Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,585 members, 7,812,911 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:11 PM

Why I Hate School But Love Education - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why I Hate School But Love Education (709 Views)

10 Signs You Only Went To School But An Illiterate / Help: I Have Been Given Admission From My School But Not From Jamb / Why I Hate School But Love Education (spoken Words) By Suli Breaks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Hate School But Love Education by XLR8(m): 12:39pm On Dec 07, 2013
So you want to get a degree, why? Let me tell you what the society will tell you:
 Increases your chances of getting a job
 Provides u with an opportunity to be successful
 Your life will be a lot less stressful
EDUCATION IS THE KEY
Now let me tell you what your parents will tell you...”make me proud”
Now let us look at the statistics: Steve Jobs, net worth $7B (RIP)...Richard Branson net worth $4.2B....Oprah Winfrey, net worth $2.7B...Mark Zuckenberg...Henry Ford...Steven Spielberg...Bill Gates now here comes the coup de grace. Looking at these individuals, what’s your conclusion? None of them ever graduated from a higher learning institution.

Now some of u will protest like money is a way of measuring worldly success some will even go on to say “I don’t do it for the money”, so what are you studying for? To work for a charity? You need more clarity? Let’s look at the statistics.
Jesus, Muhammed, Socrates, Malcolm X, Mother Theresa, Spielberg, Shakespeare, Beethoven, Jesse Owens, Muhammed Ali, Sean Carter, Michael Jeffrey Jordan, Michael Joseph Jackson, well all of these successful and great people were educated though they didn’t go to school. All am saying is if there is a family tree, hard work and education will be related while school will probably be a distant cousin.
See as long as you follow the rules and pass exams you are cool but are you aware that examiners have a check list and if your answer is something out of the box the automatic response is a cross and they claim that school expands your horizons and visions but tell that to Malcolm X who dropped out of school and is well renowned for what he learned in the prison.

George bush said “Education is about inspiring one’s mind not just filling their head” See am not saying school is evil and there is nothing to gain but all am saying is understand your motives and re-access your aims because if you want a job working with someone else then help yourself but that will be a contradiction because you wouldn’t really be helping yourself but helping someone else. There is a saying that says “If you don’t build your dreams someone else will hire you to help build theirs. Redefine how you view education understand its true meaning, education is not just about regurgitating facts from a book or someone else’s opinion on a subject to passing exam look at it. Picasa was educated in the way of arts, Shakespeare was educated in the art of writing, Colonel Harland Sanders was educated in the arts of making Kentucky fried chicken.

I once saw David Beckham take a free kick, I watched as the side of his Adidas sponsored boots hit the ball at an angle which caused it to travel towards the skies as if it was destined for the heavens then as it reached the peak of its momentum it was as if it changed its mind and switched direction I watched as the goal keeper froze and in the fraction of a mini second too late the goal net embraced the ball as if it was a prodigal son coming home. I looked at it and said wow, look at David Beckham and said there is more than one way to be an educated man.

“I will not let an exam result decide my fate” sully breaks, vanity fair.2009
say amen grin grin grin grin
Re: Why I Hate School But Love Education by Auxigen(m): 11:05pm On Dec 07, 2013
really inspiring. . . . .you wil never find pple in this kind of post 0o. . if it's "whats d meaning of eminado,wizkid throws money at fans,tonto dikeh reveals her busts. . .etc you'll find traffic.
Re: Why I Hate School But Love Education by XLR8(m): 4:03pm On Dec 08, 2013
Auxigen: really inspiring. . . . .you wil never find pple in this kind of post 0o. . if it's "whats d meaning of eminado,wizkid throws money at fans,tonto dikeh reveals her busts. . .etc you'll find traffic.

lol...abi o
Re: Why I Hate School But Love Education by Nobody: 5:44pm On Dec 08, 2013
This is a spoken word poem...I've seen the video..I love this concept...his points are pretty valid..but then..person stil gaz go school..

(1) (Reply)

FUTO Students Say No To December 9th Exams / ASUU To Call Off Strike Next Week- Fagge / If You Are A Genius; Find The Answer.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.