Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,481 members, 7,830,426 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:56 PM

Warning From FRSC Please Read Carefully, It May Save Your Life - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Warning From FRSC Please Read Carefully, It May Save Your Life (1548 Views)

FRSC Officials In Ibadan Sitting In Their Van Carelessly / FRSC Reveals Real Cost Of Obtaining A Driver's Licence / Don’t Get Your Vehicle Impounded. New Directive From Frsc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Warning From FRSC Please Read Carefully, It May Save Your Life by gratiaeo(m): 5:21pm On Dec 09, 2013
The Federal Road Safety Commission has just come out with the concept of “ICE”..Please read carefully, it may save your life or that of someone you know "We all carry our mobile phones with names & numbers stored in its memory. If we were to be involved in an accident or were taken ill, the people attending us would have our mobile phone but wouldn't know who to call. Yes, there are hundreds of numbers stored but which one is the contact person in case of an emergency? Hence this 'ICE' (In Case of Emergency) Campaign. The concept of 'ICE' is catching on quickly. It is a method of contact during emergency situations. As mobile phones are carried by the majority of the population, all you need to do is store the number of a contact person or persons who should be contacted during emergency under the name 'ICE' ( In Case Of Emergency). The idea was thought up by a paramedic who found that when he went to the scenes of accidents there were always mobile phones with patients but they didn't know which number to call. He therefore thought that it would be a good idea if there was a nationally recognized name for this purpose. In an emergency situation, Emergency Service personnel and hospital staff would be able to quickly contact the right person by simply dialling the number you have stored as 'ICE'. Please forward this. It won't take too many 'forwards' before everybody will know about this. It really could save your life, or put a loved one's mind at rest. For more than one contact name simply enter ICE1, ICE2 and ICE3 etc. PASS THIS AROUND AS MANY PEOPLE AS POSSIBLE AS THIS CAN HELP IN AN EMERGENCY"..From the Federal Road Safety Commission.
Re: Warning From FRSC Please Read Carefully, It May Save Your Life by donphilopus: 5:27pm On Dec 09, 2013
This' a good idea! Atleast, incase of any accident (which is inevitable in Nigeria's road), the victims' loved ones would be at rest.
Re: Warning From FRSC Please Read Carefully, It May Save Your Life by gratiaeo(m): 5:31pm On Dec 09, 2013
Mod move to front page for awareness
Re: Warning From FRSC Please Read Carefully, It May Save Your Life by donphilopus: 6:00pm On Dec 09, 2013
gratiaeo: Mod move to front page for awareness
Supported!
Re: Warning From FRSC Please Read Carefully, It May Save Your Life by phantom(m): 6:05pm On Dec 09, 2013
supported! But how do i store my sweetems name as ICE and sweetem at the same time?
Re: Warning From FRSC Please Read Carefully, It May Save Your Life by Adeoba10(m): 6:26pm On Dec 09, 2013
Wat a gud idea... I tink d netwak provider can alxo help, concerning diz issue, 2 to 3numbers can be registered wit dem n alxo on phonebooks, instead of saving ACCOUNT BALANCE, FAF, CUSTOMER CARE, n MY NUMBER on phone. Let's spread diz info. ACCIDENT wil nt b our portion in d year n 4eva.
Re: Warning From FRSC Please Read Carefully, It May Save Your Life by ifyalways(f): 6:37pm On Dec 09, 2013
Another important information for those that lock their phones(with passwords), when traveling please unlock your phones. ICE won't work on a locked phone.

