Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,075 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:00 AM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (2333) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3748867 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2330) (2331) (2332) (2333) (2334) (2335) (2336) ... (3834) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by VerifiedStalin: 3:22am On Oct 24, 2020
Borat (2020)--8/10

Not as legendary as the first one, but a very strong performance still. Borat's "daughter" killed it.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Gmajor(m): 10:08am On Oct 24, 2020
Raalsalghul:
Glass: 2/4 stars

A fairly decent follow up to the abominable Split with much appreciated twists, but is marred by stockholm syndrome and senseless scenes.

Hmmmm
IMO Split is a million times better than Glass.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Raalsalghul: 10:20am On Oct 24, 2020
Gmajor:

Hmmmm
IMO Split is a million times better than Glass.

I know, many people prefered Split to Glass: I'm just in the minority.

However, I still don't get the point with Split: a dude with many personalities kidnaps teenage girls and murders them under the guise of offering sacrifice to the Beast.

Any other thing? I hated that film through and through. Maybe I'm looking at it through moral lens sha. Still...

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ogarexmas: 12:34pm On Oct 24, 2020
Hard Kill

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by kunzyomi(m): 7:05pm On Oct 24, 2020
This is how I relax

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 9:07pm On Oct 24, 2020
The Perfect Storm (2000) 9/10.

One of the best biographical disaster drama I've ever watched, especially the ones pertaining to seas. Full of suspense and action packed. Had a very painful, sad but realistic ending. A must watch.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 9:08pm On Oct 24, 2020
Passengers (2016)

Genre; Sci-fi, romance, thriller

4/10

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Moneyboyz: 10:51pm On Oct 24, 2020
Witches 2020 : 7/10
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Moneyboyz: 10:53pm On Oct 24, 2020
Ajineita:
Any movie about Arabian merchants, Egyptian scholars and state detectives?

Are you looking for the Elixir of life?

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by armadeo(m): 1:40am On Oct 25, 2020
Plead:
Passengers (2016)

4/10

I strongly disagree.

6 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by armadeo(m): 1:41am On Oct 25, 2020
Moneyboyz:
Witches 2020 : 7/10

Came to post on this movie.

Honestly the movie was fair for kids but something was missing. The magic just wasnt there.

Also the kids accepted being a rat rather calmly. Lol.

5.5/10
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by armadeo(m): 1:43am On Oct 25, 2020
Love and monsters.

The guy was a complete slowpoke.

Lots of cliches.

I got bored at some point almost irritated and the ending was a bit better and exciting.

That being said don't expect much from this movie though its watchable.

5/10.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Moneyboyz: 6:11am On Oct 25, 2020
armadeo:

Came to post on this movie.

Honestly the movie was fair for kids but something was missing. The magic just wasnt there.

Also the kids accepted being a rat rather calmly. Lol.

5.5/10

They have no choice, remember they tried to reverse the spell only for it to turn into chocolate.
And there aren't any good witch to help them.
I love it anyways, I had a good laugh too.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 7:55am On Oct 25, 2020
armadeo:

I strongly disagree.

You strongly disagree with my opinion? What happened to making your own opinion

I've said it here before that because a movie is good to you doesn't mean it's good to another person. Because you rated it high doesn't mean another person must rate it high.

How you view things is different from the way other people view things. Every Mallam with em kettle.

3 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by iamoyindamola(m): 7:57am On Oct 25, 2020
Plead:

I've said it here before that because a movie is good to you doesn't mean it's good to another person. Because you rated it high doesn't mean another person must rate it high.

How you view things is different from the way other people view things. Every Mallam with em kettle.
Have you watched who steal my ogbono?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 8:12am On Oct 25, 2020
iamoyindamola:

Have you watched who steal my ogbono?

Rules 1 and 2
Cc
Mynd44 Dominique.

This moniker has been following me about or stalking me. Dropping unwarranted insults on my mentions.

Kindly do something about this.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by newguy1(m): 10:16am On Oct 25, 2020
armadeo:
Love and monsters.

Lots of cliches.

I got bored at some point almost irritated and the ending was a bit better and exciting.

5/10.
i thought they could have used someone else to act the main guy n thru watching the movie my mind was saying mayb the part two must b better than this, that’s if a 2 will b
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DieRich5: 10:49am On Oct 25, 2020
Plead:
Passengers (2016)

4/10
dats my rate too
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by VerifiedStalin: 10:54am On Oct 25, 2020
armadeo:
Love and monsters.

Lots of cliches.

5/10.

I strongly disagree.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Carmit(m): 11:19am On Oct 25, 2020
Project almanac. (2015)
still worth it in spite of ratings.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 11:47am On Oct 25, 2020
armadeo:
Love and monsters.

