Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,921 members, 7,863,230 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 01:31 PM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (1280) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3835570 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1277) (1278) (1279) (1280) (1281) (1282) (1283) ... (3864) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 8:17pm On May 04, 2019
I just don't like what I hate biko
JeromeBlack:

Your taste in movies is shite. cheesy
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JeromeBlack: 8:21pm On May 04, 2019
alexistaiwo:
I just don't like what I hate biko

Funny enough, I didnt like spectral for the same reason that I did not like bird box! The monsters were not truly explained and the numerous plot holes were annoying
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 8:23pm On May 04, 2019
JeromeBlack:

I never even gave it second thought until now. Did you know that I actually thought that Pryme and Mekaprime are the same people?

I just saw it as a "koice/koicereloaded/dannykoice" second username thing.

I've always known they're two different people. Two contrasting diction styles. I may be wrong though. Maybe it's one of those cases of split personalities.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 8:27pm On May 04, 2019
alexistaiwo:
Love gini?

That nonsense movie where apparitions were killing people.

Plot holes plenty inside pass the holes in JeromeBlack empty black brain.
No head no tail.

First Bright, now this?
Seems like you people here are hellbent on reminding me that I have seen lots of trashy movies in my lifetime

Shut your mouth. Spectral make brain. How can you like Birdbox and not like Spectral? Your taste in movies is schizophrenic.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Crookesmore: 8:30pm On May 04, 2019
Can anyone suggest interesting family dramas for me?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pryme(m): 8:48pm On May 04, 2019
mekaprime:
Least i forget, pryme have you seen Spectral, its a 2016 Sci-fi/Thriller. If you haven't, do check it. You'll definitely love it.

OK, anything Sci-fi.

There is this TV series I heard about, that is about technology and humans, Black Mirror.

The moment I heard that there was some certain kind of LG smart TV that can record what you are doing in front of the TV (even when it's switched off), was when I believed Sci-fi movies are just like a window to the the next thing.

Tesla are now churning out auto cars, and they can even tell you if you everything you are doing in the car, even if you farted on the car seats - that's Sci-fi stuff.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 8:48pm On May 04, 2019
Unlike Birdbox, Spectral attempted to explain and ended up making a mess of everything grin

KoiceReloaded, I say I no go argue with anybody this weekend.
JeromeBlack:

Funny enough, I didnt like spectral for the same reason that I did not like bird box! The monsters were not truly explained and the numerous plot holes were annoying
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pryme(m): 9:10pm On May 04, 2019
alexistaiwo:
Love gini?

No head no tail.

First Bright, now this?
Seems like you people here are hellbent on reminding me that I have seen lots of trashy movies in my lifetime

The reason why I brought Bright up is because I did not become a Will Smith fan because of Fresh Prince of Bel Air, it was movies like Bad Boys, Men in Black and the likes that made me a Will Smith fan, as far as am concerned Bright is a Typical Will Smith movie that am a fan of cos there alot of similarities, the plot is simple and old fashioned for being a good cop that has gone rogue.
Will Smith has been appearing in the wrong genre for a long time now (except for In The Pursuit For Happyness that was brilliant), so to me Bright is the Will Smith I was missing, that's why I said he rolled back the years.

We all are not the same we don't look at movies the same way, but you should try to respect other people's point of view cos we don't know everything.

I thought Sicario was a brilliant movie until an ex marine trashed the movie and pointed alot of things out that I missed. If not that I knew he was an ex marine I would have thought he doesn't know a good movie.
So just relate with the people that relate with your views, but respect others people's point of view, what is trash to you might be the one thing another person is looking for when it comes to movies.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 10:34pm On May 04, 2019
alexistaiwo:
Love gini?

No head no tail.

First Bright, now this?

Yes, the flick had quite a number of plot holes, but it was average for me nevertheless. I only recommended the movie to him cause it seemed he really enjoyed Bright hence his high rating, so, i thought i throw in Spectral to see what he thinks about the flick.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by J2381: 10:39pm On May 04, 2019
mekaprime:

Yes, the flick had quite a number of plot holes, but it was average for me nevertheless. I only recommended the movie to him cause it seemed he really enjoyed Bright hence his high rating, so, i thought i throw in Spectral to see what he thinks about the flick.
plot holes in spectral? I love that movie any day, any time. I didn't even notice any plot holes.

