Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,076 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:02 AM

The Death Of Polytechnic Education In Nigeria: - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Death Of Polytechnic Education In Nigeria: (627 Views)

FG meets 80 per cent of polytechnic lecturers’ demand / Part Time Form Of Polytechnic Ibadan / The End Of Polytechnic In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Death Of Polytechnic Education In Nigeria: by Nobody: 3:55pm On Dec 08, 2013
My name is CHIBUIKE,i represent Federal Polytechnic Nekede,Owerri,Imo state.There is no doubt that NIGERIA is a failed state,this is evident in our standard of living.Education like they say is the tunnel that connects the ''rich'' and the '' poor'' and an escape route from poverty which plagues 75% of Nigerians.Sincerely,GOODLUCK JONATHAN administration has been so rude and insensitive to the plight of polytechnic graduates in Nigeria in favour of the so called University graduates.As matter of remainder,ASUP have being on strike for the past two months and nothing is being done to bring the strike to an end.It is funny to observe that no press media or television station carry news about ASUP expect that of ASUU,SHAME ON YOU ALL.Personally,i dont understand the overheated debate in regards to the supremacy of universities over polytechnics;it is an utter display of Nigerian mentality and reasoning.If polytechnic education is of no relevance to the labour sector and to Nigeria at large,IT SHOULD BE SCRAPPED OFF and save us from the harsh hand of discrimination....@GOD,please save Nigeria from the impending Eduation suicide.

1 Like

Re: The Death Of Polytechnic Education In Nigeria: by Rephaiah(m): 4:23pm On Dec 08, 2013
[color=#000099][/color] honestly speaking nigerian government have lost completely administration of its several booming sector all because of politics. But we should be aware we don't have a home here. Pls endeavor not to hurt one and make the other happy.
Re: The Death Of Polytechnic Education In Nigeria: by Witwicky(m): 4:23pm On Dec 08, 2013
Its really odd,i mean they not even saying anything about asup strike
Re: The Death Of Polytechnic Education In Nigeria: by fabby26(m): 5:47pm On Dec 08, 2013
Like is ASUP still on STRIKE for real?
Re: The Death Of Polytechnic Education In Nigeria: by Nobody: 5:57pm On Dec 08, 2013
Like seroiusly..YEAH
Re: The Death Of Polytechnic Education In Nigeria: by fabby26(m): 11:51am On Dec 14, 2013
chibuike53: Like seroiusly..YEAH

Hmmmm........
Re: The Death Of Polytechnic Education In Nigeria: by smithsammy(m): 2:49pm On Dec 14, 2013
Veryly veryly I say unto you: if thou can make a vigorious research on this topic you have just raised, you will find out that the problem of low funding, descrimination, bias and all sorts had started since and not today. There's no amount of clamour we can make that will make the government and the empployers Stop their apparently descrimination against the polytechnic. What I can just say here is that we (the polytechnic student) should proove ourself to the world that we are undegradable through our productivity and creativity. Thank you.

(1) (Reply)

The Ploytechnic Ibadan Post Utme Is Out! / OBSOLETE POST / Grade Your Wisdom..how Wise Are You???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.