Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,192 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:14 AM

Who Is The Greater Wizard Between Harry Potter And Merlin? - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Who Is The Greater Wizard Between Harry Potter And Merlin? (8747 Views)

Alan Rickman (Severus Snape), Harry Potter Actor, Dies Aged 69 / Merlin Season 6 Is Out! Watch The Trailer Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Is The Greater Wizard Between Harry Potter And Merlin? by Lionbite(m): 8:32am On Dec 08, 2013

[b]when it comes to magic and spells the first two sorcerers I would give anything to see get into the ring are the ubiquitous Mr. Potter and the eponymous hero of the new BBC series,Merlin (i know my fellow naija people will agree to this).

Who would win? That’s exactly what this article is determined to find out so I decided to do a little research on both characters(i no get work)

In one corner, we have Harry Potter, the hero in JK Rowling’sHarry Potterseries and a child wizarding prodigy. The movie follow his journey to a young adult with his best friends Hermione Granger and Ron Weasly, mastering spell-casting and eventually leading to a confrontation with the dark wizard Voldemort, who is so powerful adult wizards dare not speak his name.

In the other corner, we have Merlin from the new BBC UK TV series, a re-imagination of the archetypal British myth. In the series we observe young Merlin who arrives fresh at Camelot only to discover he must protect young Prince Arthur while hiding his mystical nature because Arthur’s father has outlawed all magic in the kingdom!
[img]http://1.bp..com/-D4iq-bYWcpE/Ti5UH1G_XSI/AAAAAAAAABA/hIR2-DujDXE/s1600/M+V+H+3.bmp[/img]
Introductions aside let’s see who would win in a duel between these magical prodigies: and Note Harry needs a wand, Merlin does not.[/b]

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Greater Wizard Between Harry Potter And Merlin? by Witwicky(m): 8:34am On Dec 08, 2013
Aghhhh *yawns*

Space booked
Re: Who Is The Greater Wizard Between Harry Potter And Merlin? by Mynd44: 8:36am On Dec 08, 2013
Merlin grew up to be the most powerful wizard of all time. Even Dumbledore who trained Harry Potter's title was "order of merlin". Harry stands no chance

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Greater Wizard Between Harry Potter And Merlin? by JameyMaxwell(m): 8:36am On Dec 08, 2013
Merlin
Harry potter controls Snakes
Melin controls Dragon

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Greater Wizard Between Harry Potter And Merlin? by Mynd44: 8:44am On Dec 08, 2013
Jamey Maxwell: Merlin
Harry potter controls Snakes
Melin controls Dragon
He spoke to snakes not control them. He could not control the Basilisk remember?
Re: Who Is The Greater Wizard Between Harry Potter And Merlin? by unmask: 9:01am On Dec 08, 2013
have you heard of ABIJA or FADEYI or PROFESSOR PELLER

2 Likes

Re: Who Is The Greater Wizard Between Harry Potter And Merlin? by Nobody: 9:14am On Dec 08, 2013
ASUU!!!!!!!!★♀♂✘✔♂∵
Re: Who Is The Greater Wizard Between Harry Potter And Merlin? by homesteady(m): 9:19am On Dec 08, 2013
Merlin is more powerful jare! But Zedd in legend of the seeker is the most powerful!
Re: Who Is The Greater Wizard Between Harry Potter And Merlin? by victorjam(m): 9:19am On Dec 08, 2013
Its like a match between spain and tahiti. Harry potter would suffer a very huge loss. Merlin all d way joor.
Re: Who Is The Greater Wizard Between Harry Potter And Merlin? by Chimaritoponcho: 9:35am On Dec 08, 2013
harry what? Merlin wetin?
...wait till you meet the witches for my cousin village..dem no get timetable o infact dem dey fly mornin afternoon & night abi merlin fit fly?
Ehen Bk to the matter;Respect to merlin he b senior man
Re: Who Is The Greater Wizard Between Harry Potter And Merlin? by amiskurie(m): 9:35am On Dec 08, 2013
THAT'S WHY YOU GUYS NEED TO VISIT YOUR VILLAGES.
Re: Who Is The Greater Wizard Between Harry Potter And Merlin? by Drniyi4u(m): 9:40am On Dec 08, 2013
unmask: have you heard of ABIJA or FADEYI or PROFESSOR PELLER
grin
unmask: have you heard of ABIJA or FADEYI or PROFESSOR PELLER
Re: Who Is The Greater Wizard Between Harry Potter And Merlin? by Drniyi4u(m): 9:44am On Dec 08, 2013
Merlin z far greater than Harry Porter, Porter can't use magic without his "stupid" stick, but for Emrys......na to shine d eyes!!! Even Merlin z greater than d "wizard of d first order", Zeddicus Zu'l Zorander, but Zedd has more experience due to his age....
.....only dat Zedd nd Harry r free to use their magic, but itz not so for Merlin

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Greater Wizard Between Harry Potter And Merlin? by Lionbite(m): 10:00am On Dec 08, 2013
homesteady: Merlin is more powerful jare! But Zedd in legend of the seeker is the most powerful!
that baba too like fire jor
Re: Who Is The Greater Wizard Between Harry Potter And Merlin? by nenergy(m): 10:17am On Dec 08, 2013
satan nor dey fight satan. Juju nor dey JUJU juju. *singing* JESUS power super power!!!!
Re: Who Is The Greater Wizard Between Harry Potter And Merlin? by Nobody: 10:36am On Dec 08, 2013
Merlin !! Gosh I miss that show man. I can't believe they cancelled it and replaced it with some crappy show. angry angry
Re: Who Is The Greater Wizard Between Harry Potter And Merlin? by Olugbenger(m): 11:10am On Dec 08, 2013
Re: Who Is The Greater Wizard Between Harry Potter And Merlin? by Vivly(f): 11:13am On Dec 08, 2013
Merlin is more powerful joor. He doesn't need anything to perform magic unlike Harry who needs a wand to perform the simplest spell. Besides, Harry lost most of his super supernatural powers the day voldemort's soul(horcrux) in him died.
Re: Who Is The Greater Wizard Between Harry Potter And Merlin? by Dannylux: 11:24am On Dec 08, 2013
When you asked this question, wasn't the answer already staring at you?

