Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,715 members, 7,813,360 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:15 AM

Quick Question For RHD TO LHD Conversions (car Experts Welcome To Answer) - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Quick Question For RHD TO LHD Conversions (car Experts Welcome To Answer) (798 Views)

Rhd Car Conversion To Lhd Car / Beware Of Cars Converted In Nigeria From RHD To LHD! / Right Hand Drive (RHD) To Left Hand Drive (LHD) Conversion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Quick Question For RHD TO LHD Conversions (car Experts Welcome To Answer) by itsadey: 2:52pm On Dec 09, 2013
Hey all

Basically im shipping my BMW 645 to lagos this week. What are the cost implications of converting to lhd ( if it can be done ) and whats the status on the RHD ban in nigeria? I know a couple of people who drive expensive cars that are rhd only and there dont seem to be any problems.
Re: Quick Question For RHD TO LHD Conversions (car Experts Welcome To Answer) by Ykman(m): 4:28pm On Dec 09, 2013
U'll def prone to incessant woriies and disturbances from police ppl u know. So its advisable u take d pains to do the conversion. Costs 150-200k, depending on the model. I know a few hands that are experts!
Re: Quick Question For RHD TO LHD Conversions (car Experts Welcome To Answer) by itsadey: 4:41pm On Dec 09, 2013
@ykman experts in converting a bmw 645?
Re: Quick Question For RHD TO LHD Conversions (car Experts Welcome To Answer) by Mlud: 1:38am On Dec 10, 2013
If you must convert a car from RHD to LHD in Nigeria make it a fairly simple car that car "converters" have done repeatedly and have some experience of. Run about Japanese saloons, older European cars and Peugeot 406s come to mind. The older the car the better. Some claim a good success rate with newer cars (up to 8 years old) and I'm sure some of them are quite good.

However if you convert a car such as the BMW 645 coupe I suspect your days of truly enjoying that car are over.

Really you are not seriously considering this are you?

1 Like

Re: Quick Question For RHD TO LHD Conversions (car Experts Welcome To Answer) by itsadey: 3:35am On Dec 10, 2013
Mlud: If you must convert a car from RHD to LHD in Nigeria make it a fairly simple car that car "converters" have done repeatedly and have some experience of. Run about Japanese saloons, older European cars and Peugeot 406s come to mind. The older the car the better. Some claim a good success rate with newer cars (up to 8 years old) and I'm sure some of them are quite good.

However if you convert a car such as the BMW 645 coupe I suspect your days of truly enjoying that car are over.

Really you are not seriously considering this are you?

To be honest, i dont mind taking the risk driving the car in its current RHD state. I also dont mind selling the car but ive had to move back to lagos due to some unforseen circumstances so im just curious really to see if it can be done. I will be buying either a 2013 6 series or an R8 from the US but this was just to last me till then.
Re: Quick Question For RHD TO LHD Conversions (car Experts Welcome To Answer) by annytee(m): 5:57am On Dec 12, 2013
Ykman!:
U'll def prone to incessant woriies and disturbances from police ppl u know. So its advisable u take d pains to do the conversion. Costs 150-200k, depending on the model. I know a few hands that are experts!
please do you know the cost of converting a ford transit bus, long chasis.
Re: Quick Question For RHD TO LHD Conversions (car Experts Welcome To Answer) by Nobody: 1:17pm On Dec 15, 2013
annytee: please do you know the cost of converting a ford transit bus, long chasis.

ALWAYS state the model year of the vehicle you're making enquiries about!
Re: Quick Question For RHD TO LHD Conversions (car Experts Welcome To Answer) by annytee(m): 2:07pm On Dec 18, 2013
Siena:

ALWAYS state the model year of the vehicle you're making enquiries about!
thanks for the response, its ford transit van 1999 model

(1) (Reply)

How To Check For Tyre Punctures / Leaks? / Techs In The House, 2014 ALLDATA / Chrysler Crossfire Coupe AC Issue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.