Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,419 members, 7,815,944 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:43 PM

A city in Nigeria where There Is 24/7 Elelctricity Supply! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A city in Nigeria where There Is 24/7 Elelctricity Supply! (4405 Views)

Hurray! Anambra State Is 24 Years Today. / Aba: A City In Ruins / Onitsha Is Becoming A City Of Trade,Commerce & Industries? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A city in Nigeria where There Is 24/7 Elelctricity Supply! by wesley80(m): 4:33pm On Dec 08, 2013
otokx:

do you pay bills? if so how?
I havent been home since the connection and cant say I know the current arrangement but I doubt they'll be paying anything to anyone. Prior to the connection Agip provided, serviced and fuelled a diesel generator that powered the whole town and they had to provide about 20,000 litres or so of diesel at no cost to the residents so I'm assuming this connection even with the set - up cost would in the long run save them quite a bunch. The town still isnt connected to the national grid and I cant think of Agip subjecting villagers to paying bills.
Re: A city in Nigeria where There Is 24/7 Elelctricity Supply! by rozayx5(m): 6:37pm On Dec 08, 2013
Ikot Abasi in Akwa ibom have light 24/7
from the ibom power plant
Re: A city in Nigeria where There Is 24/7 Elelctricity Supply! by basilo101: 6:41pm On Dec 08, 2013
Alishachris: States Generate electricity ni? Imagine TA orji generating electricity for Abia state. angry
aba may be d 1st naija city 2 enjoy 24/7 power. Geometric (Barth Nnaji) is abt completing d aba power plant. Nestoil (Ernest Azidalu) is also building one in anambra, Indigeneous entrepreneurs noni. Development is nt only abt govnors
Re: A city in Nigeria where There Is 24/7 Elelctricity Supply! by Raxxye(m): 8:04pm On Dec 08, 2013
rozayx5: Ikot Abasi in Akwa ibom have light 24/7
from the ibom power plant

Are you sure of what you are saying? Do you live there? I had my junior secondary education in that town (some two decades ago). When did the uninterrupted power supply begin?
Re: A city in Nigeria where There Is 24/7 Elelctricity Supply! by otokx(m): 8:13pm On Dec 08, 2013
Raxxye:

Are you sure of what you are saying? Do you live there? I had my junior secondary education in that town (some two decades ago). When did the uninterrupted power supply begin?

Propagandists/liars have flooded nairaland.
Re: A city in Nigeria where There Is 24/7 Elelctricity Supply! by wesley80(m): 8:48pm On Dec 08, 2013
otokx:

Lie over what? You mean you find the words of someone that lived in a place 2 decades ago more believable? I see the extent to which the darkness in that Aluu conclave you live has turned you to a pessimist.
Re: A city in Nigeria where There Is 24/7 Elelctricity Supply! by Raxxye(m): 9:25pm On Dec 08, 2013
otokx:

I didn't imply he was lying; I just wanted to confirm if it's a hearsay or he has witnessed it. I guess my question was misunderstood!
Re: A city in Nigeria where There Is 24/7 Elelctricity Supply! by Raxxye(m): 9:27pm On Dec 08, 2013
wesley80: Lie over what? You mean you find the words of someone that lived in a place 2 decades ago more believable? I see the extent to which the darkness in that Aluu conclave you live has turned you to a pessimist.
The insult was uncalled for.
Re: A city in Nigeria where There Is 24/7 Elelctricity Supply! by wesley80(m): 9:39pm On Dec 08, 2013
Raxxye:
The insult was uncalled for.
What part do you consider an insult? The poster doesnt hide the fact that he lives in Aluu and there's hardly electricity in his area all year round so what are you talking about?
Re: A city in Nigeria where There Is 24/7 Elelctricity Supply! by manuch(m): 9:45pm On Dec 08, 2013
Ibeno in Akwa Ibom have been enjoying 24/7 electricity for years
Re: A city in Nigeria where There Is 24/7 Elelctricity Supply! by Raxxye(m): 1:47pm On Dec 09, 2013
Expecting YUZEDO to come tell us what the situation is in Banana ICEland! grin grin
Re: A city in Nigeria where There Is 24/7 Elelctricity Supply! by asha80(m): 1:55pm On Dec 09, 2013
basilo101:
aba may be d 1st naija city 2 enjoy 24/7 power. Geometric (Barth Nnaji) is abt completing d aba power plant. Nestoil (Ernest Azidalu) is also building one in anambra, Indigeneous entrepreneurs noni. Development is nt only abt govnors
i thought geometric power plant has been completed?
Re: A city in Nigeria where There Is 24/7 Elelctricity Supply! by Raxxye(m): 6:18pm On Dec 09, 2013
asha 80: i thought geometric power plant has been completed?
I still have my reservations about the independent power projects. I hope they truly supply Nigerians uninterrupted electricity when completed!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Open Question: How Many Ijaw Men Are Agitating For Igbo President? / Third Anniversary: Gov. Ugwuanyi pledges more democracy dividends / My Ecounter With A Northern Okada Rider Last Night

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.