigeria.org
Info@goodgovernancenigeria.org

Thanks Sir. Nigeria Youth Network is the name and the reason why any meeting is not yet discussed is because The Youth are not as encouraged to be part of this. I think we the youth still need to wait another 50 years before we become the leaders. Mr. Nwosu, thanks for the encouragement. We will talk
Re: Tomorrow Starts Today! A Youth Political Part? Your Views? by DerideGull(m): 3:22pm On Dec 20, 2013
@OP

Only a fool does not know that yesterday may define today and possibly chats tomorrow. Anybody that fails to get his/her acts together in yesteryear must encounter near to insurmountable obstacles in future.
Re: Tomorrow Starts Today! A Youth Political Part? Your Views? by Yinkaolu(m): 2:04pm On Dec 22, 2013
DerideGull: @OP

Only a fool does not know that yesterday may define today and possibly chats tomorrow. Anybody that fails to get his/her acts together in yesteryear must encounter near to insurmountable obstacles in future.

DerideGull: You have spoken well and also made it known that we as youths in Nigeria either are failing to put our acts together or that the old are taking us for fools that are only useful as political thugs during and after election. This forum NigeriaYouthNetwork proposes a youth political party devoid of ethnic, religious and academic sentiment and I think you will be a needed part as to further the course of the change we all desire
Follow us on @NigeriaYouthNet on Twitter and also this thread. Thanks
Re: Tomorrow Starts Today! A Youth Political Part? Your Views? by Yinkaolu(m): 2:10pm On Dec 22, 2013
NDE counsels graduates DECEMBER 22, 2013 BY SEGUN OLATUNJI PUNCH NEWSPAPER
Director-General, NDE, Mallam Abubakar Mohammed

The National Directorate of Employment says it has trained 50 unemployed persons in Ogun State in different fields of modern agricultural practices. The NDE also said that it has recruited 300 other youths for training in various trades in the state. NDE Director-General, Mr. Abubakar Mohammed, said this while speaking at the graduation ceremony of some farmers at the demonstration farm site in Odomefi, Ijebu East Local Government Area of the state. Mohammed, advised the graduate farmers to always take into consideration their immediate environment by producing crops with comparative advantage. This, he said, would guarantee profit. A statement by the NDE Information Officer, Olawale Balogun, said the scheme brought together about 17 females and 33 males drawn from the 20 local government areas of the state. The statement added that the beneficiaries were given three months intensive training in cassava production, catfish/fingerlings, sheep and goat breeding, snailery, agro- services and farm mechanism. Other areas included food processing/preservation, packaging as well as enterprise management and business plan writing. The NDE boss also allayed the fears of the beneficiaries regarding the safety of their investments, assuring them of the support of the Nigeria Agricultural Insurance Corporation. He advised the beneficiaries to form cooperative groups to enable them to access funds from relevant agencies. He stressed that the training of youths and the unemployed was part of the Federal Government’s efforts towards reducing unemployment through skills acquisition and empowerment. The NDE boss also disclosed that 1,850 persons had earlier benefitted in the scheme when it took off in the state.

N.B: As much as NDE's gesture is commendable, I think the approach is rather watery. Just 50 out of the thousands in Ogun state? If they keep on doing fifty in 20 LGAs in Ogun in a whole year, when will there be a visible change for better for the Nigeria graduates that are mostly youth?
Re: Tomorrow Starts Today! A Youth Political Part? Your Views? by Oshodia: 4:40pm On Dec 22, 2013
With u all
Re: Tomorrow Starts Today! A Youth Political Part? Your Views? by Studentsvoice: 5:14pm On Dec 22, 2013
Comr. Chibuzor Ononogbo,former cordinator of P.D.P Students Forum,Ex-Director of Special duties( National Association of South East Students)and Present Student Leader Of National Association of Imo State students
Contact me, 08133209715,BBM 229EE496....am in for this Youth Rescue mission
Re: Tomorrow Starts Today! A Youth Political Part? Your Views? by enm(m): 8:33pm On Dec 22, 2013
Op, some of your comment are making me to have a rethink cus am getting confused.

This movement is to fight the jonathan led federal government or to fight against anything that that is bedevilling us as nation.

Am not saying jonathan is a saint oh but to me harping on the federal government and pdp is sending a wrong message. We have three tiers of government each with his own responsibility and it won't be wrong to agree with me that this other tiers of government which are the state and local government should also be hold accountable in respective of political party or region.

Na my 2cent I contribute so .

1 Like

Re: Tomorrow Starts Today! A Youth Political Part? Your Views? by kushy(m): 10:35pm On Dec 22, 2013
good iniatives olayinka. Am very much interested, my name is KUSIMO OLAYINKA, Am frm Abeokuta Ogun state. my phone no is 08038631428 and my email is khushymoh@gmail.com. let make it a reality, ONE LOVE
Re: Tomorrow Starts Today! A Youth Political Part? Your Views? by Oshodia: 8:35am On Dec 23, 2013
Tomcy Etoo,
My number +27732126983
South Africa ,Johannesburg.
Please we not want any tribal mentality and we should cooperate as one nation to avoid any discourage in other to achieve this airm .
Thank you my comrade
Re: Tomorrow Starts Today! A Youth Political Part? Your Views? by Oshodia: 8:46am On Dec 23, 2013
Dear my comrade you should be optimistic in this and assuring you is just a matter o little time we lift the lag , believe me is not hard job only communicate and information by removing selfishness and tribe.

This big for nothing like babangida,atiku,abusalahim,rochas,obasango more of them all as presidents ad governors they win vote with he youth,so. Meanwhile youth be careful they might come with bribe but we will defeat them in the name of almighty.

Thank you all
Re: Tomorrow Starts Today! A Youth Political Part? Your Views? by Oshodia: 9:11am On Dec 23, 2013
All support, but if we can't make it possible this election . I I advise we vote for Jonathan to hold the power tell the next election, why am saying this watch apc and see people make the party and if they with our plan might full because even if we with the election they will rig it and refuse the hand over to youth in other to save their position in nigeria
Re: Tomorrow Starts Today! A Youth Political Part? Your Views? by Yinkaolu(m): 10:02pm On Dec 23, 2013
enm: Op, some of your comment are making me to have a rethink cus am getting confused.

This movement is to fight the jonathan led federal government or to fight against anything that that is bedevilling us as nation.

Am not saying jonathan is a saint oh but to me harping on the federal government and pdp is sending a wrong message. We have three tiers of government each with his own responsibility and it won't be wrong to agree with me that this other tiers of government which are the state and local government should also be hold accountable in respective of political party or region.

Na my 2cent I contribute so .

@Sir Enm: this is definitely more than 2 cents! But Sir, all my comments are not against any political party nor aimed at exonerating any. As a matter of fact, all the posts and comments were aimed at encouraging/informing the Nigerian youth for which this Network is aimed at. I have nothing against Jonathan/PDP/APc/APGA but the system that relegates the youth to the background leaving us all valueless in administration and leadership. Sir, my heart bleeds each time I turn to the news and all I see is the Old and Overused powers/people that be in Nigeria still clamoring for unwarranted recognition and relevance. Let's not be confused, with all hands on deck, we shall make it possible! All I yearrn and we all yearn is the best Ngeria now and for posterity. Thanks, Nigeria needs U!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

SHAMEFUL: Ambode Asking All APC Delegates To Make An Oath. / WHAT The Nigerian Constitution Says About Declaring A Winner After An Election / Jammeh: The Deal Nigeria’s Jonathan Could Have Signed Before Conceding Defeat!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.