Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,421 members, 7,815,954 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:03 PM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (2012) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3741162 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2009) (2010) (2011) (2012) (2013) (2014) (2015) ... (3832) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Illusioneffect(m): 12:18pm On Apr 13, 2020
kendrick9:
Ok list but you omitted Christopher Waltz and Tom Cruise....
Pattinson really?
You included Chris Evans but no Will Smith?
And Jamie Foxx deserves a mention too
and I added Chris Evans because I liked his beards that's all
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 12:24pm On Apr 13, 2020
Illusioneffect:
BEST ACTORS/ ACTRESSES OF THIS LAST DECADE 2010 - 2019

20. Robert Downey Jr
19. Regina King (Watchmen, If Beale Street Could Talk)
18. Adam Driver (Lincoln, Silence, Marriage Story, Star Wars - The force awakens, Blackklansman)
17. Jennifer Lawrence (The Hunger Games, Silver Linings Playbook, Xmen - Days of Future Past)
16. Scarlett Johansson (Marriage Story, The Avengers, Jojo Rabbit)
15. Margot Robbie (The Wolf of Wall Street, Suicide Squad, [I, Tonya], Bombshell)
14. Mahershala Ali (House of Cards, Moonlight, The Green Book, True Detective)
13. Saoirse Ronan (Brooklyn, Lady Bird, Mary Queen of Scot, Little Women)
12. Daniel Day Lewis (Lincoln, Phantom Thread)
11. Bradley Cooper (Silver Lining Playbook, The Place Behind the Pines, American Sniper, A Star is Born)
10. Lupita Nyong'o (12 Years a Slave, Queen of Katwe, Us, Black Panther)
9. Tom Hardy (Mad Max - Fury Road, Dark Knight Rises, Inception, The Revenant)
8. Matthew McConaughey (The Lincoln Lawyer, Dallas Buyers Club, True Detective)
7. Emma Stone (Easy A, Birdman, La La land)
6. Ryan Gosling (Half Nelson, Blue Valentine, Drive, Big Short, First Man)
5. Christian Bale (American Hustle, Fighter, Vice, Ford vFerrari)
4. Amy Adams (The Master, American Hustle, Arrival)
3. Jake Gyllenhal (Source Code, End of Watch, Nightcrawler, Prisoners, Spiderman Far from Home)
2. Leonardo Di'Caprio (Django Unchained, Inception, Once upon a time in Hollywood, Revenant, the wolf of wall street)
1. Joaquin Phoenix (I'm still here, The Master, Joker)

Honorable Mentions
Natalie Portman
Viola Davis
Robert Pattinson
Chris Evans
Brie Larsson
Michael B. Jordan
This is my list oo

Biased list angry
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Illusioneffect(m): 12:25pm On Apr 13, 2020
blackjack21:

Well, when aired to the public, opinions are not personal anymore. any person that want his opinion to remain truly personal, he should keep them to himself.
u have a point, and my list is not so personal because I compiled my list and before posting it, I checked different lists online and my list was definitely well thought out seeing there was not much difference....... and all the lists I checked none contained Samuel L. Jackson's name
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Illusioneffect(m): 12:26pm On Apr 13, 2020
hulk616:

Biased list angry
what do u mean by bias, my dear
I don't have any I'll intention towards any actor, u know
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 12:30pm On Apr 13, 2020
sallywest:
Guys, i need your help in choosing the best series of all time for me....
AGENTS OF SHIELD
STAR WAR-CLONE WARS
DAREDEVIL
SUPERGIRL
THE PUNISHER
VIKING
GOTHAM
[s]GAME OF THRONE
ALTERED CARBON
THE 1O0
THE BLACKLIST[/s]
LUKE CAGE
[s]HUMAN TARGET
SUPERNATURAL
NIKITA
CHICAGO
SHOOTERS
WARRIOR
WATCHMEN
BLINDSPOT
BLACKLIGTNING
9-1-1[/s]

HELP ME CHOOSE THE BEST SERIES FOR ME TO DOWNLOAD ����... ONLY IF YOU HAVE WATCHED IT.
done.

