Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,020 members, 7,818,022 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:59 AM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (1120) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3748668 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1117) (1118) (1119) (1120) (1121) (1122) (1123) ... (3834) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 12:05pm On Mar 02, 2019
olu4life:
Captain Marvel has lost in box office already due to the Brie Larson Scandal. Nawa o. She too dey jam talk sha angry

Was never eager to see the movie though.

Avengers 4 ooooo, can't wait cheesy
Capt Marvel has not lost anything 1 billion still loading
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by olu4life(m): 12:10pm On Mar 02, 2019
hulk616:
Capt Marvel has not lost anything 1 billion still loading
But you are aware the ratings have massively dropped and even Marvel had to reduce their expectations. Plus rotten tomato had to completely remove the ratings on their site at the rate it kept dropping from 80% to less than 30% due to the backlash

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by CosmicPhoenix: 12:12pm On Mar 02, 2019
which ratings are you taking about?do not confuse 'want to see' meter for ratings.movie never drop,this one dae talk ratings

olu4life:

But you are aware the ratings have massively dropped and even Marvel had to reduce their expectations. Plus rotten tomato had to completely remove the ratings on their site at the rate it kept dropping from 80% to less than 30% due to the backlash
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by olu4life(m): 12:20pm On Mar 02, 2019
CosmicPhoenix:
which ratings are you taking about?do not confuse 'want to see' meter for ratings.movie never drop,this one dae talk ratings

So tell me how the above doesnt have an effect on the movie.

Yes, they will make the money but wont hit the mark as initially intended.

Noting that it's the only movie ever to have such controversy and lowest ratings ever in the MCU World beforr release.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by CosmicPhoenix: 12:24pm On Mar 02, 2019
what mark?

olu4life:

So tell me how the above doesnt have an effect on the movie.

Yes, they will make the money but wont hit the mark as initially intended.

Noting that it's the only movie ever to have such controversy and lowest ratings ever in the MCU World beforr release.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by gustav25: 12:32pm On Mar 02, 2019
bobo65:

I enjoyed the movie o
Maybe cos I paid 800 for it at d cinema
The stunts were dope
Maybe u ain't an animation person

The story line is wacky

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by TheKingIsHere: 1:08pm On Mar 02, 2019

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by TheKingIsHere: 1:10pm On Mar 02, 2019
bobo65:

I enjoyed the movie o
Maybe cos I paid 800 for it at d cinema
The stunts were dope
Maybe u ain't an animation person

N800 for cinema? Abeg, where is this cinema located?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by TheKingIsHere: 1:13pm On Mar 02, 2019
gustav25:

The story line is wacky

I hope you know that Alita movie was gotten from the Alita anime?

It followed the storyline of the anime with some few changes.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by bobo65(m): 2:27pm On Mar 02, 2019
TheKingIsHere:

N800 for cinema? Abeg, where is this cinema located?

Film house sells their movie tickets For #600 from 9am to 2pm and 800 from 3pm to 4pm or so, anything from 5pm is back to normal 1500
Mine is at leisure mall Surulere

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by wireless847(m): 2:53pm On Mar 02, 2019
avengers end game
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by troubleseller: 3:02pm On Mar 02, 2019

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Itzneowizy(m): 3:10pm On Mar 02, 2019
oyaskii:
Spotlight (2015) 8/10.
Care to give a synopsis...please
am looking for a movie to download
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 3:20pm On Mar 02, 2019
wireless847:
avengers end game
hyped to say the least, but am hearing rumour that Thanos role will not be as significant as in Infinity war. Like in comics after Thanos halfed all life form, he retired to a farm and Nebula acquired the gauntlet to undo everything, then in Avengers assemble i remember the avengers imprisoned thanos in a parallel dimension and the avengers then ask him to use one stone at a time, Used time stone and Thor became stronger ( asagardians get stronger with time) defeats him, and like that like that he was stopped each time he used a particular infinity stone.

So i can't just wait to see which plot End game will follow.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 3:21pm On Mar 02, 2019
Itzneowizy:
Care to give a synopsis...please
am looking for a movie to download
About how some investigative journalist working for boston globe exposed Catholic priest molesting young children. I think it won best picture at the oscars in 2015.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JeromeBlack: 4:18pm On Mar 02, 2019
Nobody's Fool

5/10.

Tyler Perry will always be a low class producer/director. The film had a nice story to it but Tyler Perry just has no creativity in structuring an interesting plot.

His films are always predictable. The guy has no imagination.