That movie is game. Fin.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 10:46pm On May 04, 2019
J2381:
plot holes in spectral? I love that movie any day, any time. I didn't even notice any plot holes.

That movie is game. Fin.

My bro, no movie is perfect without plot holes, just that some are more pronounced than others, our love for the concept or idea in a movie is what blinds us to its fault.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by J2381: 10:48pm On May 04, 2019
mekaprime:

My bro, no movie is perfect without plot holes, just that some are more pronounced than others, our love for the concept or idea in a movie is what blinds us to its fault.
I am very aware of this. But I still believe spectral is an awesome movie. It's not even a cliche movie. It's the first movie I've watched with that storyline.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 10:56pm On May 04, 2019
pryme:

The reason why I brought Bright up is because I did not become a Will Smith fan because of Fresh Prince of Bel Air, it was movies like Bad Boys, Men in Black and the likes that made me a Will Smith fan, as far as am concerned Bright is a Typical Will Smith movie that am a fan of cos there alot of similarities, the plot is simple and old fashioned for being a good cop that has gone rogue.
Will Smith has been appearing in the wrong genre for a long time now (except for In The Pursuit For Happyness that was brilliant), so to me Bright is the Will Smith I was missing, that's why I said he rolled back the years.

We all are not the same we don't look at movies the same way, but you should try to respect other people's point of view cos we don't know everything.

I thought Sicario was a brilliant movie until an ex marine trashed the movie and pointed alot of things out that I missed. If not that I knew he was an ex marine I would have thought he doesn't know a good movie.
So just relate with the people that relate with your views, but respect others people's point of view, what is trash to you might be the one thing another person is looking for when it comes to movies.
I got to check out the bolded. If you like rom-com, also check out focus & hitch by Will Smith, the former is a rom-com crime, drama flick, while the later is just rom-com. i can vouch for both movies that they are worth the watch.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 11:15pm On May 04, 2019
J2381:
I am very aware of this. But I still believe spectral is an awesome movie. It's not even a cliche movie. It's the first movie I've watched with that storyline.
I totally agree with you, the storyline was very original, thus, when i saw the movie initially i could have swore my rating would be nothing less than a 9, but after seeing it for the second time, it dropped, why? because the first time, i put my cognition to sleep, while seeing the movie, hence the experience, was exhilarating for me. But after seeing it again, this time with my cognition fully awake, i started questioning a lot of things & sniffing out plot holes, thus, making me reevaluate my initial rating. Nevertheless, the movie was spectacular if only one can ignore the plot holes & don't ask questions.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by J2381: 11:16pm On May 04, 2019
mekaprime:

]I am very aware of this. But I still believe spectral is an awesome movie. It's not even a cliche movie. It's the first movie I've watched with that storyline.
I totally agree with you, the storyline was very original, thus, when i saw the movie initially i could have swore my rating would be nothing less than a 9, but after seeing it for the second time, it dropped, why? because the first time, i put my cognition to sleep, while seeing the movie, hence the experience, was exhilarating for me. But after seeing it again, this time with my cognition fully awake, i started questioning a lot of things & sniffing out plot holes, thus, making me reevaluate my initial rating. Nevertheless, the movie was spectacular if only one can ignore the plot holes & don't ask questions.
questions like what and what exactly.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pryme(m): 11:51pm On May 04, 2019
mekaprime:

I got to check out the bolded. If you like rom-com, also check out focus & hitch by Will Smith, the former is a rom-com crime, drama flick, while the later is just rom-com. i can vouch for both movies that they are worth the watch.

Have seen Focus, the fake ATM got me, I just pray are thieves here don't ever get to that level.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 12:03am On May 05, 2019
J2381:
questions like what and what exactly.
SPOILER ALERT!!!
Ok, the ghost/specters were made up of Bose-Einstein Condensate, which means they are super cold, thus killing instantly who ever they pass through. But did you notice that on the corpses of those they killed, they were hardly any frost buildup or discoloration on the skin of the dead, which is quite unusual considering the real life application of what happens to the human body when hit by extreme cold.

