Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,293 members, 7,829,671 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:23 AM

Corruption In Nigeria - What Are Your Suggested Solutions - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Corruption In Nigeria - What Are Your Suggested Solutions (9004 Views)

Delta State: N773 Billion Debt. Largest In Nigeria. What Was Done With The Debt? / 6 Types Of Voters In Nigeria. What Type Are You? / If You Are The President Of Nigeria, What Will You Do Differently? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Corruption In Nigeria - What Are Your Suggested Solutions by BigB11(m): 7:23pm On Jul 29, 2008
The fundamental objective of my suggestion is so that we will have a framework to tackle corruption that will stand the test of time. It may not yield fruits immediately but it will put us on the right direction and provide an opportunity for everyone to move on.

It looks good on the paper as usual, but the reality is: In a land where corruption is also the king, this type of strategy will not even register. There are too many invisible forces vigorously fighting against weak suggestions like this one.
In fact, I could name many other folks that have come up with similar ideas in the past; and where are they today?

1. They've given up and also already joined the group or gang e.g Odili, Tinubu etc.
or
2. They are no longer with us e.g Bola Ige, Funso Williams etc.

Trust me, my man!

Just revise the constitution and witness wonders in Nigeria.
Re: Corruption In Nigeria - What Are Your Suggested Solutions by McKren(m): 7:26pm On Jul 29, 2008
Well I dont understand why such invisible forces will accept execution any faster??
Re: Corruption In Nigeria - What Are Your Suggested Solutions by BigB11(m): 7:30pm On Jul 29, 2008
Revision of the constitution is powerful and much bigger than anybody.
It is the law.
To stand against it would publicly reveal your indirect intention and will also directly label you as the enemy of progress.
Do not be fooled by anyone, if the president wants it done, it shall certainly be done.

Just let them pass it and we shall all see.
Re: Corruption In Nigeria - What Are Your Suggested Solutions by McKren(m): 7:36pm On Jul 29, 2008
How times have we attempted to revise the constitution and how many has worked?

Why will a constitution revision that sees a death penalty for embezzlers work a group of people who are arguably the most powerful and who will have more influence on any constitution review.

BigB1 this topic is too serious to come up with trivial suggestions as death penalty because u know in your hearts that such proposal will not see the light of day.
Re: Corruption In Nigeria - What Are Your Suggested Solutions by BigB11(m): 7:38pm On Jul 29, 2008
It sounds crazy, but we shall see,
Re: Corruption In Nigeria - What Are Your Suggested Solutions by vigasimple(m): 7:46pm On Jul 29, 2008
There is a saying that a drastic issue require drastic measures.

We are getting very close to when corruption and fraudlulent practice may become a death penalty issues because the whole fabric of society is weaken because of inadequate or inability to enforce strict penalty.

In some countries and sometimes back in Nigeria, if you are caught with drugs is death penalty. And i will argue that a corrupted person/fraudster is no different from a drug courier.

I truly appreciate that everybody is coming up with something and hopeful we will be able to reach some consensus and somehow the willpower to carry it out. I think the Military has missed a good opportunity to do this. Bhuari and Idiagbon tried and Nigerians were complaining, now see where we are now.

Everybody should keep thinking on the best solutions. As it has been suggested early on by Big B1 (whom I never agree anything with as he is IBB biggest supporter) but i agree with him completely on this one with respect to his long list. 90% + are corrupt or open to corruption or being corrupted.

Lord have mercy
Re: Corruption In Nigeria - What Are Your Suggested Solutions by beninman(m): 9:43pm On Jul 29, 2008
Corruption in Nigeria, what can we do to stop it, right? Harsh punishment is the key to stopping the corruptions in our country Nigeria

Fine guilty of corruption in the court face up to 100 years in Prison or Death penalty will be the only way top stop it because just asking Nigerians to stop will not work.

