Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,348 members, 7,819,241 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:12 PM

U.S. Firm Stakes $130m On Edo’s Power Project - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / U.S. Firm Stakes $130m On Edo’s Power Project (707 Views)

Social Media Reactions To Aisha Buhari Statement On Edo Prostitutes / How We Determined The Autheticity Of Leaked Tape On Ekiti Election- U.S FIRM / Touts On Edo Highways (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

U.S. Firm Stakes $130m On Edo’s Power Project by Nobody: 2:05am On Dec 07, 2013
American Capital Energy and Infrastructure (ACEI) has expressed commitment to invest $130 million in Azura Power Holdings Limited, the company responsible for developing the Azura-Edo power project in Edo State.

The company said in a media statement that with a goal of becoming the leading power development company in West Africa, Azura will utilize ACEI’s investment to fund the first and second phases of the Azura-Edo power project, pursue its greenfield development pipeline and future acquisitions, expand its team, and grow its construction and operational capabilities.

It stated: “The Azura-Edo power project is a proposed 450MW open cycle gas turbine power station being developed near Benin City in Edo State and represents the first phase of a 1,000MW power plant facility. Azura and the Nigerian Bulk Electricity Trading Plc signed a groundbreaking power purchase agreement on April 22, 2013, which is being used as a template for other project-financed independent power producers in the country.

“The transaction has been showcased by President Goodluck Jonathan as critical to the Nigerian power sector reform process. The first phase of the plant, which is targeted to reach financial close in early 2014 and come on stream in 2016/2017, is forecast to create over 1,000 jobs during its construction and operation. The project is expected to have a positive impact on the industrial and social wellbeing of the area, leading to further economic development and job creation”.

The Chief Executive Officer and co-founder of ACEI, Paul Hanrahan, stated: “We are extremely pleased to announce our investment in Azura, a good example of the type of investment in high growth platforms in the energy infrastructure space that we are targeting. Our investment is in recognition of the significant progress made by the Azura co-founders on the first phase of the Azura-Edo power project, the growth opportunities in the Nigerian and West African markets, and our confidence in the Federal Government of Nigeria’s power sector reform program.

“In line with our Power Africa efforts, ACEI is investing in the leading independent power producer platform in this key African market,” said Lisa Pinsley, ACEI Director of Africa Investments.

“Nigeria is the most populous country in Africa with one of the highest growth rates in the world. With a current population of over 170 million, the seventh largest in the world, Nigeria’s expanding economy suffers from a lack of power infrastructure. The United Nations estimates that Nigeria’s population will reach 230 million within the next 20 years, and the total grid-based power generation capacity must rise tenfold to 40,000MW to meet the demand. Azura is, and will continue to be, a key driver in this growth in capacity.”
http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/index.php/business/business-news/140283-u-s-firm-stakes-130m-on-edo-s-power-project
Re: U.S. Firm Stakes $130m On Edo’s Power Project by lagosph: 3:40am On Dec 07, 2013
More fresh air, and mods, front page pls
Re: U.S. Firm Stakes $130m On Edo’s Power Project by SLIDEwaxie(m): 3:59am On Dec 07, 2013
These APC govnrs have been cursed to attract the needful...

i hope he won't wake up one day and ban car importation....or raise the import duty by 60% without providing the enabling environment for it.

1. No staedy light
2. No cash circulation
3. Corruption galore
4. Risen poverty index
5. Increment in minimum wage and reduction in state allocation!

Average man dey manage buy fairly used cars, one mumu wan start producing new ones.

Everybody dey do politics?

Even for yonder, fairly used cars dey available at lower prices. Won't there be a balance?

i tire mehn!!!
Re: U.S. Firm Stakes $130m On Edo’s Power Project by felixtare(m): 4:43am On Dec 07, 2013
[quote author=SLIDE waxie]These APC govnrs have been cursed to attract the needful...

i hope he won't wake up one day and ban car importation....or raise the import duty by 60% without providing the enabling environment for it.

1. No staedy light
2. No cash circulation
3. Corruption galore
4. Risen poverty index
5. Increment in minimum wage and reduction in state allocation!

Average man dey manage buy fairly used cars, one mumu wan start producing new ones.

Everybody dey do politics?

Even for yonder, fairly used cars dey available at lower prices. Won't there be a balance?

i tire mehn!!![/quote

never tire ooo because very soon ur hatred go finish u.free mtn mb go make u dey post rubbish
Re: U.S. Firm Stakes $130m On Edo’s Power Project by SLIDEwaxie(m): 5:11am On Dec 07, 2013
^^^
Young man, do i knw u?

And besides, u can't just cut me a cloth in ur size, ok?

And i fuckin dnt tickle the way u do...

If u av intelligence,and u can relate this to class and levels u will will understand where i'm going to... undecided undecided
Re: U.S. Firm Stakes $130m On Edo’s Power Project by Amya(f): 7:30am On Dec 07, 2013
Enough about who's investing on power. We've been hearing that story since the beginning of time.

Nigerians want to stop hearing and start seeing.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Good news for House of Rep principal officers / Custom Auctions / Nigeria Ranks Bottom 10 in The World In Almost everything: To Act Or give-up?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.