As if Clyne magically turning his camera into a searchlight wasn't enough already, he creates a small army’s worth of high tech weapons and armour that looks machined in a factory or props department workshop, which should be impossible considering the weapons were being knocked up in a cave with a box of scraps & i could swear that at one point he was using a hot glue gun as a drill! He was just jamming it into a gun or something and it was making a “VRRRRRRRR VRRRRRRR” sound! and voilà, it’s a full arsenal all put together overnight, It’s not just a few guns that can destroy the hyper-spectrals, It’s a whole new set of battle gear for like 10-20 soldiers.......Shut The Front Door, who are they kidding??

Lots of questions were unanswered, like the reasons for the civil war in Moldova. A ordinary civil war for that matter being fought with scientifically engineering solders.

Bose-Einstein Condensate being likened to a 3d printer, my bro the above concept is more complex than what they showed us.

Yeah it was an original, but the concept was just everywhere, it seemed kinda a little bit of these three movies, Ghostbusters, black hulk down & edge of tomorrow.

let me stop here jare. Nevertheless, its a very good flick, and my initial declaration of it being an average, would seem rather too poor & harsh, let me just put it at 7.5-8.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 12:25am On May 05, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

I've always known they're two different people. Two contrasting diction styles. I may be wrong though. Maybe it's one of those cases of split personalities .
Lol, impossible at the bolded, I think the name was just Optimus Prime inspired. He sure loves Optimus, so do i, but we are sure different individuals....And my write up is exactly what a split personality will certainly say in defense,LOL.....

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by J2381: 12:37am On May 05, 2019
mekaprime:

SPOILER ALERT!!!
Ok, the ghost/specters were made up of Bose-Einstein Condensate, which means they are super cold, thus killing instantly who ever they pass through. But did you notice that on the corpses of those they killed, they were hardly any frost buildup or discoloration on the skin of the dead, which is quite unusual considering the real life application of what happens to the human body when hit by extreme cold.
you forgot the part where it was mentioned that the victims livers and kidneys were frozen solid in the movie? Also the scientist couldn't really explain why the victims skin looks like they were roasted. That's the explanation on that part for me.

As if Clyne magically turning his camera into a searchlight wasn't enough already, he create a small army’s worth of high tech weapons and armour that looks machined in a factory or props department workshop, which should be impossible considering the weapons were being knocked up in a cave with a box of scraps & i could swear that at one point he is using a hot glue gun as a drill! He was just jamming it into a gun or something and it’s making a “VRRRRRRRR VRRRRRRR” sound! And voilà, it’s a full arsenal all put together overnight, It’s not just a few guns that can destroy the hyper-spectrals, It’s a whole new set of battle gear for like 10-20 soldiers.......Shut The Front Door, who are they kidding??
it was still explained how he turned the Camera into a searchlight that can see in high spectrum. Remember those goggles the soldiers wore can actually get a glimpse of the condense state. That was what he improved upon and thus you have the searchlight.

I really don't believe he worked on those weapons alone. Remember when those armored tanks came to rescue them? He told them exactly what to do so they can see condense state. So it's safe to say he wasn't the only engineer or scientist in that bunker.

Lots of questions were unanswered, like the reasons for the civil war in Moldova. A ordinary civil war for that matter being fought with scientifically engineering solders.
it was also mentiomed that the CIA suspected the government were pumping lots of money into weapon research. Beside, do you really need a reason for the war? Lol.

Bose-Einstein Condensate being likened to a 3d printer, my bro the above concept is more complex than what they showed us.

