Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,412 members, 7,954,647 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 04:37 AM

Stuck On Prototype - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Stuck On Prototype (1503 Views)

Lets Design A Website Like Quickteller.com Prototype With WYSIWYG (tutorial) / A Good Web Developer Wanted. PHP, Prototype, Ajax, And Javascript / Nigerian Online Market Place {nwalla.com} Launches With Prototype (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stuck On Prototype by Farriel(m): 7:22pm On Jun 17, 2006
Had been working on this since Friday evening. Have just finished watching the thrilling game between Ghana vs Czech Rep. and have decided to post progress so far. Funny thing is, I had had some sort of mental block, had been drawing a blank on what to do next, but as I watched the match and clicked here and dragged there, I ended up with this.

http://www.uciko.com

I need tips on what to add next. I'm fairly OK with design, client is ecstatic, but I just don't have a clue what would sit nicely on that, bright ideas anyone?
Re: Stuck On Prototype by sbucareer(f): 10:18pm On Jun 17, 2006

Is the site you are trying to develop involve some dynamic behavior? As a visitor I need to know much about the company profile i.e

1. Policy
2. Term and conditions
3. Product descriptions
4. How to place order
5. Affiliates
6. Login for dynamic web pages
7. etc.

Do your requirement engineer properly and come up with requirement specification, then you should be OK. I think you have not done any requirement engineering. Use JAD (Joint Application Development) to come up with a specification. JAD involves the end users(Clients)

Observation

At the bottom of your page, you had copyright(c). Do it like this ©copyright Uciko Limited. 2006. All Rights Reserved.

Re: Stuck On Prototype by Farriel(m): 7:18pm On Jun 18, 2006
Thanks man,

Would discuss more with client and let you know. But from a design point of view, is this looking promising? Particularly if the right things are added and the wrong things ditched?
Re: Stuck On Prototype by my2cents(m): 4:47am On Jun 19, 2006
I like what I see, but with a few modifications wink

- at the top, remove the extra "|" after "contact"

- make sure whatever nav links are at the header match the footer

- The offices info section should probably be centered

- if the company deals with more than just gypsum, perhaps you can recycle what is in the hand holding the "stone" (a quick javascript can do the trick).

Thatz all. Kudos!!
Re: Stuck On Prototype by Farriel(m): 1:41pm On Jun 20, 2006
Thanks my2cents, your posts are infinitely remarkably hepful. Would make changes and see how it goes. Somehow though, I've kicked progress up a notch and you could check out the other pages.

The company's product of primary interest is gypsum, which is why there's a lot of talk on it and that of course necessitates the need for the hand holding the sedentary rock, but of interest, my2cents, is the fact that that's the only shot of a hand holding anything that I was given. So I guess the rock or stone or whatever it is would have to be retained.
Re: Stuck On Prototype by my2cents(m): 7:46pm On Jun 20, 2006
Glad to be of help.

I need to be in your coding circles man - it seems u land a new website contract a day smiley
Re: Stuck On Prototype by Farriel(m): 11:55am On Jun 22, 2006
Hahaha, far from that man. This is just an Enyimba fan whom contacted me via the Enyimba feedback form.

I shall want to include you in anything like that though, remember what I spoke to you about? The one we discussed sometime ago?
Re: Stuck On Prototype by my2cents(m): 4:12pm On Jun 22, 2006
Oh yeah Farriel wink

YIM me on anything that comes up from now on smiley (udotot25)
Re: Stuck On Prototype by Farriel(m): 11:42am On Jun 23, 2006
No shakes man, will do. There's something already in the works. Would start development next week.

(1) (Reply)

Female Web Designer / How Do I Get Paid For Services Rendered Online? / Bloggers Without Approved Adsense

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.