Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,690 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:51 PM

Is it wise to accept a N1m bank loan to return N1.44m in 2 years? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Is it wise to accept a N1m bank loan to return N1.44m in 2 years? (1289 Views)

Is It Wise To Start A Business With Loan / How To Re-Negotiate A Bad Bank Loan / Would You Buy A Car With A Bank Loan? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is it wise to accept a N1m bank loan to return N1.44m in 2 years? by thehunted(m): 1:47pm On Dec 09, 2013
hi nairalanders,
pls i need your advice . Last week access bank offered to give my office 20m as loan. Each staff can borrow 1m and return the sum of 1.44m in 2 years time. My office will offset the loan every month.

Now i know that it is risky borrowing from the bank but i intend to use it for a profitable business. I earn 200k monthly (gross) with no other allowances. Now to the business i want to use it for:

if i get 1m from the bank,i will add my own 400k to make it 1.4m. 1.4m can get me 2 volkswagen vanagon buses for transportation business. And these two buses can fetch me 2m each. That is,i can give one out to whoever will pay me 2m each over a duration of 50 weeks( 40k per week). The driver takes care of repairs and servicing. In summary, I am collecting a loan of 1m and will payback 1.44m in 2 years time. And my return on the business i want to use it for is 4m in 1 year.

Do you guys think i should go ahead to collect this loan? My office will serve as guarantor.

Re: Is it wise to accept a N1m bank loan to return N1.44m in 2 years? by Etfash(m): 2:03pm On Dec 09, 2013
Hello,
I will suggest you don't take the loan!
Have you done transportation business before? If yes how recent? The truth is, it is not advisable to borrow money to start such businesses. Some people will put you in more problems, eventually you will be servicing the loan and be fixing the vehicle.

My options:
If you earn #200k monthly, can you draw up a plan to accumulate 500k over a 6 months period? IT IS POSSIBLE, EVEN IF YOU ARE MARRIED BECAUSE IF YOU SHOULD LOSE THAT JOB TODAY, YOU AND YOUR HOUSEHOLD WOULD STILL SURVIVE! This is because from what you have said, each vanagon will cost you 700k, you already have 400k. Start with one vehicle and your own money, see how the business goes, learn very well from it and then grow from there.
If you heed my advice, i assure you in 2 years, you will not be in that employment again because the few lines above, hard work and God's hand with you would have changed your story.
Regards.

5 Likes

Re: Is it wise to accept a N1m bank loan to return N1.44m in 2 years? by thehunted(m): 2:17pm On Dec 09, 2013
Etfash: Hello,
Have you done transportation business before? If yes how recent? The truth is, it is not advisable to borrow money to start such businesses. Some people will put you in more problems, eventually you will be servicing the loan and be fixing the vehicle.

My options:
If you earn #200k monthly, can you draw up a plan to accumulate 500k over a 6 months period? IT IS POSSIBLE, EVEN IF YOU ARE MARRIED BECAUSE IF YOU SHOULD LOSE THAT JOB TODAY, YOU AND YOUR HOUSEHOLD WOULD STILL SURVIVE! This is because from what you have said, each vanagon will cost you 700k, you already have 400k. Start with one vehicle and your own money, see how the business goes, learn very well from it and then grow from there.
If you heed my advice, i assure you in 2 years, you will not be in that employment again because the few lines above, hard work and God's hand with you would have changed your story.
Regards.

thanks for your reply. Actually the driver takes the car and is responsible for the servicing,repairs and co. After giving me the 2m ,it becomes his. so I dont need to spend on servicing the buses.
Re: Is it wise to accept a N1m bank loan to return N1.44m in 2 years? by Debeloved87(m): 2:58pm On Dec 09, 2013
If you are collectin 200k,i dnt tink u nid to borrow to enter into bizness,just be patient and save up; but if u want to collect the loan i hop the company wil be kind enough to retain you til ur loan is completely offset.....hweva i wish u all the best

3 Likes

Re: Is it wise to accept a N1m bank loan to return N1.44m in 2 years? by thehunted(m): 3:01pm On Dec 09, 2013
Debeloved87: If you are collectin 200k,i dnt tink u nid to borrow to enter into bizness,just be patient and save up; but if u want to collect the loan i hop the company wil be kind enough to retain you til ur loan is completely offset.....hweva i wish u all the best

200k gross. it becomes far less than that after tax and pension.
Anyway,thanks for the advice.
Re: Is it wise to accept a N1m bank loan to return N1.44m in 2 years? by dremoney(m): 3:51pm On Dec 09, 2013

