Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,394 members, 7,861,103 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 12:30 AM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (2067) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3831248 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2064) (2065) (2066) (2067) (2068) (2069) (2070) ... (3863) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 5:11pm On Apr 22, 2020
mekaprime:

300 Spartans - Mystery??
Lord of the rings - History??
Clash of the Titans - Mystery??

300 Spartans was : Action, Adventure & History which is highly loosely based on the 300 who battled & died in Thermopylai in 480bc.

Lord of the rings: Action, Adventure, Drama, Fantasy.

Clash of Titans: Action, Fantasy, Adventure, History (myth)

None of those aforementioned movies had those 4 things you listed & definitely, no movie will. Going by the movies you mentioned, you should be fine with:

Apocalypto
The Hobbit Trilogy
wrath of the titans
300 rise of the empire
Hercules 2014
The Great Wall
Warcraft
Troy
Alexander.

Lolz, grin I don fear which mystery dey those list of films. grin grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 5:14pm On Apr 22, 2020
Bratking:

Bruv, I never been more serious in my life.

There is nothing to like...

When it comes to animated films, I mostly stick to Pixar-like animations. I don't know what possessed me to download this caricature of a thing.

It seems you don't like 2D animations. You're the 3D loving type. grin

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Bratking(m): 5:19pm On Apr 22, 2020
abduleez1:

It seems you don't like 2D animations. You're the 3D loving type. grin
Well put. Love 3D, hate 2D.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 5:20pm On Apr 22, 2020
MacCantStopMe:

Low resolution?

Is that what you call all the DC superman and Batman animations?

It's purely lack of better words. I think what they meant is 2D animations vs 3D animations style.

The latter looks far better than the former. grin grin

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 5:28pm On Apr 22, 2020
abduleez1:

Lolz, grin I don fear which mystery dey those list of films. grin grin

lolz... the list shock me too, na him i carry microscope they find the mystery way day those movies.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 5:30pm On Apr 22, 2020
MacCantStopMe:

Low resolution?

Is that what you call all the DC superman and Batman animations?

I think i put it better by saying cartoonish animations, as i hinted in the next line.
Those DC animations from WB are all cartoonish, not that they're bad, it's just that they are less in tune to reality in comparison to their 3d counterpart.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 5:33pm On Apr 22, 2020
MacCantStopMe:

So.people that dont like superhero movies can rate Avengers Endgames as 3/10?

There are criteria used to rate a film

1. The logic of the plot

2. The cinematography, visuals and camera work

3 The acting ability of the actors

4. The pacing of the movie

5. The overall themes of the movie

6. The score or soundtracks

At the emboldened, believe you me, I've heard someone call that movie childish, just because he doesn't like Superhero flicks. Meaning that if he were to rate it, then we'll looking at a 1 or probably 2/10
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 5:37pm On Apr 22, 2020
Bratking:

How can you give a good rating to a movie you don't enjoy??

It's like you don't understand the point of critiquing a movie.

The way I understand it, people have only good things to say about movies that they enjoy, and bad things about those that they don't.

I so much agree with you. I find it puzzling that someone would like what they hate, it kinda looks like an oxymoron(minus the side by side context). Giving good ratings to a movie you hate, shows you liked & enjoyed it.

It's more of being undecided, cause what you hate, you can't tolerate. I for instance am undecided or on the fence, as regards Drama & Romance flicks, but when i see a good movie amongst the 2, i try to give honor when it's due.

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Bratking(m): 5:49pm On Apr 22, 2020
mekaprime:

I so much agree with you. I find it puzzling that someone would like what they hate, it kinda looks like an oxymoron(minus the side by side context). Giving good ratings to a movie you hate, shows you liked & enjoyed it.

It's more of being undecided. I for instance am undecided or on the fence, as regards Drama & Romance flicks, but when i see a good movie amongst the 2, i try to give honor when it's due.

Eggzactly. You can't eat your cake and have it. There are two options at play, but they can't have both because the options conflict with each other.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DriggityDre: 6:39pm On Apr 22, 2020
The Room (2003) - negative 4/10
The film centers on a melodramatic love triangle between amiable banker Johnny (Wiseau), his deceptive fiancée Lisa (Danielle), and his conflicted best friend Mark (Sestero). A significant portion of the film is dedicated to a series of unrelated subplots, most of which involve at least one supporting character and are left unresolved due to the film's inconsistent narrative structure.

The Room was panned by critics for its poor acting, screenplay, dialogue, production values, score, direction, and cinematography. The film is described as one of the worst films ever made by several publications. I couldn't even give it a 0/10 rating. It's worse than zero rating.

The lead character Johnny (Wiseau) was also the writer, director, producer and executive producer of the movie.
The movie's budget was $6 million; box office turnout was $1,852.

I knew about the legendary movie since. I finally decided to watch it today of all days. Never again..

May God give us the grace to forget.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 7:07pm On Apr 22, 2020
DriggityDre:
The film centers on a melodramatic love triangle between amiable banker Johnny (Wiseau), his deceptive fiancée Lisa (Danielle), and his conflicted best friend Mark (Sestero). A significant portion of the film is dedicated to a series of unrelated subplots, most of which involve at least one supporting character and are left unresolved due to the film's inconsistent narrative structure.

The Room was panned by critics for its poor acting, screenplay, dialogue, production values, score, direction, and cinematography. The film is described as one of the worst films ever made by several publications. I couldn't even give it a 0/10 rating. It's worse than zero rating.

The lead character Johnny (Wiseau) was also the writer, director, producer and executive producer of the movie.