3 Likes

Re: Warning From FRSC Please Read Carefully, It May Save Your Life by gratiaeo(m): 6:53pm On Dec 09, 2013
ifyalways: Another important information for those that lock their phones(with passwords), when traveling please unlock your phones. ICE won't work on a locked phone.
On point
Re: Warning From FRSC Please Read Carefully, It May Save Your Life by Akpaife(m): 7:14pm On Dec 09, 2013
ifyalways: Another important information for those that lock their phones(with passwords), when traveling please unlock your phones. ICE won't work on a locked phone.
U talk sense more dan those dat say we should put ICE number
Re: Warning From FRSC Please Read Carefully, It May Save Your Life by Sloan: 7:32pm On Dec 09, 2013
This is incompetence of a country! Why giving up the fight to create a good life for the people with ICE contact? Is the objective to save the life of any accident victim or to call their emergency contact - to come and do what exactly? Nigerians have been so impoverished in body and mind, they cannot even think straight again! Why medicine after death strategies rather than proactive, preventive and on the spot medical care for any injured persons, reduce accidents to 0.0001% per year - at least Nigeria has no snow or frozen roads in which case vehicles can slide into the ditch? By every means let people carry emergency numbers but how will this number to be called by FRSC or rescuers help an accident victim who needs immediate medical attention?

Would it not be better to aspire to such standard of healthcare, like it is in developed countries, where if an accident does happen anywhere within city limits, the ambulance, police, sometimes fire department are on the spot in minutes, 5 minutes, all arriving about the same time or as soon as possible? As soon as the ambulance arrives, medical treatment will begin immediately, to preserve life (first aid, oxygen gas mask, assisted breathing, defibrillation, etc) while being loaded into an ambulance and being transported to the hospital immediately? In outlying areas, you can expect an helicopter ambulance to arrive and have the patient airlifted right onto the top of the hospital building where he will be moved into emergency treatment without any human traffic in his way! After all that and if the person does pass, you can be content and thank God that you did everything in your power to save their lives! And of course, only the worst cases of accidents result in instant casualties. This is what Nigerians should be looking to and be celebrating not a phone number to call when their kin has already passed on due to poor healthcare or near zero emergency response! angry angry angry

5 Likes

Re: Warning From FRSC Please Read Carefully, It May Save Your Life by AZeD1(m): 11:47pm On Dec 09, 2013
My thoughts exactly. The so called ICE would only work if you can unlock my phone.
Re: Warning From FRSC Please Read Carefully, It May Save Your Life by dgitrader(m): 3:48am On Dec 10, 2013
They should focus on good and speedy Emergency health services for accident victims! Rather than truamatizing the helpless, cashless or unavailable 'ICE' who might be hundreds of kilomitres away.
Is it In this era of passworded phones?
Or is it in cases where some hospitals refuse to treat unless they get cash deposit?
Well, make sure the 'ICE' isnt old or hypertensive, so as to avoid remote fatality!!
FRSC should also note that a good number of transporters still do without passenger manifest.

Should the accident be in a remote village, which of these two might work better... 'ICE' or 'MY XYZ...'?
e.g my brother.. my neighbour.. my pastor.. my principal.. my doctor.. my xyz.. my abc...
Re: Warning From FRSC Please Read Carefully, It May Save Your Life by Nobody: 4:38am On Dec 10, 2013
To me it's still a welcome development, after taking good care of the accident victims who should they inform about there condition? There are some many instances when one will need to make calls from a particular person's phone but won't know who to call.
Re: Warning From FRSC Please Read Carefully, It May Save Your Life by Nobody: 4:41am On Dec 10, 2013
dgitrader:
FRSC should also note that a good number of transporters still do without passenger manifest.
Should the accident be in a remote village, which of these two might work better... 'ICE' or 'MY XYZ...'?
e.g my brother.. my neighbour.. my pastor.. my principal.. my doctor.. my xyz.. my abc...
This is still ok and better.
Re: Warning From FRSC Please Read Carefully, It May Save Your Life by kwaraauto: 7:11am On Dec 10, 2013
ICE works on my phone when it is locked . All phones are not the same. It's a good idea sha.
Re: Warning From FRSC Please Read Carefully, It May Save Your Life by abatically(m): 7:27am On Dec 10, 2013
almost all phone users lock their phones. The only people that don't lock their phones are the elderly ones.. so how would ICE work?

(1) (Reply)

Frankfurt Motor Show 2015 Preview (A-Z 2015 Car Pictures) / Fatal Accident Involving A BRT Bus And A Toyota Camry On 3rd Mainland Bridge / This Is What Tyres Of The Future Could Look Like

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.