Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,108 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:14 PM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (1847) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3763494 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1844) (1845) (1846) (1847) (1848) (1849) (1850) ... (3838) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 2:07pm On Jan 17, 2020
Peeps are now reacting to the length of posts. Y'all never see better arguments here. You go see long posts tire. Miss the good old days on this thread sha

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by cao(f): 2:51pm On Jan 17, 2020
Seunpaul01:

My goodness smiley ,,, I like u already cao wink u av a charming way of expression.

Going to follow button asap.
Thanks, I also have a YouTube channel, subscribe if you enjoy the content.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by urahara(m): 3:52pm On Jan 17, 2020
Unbroken 8.5 / 10

The directing seemed kind of sloppy tho.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 4:14pm On Jan 17, 2020
kendrick93:
Reviews aren't gonna determine how much this movie make....
Venom got terrible ratings and still came out smashing the box office....

Dude Venom is a Superhero Movie and to the best of my knowledge Comic book Movies have been smashing the box office for the past 2 years.

Heck, even Suicide Squad with it's terrible reviews still made $746mn worldwide without even showing in China. It even still bagged an Oscar and ruled pop culture that year. It's soundtracks and original songs topped the charts too. So?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 5:32pm On Jan 17, 2020
Terminator Dark Fate

Very enjoyable.

Knives Out

Finally completed it since last year and the mystery is top notch.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by TheKingIsHere: 9:02pm On Jan 17, 2020
Terminator Dark fate - 4/10

Too many plot holes from the very beginning, disjointed storyline that negates the previous movies, the acting wasn't exceptional, dialogue was poor and overall, no emotional connection to this movie whatsoever. You just feel blank at the end.

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by TheKingIsHere: 9:10pm On Jan 17, 2020
BlackManta:

The only people praising Terminator dark fate are those who love good action films...and yes it is a good action film.

But is Terminator dark fate a good Terminator film?

Not even close.
It's a terrible Terminator film and anybody that loved the first the first two films and understands the story James Cameron took the franchise then will really hate Dark Fate.

Dark Fate is a disgrace to Terminator 1 and T2...two best films in the franchise.

I rate Dark Fate 3/10

A good action film but a terrible terminator film.

My review coming up soon....

It is a terrible movie that negates T1 and T2.

The only people that will enjoy this movie are the ones who just want to watch gbim gbim, gba gba, gbo gbo
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by TheKingIsHere: 9:21pm On Jan 17, 2020
alexistaiwo:
You really have time to waste.

You are watching action movie and expecting moral instructions and things associated with a different genre.

Sit in, watch them blow shiit up, enjoy the movie and move on.

From what I have seen so far, Dark fate is a nice movie, what is my concern with how it compares to the previous installments?

John wick3 has one of the best action sequences ever, yet the storyline is damn good, and it connected properly to its previous movies.

That's why people are eagerly waiting for the next john wick movie.

A bad movie even with action sequences is still a bad movie, and that's what terminator dark fate is.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by chem58: 10:05pm On Jan 17, 2020
Pls who ave watch Grand Hotel
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by chem58: 10:05pm On Jan 17, 2020
Pls any update on grand hotel seanson 2
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by acedsportsng: 11:22pm On Jan 17, 2020
TheKingIsHere:

John wick3 has one of the best action sequences ever, yet the storyline is damn good, and it connected properly to its previous movies.

That's why people are eagerly waiting for the next john wick movie.

A bad movie even with action sequences is still a bad movie, and that's what terminator dark fate is.

How you people think sometimes ehn... Is really baffling

Comparing John Wick that was released in quick successions and had one storyline to Terminator that was first released in the 80s and has had installations that really didn't fall with the original storyline.

John Wick is more like a full movie divided into 3 parts na...like Lord of the Rings..

Make una dey reason before talk sometimes ehn undecided

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 1:07am On Jan 18, 2020
Terminator: Dark Fate .........6/10

Wack plot, wack acting. The only believable character there was enhanced human— Grace. Linda Hamilton be acting like she was forced to do so, Dani was just there. Although, it has brilliant fight scenes and good CGI.

Terminator Rev 9 is a pussy Terminator and prolly the weakest I've seen. He's too easily beat down and ironically the most advanced. Only put up a decent fight at the END.

All in all– a good Action film.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 1:10am On Jan 18, 2020
Maleficent: Mistress of Evil ........5/10

********SPOILER ALERT*********

The first installment is far better than this abomination. It had some potential but story-telling and execution was wack. The Star(s) of the movie was the Two Queens— Maleficent and Ingrith. Got beautiful scenery and CGI. Nice Cinematography.
It's nothing else but a chick flick!

