Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,563 members, 7,820,034 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:44 AM

I Have 2 Jobs Which Do I Choose - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I Have 2 Jobs Which Do I Choose (2437 Views)

Medical Internship Jobs: Which Hospitals Are Currently On? / I Owe This To God.2 Jobs Last Week After 3 Years / Accessbank Vs Ecobank, Pla Advise Me On This I Got The 2 Jobs Pay Almost The Sa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Have 2 Jobs Which Do I Choose by 377: 5:30am On Dec 07, 2013
Please i am confused now.i once got a job with a federal government agency in bayelsa i was given level/conraiss 9 so they said we should be prepairing to come down soon.but as i was waiting for this i got a job in a private company in abuja just last month and my salary is nt up to 70k and i dnt no hw much the conraiss 9 salary is.please should i resign nd go for the govt job and who no the salary range for conraiss 9.tks pls reply soon.
Re: I Have 2 Jobs Which Do I Choose by Matri10(m): 5:40am On Dec 07, 2013
D luv of money is d root of all evil. grin grin grin grin
Re: I Have 2 Jobs Which Do I Choose by Raxxye(m): 6:03am On Dec 07, 2013
What kind of cheap question is this? U no wise? Stay with the Federal job,my friend!
Re: I Have 2 Jobs Which Do I Choose by ammyluv2002(f): 7:19am On Dec 07, 2013
377: Please i am confused now.i once got a job with a federal government agency in bayelsa i was given level/conraiss 9 so they said we should be prepairing to come down soon.but as i was waiting for this i got a job in a private company in abuja just last month and my salary is nt up to 70k and i dnt no hw much the conraiss 9 salary is.please should i resign nd go for the govt job and who no the salary range for conraiss 9.tks pls reply soon.
From my experience, I would advise you prayerfully choose the right job for yourself

All the best
Re: I Have 2 Jobs Which Do I Choose by Gamji007: 7:29am On Dec 07, 2013
377: Please i am confused now.i once got a job with a federal government agency in bayelsa i was given level/conraiss 9 so they said we should be prepairing to come down soon.but as i was waiting for this i got a job in a private company in abuja just last month and my salary is nt up to 70k and i dnt no hw much the conraiss 9 salary is.please should i resign nd go for the govt job and who no the salary range for conraiss 9.tks pls reply soon.

Federal govt give u job without indicating your salary? Which kind ojoro job offer be that?

Anyway, I'd rather take a federal govt job that pays 35K than a private job that pays 70k.

2 Likes

Re: I Have 2 Jobs Which Do I Choose by 377: 7:50am On Dec 07, 2013
The appointment letter that was given to me,they did not indicate the salary but the position is senior accountant.i dnt no if any one has an idea of Conraiss 9.it is one of the federal govt agency.
Re: I Have 2 Jobs Which Do I Choose by Distingue: 8:13am On Dec 07, 2013
Please go with FG job, not minding the pay at initial stage. @Gamji ; its possible for FG to issue letter without pay structure in it.
Re: I Have 2 Jobs Which Do I Choose by abubaka101: 9:28am On Dec 07, 2013
Matri10: D luv of money is d root of all evil. grin grin grin grin
And d lack of money is the root all evil... it works but ways...
Re: I Have 2 Jobs Which Do I Choose by Coldfaya(m): 12:47pm On Dec 07, 2013
377: The appointment letter that was given to me,they did not indicate the salary but the position is senior accountant.i dnt no if any one has an idea of Conraiss 9.it is one of the federal govt agency.

See dis man ooo. D word 'senior accountant' alone should make u run and hug d govt job. Hehehe. Dats on a lighter note tho as position may not equate heavy pay.

I'm thinking ur major concern is how u would leave abuja for bayelsa.

Like someone said, think it thru b4 u choose. As 4 me I know d one I'll pick anyday anytime. Gud luck
Re: I Have 2 Jobs Which Do I Choose by Raxxye(m): 12:54pm On Dec 07, 2013
Gamji007:

Federal govt give u job without indicating your salary? Which kind ojoro job offer be that?

Anyway, I'd rather take a federal govt job that pays 35K than a private job that pays 70k.

The Contiss 9 is the salary grade level. Some govt jobs do not indicate the salary(in naira) in the letter, but the grade level tells you that. All he needs is ask others in same level how much they earn or better still wait till he gets his first pay.
@ OP Even if you are being paid N20,000 naira in a Federal job in Bayelsa (which I suppose is your hometown), it is a lot better than a N70,000 private job in Abuja where cost of living hits the roof! But then I do know that your pay at level 9 will be in the neighbourhood of a hundred thousand naira. Stick with Federal job, whatever the case!
Re: I Have 2 Jobs Which Do I Choose by BE811APP: 1:02pm On Dec 07, 2013
Gamji007:

U have said it all...
FG jobs are better and dey wunt sack u like a private firm...
FG is Pensionable... Dat private firm will not put u on Pension..
And Level 9 is good... It means u have masters.. If it is a Ministry ur salary shuld be btwn 70-80k if its a Parastatal it shuld be btwn 115-250k depending if d org u r in generate income for the FG...

Go with the d FG Job...
Re: I Have 2 Jobs Which Do I Choose by 377: 8:59am On Dec 09, 2013
Thank you all for your respoonse,i think i will go for the govt job.but it is not a revenue generating agency it is under federal ministry of science and technology.Please if anyone no the actual salary i was told it is above 100,000 but is there any allowance attached to it.
Re: I Have 2 Jobs Which Do I Choose by 377: 8:59am On Dec 09, 2013
Thank you all for your response,i think i will go for the govt job.but it is not a revenue generating agency it is under federal ministry of science and technology.Please if anyone no the actual salary i was told it is above 100,000 but is there any allowance attached to it.
Re: I Have 2 Jobs Which Do I Choose by Femsyn(m): 12:50pm On Dec 09, 2013
377, Under good authority i'm telling you this.
CONRAISS(Consolidated Research and Allied Institutions Salary Structure) 9: Now depending on your step, Your salary range is between 1,449,363 and 2,109,627 per annum. Where the first figure is for Level 9 step 01 and the second figure, Level 9 step 15.

I don't think you need a soothsayer to choose for you now. Every index points to the obvious choice.

NB: The above figures is consolidated, hence comprises of CONTISS, Rent Subsidy and the 53.3% pay increase. Allowances are all inclusive.
Re: I Have 2 Jobs Which Do I Choose by funmi4(f): 1:25pm On Dec 09, 2013
Just make sure d recruitment is real bcs "senior" is used 4 level 10. N 9 should be account officer I I think

Be sure before u port

All d best
Re: I Have 2 Jobs Which Do I Choose by dustydee: 1:45pm On Dec 09, 2013
BE811APP:

U have said it all...
FG jobs are better and dey wunt sack u like a private firm...
FG is Pensionable... Dat private firm will not put u on Pension..
And Level 9 is good... It means u have masters.. If it is a Ministry ur salary shuld be btwn 70-80k if its a Parastatal it shuld be btwn 115-250k depending if d org u r in generate income for the FG...

Go with the d FG Job...
Please what do you mean by the bolded?
That information is false.
Re: I Have 2 Jobs Which Do I Choose by mkoabiola: 7:21pm On Dec 10, 2013
Job na connection ooo,even without vacancy advert.
Bayelsa connection.
Wish u all d best.

(1) (Reply)

Honeywell Recruitment Alert / British American Tobacco Nigeria Global Graduate Recruitment 2018 (operations) / Federal Ministry Of Education Bilateral Education Agreement (BEA) Scholarship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.