Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,076 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:30 AM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (1166) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3744448 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1163) (1164) (1165) (1166) (1167) (1168) (1169) ... (3833) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 10:49pm On Mar 26, 2019
oyetpel:

Watch, Me Before You
cry
Watched it already. Do you have any other one no matter when it was released
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pryme(m): 11:39pm On Mar 26, 2019
mekaprime:

Daredevil you mean right. At the bolded, is that meant to be a sarcastic statement?? What happened to Ben Affleck & Christian Bale that once played both roles??. One thing I know for sure is that neither Marvel or DC will ever make that mistake of casting that dude in any of their movies. OMG, like literally casting him for a lead role, in any of their movies, that movie is definitely doomed to flop.

And as for Jai White, the sad truth is that he's a horrible actor. Have you seen SPAWN, that has to be the worst superhero movie I have ever seen, all thanks to Jai White.

No I don't agree with you,
I believe if Scott works with a good director (a Steven Spielberg or someone of that caliber) he will be made to polish his act,
Yes Scott may not be a natural but he has potential, the reason why I mention Dare Devil and Batman is because these are comic characters that are EXTREMELY good martial artist.
Scott will chew up Christian Bale and Ben Affleck when it comes to performing martial art stunts. Something you want to see in Dare Devil or Batman.
It's not only about enhanced suits and grappling hooks it should also be about executing martial arts skills "effortlessly".

As for Jai white, I thought Spawn was a great movie as of the 90s.
But you should watch "TYSON" the life of Mike Tyson, you will be blown away, to even think this was a very young Jai White that put up such a performance shows he is top actor.
Don't forget Universal Soldiers 2.

The problem I think with these kind of actors is the same kind of problem Steven Segal has, and thats being the lead character.

In terms of acting,
if Ronda Rousey that's is a professional MMA fighter can put such a beautiful performance in Fast and Furious 8, I don't see how Scott and Jai can't live up to expectation.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by FBS: 11:51pm On Mar 26, 2019
Beorn:

I watched it to the end, but honestly, the movie is childish to me. I'd have enjoyed it more if I was a kid
Dunno. Just couldn't keep them eyes open. lol.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Viking007(m): 12:30am On Mar 27, 2019
BlackkKlansman: 7/10.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 4:19am On Mar 27, 2019
mekaprime:

Daredevil you mean right. At the bolded, is that meant to be a sarcastic statement?? What happened to Ben Affleck & Christian Bale that once played both roles??. One thing I know for sure is that neither Marvel or DC will ever make that mistake of casting that dude in any of their movies. OMG, like literally casting him for a lead role, in any of their movies, that movie is definitely doomed to flop.

And as for Jai White, the sad truth is that he's a horrible actor. Have you seen SPAWN, that has to be the worst superhero movie I have ever seen, all thanks to Jai White.

You nailed it. Adkins doesn't deserve such iconic roles. He's extremely lacking to be a main eventer in a blockbuster. He's a fairly decent martial artist, but doesn't have the screen charisma/hype or acting depth to go along with it. He will definitely flop. He would work better as a stunt double (because he tends to fight like Batman), rather than the main act.

Concurred again on Jai White. Decent martial artist but terrible actor with little to no screed presence. He's getting old which makes it worse.

That said, Triple Threat seems like it's gonna be a blast. It's the kind of movie you don't watch for the plot alone, but also for the visual eye candy. Methinks it's gonna be a festival of mixed-martial arts, and OTT blood-and-gore. I certainly have no problem with that. Even though I rarely watch movies nowadays, I'd go out of my way to see this one. I have a feeling it's gonna be worth it.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 4:36am On Mar 27, 2019
Beorn:

Exact reason I decided to pass on the film without even checking the ratings. I can't waste my MB on wack, below average actors.

Maybe you should. It's obvious from the trailer the film is going to focus mainly on MMA, rather than plots and characterizations. Scot Adkins is gonna shine in this, cuz that's the kind of film he's good at. Besides, he's not even the main act, he's more of supporting, a side character. Also, the film has mix-martial art veterans like Uko Uwais (The Raid), Tony Jaa(Ong-Bak), and Tiger Chen (Matrix Reloaded), and retired UFC middle-weight champion, Micheal Bisping to more than even things out. It's gonna be a blast, I'm sure.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 4:41am On Mar 27, 2019
JeromeBlack:

Scott Adkins will blow soon....

grin

He has managed to carve out a decent movie career doing only B-movies. It's what he's good at, and that's never gonna change.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JeromeBlack: 6:33am On Mar 27, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

He has managed to carve out a decent movie career doing only B-movies. It's what he's good at, and that's never gonna change.

