Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,936 members, 7,835,120 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:03 AM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (1486) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3782304 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1483) (1484) (1485) (1486) (1487) (1488) (1489) ... (3843) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 6:31pm On Jul 19, 2019
Little.. 2/10
Genre:Comedy, Fantasy, Romance

Seriously, was this meant to be a comedy movie, cause my face never flexed a muscle all through the flick. The plot was terribly poor, acting was basically wishy washy, the director probably went on vacation & assigned his duties to one of the cast. In fact, terrible is too good a word to quality this flick. Steer clear of this one & don't even bother checking out the trailer, else you might be tempted to download it.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 6:34pm On Jul 19, 2019
mekaprime:
Little.. 2/10
Genre:Comedy, Fantasy, Romance

Seriously, was this meant to be a comedy movie, cause my face never flexed a muscle all through the flick. The plot was terribly poor, acting was basically wishy washy, the director probably went on vacation & assigned his duties to one of the cast. In fact, terrible is too good a word to quality this flick. Steer clear of this one & don't even bother checking out the trailer, else you might be tempted to download it.
Lmao..Most Black movies tend to follow this trend and they wonder why they don't win awards. Anyway downloaded this solely based on the fact that i like Issa Rae so my expectations were low from the onset.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 6:36pm On Jul 19, 2019
mekaprime:
Seventh Son ..5/10
Genre: Action, Adventure, Fantasy

A mediaeval fantasy flick, with a good concept with lots of potential which IMO, was poorly executed. The CGI was great, the visual effects were good, acting was just there, directing was poorly executed. Nevertheless, it was quite entertaining.
The same seventh son with Juliane moore? Twas terrible my man...just useless.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 6:45pm On Jul 19, 2019
mekaprime:
You are Next..7/10
Genre: Action, Horror, Crime

Storyline was good, directing was very solid, & acting was good, the jump scares were perfectly executed, tension & suspense was literally all over the place. The flick sticks to the horror home invasion formula and proves to be one of the better flicks of its kind as it was true to its various genre and also innovative. Steer clear if you can't handle movies with gory & violent scenes.

Cliched storyline, but pure entertainment. A decent take on the slasher subgenre IMO.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 6:48pm On Jul 19, 2019
oyaskii:

Concurred, terrible movie. The CGI looked cartoonish.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 6:51pm On Jul 19, 2019
mekaprime:
Seventh Son ..5/10
Genre: Action, Adventure, Fantasy

A mediaeval fantasy flick, with a good concept with lots of potential which IMO, was poorly executed. The CGI was great, the visual effects were good, acting was just there, directing was poorly executed. Nevertheless, it was quite entertaining.

Cartoonish CGI. It's reminiscent of the Justice League VFX.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ibkayee(f): 7:05pm On Jul 19, 2019
Lion King 5.9-6 out of 10

They kept the story, shots and dialogue almost exactly the same as the original which is fine, it’s supposed to be the live action and only that after all. The visuals/cgi were on point, particularly great job making the animals look realistic, my biggest qualm is that they were GREATLY lacking in emotive expression, which sometimes made it seem like the voices weren’t coming from the animals and the movie almost soulless. So many classic moments that I thought would draw out more emotion in me that kind of just fell flat, I was genuinely preparing myself to cry for Mufasa’s death for example but it didn’t come. Voice acting was ok, favourites in this category were Timon and Pumba. Overall not a bad movie but really misses that spirit of the original, they tried though.

I was disappointed that I didn’t hear one of my favourite songs not only in the franchise but the whole world ‘He lives in you’ (I was getting ready to dance my ass off in my head lol) but apparently that’s from the Lion King 2 so fair enough.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 7:35pm On Jul 19, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

Cliched storyline, but pure entertainment. A decent take on the slasher subgenre IMO.
Yeah, very cliché. that's why I hinted that it stuck to the formula.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Benjaniblinks(m): 7:39pm On Jul 19, 2019
ibkayee:
Lion King 5.9-6 out of 10

They kept the story, shots and dialogue almost exactly the same as the original which is fine, it’s supposed to be the live action and only that after all. The visuals/cgi were on point, particularly great job making the animals look realistic, my biggest qualm is that they were GREATLY lacking in emotive expression, which sometimes made it seem like the voices weren’t coming from the animals and the movie almost soulless. So many classic moments that I thought would draw out more emotion in me that kind of just fell flat, I was genuinely preparing myself to cry for Mufasa’s death for example but it didn’t come. Voice acting was ok, favourites in this category were Timon and Pumba. Overall not a bad movie but really misses that spirit of the original, they tried though.

I was disappointed that I didn’t hear one of my favourite songs not only in the franchise but the whole world ‘He lives in you’ (I was getting ready to dance my ass off in my head lol) but apparently that’s from the Lion King 2 so fair enough.
bros where u see d movie watch?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 7:40pm On Jul 19, 2019
oyaskii:
Sure it was bad, my 5 rating was actually for the concept.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ibkayee(f): 7:40pm On Jul 19, 2019
Benjaniblinks:
bros where u see d movie watch?
Bros kwa?

Lol watched it in the cinema, I’m not in Nigeria
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Benjaniblinks(m): 7:46pm On Jul 19, 2019
ibkayee:

Bros kwa?

