Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,490 members, 7,836,917 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:31 PM

Please Advice... - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Please Advice... (1057 Views)

Please Advice!!! How Do I Stay Focus. I Cant Concentrate On My Studies / Please Advice: Want To Change From Civil Engineering To Chemical Engineering / Please Advice: Should He Leave Vet In 200 Lev. For MBBS? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Advice... by ayolatun(m): 12:08pm On Dec 08, 2013
Hello Nairalanders,

A lot has been going on in my mind career wise. I used to have this childhood dream that I wanted to become a Doctor. As far as I can remember, I was so into Medicine. I loved it.

Then, the unimaginable happened. I finished from secondary school with a good WAEC result, did fairly in Jamb and Post-Ume but my scores couldn't get me to study Medicine.
Nevertheless, I was given a course: Cell Biology and Genetics. Never heard of the course before. It didn't even cross my mind once. But I settled for the course in the hope that I would retake the UME exams. I sat for the exam while in school and the result came out but my score was not enough to get into Medicine.

Feeling very disappointed, I resolved to continue with Cell Biology and Genetics. I graduated last year with a Second Class Upper (2:1). But I had an experience which has made me to have a second thought on studying Medicine. I did my SIWES in an Oil Firm (name with held).

Now you might be thinking, what does Cell Biology and Genetics have to do with Oi? Well, every course has its own areas of specialization and it happens to be that Environmental studies is one of them. So I functioned in the Health Safety &Environment Department in partnership with an FPSO operation department in the company. So due to my SIWES experience, my final year project was on Phytoremediation of a Crude Oil Polluted Soil.

Now, the challenge I have is that, I'm almost through with NYSC. I don't know whether I should go for my masters program in Environmental studies or go back to undergraduate level to study Medicine. Sincerely everything is kind of blurry
Re: Please Advice... by braine(m): 12:41pm On Dec 08, 2013
Stop thinking medicine bro• Move on with the environmental studies•
Re: Please Advice... by ayolatun(m): 12:59pm On Dec 08, 2013
I want to, but the hype some peeps give concerning Medicine. I know quite a few that are going back to study Medicine.

Popsy is like Medicine...blah blah blah. Of recent I had this thought that. Instead of going back to study Medicine, I should just go back to study Environmental Engineering or Science, get a Masters to better my chances in the Industry.

But Medicine would take 7yrs but the latter just 5 yrs.
Re: Please Advice... by braine(m): 1:06pm On Dec 08, 2013
If you wanna do medicine outside Nigeria such as USA its better since you need a Bsc to study it there• Or you want to go back to Unilag?? Then that would be a waste of time• Coz you may end up using more than seven years•
Re: Please Advice... by ayolatun(m): 1:26pm On Dec 08, 2013
Unilag keh! Not at all. #God dey

(1) (Reply)

Things You Need To Take To Nysc / Uniabuja SUG President Conducts VC Round Students Hostel For Inspection / Scholarship Opportunity For Nigerians To Study In Hungary.deadline:30/4/2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.