I agree.

But you never know. the guy might get lucky and land one big action movie.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 7:32am On Mar 27, 2019
JeromeBlack:

I agree.

But you never know. the guy might get lucky and land one big action movie.

It's theoretically possible, I guess, but I feel his limited acting range will always get in the way. I mean, this is the same guy that couldn't land a Batman gig he auditioned for solely because he couldn't channel real emotion in his voice acting, and ended up coming off as cheesy in his audition video. He would have been the perfect Batman if Batman is mute and a robot, but Batty talks, and shows varying degrees of emotion depending on the circumstance, and these are where Adkins sucks as an actor.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mosho2good: 7:43am On Mar 27, 2019
For those who are yet to watch Triple Threat the movie is a Bomb

3 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Emekus92(m): 8:23am On Mar 27, 2019
mosho2good:

For those who are yet to watch Triple Threat the movie is a Bomb
cc: mekaprime danfostopper
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 8:46am On Mar 27, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

Maybe you should. It's obvious from the trailer the film is going to focus mainly on MMA, rather than plots and characterizations. Scot Adkins is gonna shine in this, cuz that's the kind of film he's good at. Besides, he's not even the main act, he's more of supporting, a side character. Also, the film has mix-martial art veterans like Uko Uwais (The Raid), Tony Jaa(Ong-Bak), and Tiger Chen (Matrix Reloaded), and retired UFC middle-weight champion, Micheal Bisping to more than even things out. It's gonna be a blast, I'm sure.

You've done enough to convince me especially listing the others actors in the movie except Uko Uwais which I already know. I'll give it a try.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by troubleseller: 9:03am On Mar 27, 2019
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Damfostopper(m): 9:11am On Mar 27, 2019
Emekus92:

yepaaaa...... gonna download it tonight ...

even if Scott Adkins & Michael Jai disappoints..... lemme download it cos of my favorite actor Iko Uwais
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 9:14am On Mar 27, 2019
pryme:

No I don't agree with you,
I believe if Scott works with a good director (a Steven Spielberg or someone of that caliber) he will be made to polish his act,
Yes Scott may not be a natural but he has potential, the reason why I mention Dare Devil and Batman is because these are comic characters that are EXTREMELY good martial artist.
Scott will chew up Christian Bale and Ben Affleck when it comes to performing martial art stunts. Something you want to see in Dare Devil or Batman.
It's not only about enhanced suits and grappling hooks it should also be about executing martial arts skills "effortlessly".

As for Jai white, I thought Spawn was a great movie as of the 90s.
But you should watch "TYSON" the life of Mike Tyson, you will be blown away, to even think this was a very young Jai White that put up such a performance shows he is top actor.
Don't forget Universal Soldiers 2.

The problem I think with these kind of actors is the same kind of problem Steven Segal has, and thats being the lead character.

In terms of acting,
if Ronda Rousey that's is a professional MMA fighter can put such a beautiful performance in Fast and Furious 8, I don't see how Scott and Jai can't live up to expectation.
Yes Batman & Daredevil are comic characters, but it isn't all about stunt for both characters. Scott Adkins might be good in stunt, (your opinion though), The problem here is that Scott Adkins is less an actor & more of a stunts
coordinator or performer, just like my boss koicereloaded said, & I quote "He would work better as a stunt double (because he tends to fight like Batman), rather than the main act".

Playing Batman, yes but becoming Bruce Wayne, very very terrible idea. To take up Waynes' character, one has to take certain factors other than martial arts into consideration, like that ability to display a traumatic, crestfallen & brooding, personality, thus, in my opinion cannot be portrayed by Adkins. Dude only does well in stunt roles, the way he shared the role of Deadpool in X-Men:Origins with Ryan Reynolds. The sad truth is that even a combined team of the very best directors, can't help Adkins acting career, because as regards talent, you can't develop what you don't have, & since you don't have it, it can never come of as natural rather it becomes forced. If I were him, I would simply pay more attention to developing my Martial arts skills.

