Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,789 members, 7,862,613 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 08:48 PM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (1394) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3834523 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1391) (1392) (1393) (1394) (1395) (1396) (1397) ... (3864) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by AHCB: 8:33pm On Jun 08, 2019
pryme:

You mean the sequel?
The first one was played by Micheal Jai White.
Todd Mcfarlane has come out to say the next one is going to be more dark and brutal than the first one, as would be the one to oversee the project.
I mean a total remake of the movie. The one that starred Michael Jan White wasn't all that good to me. Though when I first watched it, it was lit, but now it's not it at all.

Can I get a link to the emboldened?.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by losprince(m): 8:34pm On Jun 08, 2019
DannyKoice:

But that's the way I talk na.
You don't talk on the internet, you post stuffs. undecided
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by AHCB: 8:37pm On Jun 08, 2019
pryme:
I think this should put the Avengers vs Justice League to bed, so far its like the Avengers will take the L.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8TXlH_1KGY

Do well to read the comments,

MJBOLT
hulk616
JeromeBlack
iuwe
Raalsalghul
Afobear

Note: this video has the real Justice league and The Avengers, the video states their abilities so you be guys be the judge.
A fan boy will always be a fan boy. Nothing you say or post will convince them. It's just like trying to convince the agberos in oshodi that Mc Oluomo is a tout. Lol.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by CosmicPhoenix: 8:37pm On Jun 08, 2019
losprince:

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 8:37pm On Jun 08, 2019
losprince:
Okay.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 8:41pm On Jun 08, 2019
pryme:

You are trolling right?
no
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by AHCB: 8:41pm On Jun 08, 2019
Logan

7/10.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 8:41pm On Jun 08, 2019
AHCB:
When some people say some people's rating on movies are shitty or not good, I kind of wonder who in this world made them the god almighty of movie rating.

Isn't all this suppose to be a matter of opinion

See, the problem with "everyone is entitled to their opinion" is that all too often, it’s used to shelter beliefs that
should have been abandoned. It becomes shorthand for "I can say and think whatever I like, so don't disrespect
me"

An opinion by definition is a view/judgement about something, thus, an opinion has attached to it a certain degree
of subjectivity. Using it as a defense only works in certain situations.

For instance, there is no way you can argue with me if I said that Jackie Chan is a shitty actor. You can be of a different opinion, but since my opinion is based on subjectivity, I'm allowed to stick to it. But you have all the right to argue with me if I come out and claim that Titanic never happened, since there is overwhelming pop-culture references and documentations to show there is practically no subjectivity in my "opinion" that Titanic never happened. It's a straightup fallacy. I don't know if you understand where I'm going with this.

If everyone is entitled to their opinion is to infer that no one has the right to stop people thinking and saying
whatever they want, then we are royally_fucked as a civilization. Bottom line, you're entitled to have an opinion, but only as long as you're able to reasonably argue definitively for it. Argue critically, criticize rationally, and with evidence. Thank you.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 8:54pm On Jun 08, 2019
DannyKoice:

No offense, but you have a wacky taste in movies and tv shows alike. There have been several times I wondered at your lucidity of your ratings. I mean, you rated a blatant cinematic disaster kenned as Glass very highly for crying out loud. So forgive me if I'm not marginally perturbed by your opinion. Forgive me if I sound condescending, but often times, I'd wondered if a 10 year old is behind your username. Your ratings are appalling... no offense, of course.
Lolz, none taken. So a 7.5 is very high? and besides i rarely/don't comment on the TV series thread so how come your assumption that the series i see are wacky or are you mistaken me for someone else??
As regards movie ratings, most folks here rate movies subjectively, no one rates movies based on what it is, rather rating are done here based on how i feel & what it ought to be. No offence, even you yourself, you ain't particularly innocent of the wacky taste syndrome in movie & tv shows, so whats the fuss about mine & why the metaphoric comparison of me to a 10 year old.
No offence, but most times, you're very condescending with your comments, that's why you hardly see eye to eye with most folks here, honestly, its not a good thing. learn to let go most times its not gonna diminish your worth, there's a saying that when a man cooks for the public, they'll finish the food but when the public cooks for one man, he can never finish the food. I simply said something was average & gave my express reason why i said so, it not something that should have gotten you inflamed or rankled, you should've at least checked it out for yourself, there's this saying that a traveler is wiser than an old man, at least, I've traversed lots of DC series to know what am talking about.
I respect you a lot, but our people say that, ọ bụrụ na okenye ahapụ nkwanye ùgwù ya, ụmụaka ga-akparị ya, and also onye Emetụla agu aka na ọdụ du ya ma ọ dị ndụ ọ nwụọ ,so please am begging. Am very sorry for mentioning you in the first place, i should have just expressed my opinion without mentioning anybody, once again, my unalloyed apologizes are in place.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 9:06pm On Jun 08, 2019
AHCB:
When some people say some people's rating on movies are shitty or not good, I kind of wonder who in this world made them the god almighty of movie rating.

