Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,615 members, 7,809,256 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:51 AM

Share Your Sewing Projects - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Share Your Sewing Projects (2862 Views)

Learn How To Sew From Scratch, Perfect Your Sewing Skills With Our April Courses / Improve On Your Sewing Skills / A “SEW ALONG” THREAD For Sewing Enthusiasts/Tailors/Fashion Designers:DECEMBER (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Share Your Sewing Projects by sima(f): 9:46am On Dec 09, 2013
So I recently picked up sewing in October of this year. I've always wanted to learn how to sew for the longest time but i've always felt intimidated by it. I felt there was way too much hassle involved so I always shy away from it. I finally gathered some courage to attempt it since trying doest hurt, right? I also figured i could always drop it if i didn't like it. So I decided to teach myself how to sew with the help of youtube and other informations online.

Fashionistas all over the internet like instagram, blackgirlskillingit, nigeriangirlskillingit, youtube stylist gurus, fashion and personal style bloggers, and celebrities all inspired me to start sewing for myself. I absolutely love the idea of seeing an outfit online and just creating it for myself without the hassle of trying to find out where to buy the outfit from. And sometimes when you lucky enough to find it, it turns out to be ridiculously expensive or they dont ship to your country. It has happened to me way too many times. Anyway, i decided to save myself all these stress by learning how to sew. And besides, there arent too many tailors here that make sense. They will charge you the amount you did pay to get a dress in a high end store. You better off buying it online.

I decided to get a decent sewing machine for a very reasonable price (thank God it was on sale) and embark in my journey on sewing. I always envied those girls that created their own outfits and you couldn't even tell it was homemade. I've sewn a couple of things which i'm proud of and some not so much. I consider myself a beginner so dont judge harshly lol.

Enough rambling for a sec. My purpose of this topic is for you peeps here on nairaland (male and female) to share some of the things you've sewn for yourself or someone by posting a picture of it.
Who knows, someone might be posting your next outfit. LOL

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Sewing Projects by sima(f): 9:57am On Dec 09, 2013
More...

1 Like

Re: Share Your Sewing Projects by sima(f): 10:05am On Dec 09, 2013
More...

1 Like

Re: Share Your Sewing Projects by ShoppersGuide: 10:14pm On Dec 10, 2013
wow, Did you sew these dresses yourself with barely two months of apprenticeship? Your dresses are soOOOo lovely! You will make a Good Celebrity Fashion designer.
Genevieve Nnaji needs to see these, i am sure she will love them!

1 Like

Re: Share Your Sewing Projects by CelebrityP: 5:58pm On Dec 11, 2013
WoW!!!! Am so impressed,if u can, u should pls start a sewalong, nd where did u get ur materials? Nice
Re: Share Your Sewing Projects by Saraben(f): 6:14pm On Dec 11, 2013
wow this is awesome pls where did u get D's materials from...dey look lik ready mades
Re: Share Your Sewing Projects by popy35: 8:02am On Dec 12, 2013
OMG! They are amazing btw nice rastafarian monkey lol
Re: Share Your Sewing Projects by MzDesire(f): 4:14pm On Dec 12, 2013
wow...really lovely
Re: Share Your Sewing Projects by sima(f): 3:49am On Dec 18, 2013
ShoppersGuide: wow, Did you sew these dresses yourself with barely two months of apprenticeship? Your dresses are soOOOo lovely! You will make a Good Celebrity Fashion designer.
Genevieve Nnaji needs to see these, i am sure she will love them!

hahahah... thanks lol. Yes i did but I actually taught myself how to sew. With help from youtube and other info from the internet smiley

CelebrityP: WoW!!!! Am so impressed,if u can, u should pls start a sewalong, nd where did u get ur materials? Nice

Thanks alot. I'll actually think about that. I buy my fabrics from Fabricland.

Saraben: wow this is awesome pls where did u get D's materials from...dey look lik ready mades

Thanks smiley
I buy my fabrics from fabricland smiley

popy35: OMG! They are amazing btw nice rastafarian monkey lol
Mz Desire: wow...really lovely
Thanks guys kiss
Re: Share Your Sewing Projects by jamace(m): 7:19pm On Dec 26, 2013
Good job, Simmy. cool

Welcome. cheesy
Re: Share Your Sewing Projects by igbi: 12:42pm On Dec 27, 2013
how do you get them sent in for you i mean from fabric land,how do we get it in nigeria
Re: Share Your Sewing Projects by toluh(f): 8:40pm On Dec 27, 2013
@Sima pls could you drop the names of some sites you visit for sewing tutorials.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Sewing Projects by toluh(f): 8:46pm On Dec 27, 2013
@Sima pls could you drop the names of some sites you visit for sewing tutorials.
Re: Share Your Sewing Projects by INDESTRUCTABLEX(m): 3:00pm On Dec 28, 2013
Simi if u can do it in barely 3months, I can do it in 1 and d halve month. Let's go there. In btw, m interested in just male fashion for now.
Thanks, you've inspired me.
Re: Share Your Sewing Projects by Teegurlee(f): 11:41am On Dec 29, 2013
Wow! Those clothes are lovely.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Sewing Projects by Tinu02(f): 11:56am On Dec 29, 2013
Sima....am really impressed.....share more
Re: Share Your Sewing Projects by Cherish100(f): 2:35pm On Dec 29, 2013
Oh my! What lovely outfits you make. It's hard to believe you're a beginner in sewing. Keep it up and please post more outfits. I want to contact you please. How do I go about this? Help me out.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Sewing Projects by Juliet94: 4:16pm On Dec 30, 2013
For bulk supply of chiffon blouses, neck pieces, flat shoes and heels, holla asap
Chiffon blouses: 20 @ N1200 each, 40 @ N1000 each, 60 @ N950 each, 100 @ N900 each
Neck pieces: 20 @ N800 each, 40 @ N750 each, 60 @ N700 each
Flat shoes: 20 @ N1400 each, 40 @ N1300 each, 100 @ N1200 each
Heels: 10 @ N4000 each, 20 @ N3800 each, 40 @ N3500 each....
For more info, add up 23736D71
Or whatsapp 08100195133
Re: Share Your Sewing Projects by Famouslabod(f): 10:24am On Mar 22, 2015
Please where do i buy sewing materials in bulk? I am interested in the business? Has anyone done it before? I have just 80000 naira to start with. Someone said Lagos, another person aba or Onitsha. I am based in Ibadan. Please I need people's advice. Thank you
Re: Share Your Sewing Projects by BrownBelle: 9:10pm On Mar 24, 2015
Famouslabod:
Please where do i buy sewing materials in bulk? I am interested in the business? Has anyone done it before? I have just 80000 naira to start with. Someone said Lagos, another person aba or Onitsha. I am based in Ibadan. Please I need people's advice. Thank you

You can get sewing materials at Lagos Island.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Crocodile Head Style Shoe Spotted Online. / Classy Designer Perfumes Under 7k / Ankara Straight Long Gown Styles 2021: Beautiful And Cute Ankara Styles For Ladi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.