Undisputed 2, which catapulted him to fame, did so because he played the antagonist, for which he was relatively well-suited for, He was brutal, egotistical, and seemingly incapable of empathy. And also, the movie was largely watched either by action movie lovers or bored people on Friday Nights.(Disregard the later, it was meant to be a joke).
As for Steven Segeal abeg no just reason that guy matter for here. Coupled with the fact that he has never been beaten in any of his movies, I see his martial art skills as godlike(all pun intended). Dude sits at a spot & can take up to 15-20 people in a single combat, defeating & most times killing all of them while still seated. Even as a minor character, I don't think he'll fare any better, left to me, let him just quit acting.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 9:22am On Mar 27, 2019
Emekus92:

Tnx, based on you assessment, that of koicereloaded & mosho2good ,I'll download & see it.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 9:25am On Mar 27, 2019
Damfostopper:

yepaaaa...... gonna download it tonight ...

even if Scott Adkins & Michael Jai disappoints..... lemme download it cos of my favorite actor Iko Uwais

LOL.. same here, Iko Uwais & Tony Jaa are the reason am seeing the movie.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pryme(m): 10:47am On Mar 27, 2019
mekaprime:

Yes Batman & Daredevil are comic characters, but it isn't all about stunt for both characters. Scott Adkins might be good in stunt, (your opinion though), The problem here is that Scott Adkins is less an actor & more of a stunts
coordinator or performer, just like my boss koicereloaded said, & I quote "He would work better as a stunt double (because he tends to fight like Batman), rather than the main act".

Playing Batman, yes but becoming Bruce Wayne, very very terrible idea. To take up Waynes' character, one has to take certain factors other than martial arts into consideration, like that ability to display a traumatic, crestfallen & brooding, personality, thus, in my opinion cannot be portrayed by Adkins. Dude only does well in stunt roles, the way he shared the role of Deadpool in X-Men:Origins with Ryan Reynolds. The sad truth is that even a combined team of the very best directors, can't help Adkins acting career, because as regards talent, you can't develop what you don't have, & since you don't have it, it can never come of as natural rather it becomes forced. If I were him, I would simply pay more attention to developing my Martial arts skills.

Undisputed 2, which catapulted him to fame, did so because he played the antagonist, for which he was relatively well-suited for, He was brutal, egotistical, and seemingly incapable of empathy. And also, the movie was largely watched either by action movie lovers or bored people on Friday Nights.(Disregard the later, it was meant to be a joke).
As for Steven Segeal abeg no just reason that guy matter for here. Coupled with the fact that he has never been beaten in any of his movies I've seen, his martial art skills is godlike(all pun intended). Dude sits at a spot & can take up to 15-20 people in a single combat, defeating & most times killing all of them while still seated. Even as a minor character, I don't think he'll fare any better, for me, let him just quit acting.

Well I won't write anyone off in the movie industry, in Arnold Schwarzenegger's earlier movies he was something like Scott Adkins, very stiff and not fluid, worse he had a very thick accent. But now he is one of the all time greats in his own way.

Like I said, it all depends on who Scott is working with. Acting is something you learn and adjust to as the case maybe, Harrison Ford was working in movie set like a carpenter before he went for his first movie, he was not born an actor.

There is nothing too difficult in playing Bruce Wayne,
Batman is a Dark, Souless character, that wears a mask.
The likes of Jason Statham are now having more matured movie project just because of who he choose to work with. And in my opinion he is in the same class with Scott when it comes to acting.

But as for Batman Ben Affleck has no business being there, I would prefer a Scott Adkins. Batman is always wearing a mask in most part of the movie so this should be an easy project for Scott.
Batman is suppose to be an iconic character, but that changed when DCEU brought in Ben Affleck to play Batman. So I will help promote their low standards by giving Scott Adkins a chance.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 11:10am On Mar 27, 2019
pryme:

Well I won't write anyone off in the movie industry, in Arnold Schwarzenegger's earlier movies he was something like Scott Adkins, very stiff and not fluid, worse he had a very thick accent. But now he is one of the all time greats in his own way.

Like I said, it all depends on who Scott is working with. Acting is something you learn and adjust to as the case maybe, Harrison Ford was working in movie set like a carpenter before he went for his first movie, he was not born an actor.

There is nothing too difficult in playing Bruce Wayne,
Batman is a Dark, Souless character, that wears a mask.
The likes of Jason Statham are now having more matured movie project just because of who he choose to work with. And in my opinion he is in the same class with Scott when it comes to acting.

