Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,372 members, 7,868,106 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 10:59 AM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (1585) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3844555 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1582) (1583) (1584) (1585) (1586) (1587) (1588) ... (3866) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 10:12am On Aug 26, 2019
ornicus:

that is where you have missed it. not everyone has the time to go through 10 movies.

first impressions always count.

direct him at the wrong movie, and that is the end of his watching batman

the first hulk movie is technically part of the MCU. let someone who has never watched an MCU movie start with that. that is where it may end.
not if they know the endgame grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 10:14am On Aug 26, 2019
Cheers01:
Anachronism.

A lot of people here really need to understand this word. Many of you are using today's (2019) lens to view and judge a movie that is 30byears old.

When you watch a film that is both old and a classic, you'd have to understand the state of cinema at the film's time of release.

I swear, philosophy needs to be taught in Nigerian schools.

Sharap.

Great movies age like fine wine. Crappy movies don't. Taxi Driver is a classic, but it's still relevant in pop culture. Citizen Kane... ditto.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 10:15am On Aug 26, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

Don't think so. You'll likely scare him away with those. That's why I recommended TDK trilogy for him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-D15FdGRDwM

let some one make the mistake of using superman 1 to introduce dc movies

start from 4:05 and listen to pikin take down the movie 0 action scenes

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 10:18am On Aug 26, 2019
ornicus:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-D15FdGRDwM

let some one make the mistake of using superman 1 to introduce dc movies

Lolz.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Cheers01: 10:27am On Aug 26, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

Sharap.

Great movies age like fine wine. Crappy movies don't. Taxi Driver is a classic, but it's still relevant in pop culture. Citizen Kane... ditto.

Starting a comment with "sharrap"?
I like how you are coming more and more into the dark side. My young padawan.

I totally agree with you. However, Batman and batman forever were rated highly during their time.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Cheers01: 10:30am On Aug 26, 2019
ornicus:

that is why they talk about films\tv shows\books\songs etc ageing well

that is also the danger of special effects that are not practical effects

it is also the danger of making a movie that does not have a real story in it.

i still love rambo 2 to this day, but i know it is an imperialist bs gun fantasy

when i was younger and america was able to sell the idea of a binary world where they were the good guys and good guys always win and the bad guys are inept cartoon villains, that movie rocked.

today it looks stupid, even more so to anyone who understand that the vietcong kicked americas ass throughly , that americans are no slouches in advanced interrogation techniques, and that there are no superhuman soldiers

the last rambo movie is actually an antiwar movie as far as i'm concerned [ stallone crammd all the vil shit that goes on in war into the movie runtime]

Rambo 1 and 3 were the movies of my childhood. I even had Rambo 3 videogame on sega. I had a good childhood menn....

Unlike ishilove and alexistaiwo who were still watching black and white television until 1999

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 10:33am On Aug 26, 2019
Cheers01:

Rambo 1 and 3 were the movies of my childhood. I even had Rambo 3 videogame on sega. I had a good childhood menn....

Unlike ishilove and alexistaiwo who were still watching black and white television until 1999

Guy why u dey form na. i hear say you dey watch am codedly through your neighbors bedroom window tongue
the start of your peeping tom habits that led to your present panty sniffing habits

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Cheers01: 10:38am On Aug 26, 2019
ornicus:

Guy why u dey form na. i hear say you dey watch am codedly through your neighbors bedroom window tongue
the start of your peeping tom habits that led to your present panty sniffing habits

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 10:40am On Aug 26, 2019
Cheers01:

I totally agree with you. However, Batman and batman forever were rated highly during their time.

Batman Forever and co popularity faded because they had zero popular culture impact.

By contrast, the TDK trilogy will still be relevant for the next 20 years because of the kind of impact it left on popular culture.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Cheers01: 10:42am On Aug 26, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

Batman Forever and co popularity faded because they had zero popular culture impact.

By contrast, the TDK trilogy will still be relevant for the next 20 years because of the kind of impact it left on popular culture.

Not everything can be a masterpiece.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 10:43am On Aug 26, 2019
Cheers01 & ornicus, una don start this pant sniffing business again, eh? Oya, continue.

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 10:46am On Aug 26, 2019
Cheers01:

that is the difference between a classic and a pop culture phenomenon

thong song was a massive hit, but today it sounds like crap
i heard aint no mountain by temmi terrel and marvin gaye when watching guardians of the galaxy, and i immediately downloaded it.

that is the difference between a classic and a pop song

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 10:48am On Aug 26, 2019
KoiceReloaded:
Cheers01 & ornicus, una don start this pant sniffing business again, eh? Oya, continue.

angry angry angry

someone canno bitch-slap a nigga again

angry angry angry angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 10:48am On Aug 26, 2019
Cheers01:

Not everything can be a masterpiece.

