Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,431 members, 7,954,696 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 07:29 AM

Nigerian To Hang For Drugs - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Nigerian To Hang For Drugs (581 Views)

Indonesia Executes Eight Prisoners Including Nigerians For Drugs Offences / Felix Okafor, Jailed 263 Years In The US For Drugs / Three Nigerian Students To Hang For Trafficking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian To Hang For Drugs by IleIfe2(m): 6:05pm On Dec 09, 2013
Print 27 November 2013| last updated at 12:08AM

ALOR STAR: A Nigerian student in a private college in Kuala Lumpur was sentenced to death by the High Court yesterday for trafficking in 6.49 kg cannabis last year.

Judicial commissioner Datuk Mohd Zaki Abdul Wahab held that the prosecution had proved its case beyond reasonable doubt against Pius Emmanuel David, 33.

Pius was found guilty of committing the offence at an express bus station in Sungai Petani on Jan 25, last year, at 9.15pm.
In his defence, the accused claimed that he was unaware of the drugs being in his possession and blamed his friend, who allegedly took his luggage when the latter sent him to a hotel in Changlun.

However, Zaki, in his judgment, said that the court found the defence as illogical as it was hard to believe the accused did not bother to check the contents of the bag after it was returned to him.

Read more: Nigerian to hang for drugs - General - New Straits Times http://www.nst.com.my/nation/general/nigerian-to-hang-for-drugs-1.413358#ixzz2mzwyPOf4
Re: Nigerian To Hang For Drugs by Afam4eva(m): 6:16pm On Dec 09, 2013
People get setup all the time, that's why it's imperative that you know whom to trust. Personally, i wouldn't carry a luggage for someone when travelling. I remember the story of one Tochukwu who travelled to Asia to play football only to be arrested for drugs that he knew nothing about. The drug was stuffed by his agent(i think). I remember Obasanjo pleasing for his release but the authorities did not listen. He was hanged a few years back.
Re: Nigerian To Hang For Drugs by 4Wilywily: 6:19pm On Dec 09, 2013
Malaysia Judges should come to Ekiti State,
If Malaysia Judges come to Ekiti State, the first day of their sittings will see half population of Yorubas tried and sentenced to Death.
Re: Nigerian To Hang For Drugs by Mynd44: 6:20pm On Dec 09, 2013
Re: Nigerian To Hang For Drugs by Mynd44: 6:20pm On Dec 09, 2013
When will people learn not to give others their bag to hold or collect another person's bag while traveling?
Re: Nigerian To Hang For Drugs by Afam4eva(m): 6:22pm On Dec 09, 2013
Mynd_44: When will people learn not to give others their bag to hold or collect another person's bag while traveling?
It's due to carelessness. I won't even let people i know tamper with my luggage how much more strangers.
Re: Nigerian To Hang For Drugs by Mynd44: 6:29pm On Dec 09, 2013
Afam4eva:
It's due to carelessness. I won't even let people i know tamper with my luggage how much more strangers.
i have heard of a case where a guy was at the airport waiting for a flight and he saw a cousin of his who unknown to him was been followed by the NDLEA. The cousin told him he was going to the bathroom and he should help hold his bag. He collected the bag just as the authorities came to search both of them and he was taken away leaving the cousin who played innocent
Re: Nigerian To Hang For Drugs by Dannylux: 7:30pm On Dec 09, 2013
Life is too short.. waste/spend it wisely.

(1) (Reply)

Question About Rapes In India / Armed Men Attack Liberia Ebola Clinic, 29 Patients Flee / Pres. Jonathan Reacts To Richestlifestyle.com List Of Richest African Presidents

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.