Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,453 members, 7,819,666 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:14 PM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (1466) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3754441 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1463) (1464) (1465) (1466) (1467) (1468) (1469) ... (3835) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 9:13am On Jul 11, 2019
IKON360:

This is so true, I wanted to watch Day after Tomorrow but some people's reviews discouraged me but when I watched it, it was a godod watch
Very true. I watched Shazam and discovered it wasn't as bad as it was painted here.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Mouseskedey: 9:23am On Jul 11, 2019
I'm looking for the Persian movie Zahre mar , It's relatively new and I couldn't find it. Does anybody know where I can watch it online or rent it?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Quinie: 10:41am On Jul 11, 2019
Lord of the rings

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pryme(m): 10:47am On Jul 11, 2019
mekaprime:
Gravity.. 8.8/10
Genre:Drama, Sci-Fi, Thriller

For a movie with 7 Oscars win, it was totally worth it. I must confess, this was more than just a movie, it was an experience in space for me, & seeing it on a 1080p resolution is one the best cinematic experience I've had in a while. Cinematography was breathtakingly beautiful, story was simple yet compelling, with lots of suspense that keeps one in constant stress while worrying for the main character. Directing was top notch,( Alfonso CuarĂ³n as usual killed it, just like he did in Children Of Men ) Visual Effects were stunning. Acting was superb, amazing performances from Sandra Bullock and George Clooney....
Honestly, being an Astronaut & spending at least 6 months aboard the ISS is not an easy job, my respect sincerely goes to those guys. Highly recommended, if you've got a sucker for ultra realistic space flicks.

7 oscars? something must be wrong with the academy.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pryme(m): 10:52am On Jul 11, 2019
HellBoy 3

7/10

the only flop in this movie is the editing.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 11:51am On Jul 11, 2019
pryme:

7 oscars? something must be wrong with the academy.

Lolz I don't think so. I saw the movie on a 1080p resolution & to be frank, the movie deserved every single one of those awards it got, taking into special consideration:
-The year the movie was made.
-Other nominees in the various categories the movie won
The awards it won goes as thus:
-Best Achievement in Cinematography
-Best Achievement in Directing
-Best Achievement in Film Editing
-Best Achievement in Music Written for Motion Pictures, Original Score
-Best Achievement in Sound Editing
-Best Achievement in Sound Mixing
-Best Achievement in Visual Effects
With a rating of 7.7 on IMDb, & 96% respectively on both Rotten Tomatoes & Metacritic, i'd say it deserved all the accolades it got.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by losprince(m): 12:04pm On Jul 11, 2019
mekaprime:

Lolz I don't think so. I saw the movie on a 1080p resolution & to be frank, the movie deserved every single one of those awards it got, taking into special consideration:
With a rating of 7.7 on IMDb, & 96% respectively on both Rotten Tomatoes & Metacritic, i'd say it deserved all the accolades it got.
You're on point, but I must interject that part of it's Oscar winning craze was in part due the portrayal of a strong female lead - you know how the academy award like to appear politically correct. But I must confess that the picture was fascinating, very suspenseful and really awe inspiring.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 12:39pm On Jul 11, 2019
Chibudollar:
Sometimes don't just mind the reviews you see on here and just download a movie you feel would be okay. If you follow people mouth you no go watch anything

Why would you rely on max three reviews here when you can get an aggregate from rotten tomatoes or imdb?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 1:21pm On Jul 11, 2019
Gone Baby Gone

Probably Ben Affleck's best directorial work. I loved how the recurring theme is morally grey. Sometimes, right and wrong are not always so clear cut.

8/10

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pryme(m): 1:24pm On Jul 11, 2019
ornicus:

Why would you rely on max three reviews here when you can get an aggregate from rotten tomatoes or imdb?

RT is over rated, and its just another human being with an opinion behind those ratings.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 1:26pm On Jul 11, 2019
IKON360:

This is so true, I wanted to watch Day after Tomorrow but some people's reviews discouraged me but when I watched it, it was a godod watch

Day After Tomorrow is my favorite disaster movie.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pryme(m): 1:27pm On Jul 11, 2019
mekaprime:

Yeah right,
Do you think the movie will have these nominations if there was no George Clooney and Sandra Bullock?

Its a nice movie no doubt but i have seen better.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 1:28pm On Jul 11, 2019
Octopusssy:
Finally watched Shazam! today.

Well well well... Very entertaining watch. 7/10

I am currently watching 'In Bruges'. The movie thus far has a very thought provoking and brutally honest dialogue.

Have you seen Seven Psychopaths, it's from the same guy, and even better.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JeromeBlack: 1:38pm On Jul 11, 2019
So, nobody here has watched the new Annabelle. undecided

But if it is to watch ancient metusellah movies, you guys will be forming champion.

Alexistaiwo the clubmaster, how you see am?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 1:50pm On Jul 11, 2019
toy story 4
10/10
Disney/Marvel is toooo good grin grin grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 3:06pm On Jul 11, 2019
I thought I replied you on Monday .

I watched it last week Saturday.