My options:

Please can you help draw up the plan? 500k in 6months and even if hes married?

so what happens to

Tithe
Income tax
Pension
Transport
Feeding
Generator fuel
Phcn
Dstv
And other sundry expenses? abi na waka tinz to work ontop rag day everyday

I lol
Regards.
Re: Is it wise to accept a N1m bank loan to return N1.44m in 2 years? by Nobody: 8:08pm On Dec 09, 2013
go ahead bro...buy the two vanagon youve already calculate the risk involve...good luck...
Re: Is it wise to accept a N1m bank loan to return N1.44m in 2 years? by Nobody: 8:14pm On Dec 09, 2013

My options:
Regards.
Rule 1: Never jump into a business you don't understand. A word is enough for the wise.

3 Likes

Re: Is it wise to accept a N1m bank loan to return N1.44m in 2 years? by favourume(f): 8:28pm On Dec 09, 2013
thehunted:

thanks for your reply. Actually the driver takes the car and is responsible for the servicing,repairs and co. After giving me the 2m ,it becomes his. so I dont need to spend on servicing the buses.

My broda, i have worked in Access Bank before and i know that what you are getting is a very good bargain, because if you had applied on your own, you wont get it. But you have to consider that you are been charged 22% interest. But i have some points for you to consider

1. Is there a way you can save and buy one (work with that 1 bus and from the interest buy ur next bus)

2. If you can drive these bus yourself (i knew someone who worked in Lekki and has a bus, he drives it form Ikorodu picking up passages and yet dont need to employ someone)

If you can do this, then work one getting the just one bus.
Re: Is it wise to accept a N1m bank loan to return N1.44m in 2 years? by Nobody: 9:37pm On Dec 09, 2013
thehunted: hi nairalanders,
pls i need your advice . Last week access bank offered to give my office 20m as loan. Each staff can borrow 1m and return the sum of 1.44m in 2 years time. My office will offset the loan every month.

Now i know that it is risky borrowing from the bank but i intend to use it for a profitable business. I earn 200k monthly (gross) with no other allowances. Now to the business i want to use it for:

if i get 1m from the bank,i will add my own 400k to make it 1.4m. 1.4m can get me 2 volkswagen vanagon buses for transportation business. And these two buses can fetch me 2m each. That is,i can give one out to whoever will pay me 2m each over a duration of 50 weeks( 40k per week). The driver takes care of repairs and servicing. In summary, I am collecting a loan of 1m and will payback 1.44m in 2 years time. And my return on the business i want to use it for is 4m in 1 year.

Do you guys think i should go ahead to collect this loan? My office will serve as guarantor.

dude don't ever make that mistake of investing in transport business if you won't be the one to drive those buses yourself or you won't have time to monitor those drivers on route.. I repeat myself, don't ever make that mistake...
Those drivers are crooks and you ll get frustrated no matter what.. I'm talking from personal experience.. Forget about any undertaking or legal oath they ll swear, transport business is a No No if you are not a motor park thug yourself or a driver... My two spoons

4 Likes

Re: Is it wise to accept a N1m bank loan to return N1.44m in 2 years? by EngrFelix1(m): 4:58am On Dec 11, 2013
thehunted: hi nairalanders,

I have a great business with 100% return so please download and read through the file below and if you are interested, don't fail to contact me as soon as possible.....

Re: Is it wise to accept a N1m bank loan to return N1.44m in 2 years? by kaysy(m): 1:04pm On Dec 11, 2013
Am also in need of a loan of N200,000 just to offset an urgent need, i will pay back in June or July 2014. mail me at kaysyxpress@yahoo.com
Re: Is it wise to accept a N1m bank loan to return N1.44m in 2 years? by Dancee1(m): 5:49pm On Dec 11, 2013
Dear, i will advice dat u forget about dat transportation business choice of yours as u are not going to handle it by urself. i hav had this transportation business experience and i didn`t enjoy it at all. infact,it almost frustrated me as d drivers were telling stories of their not being able to succeed due to breakdowns and accident stories. so u see? if u must collect dat loan,then make sure u invest it into a business dat does n`t move from place to place. pls stay away from transportation unless u will be totally involved in it and besides, it depreciates with time. Don`t say u were not told.

(1) (Reply)

With N20.000 Which Importation Business Am i Gonna En-back On / BVN (diaspora): Do Both Signatories To A Joint Account Need To Register? / Asaba Are Your Ready? Unique Skill Empowerment Training From 26th - 30th July!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 131
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.