The way the Queen's soldiers made mince meat of those Feathered Dark Fay was annoying and unrealistic. With those powers they had they couldn't even do any single damage!! Pretty Ironic with how they promised to take the fight to the humans. Disney just messed up the end with a family friendly PG 13 narrative. All of a sudden humans like and tolerate Fays, totally ignoring past distrust and loathing. Chai!!

Alas, it's a fairytale. Don't know why it still annoys me. If you want to enjoy this one just switch off your brains small and use Zee World ethos to watch this.

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by brotherMeigma(m): 3:20am On Jan 18, 2020
Itzneowizy:
code 8??
Like 4.5/10 for me
wow! You sabi d tin. I was about rating it 4.5/10 too.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Treyknowles(m): 6:43am On Jan 18, 2020
chem58:
Pls any update on grand hotel seanson 2
Cancelled
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 7:23am On Jan 18, 2020
You people should learn to know what to expect from movies.

I don't want to insult you but close your eyes, talk to your brain and ask yourself what is realistic about a story which has fairies.

If you want realistic storyline, go and watch biographical adaptations.

abduleez1:

The first installment is far better than this abomination. It had some potential but story-telling and execution was wack. The Star(s) of the movie was the Two Queens— Maleficent and Ingrith. Got beautiful scenery and CGI. Nice Cinematography.

The way the Queen's soldiers made mince meat of those Feathered Dark Fay was annoying and unrealistic. With those powers they had they couldn't even do any single damage!! Pretty Ironic with how they promised to take the fight to the humans. Disney just messed up the end with a family friendly PG 13 narrative. All of a sudden humans like and tolerate Fays, totally ignoring past distrust and loathing. Chai!!

Alas, it's a fairytale. Don't know why it still annoys me. If you want to enjoy this one just switch off your brains small and use Zee World ethos to watch this.

3 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 9:02am On Jan 18, 2020
abduleez1:

A sequel coming out after 5 years of the first installment in an era where disney is all about money grabbing and you lot expected anything good in terms of story line from this movie? I knew it was an overstretched deadbeat immediately i saw the trailer but the visuals were stunning and that's the only reason for one to see this movie...just surprised you expected more.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 9:42am On Jan 18, 2020
oyaskii:
A sequel coming out after 5 years of the first installment in an era where disney is all about money grabbing and you lot expected anything good in terms of story line from this movie? I knew it was an overstretched deadbeat immediately i saw the trailer but the visuals were stunning and that's the only reason for one to see this movie...just surprised you expected more.

Yeah, I expected a little too much. Too bad I got fooled by the trailer thinking it would be a little darker than the first a la "Snow-white and the Huntsman" and better world building.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 9:58am On Jan 18, 2020
alexistaiwo:
You people should learn to know what to expect from movies.

I don't want to insult you but close your eyes, talk to your brain and ask yourself what is realistic about a story which has fairies.

If you want realistic storyline, go and watch biographical adaptations.

Lol grin

Yea, yea, I know it's a fairytale and I've watched fairytales far better than this. Think Cinderella, Snow White and the Huntsman. They were head and shoulder Better than this.

Being a fairytale just doesn't make it to be outright plain stupid. It can be a fairytale and still be good. Besides this is not the first fairytale I've watched. The trailer also led me to believe it would be a tiny bit darker and mature. angry

It was going smoothly and almost perfectly until the ending just undid any good will and perfection it had already set up at the beginning.

Maybe I expected a bit too much.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ScamAlexistaiwo: 10:05am On Jan 18, 2020
alexistaiwo:
[s]You people should learn to know what to expect from movies.

If you want realistic storyline, go and watch biographical adaptations. [/s]

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 10:21am On Jan 18, 2020
ScamAlexistaiwo:

LMAO ROTFLOL grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ScamAlexistaiwo: 10:22am On Jan 18, 2020
abduleez1:

LMAO ROTFLOL grin grin grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Hueyreckless0007: 10:45am On Jan 18, 2020
Ford vs Ferrari

9/10

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by kendrick93(m): 10:56am On Jan 18, 2020
abduleez1:

Dude Venom is a Superhero Movie and to the best of my knowledge Comic book Movies have been smashing the box office for the past 2 years.

Heck, even Suicide Squad with it's terrible reviews still made $746mn worldwide without even showing in China. It even still bagged an Oscar and ruled pop culture that year. It's soundtracks and original songs topped the charts too. So?
Let's wait and see then....
Like I said there have been movie's that did well despite poor reviews
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 11:55am On Jan 18, 2020
kendrick93:
Let's wait and see then....
Like I said there have been movie's that did well despite poor reviews

Baba the movie is already pronounced a BOMB already. So no argument.