Don't listen to people who says Game of thrones is good. That series is trash, very trash
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 12:31pm On Apr 13, 2020
Illusioneffect:

I love the handmaiden movie, but it will be in my top 30, and I haven't watched the oldboy movie soooo... Maybe I can change my mind
Oldboy is great...watch it...2003
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 12:32pm On Apr 13, 2020
paradigmshift:
My best actor of all time still reamin Denzel Washington..
blasphemy against Robert Downey Jr. angry
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by blackjack21(m): 12:34pm On Apr 13, 2020
Illusioneffect:

u have a point, and my list is not so personal because I compiled my list and before posting it, I checked different lists online and my list was definitely well thought out seeing there was not much difference....... and all the lists I checked none contained Samuel L. Jackson's name

You tried.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 12:35pm On Apr 13, 2020
Illusioneffect:

and I added Chris Evans because I liked his beards that's all

LMAO.. I know it's your list, but you're very funny though. So you added Chris Evans cause of his beards??
That list of yours is probably largely based on actors you like & not on the acting prowess or achievements of the aforementioned actors.
Though some of the names there are worth it, others are just who you like.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 12:35pm On Apr 13, 2020
Illusioneffect:

what do u mean by bias, my dear
I don't have any I'll intention towards any actor, u know
your track record has shown you like DC more . So your list having that overrated joker actor just shows your list is biased angry
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 12:36pm On Apr 13, 2020
mekaprime:

That list of yours is probably largely based on actors you like & not on the acting prowess or achievements of the aforementioned actors.
on point. angry
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Illusioneffect(m): 12:46pm On Apr 13, 2020
hulk616:
your track record has shown you like DC more . So your list having that overrated joker actor just shows your list is biased angry
Me? DC? God forbid, DC is the worst people at making films that one can enjoy, but I still believe Joaquin Phoenix is the best actor of this decade - every of his movie I have watched is on point, the way he transforms himself to fit the characters renaissance is amazing
You shud watch Her, The Master, Inherent Vice, You were never really here.
And do you know he acted in Gladiator 2000?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Unionised(m): 12:50pm On Apr 13, 2020
Plead:

Didn’t know Leonardo Di ‘caprio was in Django unchained..

Mehn...that movie is dope.

I’ll rate it 7/10.

I think he had enough screen time for one to recognise him.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Illusioneffect(m): 12:51pm On Apr 13, 2020
mekaprime:

LMAO.. I know it's your list, but you're very funny though. So you added Chris Evans cause of his beards??
Though some of the names there are worth it, others are just who you like.
Actually no, the list is made up of actors I have followed throughout my short lifetime as a cinematographer and have made the movies what it is today. My list existentiality is quite common in many other lists if u could check others that are everywhere. And besides, I like them too. If u have watched most of the films here, you will not be talking like this oo :-)
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Illusioneffect(m): 12:52pm On Apr 13, 2020
Baddestguyp:
Oldboy is great...watch it...2003
ok oo
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Illusioneffect(m): 12:54pm On Apr 13, 2020
blackjack21:

You tried.
Ok oo, u sef haf try
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Illusioneffect(m): 12:56pm On Apr 13, 2020
hulk616:
Hulk wetin DC do you?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 12:56pm On Apr 13, 2020
Illusioneffect:

Actually no, the list is made up of actors I have followed throughout my short lifetime as a cinematographer and have made the movies what it is today. My list existentiality is quite common in many other lists if u could check others that are everywhere. And besides, I like them too. If u have watched most of the films here, you will not be talking like this oo :-)
The word you're looking for is cinephile. A Cinematographer works on the movie set.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Liposure: 12:57pm On Apr 13, 2020
hulk616:
done.

Don't listen to people who says Game of thrones is good. That series is trash, very trash
after all its awards n large international fanbase?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Illusioneffect(m): 12:57pm On Apr 13, 2020
Kaycee7:
The word you're looking for is cinephile. A Cinematographer works on the movie set.
Actually am a cinematographer, I work in movie sets, tnk u
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 1:02pm On Apr 13, 2020
Illusioneffect:

Me? DC? God forbid, DC is the worst people at making films that one can enjoy, but I still believe Joaquin Phoenix is the best actor of this decade - every of his movie I have watched is on point, the way he transforms himself to fit the characters renaissance is amazing
You shud watch Her, The Master, Inherent Vice, You were never really here.
And do you know he acted in Gladiator 2000?
joker was very trash. Even gladiator was very boring. So I don't see the reason why he is number one over Robert Downey Jr angry
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 1:04pm On Apr 13, 2020
Illusioneffect:

Hulk wetin DC do you?
they produce trash
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by kendrick9(m): 1:04pm On Apr 13, 2020
Illusioneffect:

I would have added Jamie Foxx to the list, but his films like Annie, Amazing Spiderman 2, Horrible Bosses, Baby Driver, Sleepless, Due Date and the rest,.... well most of them, he did not play the main actor, so it didn't count much, but I'm definitely waiting for the animation film, Soul to come out and prove me wrong about it
I love Waltz buuut he won't still be on my list anyways, sorry
and Tom Cruise has not been consistent in his movies that much. Most of them like Rock of Ages, Edge of Tomorrow, Jack Reacher were good but the rest were not that successful