Lol watched it in the cinema, I’m not in Nigeria
lol no vez
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ibkayee(f): 7:48pm On Jul 19, 2019
Benjaniblinks:
lol no vez
Hehe not at all
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 7:50pm On Jul 19, 2019
Secret obsession

7/10

Good drama movie
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 7:52pm On Jul 19, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

Cartoonish CGI. It's reminiscent of the Justice League VFX.
At the bolded, yeah but not all of 'em. Djimon Hounsou transformation from man to Dragon, and the Bear transformation from beast to man vice versa was very good, hence my adjective "great".
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 8:22pm On Jul 19, 2019
mekaprime:

At the bolded, yeah but not all of 'em. Djimon Hounsou transformation from man to Dragon, and the Bear transformation from beast to man vice versa was very good, hence my adjective "great".

Bro, that_shit is like a PS3 video game graphics. The much older LoTR trilogy has a much more convincing CGI and VFX than that disaster.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 8:25pm On Jul 19, 2019
Hello Everyone.

Can someone recommend good movies for me
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 8:34pm On Jul 19, 2019
Tella360:
Hello Everyone.

Can someone recommend good movies for me
captain marvel,
Avengers: endgame,
Aladdin,
Toy story,
Spiderman: far from home.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by losprince(m): 8:36pm On Jul 19, 2019
Ready Player One 7.5/10

Spectacular visuals, impressive action sequence with an average story. The references to pop culture was very intriguing for me. The build up, the climax and the resolution felt like they could have been done better, but that aside, it was a kick-ass awesome movie! With plenty chill moments and nostalgia inducing as well.

Spoilers below

That reference to the shining was the part I loved the most even though I didn't like the actual movie that much. And Chucky cheesy oh my Allah! Seeing Chucky was the close second best!

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 8:36pm On Jul 19, 2019
hulk616:
captain marvel,
Avengers: endgame,
Aladdin,
Toy story,
Spiderman: far from home.
Thanks...any other one apart from all these

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by nani667: 9:12pm On Jul 19, 2019
tongue

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Octopusssy(f): 9:19pm On Jul 19, 2019
Fargo-

KoiceReloaded, you are many things and 'good movie connoisseur' is one of them. grin

What struck me is how the very mundane everyday life of the average person is juxtaposed with the horror unfolding before us. One minute, shocking violence, the next, very basic stuff like watching television and falling asleep while at it. And nothing spectacular happens after falling asleep.

It is nerve wracking cry

I did love those funny accents and Mr Morah's funny narration of the cussing man in the bar.

8.5/10

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Octopusssy(f): 9:21pm On Jul 19, 2019
nani667:
tongue
Thank goodness, I was scared for minute there that they were making him gay.

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Octopusssy(f): 9:23pm On Jul 19, 2019
joseph1832:
old dude? Funakuchi Fumio, that's the name of the old dude. Uncle to Jet Li's (Chen Zhen) babe Mitsuko.

Men I watched the life outta Fist of Legend.
I see Jet Li now and I feel bad. The fellow has drastically changed.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JeromeBlack: 9:25pm On Jul 19, 2019
Alexistaiwo aka clubmaster,

When Black Panther 2 comes out, lets watch it together.

I need to explain blackness to your un-woke local self. grin

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 9:28pm On Jul 19, 2019
Why not watch it with your crush? cheesy

JeromeBlack:
Alexistaiwo aka clubmaster,

When Black Panther 2 comes out, lets watch it together.

I need to explain blackness to your un-woke local self. grin

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by WizAkzy: 9:30pm On Jul 19, 2019
I have had the movie Glass in my pc for a while now, and what kept me from watching it was the low to bad ratings you all gave it here. I decided to watch it this evening with an open mind and seriously y'all got the ratings wrong. The movie is really a good watch with hidden elements of how the world actually works. I give it a 7/10.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JeromeBlack: 9:32pm On Jul 19, 2019
alexistaiwo:
Why not watch it with your crush? cheesy

Who?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 9:34pm On Jul 19, 2019

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JeromeBlack: 9:44pm On Jul 19, 2019
alexistaiwo:
lipsrsealed

Speak without fear. grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 9:54pm On Jul 19, 2019
It is stupidity to cry more than the bereaved.

Remind me, what is the name of your crush?

JeromeBlack:

Speak without fear. grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 9:55pm On Jul 19, 2019
Octopusssy:
Fargo-

KoiceReloaded, you are many things and one of them is 'good movie connoisseur' is one of them. grin

What struck me is how the very mundane everyday life of the average person is juxtaposed with the horror unfolding before us. One minute, shocking violence, the next, very basic stuff like watching television and falling asleep while at it. And nothing spectacular happens after falling asleep.

It is nerve wracking cry

I did love those funny accents and Mr Morah's funny narration of the cussing man in the bar.

8.5/10

I loved Fargo because of the way it took the traditional conventions in crime movies, and twist them around. Basically, things that happened in Fargo are the opposite of what you would normally expect in a typical crime movie. It's also what makes it funny, intriguing and unique.

You should check the TV series spinoff. It's even better.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1483) (1484) (1485) (1486) (1487) (1488) (1489) ... (3843) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.