It's had a Thursday night preview of $993k— less than a million dollars!! That's a looming bomb no doubt for a wide release.

It is projected to earn about $16mn debut weekend for a production budget of $175mn. Is that looking like a success to you?

This one no get argument of wait and see sef, na outright NUCLEAR BOMB!
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 12:26pm On Jan 18, 2020
BlackManta:
TERMINATOR WOKE FATE....3/10

My Review

SPOILER ALERT

Like I said in my previous post the only people praising Terminator dark fate are those who love good action films...and yes it is a good action film.

This movie has some of the elements of a good action film but it is a horrible terminator film and I will explain why.

There are a lot of things I hate about this film but first let me start with the positives.

PROS...

Good Acting except..... Linda Hamilton...yes the acting in this film was really good. I thought Justin Bieber and the Mexican chick did well with what they were given but Linda felt off and bored. Something tells she only came back for this unnecessary sequel just for the money. She looks uninterested and it showed in her acting....my personal observation tho.

Justin Bieber....that lady really impressed me. I think she was by a mile the best character in this film.

Great action sequences.... The action in this film was really good and keeps you hooked and at the edge of your seat.

That's all with the positives....

When this movie came out people were calling it the best Terminator movie since T2....and it makes sense because the sequels after T2 brought the bar way too fuçking low. And if anything, this movie only brought that bar a lot lower.

Now let me explain why I hate this movie and rated it 3/10.

CONS....

1. HORRIBLE RECYCLED STORY

The movie starts off by killing John Connor...
the importance of this future freedom fighter residing in Sarah Connor's womb was stated from the first Terminator movie. This kid MUST be born, protected, and cultivated to save humanity.

But no... just kill him off because they're clearly out of ideas, so let's start from scratch.

There, that's all you need to know. Everything Sarah Connor and Kyle Reese went through Terminator 1 was for nothing. Everything John, Sarah and Uncle Bob went through Terminator 2 was for nothing.

Now do you see what I meant when I said Dark Fate is a disgrace to Terminator 1 and T2.
This movie sh*ts all over everybody's favourite films in the franchise.

Question #1. Where are the robots here in 2019? Per T3, Skynet launched and Armageddon was in full effect. Never mind let's move on.

Eventually, a sixty-something-year-old cranky Sarah Connor enters the picture. We later find out from her that a third Arnie T-800 killed her son John in 1998.

Question #2. How was John Connor killed in 1998 when he was alive in 2003 and later?

Question #3. How was Sarah Connor still alive when she died of leukemia per T3?

I'm finding out now that this movie is supposed to be a continuation of the timeline after T2. Which means that the three movies after T2 were a big red herring and a colossal waste of time.

With a retcon it turns out that Skynet had actually sent back multiple Terminators to take out John -- a move that not only goes against the entire internal logic of Terminator 2, but also carries the added weight of having irrevocably defiled the emotional weight of Uncle Bob's heartrending death scene. In case anyone forgot, the sole reason he died was because his was the last CPU that could lead to Skynet's creation and he willingly accepted his fate to prevent that from happening.

But whatever, they stopped Skynet, so now a new rogue AI has taken its place -- because what else are they gonna do? -- and it sent back a Terminator to kill some random girl who's gonna become the new leader of the resistance against Skynet 2.0. Tell me if things start sounding familiar to you, because I'm having serious deja vu here.

These lazy writers recycled the same story we have been told before cry

I'm still waiting for the promised future showdown with Skynet. One that depicts John Connor as the future leader of the human resistance, and shows the human struggle and sacrifice that leads to ultimate victory over the heartless and hostile machines. Where is that movie? Well we're never going to get a future war movie with John Connor anymore.

And oh yeah, the Terminator that killed John is the same one played by Arnold -- just like Terminator 3 -- only this time he's moved on, started a family and settled down and we're somehow supposed to care about the guy that essentially murdered 2 great movies' worth of development.

First of all, I can't imagine a Terminator, whose sole mission is to eliminate human existence, would decide to live a normal human life after executing its primary target.
This Terminator--a machine--decided to adopt a family after killing John Connor. Like, "Well, I have no one to kill so let me settle down and start a family." Plus, he was so remorseful for that killing that he forever after helped Sarah Connor eliminate other Terminators by feeding her information. What rubbish.

God will punish the person that decided a terminator, after completing it's mission, can grow a conscience and have a family. That is a very stupid thing to do.
A terminator should go back to the future or self destruct after completing it's mission.