Yeah it was an original, but the concept was just everywhere, it seemed kinda a little bit of these three movies, Ghostbusters, black hulk down & edge of tomorrow.

let me stop here jare. Nevertheless, its a very good flick, and my initial deceleration of it being an average, would seem rather too poor & harsh, let me just put it at 7.5-8.
I don't hold any degree in physical or even life science. So I really can't say much about condense state. But what I do know is I couldn't find loopholes in the movie. It's what I do most. Before I rate a movie, I make sure I've watched it like 2 or 3 times.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Gidah: 1:02am On May 05, 2019
Reading comments from 3 pages back is just like me in the midst of a family meeting trying to share inheritance, all of una don over Sabi each other for this movie thread

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 1:23am On May 05, 2019
J2381:
you forgot the part where it was mentioned that the victims livers and kidneys were frozen solid in the movie? Also the scientist couldn't really explain why the victims skin looks like they were roasted. That's the explanation on that part for me

Well unless its my eyes deceiving me, a frost or ice burn capable of freezing ones internal organ ought to have left the skin tissue of such corpse in a burnt offering state.

it was still explained how he turned the Camera into a searchlight that can see in high spectrum. Remember those goggles the soldiers wore can actually get a glimpse of the condense state. That was what he improved upon and thus you have the searchlight
I now remember, you are very correct.

I really don't believe he worked on those weapons alone. Remember when those armored tanks came to rescue them? He told them exactly what to do so they can see condense state. So it's safe to say he wasn't the only engineer or scientist in that bunker

Haba!! Check the duration with which they finished all those gadgets, expecially those robo dogs, and remember they were not only manually operated but programmed also(my brother, to write code no easy oo), so they did all those things in a day??even with extra hands, its not quite feasible. Also, the fact that all the gadgets looked factory made while we saw them tearing scraps of weapons & other metals to create them. Point being, they don't look fabricated rather they looked factory made.

I don't hold any degree in physical or even life science. So I really can't say much about condense state. But what I do know is I couldn't find loopholes in the movie. It's what I do most. Before I rate a movie, I make sure I've watched it like 2 or 3 times.
So do I, but a colleague of mine who is a major in one of physical sciences explained the real concept to me, thus discrediting the scientific idea in that movie, i read further & found his postulation to be very valid, thus discrediting the concept in the movie.

Bro i totally get your point as regards your defense of the flick. You totally loved the concept/idea in the movie & was left in an awe state, thus, you were thoroughly convinced the movie was perfect. I did same when I saw A quite place, there was no plot hole/question you'll throw at me, I wouldn't answer, fully backed up with valid points.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Raalsalghul: 2:13am On May 05, 2019
J2381:

That movie is game. Fin.
Spectral!
Such an underrated film.
It would have been fit for a trilogy!
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by losprince(m): 2:31am On May 05, 2019
glengarry glen ross

9/10

I'm not always good with words but this movie is a classic, the acting and the dialogue was done superbly.

Al Pacino is a great actor along with every other person that acted in the movie. They all did a wonderful fvcking job.

About to down another Pacino movie, hehehe

Scent of woman cool

Keep it locked down guys.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Raalsalghul: 2:34am On May 05, 2019
Cc: Deathstroke00
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Raalsalghul: 2:34am On May 05, 2019
losprince:
glengarry glen ross

9/10

I'm not always good with words but this movie is a classic, the acting and the dialogue was done superbly.

Al Pacino is a great actor along with every other person that acted in the movie. They all did a wonderful fvcking job.

About to down another Pacino movie, hehehe

Scent of woman cool

Keep it locked down guys.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Raalsalghul: 2:35am On May 05, 2019
KoiceReloaded:
If Psychological Horror is your thing, try these:

- The Babadook,
- Cloverfield Lane
- American Psycho
- She Follows
- Don't Breath
- Get Out
- A Quiet Place
- Unsane
- Birdbox
- Annihilation
- Hereditary
- Would You Rather
- P2
- Creep
- Timescrime
- Horrible Way To Die
- Man Bites Dog
- Hannibal
- The Silence of The Lamb
- Natural Born Killers
- Ritual
- Skeleton Key
- Se7en
- Them
- The Others
- Suicide Club
- We Are What We Are
- The Uninvited
- The Thing
- Zodiac
- Saw
- Devil
- Triangle
- Hush
- Cape Fear
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Raalsalghul: 2:38am On May 05, 2019
KoiceReloaded:
If psychological thriller + mind_fuck is your thing, you might wanna check out the following:

- Stalker,
- Videodrome,
- Naked_Lunch,
- Eraserhead,
- Existenz,
- The Prestige,
- Interstellar,
- 12 Monkeys,
- Looper,
- Predestination,
- Cloud Atlas,
- Shutter Island,
- Eyes wide shut,
- Vanilla Sky,
- Mulholland Drive,
- Interstate 60,
- Dust Devil,
- They Live,
- The man who fell to Earth,
- Strange Days,
- Jacobs Ladder,
- Zardoz,
- Solaris,
- Sunshine,
- The Sixth Sense
- The Others
- The Thing
- Event Horizon,
- Moon,
- Sorry To Bother You
- Get Out
- Coherence
- Black Swan,
- Mr Nobody,
- The Machinist,
- The Usual Suspects,
- Memento,
- Identity
- Mindhunters
- Another Earth
- Edge of Tomorrow
- Shutter Island
- Donnie Darko
- Altered States,
- Skeleton Key
- The last wave,
- Dreamscape
- Inception
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Raalsalghul: 2:40am On May 05, 2019
Octopusssy:
The Usual Suspects-

I had a nagging suspicion who the true mastermind was, so when it was revealed at the end, I wasn't really surprised. That sort of made it anti-climactic for me.

This is what happens when you are a fan of Agatha Christie. Unconscious foreshadowing ruins the whole fun. sad

Fantastic movie nontheless. Absolutely brilliant.

8.5/10
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Raalsalghul: 2:42am On May 05, 2019
oyaskii:
Still can't get over the fact that Damien Chazelle and Ryan Gosling teamed up once more to make a movie of one of my favourite fascinations ever, little inconsistency plot wise but doesn't take away the shine off how beautiful first man (2018) was..

Ps: The OST has been my lullaby since last year... Beautiful ambient sound.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Octopusssy(f): 6:44am On May 05, 2019
mekaprime:

Well unless its my eyes deceiving me, a frost or ice burn capable of freezing ones internal organ ought to have left the skin tissue of such corpse in a burnt offering state.

Haba!! Check the duration with which they finished all those gadgets, expecially those robo dogs, and remember they were not only manually operated but programmed also(my brother, to write code no easy oo), so they did all those things in a day??even with extra hands, its not quite feasible. Also, the fact that all the gadgets looked factory made while we saw them tearing scraps of weapons & other metals to create them. Point being, they don't look fabricated rather they looked factory made.

So do I, but a colleague of mine who is a major in one of physical sciences explained the real concept to me, thus discrediting the scientific idea in that movie, i read further & found his postulation to be very valid, thus discrediting the concept in the movie.

Bro i totally get your point as regards your defense of the flick. You totally loved the concept/idea in the movie & was left in an awe state, thus, you were thoroughly convinced the movie was perfect. I did same when I saw A quite place, there was no plot hole/question you'll throw at me, I wouldn't answer, fully backed up with valid points.
See ehn, Bros, there's a saying in my place- "if we start looking closely at the anus, we will see a lot of rubbish". To paraphrase, if you zoom in on the bushy anus, you will see stuff that will mess with your appetite. cheesy

For some movies, I'd rather just watch solely for entertainment purposes. Spectral is one of them, gaping plotholes and all. wink grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by J2381: 8:07am On May 05, 2019
mekaprime:

The robo dogs were already made before they went to the place where condense state were being made.

Bro, I hope you know producers do a lot of researcher on a movie before it's scripted? Fine, sometimes exaggeration are done, but I believe the exaggeration are base on facts. Also, Spectral wasn't just some B or C class movie.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 8:15am On May 05, 2019
Spectral is definitely B- rated.

J2381:
The robo dogs were already made before they went to the place where condense state were being made.

Bro, I hope you know producers do a lot of researcher on a movie before it's scripted? Fine, sometimes exaggeration are done, but I believe the exaggeration are base on facts. Also, Spectral wasn't just some B or C class movie.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1277) (1278) (1279) (1280) (1281) (1282) (1283) ... (3864) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.