Honestly, it totally beats my imagination. The same flick that got a 6.8 rating on IMDb and I rated it a 7.5 based on how well i was able to flow with the flick & even gave lots of genuine reasons why i rated it thus. I just weak i swear, it's not supposed to be a competition as to who rates best.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by AHCB: 9:07pm On Jun 08, 2019
DannyKoice:

See, the problem with "everyone is entitled to their opinion" is that all too often, it’s used to shelter beliefs that
should have been abandoned. It becomes shorthand for "I can say and think whatever I like, so don't disrespect
me"

An opinion by definition is a view/judgement about something, thus, an opinion has attached to it a certain degree
of subjectivity. Using it as a defense only works in certain situations.

For instance, there is no way you can argue with me if I said that Jackie Chan is a shitty actor. You can be of a different opinion, but since my opinion is based on subjectivity, I'm allowed to stick to it. But you have all the right to argue with me if I come out and claim that Titanic never happened, since there is overwhelming pop-culture references and documentations to show there is practically no subjectivity in my "opinion" that Titanic never happened. It's a straightup fallacy. I don't know if you understand where I'm going with this.

If everyone is entitled to their opinion is to infer that no one has the right to stop people thinking and saying
whatever they want, then we are royally_fucked as a civilization. Bottom line, you entitled to have an opinion, but only as long as you're able to reasonably argue for it with evidence. Argue critically, criticize rationally, and with evidence. Thank you.
pardon me sir, but who are you to tell a man what belief he should abandon and what belief he shouldn't abandon? You're not God are you?

In case you don't know, anybody can say and do whatever they like, however if or when they do, especially if they break the rules, they have themselves to blame. It's just like what Idi Amin Dada said " you have freedom of expression, but freedom after expression is what I can not guarantee".

I'm asking you here who made you the standard judge of who rate movie(s) high and who don't?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 9:08pm On Jun 08, 2019
mekaprime:

Lolz, none taken. So a 7.5 is very high? and besides i rarely/don't comment on the TV series thread so how come your assumption that the series i see are wacky or are you mistaken me for someone else??
As regards movie ratings, most folks here rate movies subjectively, no one rates movies based on what it is, rather rating are done here based on how i feel & what it ought to be. No offence, even you yourself, you ain't particularly innocent of the wacky taste syndrome in movie & tv shows, so whats the fuss about mine & why the metaphoric comparison of me to a 10 year old.
No offence, but most times, you're very condescending with your comments, that's why you hardly see eye to eye with most folks here, honestly, its not a good thing. learn to let go most times its not gonna diminish your worth, there's a saying that when a man cooks for the public, they'll finish the food but when the public cooks for one man, he can never finish the food. I simply said something was average & gave my express reason why i said so, it not something that should have gotten you inflamed or rankled, you should've at least checked it out for yourself, there's this saying that a traveler is wiser than an old man, at least, I've traversed lots of DC series to know what am talking about.
I respect you a lot, but our people say that, ọ bụrụ na okenye ahapụ nkwanye ùgwù ya, ụmụaka ga-akparị ya, and also onye Emetụla agu aka na ọdụ du ya ma ọ dị ndụ ọ nwụọ ,so please am begging. Am very sorry for mentioning you in the first place, i should have just expressed my opinion without mentioning anybody, once again, my unalloyed apologizes are in place.
I have never heard the bolded. Very wise words indeed.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 9:09pm On Jun 08, 2019
I love this thread cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by AHCB: 9:11pm On Jun 08, 2019
mekaprime:

Honestly, it totally beats my imagination. The same flick that got a 6.8 rating on IMDb and I rated it a 7.5 based on how well i was able to flow with the flick & even gave lots of genuine reasons why i rated it thus. I just weak i swear, it's not supposed to be a competition as to who rates best.
I'm just surprise who made him judge, jury and executioner of movie rating here. His response really baffled me.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 9:11pm On Jun 08, 2019
mekaprime:

It is called ITK, mekaprime. We should learn to respect one another's opinions and not shove them down people's throats.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by CosmicPhoenix: 9:13pm On Jun 08, 2019
you no dey watch nigerian film be that
Ishilove:
I have never heard the bolded. Very wise words indeed.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 9:20pm On Jun 08, 2019
AHCB:
I'm just surprise who made him judge, jury and executioner of movie rating here. His response really baffled me.
It not really the first time here. I respect the dude a lot but his condescending attitude is just too much for my liking. Honestly, there is a level of sh.it i take from people before i go full Juggernaut on them.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 9:21pm On Jun 08, 2019
mekaprime:

I don't give two_fucks about what others think of me. This is a faceless forum, so why should I be perturbed? People like you put too much stock on what others think of you, and I'm telling you kind sir,that's a weakness.