Arts don't have to be a masterpiece to leave an impression.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Cheers01: 10:49am On Aug 26, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Cheers01: 10:50am On Aug 26, 2019
ornicus:

i heard aint no mountain by temmi terrel and marvin gaye when watching guardians of the galaxy, and i immediately downloaded it.

Funny enough, I watched a 2019 movie where the thong song was played.

It's not forgotten grin

By the way, why would thong song be your go-to example for a classic piece of art?

Pantie sniffer

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 10:55am On Aug 26, 2019
ornicus:

Speak for yourself, I love me some thong song. Not a panty sniffer tho. lipsrsealed
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 10:56am On Aug 26, 2019
Cheers01:

Stop projecting.

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 11:03am On Aug 26, 2019
ornicus:

angry angry angry
someone canno bitch-slap a nigga again

angry angry angry angry
A dong slap will be better.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pryme(m): 11:53am On Aug 26, 2019
ornicus:

For all your talk, you don't know the first batman movie was 1966.

You would also do well to refer him to some of the dc animations

Red hood
Year one
Dark Knight returns

Batman - Bad Blood
Batman - Public Enemies
Batman - Return Of The Joker
Batman - Assault On Arkham
Batman - The Killing Joke
Batman - Hush
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 11:56am On Aug 26, 2019
pryme:

Batman - Bad Blood
Batman - Public Enemies
Batman - Return Of The Joker
Batman - Assault On Arkham
Batman - The Killing Joke
Batman - Hush

i consider the DC animations to be truer to the DC spirit. they are direct to video. no push to ensure they are a hit that will recoup budget and then some.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pryme(m): 12:01pm On Aug 26, 2019
ornicus:

i consider the DC animations to be truer to the DC spirit. they are direct to video. no push to ensure they are a hit that will recoup budget and then some.

As far DC is concern its animation all the way, Bleep DCEU.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pryme(m): 12:11pm On Aug 26, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

I mean how could someone forget TDK triology, when during one of its premiers a sick dude (dressed like the Joker) walked into the cinema and opened fire on the people killing some, the dude even told the cops he has more fire power at home, which turned out to be true.
His sick logic was there cant be a Batman without a Joker in the Premiers.

I guess TDK is unforgettable in more ways than one.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 12:18pm On Aug 26, 2019
pryme:

I mean how could someone forget TDK triology, when during one of its premiers a sick dude (dressed like the Joker) walked into the cinema and opened fire on the people killing some, the dude even told the cops he has more fire power at home, which turned out to be true.
His sick logic was there cant be a Batman without a Joker in the Premiers.

I guess TDK is unforgettable in more ways than one.

that is a classic example of a person taking comic book movies from fantasy to reality
sounds like you have the same problem
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 12:30pm On Aug 26, 2019
My co-mentioned will take care of your case, wait for it.
Cheers01:

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by noob03saibot(m): 12:49pm On Aug 26, 2019
Cheers01:

jeeeez!!! They are coming for you.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Cheers01: 12:52pm On Aug 26, 2019
alexistaiwo:
My co-mentioned will take care of your case, wait for it.

Story.

What Is your co-mentioned going to do? Lie that she is not aje pako?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Cheers01: 12:58pm On Aug 26, 2019
noob03saibot:
jeeeez!!! They are coming for you.

cheesy grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by toluxe0075: 1:03pm On Aug 26, 2019
Here we go. angry

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pryme(m): 1:22pm On Aug 26, 2019
ornicus:

that is a classic example of a person taking comic book movies from fantasy to reality
sounds like you have the same problem

I only pointed out an event that occurred in the US during a movie Premier, How is that a problem on my side?

And for your info there are some fantasies that are are applied in real life, you should find out how Jon Jones became one of the undefeated MMA fighters of all time.
Israel Adesanya got some of his striking techniques from watching ONG BAK.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by sod09(m): 1:31pm On Aug 26, 2019
toluxe0075:
Here we go. angry
i hope she won't wear bra grin grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Cheers01: 2:07pm On Aug 26, 2019
sod09:
i hope she won't wear bra grin grin

grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (1582) (1583) (1584) (1585) (1586) (1587) (1588) ... (3866) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.