Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,187 members, 7,818,612 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:44 PM

Android Users: It's Time We Got The Data We Need USING OUR VOICES! - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Android Users: It's Time We Got The Data We Need USING OUR VOICES! (602 Views)

Android Users! Stream Live DSTV Channels On Your Android Smartphone For Free / What Is The Data Cap Of Etisalat Bis? / Android Users Strictly-How to use Mtn's Unlimited Bis on your Droid...!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Android Users: It's Time We Got The Data We Need USING OUR VOICES! by enigmatique(m): 1:01pm On Dec 07, 2013
Hello my fellow Nairalanders. Hope you're good? Above all, hope you're having a great time gett data for your device? No? Eeyah. That's exactly my reason for opening this thread. It's time we moved some mountains that have denied us access to QUANTITATIVE and QUALITATIVE data services. The point is that the data bundles available for Android devices in Nigeria are just too expensive, especially when we consider the bundles that Blackberry phones get. Are they not both smartphones? Then why is the disparity so large and the gap so big? Why?

Fellas, it's time we sounded the bell until it rings loud and clear in their ears. It's time we demand for and get an explanation, but above all, we crave for a positive change. Now is the time. It's time we demanded not only for larger data bundles for our money, but also for BETTER service or signal strength. Now, I know other threads have been created to tackle Airtel, Etisalat, Glo and MTN. However, my main target in this protest is the Nigerian Communication Commission. They are the regulator of the telecom industry, they are the soil, root and stem. They are my target. I intend to go to their Twitter handle, @NgComCommission, and their website, ncc.gov.ng, and protest. My plan is to write a letter and submit it on Monday, and I'll sure visit their Twitter page too.

Join me. Talk with me. Shout with me. Go to their Twitter page, their website, and let your voice ne heard. Let them know that we've had enough. In our individual words, let us ask them to admonish their wards, the telecom operators. Let us speak, for only then will we be heard.

COME ON!

1 Like

Re: Android Users: It's Time We Got The Data We Need USING OUR VOICES! by Drniyi4u(m): 1:07pm On Dec 07, 2013
Re: Android Users: It's Time We Got The Data We Need USING OUR VOICES! by weazley(m): 1:28pm On Dec 07, 2013
'
Re: Android Users: It's Time We Got The Data We Need USING OUR VOICES! by Nobody: 1:46pm On Dec 07, 2013
Re: Android Users: It's Time We Got The Data We Need USING OUR VOICES! by Olamyyde(m): 1:54pm On Dec 07, 2013
Mehn, i don give up on affordable internet on android. We don protest more than 15 times this year, yet no change.
Re: Android Users: It's Time We Got The Data We Need USING OUR VOICES! by 1stola: 2:05pm On Dec 07, 2013
later
Re: Android Users: It's Time We Got The Data We Need USING OUR VOICES! by ITbomb(m): 2:16pm On Dec 07, 2013
I don't know why u guys continue to show gross ignorance concerning this issue .
This is not an issue of the operators just opening the tap for u or regulators forcing them to give u more MB , it involved policy formulation.
From the first day of protest , NCC has been working hard to ensure bandwidth prices r brought down especially through the Wired Nigeria project .
As long as most of Nigeria telecom traffic is on Wireless (Microwave base stations) , the challenge of bandwidth will still be there .
Instead of u ranting to the telecom operators or regulators to give u more MB , y not carry ur protest to google to dedicate one of their servers to handle n compress data traffic just like RIM is doing for their Blackberry services .
To say that they should give u more MB at the present infrastructure level would suffocate the network , sacrificing quality for quantity . For me it would be better to give quality service to people that can afford it than everybody being on a network that cannot open a page
Re: Android Users: It's Time We Got The Data We Need USING OUR VOICES! by enigmatique(m): 2:24pm On Dec 07, 2013
@Olamyde: Well, this is my first real protest. We'll give it a shot. All the protests before now plus this one will build up our voice in their ears.

@ITBomb: You know, your post has reasonable points in it but the problem is, before I concede anything to you, give me proof, especially of RIM's compressional server.
Re: Android Users: It's Time We Got The Data We Need USING OUR VOICES! by enigmatique(m): 2:28pm On Dec 07, 2013
Besides, @ITBomb, whether you get value for your money is the point. Not that they should hike the price so that only few people will be able to afford it. Is data a good of ostentation? No.
Re: Android Users: It's Time We Got The Data We Need USING OUR VOICES! by ITbomb(m): 3:24pm On Dec 07, 2013
enigmatique:
give me proof, especially of RIM's compressional server.
www.nairaland.com/1546403/real-reason-why-bis-cheaper#20052289
Someone else had to dig deeper

(1) (Reply)

Help Me Root My Phone!!! / Which Fone To Get For 20k / Need Help On Fone To Buy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.