JeromeBlack:
So, nobody here has watched the new Annabelle. undecided

But if it is to watch ancient metusellah movies, you guys will be forming champion.

Alexistaiwo the clubmaster, how you see am?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 4:09pm On Jul 11, 2019
Shaft(2000)..5.5/10
Genre:Action, Crime, Thriller

Really had high expectations for this flick, based on how humorous & engaging the 2019 Shaft was, but sadly enough this said expectations of mine fell flat, as i was greatly dissapointed.The humor/comedy genre that was lacking really took a toll on the entire flick, L Jackson hardly used his "motherfucker" word here. Storyline was mediocre but yet a little bit better than that of the 2019 Shaft, acting was ok, nothing spectacular irrespective of its ensemble of A- list actors.
Comparing both movies(2019 & 2000)based on enjoyment level i derived from both flicks, I'd rate the 2019 Shaft a better flick than this.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by OlaBa: 4:11pm On Jul 11, 2019
You pissed?
Hmm?
Are you?

John Wick: YEAH!

John Wick Chapter 3... 8.6

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 4:22pm On Jul 11, 2019
mekaprime:
Shaft(2000)..5.5/10
Genre:Action, Crime, Thriller

Really had high expectations for this flick, based on how humorous & engaging the 2019 Shaft was, but sadly enough this said expectations of mine fell flat, as i was greatly dissapointed.The humor/comedy genre that was lacking really took a toll on the entire flick, L Jackson hardly used his "motherfucker" word here. Storyline was mediocre but yet a little bit better than that of the 2019 Shaft, acting was ok, nothing spectacular irrespective of its ensemble of A- list actors.
Comparing both movies(2019 & 2000)based on enjoyment level i derived from both flicks, I'd rate the 2019 Shaft a better flick than this.

I remember telling someone here that Shaft 2019 is a reboot of 2001 for it (the former) being a completely different movie.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by joseph1832(m): 4:41pm On Jul 11, 2019
KoiceReloaded:
Gone Baby Gone

Probably Ben Affleck's best directorial work. I loved how the recurring theme is morally grey. Sometimes, right and wrong are not always so clear cut.
8/10
meaning?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 4:42pm On Jul 11, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

I remember telling someone here that Shaft 2019 is a reboot of 2001 for it (the former) being a completely different movie.
You're right Sir. This 2019 reboot was very much better, all thanks to the Comedy genre they introduced to it. And I think the box office bomb the 2019 flick suffered was because of how bad the 2000 flick was, hence, movie buffs & viewers alike, judged the former based on the later without necessarily seeing the 2019 flick.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Octopusssy(f): 5:07pm On Jul 11, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

Have you seen Seven Psychopaths, it's from the same guy, and even better.
indeed I have. A very strange but wonderful movie! cheesy

Octopusssy:
Seven Psychopaths-

I am now just understanding why Norman Rockwell won all those Oscars. The guy is such an intense actor.

The storyline is rather strange but hilarious nonetheless. I thoroughly enjoyed this movie, and the featured soundtrack gave me an earworm. 'First Cut Is the Deepest' by P.P Arnold. I slept with this song playing in my head and woke up this morning muttering the lyrics.

I had no idea Sheryl Crow is not the original singer. This song is so... soulful and beautiful... cry

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTJJ9kPOWQ8

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by wunderkiind(m): 5:09pm On Jul 11, 2019
[quote author=babasolo post=79931519][/quote] how
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JeromeBlack: 5:19pm On Jul 11, 2019
alexistaiwo:
I thought I replied you on Monday .

I watched it last week Saturday.

No. You did not reply me.

Was the movie good?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 5:46pm On Jul 11, 2019
Octopusssy:

indeed I have. A very strange but wonderful movie! cheesy

Nice. cheesy

Martin McDonagh is such an underrated filmmaker, albeit, he has only done four movies, with Three Billboards being his first real standout.

Since you obviously love his brand of humor, you might wanna give the more whimsical stuff of the Coen brothers a looksee.
- No Country for Old Men
- Burn After Reading,
- O Brother Where Art Thou,
- Fargo

His brother, John Michael McDonagh, is also an excellent playwright/filmmaker, and his couple of independent productions; Guard and Calvary, are dark comedic masterpieces.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 5:46pm On Jul 11, 2019
joseph1832:
meaning?
Things are not always black and white, amigo.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by joseph1832(m): 5:52pm On Jul 11, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

Things are not always black and white, amigo.
I agree.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Chibudollar: 5:52pm On Jul 11, 2019
That awkward moment when you're watching a movie and you think it will get better, then 1 hour into the movie you just try/mange to complete it because you've already wasted about 1 hour of your time and you must see the foolishness play out grin

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 6:07pm On Jul 11, 2019
It wasn't spectacular.
I wouldn't recommend

JeromeBlack:

No. You did not reply me.

Was the movie good?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 6:08pm On Jul 11, 2019
Primer 2004

I don't understand shiit cry

(1) (2) (3) ... (1463) (1464) (1465) (1466) (1467) (1468) (1469) ... (3835) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: herdaykhunlay(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.