Robert Pattinson shud even be among sef becos of people hate the twilight movie that's why I no put am sef, with movies like Damsel, Highlife, the Lighthouse winning multiple awards and him acting as Batman in 2021, u will want to watch those films first to know how talented he is
If I'm not mistaken you're counting from 2000 upwards.....
Tom Cruise has been in collateral, tropic thunder, jack reacher, last samurai and of course his mission impossible films...
All of this movies were successful at the box office Along with Award nominations too...
Most of the actors you listed will be lucky to have a better resume than this.....

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 1:07pm On Apr 13, 2020
Liposure:
after all its awards n large international fanbase?
we are in the period where nonsense get awards and large fan base. Only marvel and disney are the only ones that produces good quality products.

Thats why A trashy movie like joker, once upon a time in Hollywood are getting Oscars over a masterpiece like endgame. angry

Game of thrones is the most overrated piece of trash in the last 3 billion years angry
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Illusioneffect(m): 1:11pm On Apr 13, 2020
kendrick9:
If I'm not mistaken you're counting from 2000 upwards.....
Tom Cruise has been in collateral, tropic thunder, jack reacher, last samurai and of course his mission impossible films...
All of this movies were successful at the box office Along with Award nominations too...
Most of the actors you listed will be lucky to have a better resume than this.....
I am counting from 2010-2019
and the mission impossible films made money this decade but it is not top of many people's best films list, even the internet can tell u that
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 1:11pm On Apr 13, 2020
Illusioneffect:

Actually am a cinematographer, I work in movie sets, tnk u
Nice! Was just reacting to the context it was used in.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by kendrick9(m): 1:15pm On Apr 13, 2020
Illusioneffect:

I am counting from 2010-2019
and the mission impossible films made money this decade but it is not top of many people's best films list, even the internet can tell u that
what list is that?
Mission impossible ghost protocol, Rogue nation and Fall-out all had 90+ ratings on Rotten Tomatoes and and is generally regarded as the best Action Films of it's era.....
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 1:20pm On Apr 13, 2020
Illusioneffect:

Am not saying you made a bad list, as i quite agree with some of your choice of actors, but when you start adding actors cause of their beards, it makes your list less credible & questionable.

You could have easily replaced Chris Evans & Michael B. Jordan with Denzel Washington. Infact as a cinematographer who you claim to be, it's quite a taboo not to include Denzel Washington on the main list, not even honorable mentions. Have you seen any of the following;
Fences
The magnificent seven
The equalizer
Roman J Isreal Esq
Flight
Book of Eli.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by kendrick9(m): 1:20pm On Apr 13, 2020
Plead:

Didn’t know Leonardo Di ‘caprio was in Django unchained..

Mehn...that movie is dope.

I’ll rate it 7/10.
Leonardo was probably the best part of the movie
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Illusioneffect(m): 1:31pm On Apr 13, 2020
mekaprime:

Am not saying you made a bad list, as i quite agree with some of your choice of actors, but when you start adding actors cause of their beards, it makes your list less credible & questionable.

You could have easily replaced Chris Evans & Michael B. Jordan with Denzel Washington. Infact as a cinematographer who you claim to be, it's quite a taboo not to include Denzel Washington on the main list, not even honorable mentions. Have you seen any of the following;
Fences
The magnificent seven
The equalizer
Roman J Isreal Esq
Flight
Book of Eli.
The Equaliser and Book of Eli were great films but.... My opinion is Michael B. Jordan played a better role than he did... and sorry to include Chris Evans, I just wanted too
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 1:34pm On Apr 13, 2020
Illusioneffect:

The Equaliser and Book of Eli were great films but.... My opinion is Michael B. Jordan played a better role than he did... and sorry to include Chris Evans, I just wanted too
And I do respect your opinion, cheers mate.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Illusioneffect(m): 1:37pm On Apr 13, 2020
mekaprime:

You could have easily replaced Chris Evans & Michael B. Jordan with Denzel Washington. Infact as a cinematographer who you claim to be, it's quite a taboo not to include Denzel Washington on the main list, not even honorable mentions. Have you seen any of the following?
Fences
The magnificent seven
The equalizer
Roman J Isreal Esq
Flight
Book of Eli.
I have seen all of them

(1) (2) (3) ... (2009) (2010) (2011) (2012) (2013) (2014) (2015) ... (3832) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: Thazard(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.