DEATH PENALTY will be the only key and any one found guilty must be killed like the way we use to kill Armed Rubbers (Anini, Osunbor, Iyamu and the rest) in Benin back in the days. Public execution will be better.

How to stop Nigeria corruption:
1.   Impose a death penalty
2.   Public execution to those guilty of corruption
3.   Kill those guilty immediately without delay

If you want to know how serious corruption crimes are, go to China and just try and corrupt a little bit and let them catch you! No body will tell you what is going to happen to you and your family, you will know it yourself.
Re: Corruption In Nigeria - What Are Your Suggested Solutions by BigB11(m): 2:47am On Jul 30, 2008
Rock On! cool
Re: Corruption In Nigeria - What Are Your Suggested Solutions by Hardballer(m): 9:32am On Jul 30, 2008
@Benin man you took the words out of my mouth , we need regulators, people who will kill the wicked people in the govt that is the only way
Re: Corruption In Nigeria - What Are Your Suggested Solutions by Gonorrhea(m): 9:35am On Jul 30, 2008
Solutions must be out of this world because corruption has eaten deep into the mind and soul of Nigerians

Even foetuses in the womb are already plotting how to be part of the corruption-merry-go-round, when they make it out!
Re: Corruption In Nigeria - What Are Your Suggested Solutions by beninman(m): 2:46pm On Jul 30, 2008
Corruption in Nigeria, what can we do to stop it, right? Harsh punishment is the key to stopping the corruptions in our country Nigeria

Fine guilty of corruption in the court face up to 100 years in Prison or Death penalty will be the only way top stop it because just asking Nigerians to stop will not work.

DEATH PENALTY will be the only key and any one found guilty must be killed like the way we use to kill Armed Rubbers (Anini, Osunbor, Iyamu and the rest) in Benin back in the days. Public execution will be better.

1. Impose a death penalty
2. Public execution to those guilty of corruption
3. Kill those guilty immediately without delay

If you want to know how serious corruption crimes are, go to China and just try and corrupt a little bit and let them catch you! No body will tell you what is going to happen to you and your family, you will know it yourself.
Re: Corruption In Nigeria - What Are Your Suggested Solutions by madamkoko: 3:12pm On Jul 30, 2008
1) Nigeria should CHANGE her name and reject the symbol of being a colony

2) BAN Religion

3) Continous leadership classes and workshops for leaders

4) Instill PRIDE/nationalism

5) Create tangible and useful policies and measurements that are acheiveable

6) Remove all OLD heads in positions of power

7) Make sure that the cycle of corruption does not continue with the next generation.
Re: Corruption In Nigeria - What Are Your Suggested Solutions by madamkoko: 3:14pm On Jul 30, 2008
1. Impose a death penalty not only on the official but also on family members that have benefitted from corruption (like Obasanjo and his daughter and daughter in law/Babagangida and co, or Abacha and co)

I concur!!!!!!!
Re: Corruption In Nigeria - What Are Your Suggested Solutions by Nobody: 3:22pm On Jul 30, 2008
I never knew I would say this, but I suggest a revolution. We storm Aso Rock and chase those monsters out of our resources.
Re: Corruption In Nigeria - What Are Your Suggested Solutions by madamkoko: 3:24pm On Jul 30, 2008
@ Ujujoan

I totally agree with you. Fight for our rights like African Americans did in the 1960s, Fight for our rights like the South Africans did recently, Fight for what rightly belongs to us like MEND militants in the North.  grin grin grin

Nigeria needs the IRON HAND. We need to BURN men like Obasanjo. We need to make examples of pigs and fraudulent monsters.
Re: Corruption In Nigeria - What Are Your Suggested Solutions by faoni572(m): 3:39pm On Jul 30, 2008
1.   Impose a death penalty
2.   Public execution to those guilty of corruption
3.   Kill those guilty immediately without delay
I agree with these ones, by the time it happens to four or five persons, we will caution ourself

Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Thailand and many other countries are mostly doing well today, because their constitution is firmed and doesn't permit rubbish.
Some very good examples here