But as for Batman Ben Affleck has no business being there, I would prefer a Scott Adkins. Batman is always wearing a mask in most part of the movie so this should be an easy project for Scott.
Batman is suppose to be an iconic character, but that changed when DCEU brought in Ben Affleck to play Batman. So I will help promote their low standards by giving Scott Adkins a chance.
In as much as I hold Ben Affleck shoulder high as regards making & directing good movies, he's not my best Batman/Bruce Wayne cast, for me, its Christian Bale. Let's not prolong matters here because our argument/discussions changes nothing, let just agree to disagree & watch to see how events unfold for Scott Adkins career.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by vampire2020: 12:34pm On Mar 27, 2019
mekaprime:

As for Steven Segeal abeg no just reason that guy matter for here. Coupled with the fact that he has never been beaten in any of his movies I see, his martial art skills as godlike(all pun intended). Dude sits at a spot & can take up to 15-20 people in a single combat, defeating & most times killing all of them while still seated. Even as a minor character, I don't think he'll fare any better, for me, let him just quit acting.
Steve seagal my dad's best actor grin grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by 3RNEST(m): 3:44pm On Mar 27, 2019
>>> Ralph Breaks The Internet & Alita kiss

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pryme(m): 6:18pm On Mar 27, 2019
mekaprime:

In as much as I hold Ben Affleck shoulder high as regards making & directing good movies, he's not my best Batman/Bruce Wayne cast, for me, its Christian Bale. Let's not prolong matters here because our argument/discussions changes nothing, let just agree to disagree & watch to see how events unfold for Scott Adkins career.

Oh I forgot, have you watched The Chinese Salesman (I think that's the name) the was Mike Tyson and Steven Segal in that movie,
Damn..

For the first time before my very eyes STEVEN SEGAL COLLECTED A HUMILIATING ASS WHOOPING from Mike Tyson.

The movie is wacky but that fight scene between Mike Tyson and Segal was priceless.

You can look up just the fight scene on YouTube.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by snipesdam(m): 6:19pm On Mar 27, 2019
3RNEST:
>>> Ralph Breaks The Internet & Alita kiss

Very funny movie. Imagine if the internet exited that way. The flaw in the movie is the programs shouldn't be a able to live inside the power extension box. It's a none storage media nor is it transport path to any intra connection
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by nani667: 6:36pm On Mar 27, 2019
7 / 10

Decent animation, impressive fight scenes.... Batman really schooled red hood at the end

Overall good animation from DC ✔️

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ToyinDipo(m): 7:13pm On Mar 27, 2019
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by J2381: 7:47pm On Mar 27, 2019
MJBOLT:
hulk has shattered a planet and survived blasts hotter than the sun,abeg shift

So what's the big deal? does hulk have the ability to travel back in time? I'm sure you know superman can break the time space continum and make sure Bruce Banner didn't even bother to go to college, talkless of attending high school. Abeg move jare. Lol.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 7:52pm On Mar 27, 2019
pryme:

Oh I forgot, have you watched The Chinese Salesman (I think that's the name) the was Mike Tyson and Steven Segal in that movie,
Damn..

For the first time before my very eyes STEVEN SEGAL COLLECTED A HUMILIATING ASS WHOOPING from Mike Tyson.

The movie is wacky but that fight scene between Mike Tyson and Segal was priceless.

You can look up just the fight scene on YouTube.
Alright tnx, will do so.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 8:02pm On Mar 27, 2019
Stan and Ollie.

Biographical adaptations are like light skinned pretty girls, they have my mumu button by default cry

Thoroughly enjoyed this movie smiley
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by laydoh(m): 8:06pm On Mar 27, 2019
Pls can anyone recommend some good horror /action movies to me.preferably ones where there's demon possession or such.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nova15: 8:20pm On Mar 27, 2019
J2381:
So what's the big deal? does hulk have the ability to travel back in time? I'm sure you know superman can break the time space continum and make sure Bruce Banner didn't even bother to go to college, talkless of attending high school. Abeg move jare. Lol.

No mind the marvel fan boys. Imagine comparing hulk to superman. shocked shocked

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by J2381: 8:36pm On Mar 27, 2019
Nova15:

No mind the marvel fan boys. Imagine comparing hulk to superman. shocked shocked
the thing surprise me sef. Imagine. If you've seen Allstar Superman. You'll know hulk is an infant to Superman.

I mean, Superman flew very close to the Sun and as a result, it killed him. Talkless of having hulk within 200 kilometer of the Sun.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 8:37pm On Mar 27, 2019
J2381:
So what's the big deal? does hulk have the ability to travel back in time? I'm sure you know superman can break the time space continum and make sure Bruce Banner didn't even bother to go to college, talkless of attending high school Abeg move jare. Lol.
Superman can't travel back in time again. And hulk has broken reality before.

Please use Google before writing
Ignorant is a disease.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1163) (1164) (1165) (1166) (1167) (1168) (1169) ... (3833) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.