Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,102 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:50 AM

Should The Lagos State Govt Use Religious Figures To Urge People To Pay Their Tax? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Should The Lagos State Govt Use Religious Figures To Urge People To Pay Their Tax? (801 Views)

Five Key Figures To Watch In Nigeria's Election- AFP / Rivers State Crisis: IGP Summons Leading Pro-amaechi And Security Figures To Abj / Rivers State Crisis: IGP Summons Leading Pro-amaechi And Security Figures To Abu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should The Lagos State Govt Use Religious Figures To Urge People To Pay Their Tax? by leeport: 8:40am On Jul 28, 2008
i feel its wrong, these people go on instilling fear of the lord in people by making reference to the Bible and Quran urging people to pay, i feel any one who would pay would, do so!

WHATS YOUR SAY
Re: Should The Lagos State Govt Use Religious Figures To Urge People To Pay Their Tax? by okuomose3(m): 9:00am On Jul 28, 2008
The Govt can use which ever means it's please to ask us to pay our taxes provided it will work! And we need to pay our taxes no matter how it is presented to us.
Re: Should The Lagos State Govt Use Religious Figures To Urge People To Pay Their Tax? by Planner(m): 9:07am On Jul 28, 2008
The Govt can use which ever means it's please to ask us to pay our taxes provided it will work! And we need to pay our taxes no matter how it is presented to us.

Iti is Ok if we can all pay our taxes. It is also the duty of the government to compel us citizens to pay taxes. But my grouse is what have they done for the citizens in terms of social contract?
Re: Should The Lagos State Govt Use Religious Figures To Urge People To Pay Their Tax? by idupaul: 12:31pm On Jul 28, 2008
yes, because evn Jesus was used.
Re: Should The Lagos State Govt Use Religious Figures To Urge People To Pay Their Tax? by Mustay(m): 5:17pm On Jul 28, 2008
idupaul:

yes, because evn Jesus was used.

Jesus where shocked

In what advert

hmm cool

It's an advert - whether they use a goat or a cow, the message should be passed to the general public and not to a certain clique.
Re: Should The Lagos State Govt Use Religious Figures To Urge People To Pay Their Tax? by idupaul: 6:18pm On Jul 28, 2008
Mustay:

Jesus where shocked

In what advert

hmm cool

It's an advert - whether they use a goat or a cow, the message should be passed to the general public and not to a certain clique.

He said in the bible, give what is ceasar on to ceasar, that became the popular advert for tax payment and a meeting point for the state and the church.
Re: Should The Lagos State Govt Use Religious Figures To Urge People To Pay Their Tax? by morpheus24: 6:30pm On Jul 28, 2008
When they stop embezzling the ones they are collecting then they can enforce payment of taxes by any means necessary
Re: Should The Lagos State Govt Use Religious Figures To Urge People To Pay Their Tax? by Mustay(m): 9:32am On Jul 29, 2008
idupaul:

He said in the bible, give what is ceasar on to ceasar, that became the popular advert for tax payment and a meeting point for the state and the church.

thot u meant an ad shocked shocked
Re: Should The Lagos State Govt Use Religious Figures To Urge People To Pay Their Tax? by Hardballer(m): 10:38am On Jul 31, 2008
the govt needs that tax money---nigerians are very religious ----they know this----they will exploit this---if other methods failed this should work
Re: Should The Lagos State Govt Use Religious Figures To Urge People To Pay Their Tax? by samorijack(m): 11:13am On Aug 01, 2008
@leeport
I quite agree, I was disgusted seeing Pastor Adeboye, in my opinion making a fool of himself, THERE'RE PLENTY OF WORTHIER CAUSES HE COULD HAVE LENT HIS CELEBRITY TO , SHAME
Re: Should The Lagos State Govt Use Religious Figures To Urge People To Pay Their Tax? by Mustay(m): 11:23am On Aug 01, 2008
samorijack:

@leeport
I quite agree, I was disgusted seeing Pastor Adeboye, in my opinion making a fool of himself, THERE'RE PLENTY OF WORTHIER CAUSES HE COULD HAVE LENT HIS CELEBRITY TO , SHAME

I never knew he was a celebrity
Re: Should The Lagos State Govt Use Religious Figures To Urge People To Pay Their Tax? by angel101(f): 11:27am On Aug 01, 2008
the govt needs to first demonstrate to its people how the  taxes would be utilised to change their lot. as it stands, the average nigerian has no faith in the govt (and for good reason too)
I mean if individuals are having to perform the infrastrucutral duties meant for the govt, why would they be willing to pay tax however the msg is put across.
Re: Should The Lagos State Govt Use Religious Figures To Urge People To Pay Their Tax? by samorijack(m): 11:35am On Aug 01, 2008
Oh yes my brother Adeboye is a celebrity, no wonder he needs $20 million dollars to buy a private jet, only celebs do that wink
Re: Should The Lagos State Govt Use Religious Figures To Urge People To Pay Their Tax? by Kobojunkie: 12:19pm On Aug 01, 2008
angel101:

the govt needs to first demonstrate to its people how the  taxes would be utilised to change their lot. as it stands, the average nigerian has no faith in the govt (and for good reason too)
I mean if individuals are having to perform the infrastrucutral duties meant for the govt, why would they be willing to pay tax however the msg is put across.

Exactomundo!
Re: Should The Lagos State Govt Use Religious Figures To Urge People To Pay Their Tax? by Gonorrhea(m): 12:22pm On Aug 01, 2008
samorijack:

Oh yes my brother Adeboye is a celebrity, no wonder he needs $20 million dollars to buy a private jet, only celebs do that wink

adeboye is a celebrity?shuooo, shocked

nigeria is funny, everyone is a celebrity in nigeria, even roadside beggars!

(1) (Reply)

Was Mccains' Choice Politically Expedient? / Hillary Clinton Farts During Debate (click The Link To See The Video) / How will Senate and House of Rep. member react on the issue of dividing Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.