But to me Nigeria is a country where nothing works, Nigeria problems defile all solutions, the person who will execute the gulty ones can be corrupted by giving him bribe

Firstly the problem/cause of the corruption is not actually the abuse of power, but the love of money. Every Tom, Dick and Harry (Femi, Aziz and Obi) not only wants to survive, but they aspire to be "big boys" and flash money, houses and cars all over the place. Once the lay people realize that integrity needs to come before getting money and in turn educate their children to have these same values, then arresting, hanging, or whatever else you want to do to the bureaucratic monkeys in power will not change a thing.
Actually you are correct but remember that it is the situation in Nigeria that cause people to be running after money. it wasn't like this in the olden days. Like what I heard you could leave your goods outside and just put price tags on it. By the time you would come back it is either you see your goods or money if somebody have bought it.

For me to stop Nigeria corruption:
1.   Impose a death penalty
2.   Public execution to those guilty of corruption
3.   Kill those guilty immediately without delay
4.   Govenment should provide basic amenities like good road, good working condition, provide electricity, try to make prices of materials to come
      down and good governance.
Re: Corruption In Nigeria - What Are Your Suggested Solutions by BigB11(m): 4:45pm On Jul 30, 2008
Message for Yaradua:
No need to further waste our time and money; at this point:
Don't bother to give us constant power supply
Don't bother to give us constant water supply
Don't bother to improve education standard in Nigeria
Forget the medical system in Nigeria
And also forget improving the infrastructure.

Just give us a priceless gift and revise the constitution of our country; By immediately imposing the public execution of any convicted corrupt entities (after Oct 2008).
Once the death penalty is back on the block (imposed), I guarantee you guys that all of us will immediately witness automatic constant power/ water supply. All these necessary amenities and the other impossible things will become feasible naturally in a very short period.

Why do you want these folks to continue to take us for a long ride?
Why do you want them to continue to waste our money on improving power sector and other invisible projects?
Why do you want EFCC to continue to chase these folks (governors) in a circle?
Why do you want crisis in Niger Delta to continue?
Why do you want to continue to deal with snow in whiteman's countries?
How long and how many of us are still willing to continue to escape from Nigeria to be slave drivers in other countries?

Do not let us continue to fool ourselves any longer; Nigerians are too damn smart to be anybody's fools.
Support the implementation of death penalty today and see your country fly high once again.

I'm sorry guys, anything else will be nothing but a waste of time and money.

Absolutely, nothing else will work, I guarantee you!
Re: Corruption In Nigeria - What Are Your Suggested Solutions by beninman(m): 2:40am On Jul 31, 2008

Re: Corruption In Nigeria - What Are Your Suggested Solutions by vigasimple(m): 2:31pm On Aug 01, 2008
beninman:

You seems to make a good point. However, I think maybe in doing this, one time one off amnesty to be offerred to ones that are prepare to co-operate and declare and return all the loot. failing that I suggest that the first round of the trial and execution is to pick eqaul number of people from each tribe as an example.

The purpose is to show the country itis not about any part of the country being deliberately persecuted.

By the time we got to the first maybe second full round public bar beach style execution, you will see people coming out to declare and prepare to return their ill gotten loot. NIGERIANS ESPECIALLY THE BIG GUNS DON'T WANT TO DIE.

We need to start a fresh, there are more corruption in Nigeria that we dare admitt even among the people who are suppossed to guide our faith. (religious leaders)

Now., also what to do with the Armed forces because they are the most corrupt and also have the guns. What also about the law enforcement agents especially the police, they are the Champion of corruption.

Guys, like I said before change is never going to be easy. We need a visinoary leader. The whole thing is not about revenge on the people who have done the country wrong but to send a message that you cannot get  away with anything in this country.

Let us all keep coming up with other ideas.