What if a government organisation discovered Arnold Schwarzenegger's terminator, captured him and replicated the technology

Do you see why it's a bad idea to leave a terminator lying around.

2. Dani Ramos

Now we have Dani Ramos as the primary target and John Connor is totally out of the picture. We find out that Dani's main gifts are the ability to make people stop fighting each other. That's great and all but come on.

John Connor was forged for the job as a leader of the resistance. His mother bore him and trained him since birth how to prepare for Judgment Day and how to fight Terminators. It made perfect sense for him to lead the resistance. His preparation was decades in the making. Now we get a woman whose greatest asset is being a motivational speaker.

3. TERRIBLE VILLAIN

The villain isn't scary. They said Rev 9 is the most dangerous terminator. Well, I dont buy it. He's being bullied, bossed around, thrown everywhere, easily kept at bay with guns and overall the nice, calm, human persona of the infiltration behavioral pattern just makes the character look like a really generic villain. Calm, evil, almost psychopathic, but that is not what a Terminator is. And hilariously Arnie's Young Cameo at the start of the movie posed MORE of a threat than the entirety of the Rev 9 throughout the entire movie. It is nothing short of insane how badly they understand what a Terminator is supposed to act like.

4. FEMINISM PROPAGANDA

Too much female proper gander. Too political & shoe horned. Males portrayed as bad/weak guys & females portrayed as good strong characters. Several degrading snipes a men. I.e. female lead takes clothes of male character & leaves him behind in his boxers. She does this twice. O'Conner's character tells Carl to shut the f up. And so on. Male characters sidelined or belittled. Female empowerment overload, females stole the film & did most of the heavy lifting. Toxic femininity & misandry were rife in this sequel.

So overall, I have to say this film was a mixed bag. Sort of. But the female empowerment & political correctness is really starting to jar me off. This shoehorning in films today has gone too far. Male directors, writers & producers being forced to make a film which is both Politically Correct & portrays women as strong & men as weak. Long story short, the political message is made for equality but contradicts itself with male characters being put down & not being equal to female leads.

Typing...
Feminism these days is too rampant . i still remember how thor and the hulk were made to look weak in the avengers endgame movie . those who are awake will not fall for their bullshit . all these strong female and weak male characters , i am not buying it.

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by TheKingIsHere: 1:23pm On Jan 18, 2020
acedsportsng:

How you people think sometimes ehn... Is really baffling

Comparing John Wick that was released in quick successions and had one storyline to Terminator that was first released in the 80s and has had installations that really didn't fall with the original storyline.

John Wick is more like a full movie divided into 3 parts na...like Lord of the Rings..

Make una dey reason before talk sometimes ehn undecided

Your response shows that you lack wisdom. This is not an insult but its the truth.

I will use another movie;

Bad boy for life that just came out is also an action packed film that has a good storyline and is still connected to the first bad boy movie(s) that came out in the early 90s (and also old as the first terminator).

So, if BB4L can do it, why not TDF?

TDF is a bad movie that contradicts it's previous movies with terrible writing and no explanation to why it was so... it has action sequences, nothing more. If you are all in for the action, then it's good but for storyline (which is the main focus), it is an epic fail.

and has had installations that really didn't fall with the original storyline.

Why not go for something totally different than the previous instalments then? Why contradict what was done in T1 and T2 if it wasn't for shitty writing?

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by nani667: 1:33pm On Jan 18, 2020
smiley

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by BlackManta(m): 1:34pm On Jan 18, 2020
OnlineSalesNG:
Feminism these days is too rampant . i still remember how thor and the hulk were made to look weak in the avengers endgame movie . those who are awake will not fall for their bullshit . all these strong female and weak male characters , i am not buying it.

Terminator dark fate was made to pander to feminists.
In fact it is a feminist and heavily female centric film.
The movie had 3 female protagonists , only 1 was male and a male villain.

The director himself confirmed that he wanted the movie to scare away misogynists and sexist trolls...and it looks like the movie did way more than that as it failed to attract audience and failing woefully at the box office.

Go Woke
Go Broke

5 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by kendrick9(m): 3:42pm On Jan 18, 2020
Bad Boys For Life doing well at the box office....
Has a high score at IMDB and RT.
Many will be disappointed after proclaiming it a flop before it's been released... smh
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 7:36pm On Jan 18, 2020
kendrick9:
Bad Boys For Life doing well at the box office....
Has a high score at IMDB and RT.
Many will be disappointed after proclaiming it a flop before it's been released... smh

And who said it's gonna be a flop?

(1) (2) (3) ... (1844) (1845) (1846) (1847) (1848) (1849) (1850) ... (3838) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.