Lots of cliches.

5/10.

Love and Monster is one of the few bright spots of this dismal year. It's a story about love, community, teamwork, hope, and perseverance.

It's your loss that you're unable to grasp and relate to the profound themes.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by armadeo(m): 12:00pm On Oct 25, 2020
Plead:

I strongly disagree with your opinion does not make my opinion right or yours wrong.

My opinion is I dont agree with your rating. I liked the movie you didnt. Simple.

7 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by armadeo(m): 12:01pm On Oct 25, 2020
VerifiedStalin:

I strongly disagree.

Really. Is it better or worse to you?.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by armadeo(m): 12:03pm On Oct 25, 2020
Vexatious:

Love and Monster is one of the few bright spots of this dismal year. It's a story about love, community, teamwork, hope, and perseverance.

It's your loss that you're unable to grasp and relate to the profound themes.

Not a loss. Its cliche. A thousand movies have been made with the same underlying themes.

Nothin new or exciting Hough I must say the premise about giant killers which where previously tiny was nice.

That's it.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by armadeo(m): 12:04pm On Oct 25, 2020
newguy1:
i thought they could have used someone else to act the main guy n thru watching the movie my mind was saying mayb the part two must b better than this, that’s if a 2 will b

There should be depends on sales.

The ending they talked about ice spiders and more monsters to come.

Expect it in the next 2 years if it makes profit.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 12:49pm On Oct 25, 2020
armadeo:

Not a loss. Its cliche. A thousand movies have been made with the same underlying themes.

Nothin new or exciting Hough I must say the premise about giant killers which where previously tiny was nice.

That's it.

I disagree, Love and Monsters isn't cliched, in fact, it's very unique.

In a cliched film of similar premise, the cinematography is often bleak, but in Love and Monsters, the cinematography is bustling with subliminal colors. The scenery is radiant and a far cry from what you'd assume a post-apocalyptic world to look like. It's a plus, because it gives Love and Monster enough leeway to have fun without the limitations of tropes and cliches.

The "annoying" protagonist represents us. We like to believe we're capable, but when shit hits the fan, we're often found wanting, but we're creatures of habit and routine. Through experience, we learn and get better. We're survivors.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 12:59pm On Oct 25, 2020
Jack reacher never go back (2016)

Genre: Action, crime

7.5/10

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 1:04pm On Oct 25, 2020
armadeo:

I strongly disagree.
Me too. Very strongly for that matter.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by armadeo(m): 1:16pm On Oct 25, 2020
Vexatious:

I disagree, Love and Monsters isn't cliched, in fact, it's very unique.

In a cliched film of similar premise, the cinematography is often bleak, but in Love and Monsters, the cinematography is bustling with subliminal colors. The scenery is radiant and a far cry from what a you'd assume a post-apocalyptic world to look like. It's a plus, because it gives Love and Monster enough leeway to have fun without the limitations of tropes and cliches.

[b]The "annoying" protagonist represents us. We like to believe we're capable, but when shit hits the fan, we're often found wanting, but we're creatures of habit and routine. [/b]Through experience, we learn and get better. We're survivors.

I agree it was colourful and bright. I just didnt feel it like you did.

The bolder part the protagonist was unable from the beginning, meets experienced surface dwellers along the way, trains and he becomes the warrior leader at the end. Sounds cliche to me.

Also I knew the girl wouldn't want him again. I expected another guy in the picture, but that dude was already dead.

A good movie to me is one I would/ might watch again and I wouldn't watch it again.

Anyway if you watch this movie and you like it fine, if you dont also fine. It's a new release so anyone should see it.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Benjaniblinks(m): 1:28pm On Oct 25, 2020
Deathstroke: Knights and Dragons 9/10

The setting and animation is superb. I hardly watch movies twice but I did with this one smiley
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 1:45pm On Oct 25, 2020
armadeo:

I agree it was colourful and bright. I just didnt feel it like you did.

The bolder part the protagonist was unable from the beginning, meets experienced surface dwellers along the way, trains and he becomes the warrior leader at the end. Sounds cliche to me.

Lol, would you rather he remain incompetent in other to satisfy your not cliched concept?

He spent 14 days on the surface, longer than anyone from his colony has ever spent, and in the process, gained tremendous knowledge about geography, monsters and survival skills. Therefore, it's only natural that he leads his colony to a safer place with fewer monsters. He knows the way, they don't. It's not cliche to me, just plain common sense.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2330) (2331) (2332) (2333) (2334) (2335) (2336) ... (3834) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: areee(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.