Now, fuck_off.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 9:23pm On Jun 08, 2019
AHCB:

Baffled? You talk as if we have met in the real world.

Such delusions. undecided
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by AHCB: 9:24pm On Jun 08, 2019
mekaprime:

It not really the first time here. I respect the dude a lot but his condescending attitude is just too much for my liking. Honestly, there is a level of sh.it i take from people before i go full Juggernaut on them.
I actually respect him too. But men that post of his to you is annoying. I mean WTF!
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pryme(m): 9:26pm On Jun 08, 2019
AHCB:
I mean a total remake of the movie. The one that starred Michael Jan White wasn't all that good to me. Though when I first watched it, it was lit, but now it's not it at all.

Can I get a link to the emboldened?.

It's no news about what Todd intends to do with the next Spawn, this news came out like last year.

Here is one the many links about it
https://screencrush.com/todd-mcfarlane-spawn-movie-details/
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by AHCB: 9:27pm On Jun 08, 2019
DannyKoice:

Baffled? You talk as if we have met in the real world.

Such delusions. undecided
so I need to have met you offline to be baffled by your posts here?

You're the one who is deluded, my simple minded friend.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by AHCB: 9:34pm On Jun 08, 2019
pryme:

It's no news about what Todd intends to do with the next Spawn, this news came out like last year.

Here is one the many links about it
https://screencrush.com/todd-mcfarlane-spawn-movie-details/
Not bad, not bad at all. Seeing that Jamie Foxx play Spawn is more than enough. Though I just hope the usual people who love happy endings won't ruin this. Lol
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pryme(m): 9:39pm On Jun 08, 2019
AHCB:

It makes you wonder,
I mean in most talent shows almost all the time all the Judges don't all agree to a particular act, most of the time these Judges are people with outstanding reputation, so if one of the Judges rates a performance very low and the others rate the performance very high does that mean the Judge has a shitty taste?
I wonder since when an individual started setting the standards for people with different outlook.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pryme(m): 9:42pm On Jun 08, 2019
AHCB:
Not bad, not bad at all. Seeing that Jamie Foxx play Spawn is more than enough. Though I just hope the usual people who love happy endings won't ruin this. Lol

If Todd will stay true to the Spawn of Image Comics, I don't see too many happy endings there will be great loses for Al Simmons.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Skirmishes(m): 9:45pm On Jun 08, 2019
iuwe:

One out of many skirmishes, you dey miss na grin
i

Why quoting me
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by AHCB: 9:47pm On Jun 08, 2019
pryme:

It makes you wonder,
I mean in most talent shows almost all the time all the Judges don't all agree to a particular act, most of the time these Judges are people with outstanding reputation, so if one of the Judges rates a performance very low and the others rate the performance very high does that mean the Judge has a shitty taste?
I wonder since when an individual started setting the standards for people with different outlook.
that's why I was baffled.
pryme:

If Todd will stay true to the Spawn of Image Comics, I don't see too many happy endings there will be great loses for Al Simmons.
One can't be the commander of Satan's army and expect to live a happy ever after life.

I just hope the gore and violence will be worth it.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Afobear: 9:48pm On Jun 08, 2019
losprince:

Supergirl has a 10% rating on rotten tomato, stop lying.

Unfortunately,that's what my own shows me ...hahhahahahah

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pryme(m): 9:48pm On Jun 08, 2019
mekaprime:

angry angry angry
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by losprince(m): 9:55pm On Jun 08, 2019
CosmicPhoenix:
shocked
I'm curious to know, what did they ban you for?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 9:59pm On Jun 08, 2019
DannyKoice:

I don't give two_fucks about what others think of me. This is a faceless forum, so why should I be perturbed? People like you put too much stock on what others think of you, and I'm telling you kind sir,that's a weakness.

Now, fuck_off.

So am now the giver of fvck right?..This dude is funny. So because its a faceless forum that why you've the tenacity to behave like a douchebag & dangle your co.ck in pride like one who has elephantiasis right? I'll bet my left ass that who you're here is no different from who you are in the real world.
Count yourself lucky, our people say that It is not the day the child spills oil that he is flogged, but rather the day he spills crude oil.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pryme(m): 9:59pm On Jun 08, 2019
AHCB:
that's why I was baffled.
One can't be the commander of Satan's army and expect to live a happy ever after life.

I just hope the gore and violence will be worth it.

Dont be surprise if after Todd directs the movie himself it will still have poor ratings.
I have abandoned public opinion a long time ago about what kind of movie I enjoy.
When the first Spawn came out I really enjoyed that movie, why? I have never seen such visual effects before, and I think it was way ahead of its time we are talking 1997 here.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1391) (1392) (1393) (1394) (1395) (1396) (1397) ... (3864) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: JackBizzle and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.