And I will say to you that we would only be truly free, happy and have alll the basic things in life that we need if only we are able to overcome this particular issue of reducing corruption drastically. you will notice that I have not said to eliminate it as that is nearly impossible but at least reduce it to a bare minimum.

WITHOUT ERADICATION OF CORRUPTION ALL THE YAPPING OF OUR MOUTH WILL NOT GET US ANYWHERE.

GOB BLESS NIGERIA AND HER PEOPLE
Re: Corruption In Nigeria - What Are Your Suggested Solutions by onyinye2(f): 2:36pm On Aug 01, 2008
@post
If you want to solve the problems of Nigeria, you have to first start with the mentality. Everyone has this mentality of "You don't do anything for, then i aint doing anything for you" Until you rid these people of that mentality, Nigeria shall continue to suffer. When the people start showing that they can do better, then change will happen. When someone who has a brand new 09' car finally sees that what is the point of this car if the rodes are terrible. let me do something to help, then people will see that example and follow. Because a lot of people rather sit around with their friends eating kola nut and talk about all the problems in Nigeria, then actually do something.
Re: Corruption In Nigeria - What Are Your Suggested Solutions by airegin: 4:01pm On Aug 11, 2008
Our government / judiciary system don’t value equality and justice going by their act. They all get paid for doing nothing. The economy is in shambles, Man/woman are dying day in day out due to chaotic environment; worst bad roads, messed up health care system …and all these so called government parastatals keep embezzling money meant for the maintenance of their sectors. ICPC and EFCC should be ashamed of themselves. I think it is time Nigeria and Nigerians to take law into their own hands… if we have a corrupt fellow in our midst, who kept on walloping resources meant for the state/ country.
We should just kill them all ourselves; set them ablaze alive. Set their big house and car on fire while they are still in them. This is the same kind of punishment granted to arm robbers who stole loaf of bread, or armed robber who snatches purses worth N50 on the street. Corrupt officers did more harm than those petty armed robbers. Why do they deserve to live and for those robbers to die a shameful death of sort. May be if we kill at least 5/10 ex governors, ex / current ministers, hoping they all will learn…sit tight and do the right thing.
Re: Corruption In Nigeria - What Are Your Suggested Solutions by MrCrackles(m): 4:02pm On Aug 11, 2008
Guys dont kid yourselves, no solutions to be honest!
Re: Corruption In Nigeria - What Are Your Suggested Solutions by airegin: 4:05pm On Aug 11, 2008
@ Brash

Why do you say that?
Re: Corruption In Nigeria - What Are Your Suggested Solutions by MrCrackles(m): 4:34pm On Aug 11, 2008
airegin:

@ Brash

Why do you say that?

isnt it obvious that corruption has eaten deep into all of us?

even a foetus in the womb is already plotting how to avenge the corrupt deprivation of his/her parents?

everyone wants to be in a position where they would clean up and plunder resources

it has been built into our way of life and eradicating it would be like sucking River Niger with a straw in order to evaporate it in 1Hour!
Re: Corruption In Nigeria - What Are Your Suggested Solutions by madamkoko: 5:37pm On Aug 11, 2008
HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Funny guy!!! grin
Re: Corruption In Nigeria - What Are Your Suggested Solutions by chikend(m): 11:02pm On Aug 12, 2008
i've thought about it and have a couple of suggestions angry
but the truth of the matter is that this issue is like stripping a civilization of a culture it has nursed for many decades.corruption is now confirmed nigerian way of life . whatever suggestions we have will take multiples of these decades to work cry
Re: Corruption In Nigeria - What Are Your Suggested Solutions by vigasimple(m): 12:38am On Aug 13, 2008
chikend:

i've thought about it and have a couple of suggestions angry
but the truth of the matter is that this issue is like stripping a civilization of a culture it has nursed for many decades.corruption is now confirmed nigerian way of life . whatever suggestions we have will take multiples of these decades to work cry

A thousand mile journey start with the first step.

