Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,896 members, 7,817,642 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:11 PM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (1834) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3746072 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1831) (1832) (1833) (1834) (1835) (1836) (1837) ... (3834) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by troubleseller: 1:11pm On Jan 07, 2020
Please, does anybody have link to download Waves and Ford vs Ferrari? Size doesn't matter.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by troubleseller: 1:16pm On Jan 07, 2020
Stonecoldstare1:

I'm saying it's not homoerotic. I also haven't seen it but I plan to and watching the trailer, I think there was glimpse of both of them waltzing. I may be wrong but anything can happy when madness descents on two men
Alright, now I understand.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by bobo65(m): 3:33pm On Jan 07, 2020
troubleseller:
Please, does anybody have link to download Waves and Ford vs Ferrari? Size doesn't matter.

Saw it on tfpdl

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Stonecoldstare1: 3:41pm On Jan 07, 2020
kendrick93:
A simple favour-9/10
something about this movie reminded me of Gone girl, maybe it was Blake Lively performance which was quite similar to Rosamund pike.
Excellent movie all round
Blake's best performance IMO. She played a sociopath so well that I believed she was one in real life, more believable than Pike's coupled with her gender-bending menswear
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Stonecoldstare1: 3:47pm On Jan 07, 2020
troubleseller:
Judy - 6.5/10
Renee Zewellger really nailed Judy's mannerisms.

The Farewell - 7.5/10
Judy disappointed me and I was so looking forward to it, I mean it's Judy Garland for Pete's sake but Renee gave an awesome performance
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by kendrick93(m): 4:40pm On Jan 07, 2020
Stonecoldstare1:

Blake's best performance IMO. She played a sociopath so well that I believed she was one in real life, more believable than Pike's coupled with her gender-bending menswear
she was good no doubt but better than pike?.
Pike delivered an Oscar-worthy performance, it's hard to top that.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by kendrick93(m): 4:42pm On Jan 07, 2020
troubleseller:
Go to netnaija......I downloaded Ford vs Ferrari last night on that site
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 4:50pm On Jan 07, 2020
troubleseller:
The quality of Ford Vs Ferrari available now is trash.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 4:52pm On Jan 07, 2020
Stonecoldstare1:

I beg to differ tbh, why both actress nailed both role, i think Pike's was more believable and memorable hence had the more critic praise.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by troubleseller: 4:55pm On Jan 07, 2020
bobo65:

Saw it on tfpdl
Thanks. I'll check it out.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 4:56pm On Jan 07, 2020
DandeNumeruno:
a walk among the tombstones (2014) 8/10

dolores claiborne (1995) 8/10

misery (1990) 8/10

old movies are the best.
You sabi.Most oldies were pace setters to some movies these days, movies like "When harry met sally' (1989) shaped modern rom com genre.Trying to break into 1940's era this year but the monochrome colour is so cringe.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by troubleseller: 4:57pm On Jan 07, 2020
Stonecoldstare1:

Judy disappointed me and I was so looking forward to it, I mean it's Judy Garland for Pete's sake but Renee gave an awesome performance
Ya. The scope was small but I guess her life was too eventful to cover everything.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 5:01pm On Jan 07, 2020
troubleseller:
Judy - 6.5/10
Renee Zewellger really nailed Judy's mannerisms.

The Farewell - 7.5/10
"The Farewell" was a gem and a half

These Foreign language really be the real deal sometimes. According to Bong Joon Ho "Once you overcome the one-inch-tall barrier of subtitles, you will be introduced to so many more amazing films"....They really amazing movies outside of Hollywood...last year my movie reach stretched to Australia, korean, German,Danish and even Iranian cinema and it was worth it
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by dragonking2: 5:07pm On Jan 07, 2020
abduleez1:

Love you 3000 wouldn't even get a darn nomination, talkless of an Award!! grin tongue cry

He got an award. Teens award i mean. cheesy

That's the difference between cinema and theme park movies cheesy

3 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by dragonking2: 5:08pm On Jan 07, 2020
Maleficient: Mistress of Evil - 3/10

Total bull shiit and waste of time
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by dragonking2: 5:11pm On Jan 07, 2020
abduleez1:
More news on this just gets me hyped up.... Can't wait to see FATE!!!

Wonder why I'm more hyped for this than The Batman. lipsrsealed

The reason why is because you've seen many Batman movie and animations compared to that of Dr. Fate/Black Adam.

2021 is going to be explosive
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 5:17pm On Jan 07, 2020
dragonking2:

The reason why is because you've seen many Batman movie and animations compared to that of Dr. Fate/Black Adam.

2021 is going to be explosive

Ma niqqa, you truly mirror my thoughts!! grin

2021 gonna be LIT I swear. grin shocked cool

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by troubleseller: 5:18pm On Jan 07, 2020
oyaskii:
"The Farewell" was a gem and a half

These Foreign language really be the real deal sometimes. According to Bong Joon Ho "Once you overcome the one-inch-tall barrier of subtitles, you will be introduced to so many more amazing films"....They really amazing movies outside of Hollywood...last year my movie reach stretched to Australia, korean, German,Danish and even Iranian cinema and it was worth it
Bruh, I tell you. I've always been overlooking foreign language films but I learnt my mistake. I like how they give different perspectives on issues. I have Rafiki, a Kenyan film, on my watchlist.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by bidemz(m): 5:52pm On Jan 07, 2020
Hi Everyone

pls guys I need some very, I mean very, good movie recommendations of any genre

Action, horror, Adventure, 3D animes etc... I'm counting on you guys

thanks in advance
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Octopusssy(f): 6:26pm On Jan 07, 2020
Marriage Story-

This movie is very lovely and absolutely relatable. The fight seen between Scarlett and Adam is simply epic. One of the best I have ever watched in a movie. It was also very touching.