MERLIN it is. In all ramifications!
Re: Who Is The Greater Wizard Between Harry Potter And Merlin? by Dannylux: 11:27am On Dec 08, 2013
adaobi123: Merlin !! Gosh I miss that show man. I can't believe they cancelled it and replaced it with some crappy show. angry angry

Merlin you mean?
Re: Who Is The Greater Wizard Between Harry Potter And Merlin? by Vivly(f): 11:30am On Dec 08, 2013
Btw, Who is the most powerful among Voldemort, Dumbledore and Zediccus.
Re: Who Is The Greater Wizard Between Harry Potter And Merlin? by Mynd44: 11:37am On Dec 08, 2013
Vivly: Btw, Who is the most powerful among Voldemort, Dumbledore and Zediccus.
Go and read the book Harry potter. Dumbledore is more powerful especially when he was younger and he went on the search of the Deathly hallows. When he gave up the quest, he tuned good and he limited the power he could use.

He was the only one Voldemot remember?
Re: Who Is The Greater Wizard Between Harry Potter And Merlin? by Vivly(f): 11:43am On Dec 08, 2013
Mynd_44:
Go and read the book Harry potter. Dumbledore is more powerful especially when he was younger and he went on the search of the Deathly hallows. When he gave up the quest, he tuned good and he limited the power he could use.

I've read all 7 books and I'd have picked Dumbledore if he wasn't so honourable. That limited him. Voldemort on the other hand stretched magic to it's breaking point. I pick voldemort.
Re: Who Is The Greater Wizard Between Harry Potter And Merlin? by Vivly(f): 11:44am On Dec 08, 2013
Re: Who Is The Greater Wizard Between Harry Potter And Merlin? by yfo: 11:53am On Dec 08, 2013
Mynd_44:

i would put voldermort slightly ahead of dumbledore cuz of his old age and on par if he was younger...remember when they dueled in part 5 and the phoenix had to take a curse for dumbledore so he could deal with the snake attacking him?
Re: Who Is The Greater Wizard Between Harry Potter And Merlin? by Mynd44: 12:01pm On Dec 08, 2013
y-fo:

i would put voldermort slightly ahead of dumbledore cuz of his old age and on par if he was younger...remember when they dueled in part 5 and the phoenix had to take a curse for dumbledore so he could deal with the snake attacking him?
Ever wondered why Hogwards was one of the few places that was safe when Voldemot wanted power? Even when he got to power, he avoided a confrontation.

And dont judge Harry potted based on the movie. The movie says Harry killed Voldemort which is false
Re: Who Is The Greater Wizard Between Harry Potter And Merlin? by Mynd44: 12:04pm On Dec 08, 2013
Vivly: I've read all 7 books and I'd have picked Dumbledore if he wasn't so honourable. That limited him. Voldemort on the other hand stretched magic to it's breaking point. I pick voldemort.
But why did voldemort fear him so much? He even knows more hidden magic than voldemort sef. Remember hen they dueled at the ministry, voldemort did not want
Re: Who Is The Greater Wizard Between Harry Potter And Merlin? by Vivly(f): 12:07pm On Dec 08, 2013
y-fo:

True that. Even in book seven, Dumbledore had to beg snape for death so he wouldn't face voldemort. So much for him being the only person voldemost was scared of.
Re: Who Is The Greater Wizard Between Harry Potter And Merlin? by Mynd44: 12:14pm On Dec 08, 2013
Vivly: True that. Even in book seven, Dumbledore had to beg snape for death so he wouldn't face voldemort. So much for him being the only person voldemost was scared of.
You forget that Dumbledore can defeat Voldemort but cannot kill him because he has split his soul. Besides he did not beg snape kill him, he was poisoned by the ring of Slytherine and the poison had no cure so having snape kill him would bring snape closer to Voldemort.

Remember what the prophecy said
"And the one shall be born, the dark lord shall mark him as his equal, for one cannot live while the other lives"
Re: Who Is The Greater Wizard Between Harry Potter And Merlin? by Lionbite(m): 12:15pm On Dec 08, 2013
when they both fought at the ministry of magic in order of phoenix, voldemort had the upper hand
Re: Who Is The Greater Wizard Between Harry Potter And Merlin? by Mynd44: 12:16pm On Dec 08, 2013
Lionbite: when they both fought at the ministry of magic in order of phoenix, voldemort had the upper hand
Dude, the movie is false. I am not arguing based on it
Re: Who Is The Greater Wizard Between Harry Potter And Merlin? by Nobody: 12:23pm On Dec 08, 2013
Dannylux:

Merlin you mean?

Yeah. Merlin was replaced with a show called Atlantis. undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

Download Dr. Strange Multiverse Of Madness Full HD / Nairaland Officially Big: Mentioned In Nigeria New Movie 'blackberry Babes" / Jim Iyke To Host Own Reality Show.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.