We did not arrive at where we are today just in few weeks or months, it has taken many years and whatever the solutions may take sometime but we have got to start somewhere and start now.

Infact, I predict that if we take a fair, workable and effective solution it will take less time and surprisingly quick to reduce to corruption to a bare minimum in Nigeria.

Just using Bhuari/Idiagbon regime as example, as soon as the regime execute 3 of the drug courier, the drug trafficking business went down over 90% because the message is sent loud and clear.

Everyone suggestion is welcomed so that we can begin to find new beginings.

God bless you guys
Re: Corruption In Nigeria - What Are Your Suggested Solutions by nigboy(m): 5:41pm On Aug 22, 2010
The problem is that almost everybody believes that Corruption in Nigeria can not be reduced.  We should be optimistic about the fight against corruption
Re: Corruption In Nigeria - What Are Your Suggested Solutions by MShittu: 6:36pm On Aug 22, 2010
Make we elect a young man who will fire all the old guys and out some fresh blood in the Nigerian Gov't. You dont know how far that'll go towards alleviating corruption in Nigeria
Re: Corruption In Nigeria - What Are Your Suggested Solutions by jamace(m): 7:41pm On Aug 22, 2010
I say start dropping them one at a time!

Message for Yaradua:
No need to further waste our time and money; at this point:
Don't bother to give us constant power supply
Don't bother to give us constant water supply
Don't bother to improve education standard in Nigeria
Forget the medical system in Nigeria
And also forget improving the infrastructure.

Just give us a priceless gift and revise the constitution of our country; By immediately imposing the public execution of any convicted corrupt entities (after Oct 2008).
Once the death penalty is back on the block (imposed), I guarantee you guys that all of us will immediately witness automatic constant power/ water supply. All these necessary amenities and the other impossible things will become feasible naturally in a very short period.

Why do you want these folks to continue to take us for a long ride?
Why do you want them to continue to waste our money on improving power sector and other invisible projects?
Why do you want EFCC to continue to chase these folks (governors) in a circle?
Why do you want crisis in Niger Delta to continue?
Why do you want to continue to deal with snow in whiteman's countries?
How long and how many of us are still willing to continue to escape from Nigeria to be slave drivers in other countries?

Do not let us continue to fool ourselves any longer; Nigerians are too damn smart to be anybody's fools.
Support the implementation of death penalty today and see your country fly high once again.

I'm sorry guys, anything else will be nothing but a waste of time and money.

Absolutely, nothing else will work, I guarantee you!

Big B1, good suggestion here. But do you know that your idol, IBB is the greatest culprit when we talk about corruption in Nigeria?
Re: Corruption In Nigeria - What Are Your Suggested Solutions by justfash50: 8:29pm On Oct 27, 2018
@op

Corruption is more aggravated at the federal and state level, so any solutions should address these core areas badly affected.

In addressing corruption in the country, we need to take it from the root first by redistributing our resources I.e with equity and equality.. We need to place every public servant on minimum wage I.e core civil servants, politicians etc, their allowance may slightly differ ; this action will reduce the influence, power and imbalance that kowtow many to amass wealth out of what they see as a loose system that enrich only the few.

Secondly, Strengthen the institutions to entrench Corporate good Governance across 3 arms of Government and MDA's. In strengthening, let them embark on a strategic reforms and ensure implementation is successfully carried out.

Thirdly, set up legal framework to expedite and address corruption cases. I support very stiff penalties for offenders here.

Fourthly, our law enforcement agencies should be strengthened with high tech tools in busting corruption.

Lastly, Regional Governance is the best, let all states fend for themselves and reduce unnecessary wastage at the center. Federal government should receive not more than 10% from the sharing formula.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Judges Raid: APC Exonerates Buhari, Urges Security Agencies To Respect Rule Of L / Mambilla Hydro Project, Fashola To Sign Contract Today / Accord Party Candidate, Admiral Usman Jibrin, Votes At His Polling Unit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.