Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,821,992 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:05 AM

I Need Tips For Entering Cameroun From Enugu Or Calabar By Road. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I Need Tips For Entering Cameroun From Enugu Or Calabar By Road. (7879 Views)

An Unhappy Train Experience From Enugu Railway (photos) / My Train Ride From Enugu To Port Harcourt (Pictures) / First International Flight Takes-off From Enugu 24th August (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Tips For Entering Cameroun From Enugu Or Calabar By Road. by naijaspeak(m): 3:00pm On Dec 08, 2013
I need tips from Nigerian that are frequent traveller to Cameroon and Gabon on how to enter cameroon by road from Enugu or Calabar. What is the immigration procedures like at the Nigerian Cameroun Border.? A description of the road network and how and where to take transport at the nearest Nigerian Cameroun Border including the cost is necessary.
Re: I Need Tips For Entering Cameroun From Enugu Or Calabar By Road. by MrKnowitall: 4:50pm On Dec 08, 2013
I believe this is what you need my friend. As far is the immigration procedures on the boarder, according to the site economist.com,

"Immigration control at Mfum on the border was a damp hovel. Smoke from wood-burning fires cooking stews and Jollof rice clung to the air.

Young boys made transactions through the window of our battered jeep, selling bananas and corn-on-the-cob. A handful of men passed through

passport control from Cameroon with no papers or identification. “My aunt lives up the road in the next village,” complemented by a subtle

slip of cash, was enough to grant passage.
Leaky borders are often cited as one of the contributing factors to Nigeria’s insecurity. When the

rules are so easily circumvented, it is hard to see how Nigeria will ever be able to control the 4,000-km border it shares with four countries." This

was what one of their journalist experienced when he was crossing the border from Nigeria to Cameroon. I hope you take all of you things

with you so you dont have to waste money going back to go get them. cheers.

Re: I Need Tips For Entering Cameroun From Enugu Or Calabar By Road. by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 3:05pm On Dec 09, 2013
naijaspeak: I need tips from Nigerian that are frequent traveller to Cameroon and Gabon on how to enter cameroon by road from Enugu or Calabar. What is the immigration procedures like?
what do you want to do in Cameroon?
Why do you want to go or enter in that country?
Re: I Need Tips For Entering Cameroun From Enugu Or Calabar By Road. by naijaspeak(m): 5:32pm On Dec 09, 2013
I am going to cameroun to explore business opportunities. If you have travel details about Cameroun especiallly the crossing point with Nigeria you can share for us to learn. Meanwhile, I wish to thank mr knowitall for is nice contribution it is much appreciated
CAMNEWTON4PRES: what do you want to do in Cameroon?
Why do you want to go or enter in that country?
Re: I Need Tips For Entering Cameroun From Enugu Or Calabar By Road. by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 6:04pm On Dec 09, 2013
WHAT kind of business?
Where do you live in Naija? You are visas free (90days) .
I hope your business is legal and that you are someone of good morality.

Do you have a Nigerian passport?
Re: I Need Tips For Entering Cameroun From Enugu Or Calabar By Road. by onila(f): 7:42pm On Dec 09, 2013
CAMNEWTON4PRES: WHAT kind of business?
Where do you live in Naija? You are visas free (90days) .
I hope your business is legal and that you are someone of good morality.

Do you have a Nigerian passport?
stop treating him like a criminal

you slowpoke!

3 Likes

Re: I Need Tips For Entering Cameroun From Enugu Or Calabar By Road. by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 7:49pm On Dec 09, 2013
onila: stop treating him like a criminal

you slowpoke!
I asked him legitimate question. I can help him in his business , depends on what we wants to do ?
I asked his actual location to tell him the quicker way to reach Cameroon .
Owner of Nigerian passport or national id are visas free, that's why I asked if he has one .

You are the asuk here
Re: I Need Tips For Entering Cameroun From Enugu Or Calabar By Road. by naijaspeak(m): 8:23pm On Dec 09, 2013
There is no problem with passport or paper , I just want a straight explanation. Such as get to Calabar or Enugu. Join a bus to Ugep it will cost you so and so and the journey is 4 hour, from there take another bus to Yaounde, it will cost so and so. Forget about my purpose of visit. I know Cameroun is visa free just like camnewtonpres said. I just want a frequent traveller on that route who have had a personal experience of the Nigerian Cameroun transport system at the border to give the cost of the journey by road and also explain the journey the way a traveller will take the journey town to town before reaching the Cameroon capital.

1 Like

Re: I Need Tips For Entering Cameroun From Enugu Or Calabar By Road. by Ambassador4443(m): 1:39pm On Sep 26, 2016
How much will it cost me from Ugep to Limbre, Cameroon?
Re: I Need Tips For Entering Cameroun From Enugu Or Calabar By Road. by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 2:04am On Sep 27, 2016
Enugu -calabar-bamenda , the road is new and actually very good .
Re: I Need Tips For Entering Cameroun From Enugu Or Calabar By Road. by ojialo(m): 6:47pm On Nov 08, 2016
CAMNEWTON4PRES:
Enugu -calabar-bamenda , the road is new and actually very good .

i have a friend who would like to visit Nigeria from Cameroon and he was asking me which is the safest and nearest route
Re: I Need Tips For Entering Cameroun From Enugu Or Calabar By Road. by amosundele(m): 4:44pm On Jul 24, 2019
I learnt Ekok - Mamfe road is a mud pool. the vehicle get stuck in the mud at every 20 metres.
Please who have the most recent update?

(1) (Reply)

9 Best Affordable Places To Live In Lagos / Transit Visas And Entry Visas/visa Free Countries (post Your Information Here) / Lagos Residents Waste Three Of 10 Years In Traffic – Planet Project's Survey

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.