I knew about the legendary movie since. I finally decided to watch it today of all days. Never again..

my God this is worse than DC Catwoman. angry

But this trash has better rating than Catwoman on rotton tomatoes angry
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DriggityDre: 7:15pm On Apr 22, 2020
hulk616:
my God this is worse than DC Catwoman. angry

But this trash has better rating than Catwoman on rotton tomatoes angry
Don't let rotten tomatoes' rating fool you. The movie was so bad that it became a cult classic. This was supposed to be a romantic drama but most people watched it to laugh.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Texman21: 7:21pm On Apr 22, 2020
Is it just me or 'The turning' didnt make sense
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ayekotoo(m): 7:31pm On Apr 22, 2020
mekaprime:

300 Spartans - Mystery??
Lord of the rings - History??
Clash of the Titans - Mystery??

300 Spartans was : Action, Adventure & History which is highly loosely based on the 300 who battled & died in Thermopylai in 480bc.

Lord of the rings: Action, Adventure, Drama, Fantasy.

Clash of Titans: Action, Fantasy, Adventure, History (myth)

None of those aforementioned movies had those 4 things you listed & definitely, no movie will. Going by the movies you mentioned, you should be fine with:

Apocalypto
The Hobbit Trilogy
wrath of the titans
300 rise of the empire
Hercules 2014
The Great Wall
Warcraft
Troy
Alexander.

My bad! I always thought those movies had the four genres. Thank you.

Have seen all the movies you listed there. No problem, thanks once again.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 8:20pm On Apr 22, 2020
Happy 34th Birthday to Amber Heard —our Mera.
kiss grin grin

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 8:27pm On Apr 22, 2020
DriggityDre:

A movie was made about Tommy Wiseau and the making of the Room. The Disaster Artist. Absolutely hilarious movie! You should see it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMKX2tE5Luk

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DriggityDre: 8:36pm On Apr 22, 2020
Ishilove:

A movie was made about Tommy Wiseau and the making of the Room. The Disaster Artist. Absolutely hilarious movie! You should see it
I've heard about that one. Let local man regain his spirit first. This movie was depressing. Even the se.x scenes were crap. I wanted to laugh but I was ashamed for Wiseau.

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 8:39pm On Apr 22, 2020
DriggityDre:

I've heard about that one. Let local man regain his spirit first. This movie was depressing. Even the se.x scenes were crap. I wanted to laugh but I was ashamed for Wiseau.
The Disaster Artist takes a look at Wiseau. The man is an enigma for all the wrong reasons cheesy
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Liposure: 8:43pm On Apr 22, 2020
abduleez1:
kiss grin grin
one of my crushes

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 8:45pm On Apr 22, 2020
Happy 83rd birthday to legendary actor Jack Nicholson. Delivered an iconic performance in BATMAN 89 that is still looked upon highly today and set the standard for the character for future performances. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DriggityDre: 8:47pm On Apr 22, 2020
Ishilove:

The Disaster Artist takes a look at Wiseau. The man is an enigma for all the wrong reasons cheesy
Actually cheesy. That guy dey somehow. Imagine, only him was the writer, director, cinematographer, producer and executive producer. $6M budget but BO turnout was $1,852. It was even meant to be a semi-biography, like wtf grin.
Bad movies are funny, I swr.
If I recover early enough, I get another legend for mind cheesy.
But e no go easy recover from this sh!t film. I am ashamed for him.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by troubleseller: 8:47pm On Apr 22, 2020
abduleez1:
kiss grin grin
Nah. Ph-uck her
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 8:48pm On Apr 22, 2020
DriggityDre:

Actually cheesy. That guy dey somehow. Imagine, only him was the writer, director, cinematographer, producer and executive producer. $6M budget but BO turnout was $1,852. It was even meant to be a semi-biography, like wtf grin.
Bad movies are funny, I swr.
If I recover early enough, I get another legend for mind cheesy.
But e no go easy recover from this sh!t film. I am ashamed for him.
Even the cinematographers were ashamed cheesy
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DriggityDre: 8:48pm On Apr 22, 2020
abduleez1:
Happy 83rd birthday to legendary actor Jack Nicholson. Delivered an iconic performance in BATMAN 89 that is still looked upon highly today and set the standard for the character for future performances. grin
Best Joker. After him, na Heath.
RIP Heath cry

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DriggityDre: 8:51pm On Apr 22, 2020
Ishilove:

Even the cinematographers were ashamed cheesy
Kai. With the kind of attitude he has, he would have been pained.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Zeinymira(f): 8:54pm On Apr 22, 2020
Money Heist
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DriggityDre: 9:07pm On Apr 22, 2020
abduleez1:
kiss grin grin
O lawd. This Mera gal is too fine.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 9:20pm On Apr 22, 2020
abduleez1:
kiss grin grin
people hate her for what she did to Disney actor(Johnny Depp) angry
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 9:20pm On Apr 22, 2020
DriggityDre:

O lawd. This Mera gal is too fine.
no angry
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 9:23pm On Apr 22, 2020
abduleez1:
this guy deserves to be praised more than that overrated Phoenix that acted in that overrated Joker movie that made underserved 1 billion dollars angry angry
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 9:25pm On Apr 22, 2020
DriggityDre:

Don't let rotten tomatoes' rating fool you. The movie was so bad that it became a cult classic. This was supposed to be a romantic drama but most people watched it to laugh.
rotten tomatoes those days were filled with low level thinkers. But today, marvel movies gets deserved higher rating and DC deserved lower rating angry
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 9:43pm On Apr 22, 2020
abduleez1:
kiss grin grin
Person wey suppose dey Jail.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2064) (2065) (2066) (2067) (2068) (2069) (2070) ... (3863) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.