Adam on his own part is turning out to be a fine actor.

9/10

*sob cry

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Octopusssy(f): 6:29pm On Jan 07, 2020
Jexi-

Very hilarious bag of laughs with a simple theme: drop your phone and go have a real life.

A very funny and entertaining movie.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Stonecoldstare1: 6:53pm On Jan 07, 2020
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Stonecoldstare1: 6:53pm On Jan 07, 2020
troubleseller:
Bruh, I tell you. I've always been overlooking foreign language films but I learnt my mistake. I like how they give different perspectives on issues. I have Rafiki, a Kenyan film, on my watchlist.
We tend to downplay foreign movies a lot. I saw rafiki as an African version of the French film "blue is the warmest color", they both share the same message and in both, color plays an important role in their plot. Too bad Rafiki was banned by the same country it was made because the ending was hopeful. I would have loved for audiences to see that pure form of art
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by CsRockefeller(m): 6:55pm On Jan 07, 2020
Stonecoldstare1:

I still haven't seen joker but I knew he would win. Awards are not just handed out because of a actor's performance, they also look at what the actor had to go through to get into character. He did loose a lot of weight for the role hence the advantage he had over other nominees with stellar performances

I agree, playing such a role isn't easy especially if the actor isn't known for that kind of.role or had to undergo series of changes (physical and otherwise) for the role.

Like Hugh Jackman, having been known for his roles in the Wolverine franchise was able to remarkably fit into the Greatest Show Man, with his voice and dancing skills away from the physical guy we know.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Stonecoldstare1: 7:12pm On Jan 07, 2020
BetWinners:

If Joaquin Phoenix had liked,he should have starved himself to look like the Ethiopian famine victims in the 1980s.
If the studio that produced the Joker movie hadnt campaigned for him to win that award,he would have won nothing.
"The game is rigged muthafuckas"--George Carlin
I'm not even gonna disagree with you on that

The campaign added with the performance and the journey of the actor to get into character were the perfect recipe to win
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by liveyourlife007(m): 7:17pm On Jan 07, 2020
witcher anyone? i jst got to episode 8.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Stonecoldstare1: 7:25pm On Jan 07, 2020
CsRockefeller:

I agree, playing such a role isn't easy especially if the actor isn't known for that kind of.role or had to undergo series of changes (physical and otherwise) for the role.

Like Hugh Jackman, having been known for his roles in the Wolverine franchise was able to remarkably fit into the Greatest Show Man, with his voice and dancing skills away from the physical guy we know.
As an actor, it's your job to interpret any role you are given. You will be surprised at the in depth performances if Will Ferell or Seth Rogen were given the role. We always typecast those actors not knowing their depth

Hugh Jackman did a lot of Broadway in the past, you do a lot of singing and dancing on Broadway so I don't think it was that hard to get into character
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Stonecoldstare1: 7:28pm On Jan 07, 2020
kendrick93:
she was good no doubt but better than pike?.
Pike delivered an Oscar-worthy performance, it's hard to top that.
Maybe I'm biased because of the way gone girl ended
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by CsRockefeller(m): 7:28pm On Jan 07, 2020
Stonecoldstare1:

As an actor, it's your job to interpret any role you are given. You will be surprised at the in depth performances if Will Ferell or Seth Rogen were given the role. We always typecast those actors not knowing their depth

Hugh Jackman did a lot of Broadway in the past, you do a lot of singing and dancing on Broadway so I don't think it was that hard to get into character

Know him mostly for the action packed movies. But, some Actors may not be able to interpret any role. Actors like Samuel L Jackson, Wesley Snipes and co. Dwayne Johnson is one guy I know that can do that, not forgetting Tyler Perry.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by troubleseller: 7:38pm On Jan 07, 2020
Stonecoldstare1:

We tend to downplay foreign movies a lot. I saw rafiki as an African version of the French film "blue is the warmest color", they both share the same message and in both, color plays an important role in their plot. Too bad Rafiki was banned by the same country it was made because the ending was hopeful. I would have loved for audiences to see that pure form of art
So, Rafiki was that movie. I never knew. I'll watch it soon.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Stonecoldstare1: 7:38pm On Jan 07, 2020
CsRockefeller:

Know him mostly for the action packed movies. But, some Actors may not be able to interpret any role. Actors like Samuel L Jackson, Wesley Snipes and co. Dwayne Johnson is one guy I know that can do that, not forgetting Tyler Perry.
He was in "Les Miserable" before the greatest showman so he's no stranger to musicals. The others will have to go for voice training if they truly want to take on a musical role because I haven't heard them sing, maybe i've heard the rock and snipes in too Wong too or it's just my imagination playing wild
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Stonecoldstare1: 7:40pm On Jan 07, 2020
troubleseller:
So, Rafiki was that movie. I never knew. I'll watch it soon.
Yes, it's that film. Lol

You got it

(1) (2) (3) ... (1831) (1832) (1833) (1834) (1835) (1836) (1837) ... (3834) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: xtreme11, CaptMaxino(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.