The film has good actors and a lovely story. Tyler Perry just has to spoil it with his Nollywood direction.

Black people deserve better than this. I say this with all honesty: any black person that is a fan of Tyler Perry is a mental slave.

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by bobo65(m): 4:32pm On Mar 02, 2019
JeromeBlack:
Nobody's Fool

5/10.

Tyler Perry will always be a low class producer/director. The film had a nice story to it but Tyler Perry just has no creativity in structuring an interesting plot.

His films are always predictable. The guy has no imagination.

The film has good actors and a lovely story. Tyler Perry just has to spoil it with his Nollywood direction.

Black people deserve better than this. I say this with all honesty: any black person that is a fan of Tyler Perry is a mental slave.

What of acrimony?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by CosmicPhoenix: 4:39pm On Mar 02, 2019
bobo65:

What of acrimony?

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JeromeBlack: 4:43pm On Mar 02, 2019
bobo65:

What of acrimony?

Acrimony is slightly better. The story is good. The acting is good. You will actually feel the woman's pains.

But Tyler Perry and his Nollywood scripts......................................
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by CosmicPhoenix: 4:53pm On Mar 02, 2019
JeromeBlack:

Acrimony is slightly better. The story is good. The acting is good. You will actually feel the woman's pains.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Jadonaldavism: 5:13pm On Mar 02, 2019
Have you guys watch " in love with Romeo
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by bobo65(m): 5:40pm On Mar 02, 2019
JeromeBlack:

U aware it's Tyler that produced acrimony?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by bobo65(m): 5:41pm On Mar 02, 2019
[quote author=CosmicPhoenix post=76285257][/quote]

You must be a very emotional person
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by CosmicPhoenix: 5:47pm On Mar 02, 2019
you reached that conclusion based on what?
bobo65:

You must be a very emotional person
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JeromeBlack: 6:53pm On Mar 02, 2019
bobo65:

U aware it's Tyler that produced acrimony?

Did you not read the last part of my comment?

Of course I know!
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by TheKingIsHere: 11:26pm On Mar 02, 2019
The possession of Hannah Grace - 6.5/10
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by vampire2020: 12:22am On Mar 03, 2019
Time to watch this.

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by temmypotter(m): 4:06am On Mar 03, 2019
Who has seen Alita? reviews pls?

Reviews and comments on the YouTube trailer are so enticing! Making it out to be the best thing after sliced bread
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JeromeBlack: 4:20am On Mar 03, 2019
temmypotter:
Who has seen Alita? reviews pls?

Reviews and comments on the YouTube trailer are so enticing! Making it out to be the best thing after sliced bread

The action in Alita is great. However the plot and story is nothing new. The movie is okay- an average action sci-fi movie.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JeromeBlack: 5:47am On Mar 03, 2019
CC Ibkayee, ishilove

Another thing I hate about Tyler Perry and other "black" movies is the nonsense that they sell to black women.

The "good guy" or "heartthrob" is usually a big, strong-faced black guy. Very one dimensional.

In mainstream Hollywood that is mostly marketed to whites, there is variety- sometimes the skinny guy or a geek or a just an average guy is the good guy. See Elijah Wood, Toby McGuire, Edward Norton etc.

Black women deserve better. Maybe this is why many black women are attracted to the big muscular thug look. grin. I call it the "Tyrone look"

4 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by armadeo(m): 7:08am On Mar 03, 2019
Kaycee7:
Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald

It was good but a downgrade from the first movie. The best thing about the movie is Johnny Depp who delivers as Grindelwald. Depp made it easy to see why even good-natured wizards would be seduced by Grindelwald's message.
Nagini was effectively useless. Can't point out anyway she added to the plot. She was just there. Maybe she'll have a significant part to play in the next entry.
Jude Law plays Dumbledore well. It's easy to see the old headmaster that'll tutor Harry in later years, while watching him.
And why the hell is Flamel brittle? You'd think the elixir of immortality would at least keep the dude agile and healthy.
Also what was the point of the Leta Lestrange arc?
This can't hold a candle plotwise to the prequel. But the detailed magical world makes up for it.

Spot on. It was built for the next part. Milking Harry Potter for all it's worth. We will all watch the next one and probably 4 more after that.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by armadeo(m): 7:10am On Mar 03, 2019
oyaskii:
Captain marvel and Us...So glad the Medea franchise is coming to an end.

Exactly.

Captain marvel cinema
Us downloading whenever bluray is out.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1117) (1118) (1119) (1120) (1121) (1122) (1123) ... (3834) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.