Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,833 members, 7,824,469 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 10:52 AM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (2735) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3764385 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2732) (2733) (2734) (2735) (2736) (2737) (2738) ... (3838) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by VerifiedStalin: 5:23am On Oct 16, 2021
kendrick93:

You are assuming, and you would be wrong.
You made a comment about Forest beating Will Smith to the Oscars because of some special African American popularity which is plain BS and I'm calling you out on that...
You will no longer talk bout it cause you were wrong and i wanted to you prove it but instead you went on some weird racial conspiracy nonsense...

It's not an assumption. America is a racial and ethnic melting pot in the sense that people of diverse race, ethnicity, culture and religion co-exist and function as a nation, but divided and influenced by social and economical factors.

Weird racial conspiracy? Lmao. Dude, are you for real? You must be one of them deluded pro Americanist who think America is a land of the free, where societal factors like education, employment, health care, wealth and income are evenly distributed. No, things like systemic racism, income inequality, racial profiling, health disparity, race prejudice are a myth... no, these social factors don't influence the way Americans live their lives at all. grin grin

And yes, I have zero motivation to continue an argument that will go nowhere. I was particularly clear on that yesterday morning.

4 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by MJBOLT: 7:35am On Oct 16, 2021
which browser be this??

VerifiedStalin:

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by SimthJonson(m): 8:08am On Oct 16, 2021
Danger 7
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by VerifiedStalin: 8:28am On Oct 16, 2021
MJBOLT:
which browser be this??

Samsung Internet browser.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by thatthickgurl(f): 9:12am On Oct 16, 2021
Rewatched the MIB franchise

MIB : 7/10
MIB II : 5/10
MIB III : 8/10
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by J2381: 10:01am On Oct 16, 2021
thatthickgurl:
Rewatched the MIB franchise

MIB : 7/10
MIB II : 5/10
MIB III : 8/10
You missed MIB International.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by kendrick93(m): 10:12am On Oct 16, 2021
VerifiedStalin:

It's not an assumption. America is a racial and ethnic melting pot in the sense that people of diverse race, ethnicity, culture and religion co-exist and function as a nation, but divided and influenced by social and economical factors.

Weird racial conspiracy? Lmao. Dude, are you for real? You must be one of them deluded pro Americanist who think America is a land of the free, where societal factors like education, employment, health care, wealth and income are evenly distributed. No, things like systemic racism, income inequality, racial profiling, health disparity, race prejudice are a myth... no, these social factors don't influence the way Americans live their lives at all. grin grin

Again deviating from the point...
With every post, your Anti Americanism comes out to the fore grin

I'm not interested in going out that slippery route with you...
But if you think an Award formed 92yrs ago would award winners by some pseudo black liberalism based on who is more popular as a Blackman in the community grin(whatever that means),
then you my friend must be a joker
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by AnfieldFan: 10:27am On Oct 16, 2021
kendrick93:

Again deviating from the point...
With every post, your Anti Americanism comes out to the fore grin

I'm not interested in going out that slippery route with you...
But if you think an Award formed 92yrs ago would award winners by some pseudo black liberalism based on who is more popular as a Blackman in the community grin(whatever that means),
then you my friend must be a joker

Chadwick Boseman was a fine actor...
So is Michael Jordan..
But one resonates more with the African American community politically...
That's his drift...

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by VerifiedStalin: 10:34am On Oct 16, 2021
AnfieldFan:

So is Michael Jordan..
That's his drift...

Thank you.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by VerifiedStalin: 10:38am On Oct 16, 2021
The Heat (2013)

A decent, if unoriginal film about an uptight FBI agent (played by Sandra Bullock) and a belligerent Boston detective (played by Melissa McCarthy) teaming up to take down a drug lord. Carried by comedic timing, the film's pairing of Sandra Bullock and Melissa McCarthy is surprisingly fitting. The two did well together, and made the viewing entertaining.

I will refrain from using any sort of rating system, as I find such systems to be archaic and pointless, but I'll say this, it's an enjoyable watch.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by kendrick93(m): 10:42am On Oct 16, 2021
AnfieldFan:

So is Michael Jordan..
That's his drift...
Did Micheal lose an Oscar award to Chadwick based on resonating to the African American community?
That's my point.....
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by thatthickgurl(f): 11:16am On Oct 16, 2021
J2381:

Yeah. I Know. No time yet
Focused on YOU (the series)
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 11:19am On Oct 16, 2021
VerifiedStalin:

You gotta be special kind of obtuse, no offence, if you don't know that America is very multi-racial/multi-ethnic. There are The Latinos, the Puerto Ricans, The Afro Caribbeans, The Hispanics, The Chicanos, the African-Americans, Italian Americans, Irish Americans, etc. These groups/communities exert social influences to some extent, part of these social influences extend to the Oscars, seeing as Oscars is based in America, organised by Americans, organised in America, held in America, hosted by Americans, and most of all, Hollywood centric.

I'll no longer talk about this again, it's not worth the headache.

Lmaoo at the bolded grin grin

VerifiedStalin:

And yes, I have zero motivation to continue an argument that will go nowhere. I was particularly clear on that yesterday morning.

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by BlackManta(m): 11:31am On Oct 16, 2021
thatthickgurl:

Yeah. I Know. No time yet
Focused on YOU (the series)

I beg you in the name of god

Avoid MIB International
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by AnfieldFan: 11:46am On Oct 16, 2021
kendrick93:

Did Micheal lose an Oscar award to Chadwick based on resonating to the African American community?
That's my point.....

They never got nominated in the same category, if they did, my money's on Chadwick...This isn't exactly a new situation, you're making it seem like something Verifiedstalin's just pulling out of his as$....
Political and social contemporary leanings factor in these awards...
It's not the defacto decider but to act like it isn't a factor is something you won't find me agree on...
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 12:03pm On Oct 16, 2021
VerifiedStalin:
The Heat (2013)

A decent, if unoriginal film about an uptight FBI agent (played by Sandra Bullock) and a belligerent Boston detective (played by Melissa McCarthy) teaming up to take down a drug lord. Carried by comedic timing, the film's pairing of Sandra Bullock and Melissa McCarthy is surprisingly fitting. The two did well together, and made the viewing entertaining.

I will refrain from using any sort of rating system, as I find such systems to be archaic and pointless, but I'll say this, it's an enjoyable watch.
Fairly decent watch...the very movie that made me like Melissa McCarthy's craft.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by VerifiedStalin: 12:31pm On Oct 16, 2021
oyaskii:
Fairly decent watch...the very movie that made me like Melissa McCarthy's craft.

Yep, Melissa killed it. If it wasn't for her comedic output, the film wouldn't have been nearly as enjoyable.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by VerifiedStalin: 12:32pm On Oct 16, 2021
pu7pl3:

Lmaoo at the bolded grin grin

I know, I know. undecided
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by thatthickgurl(f): 1:34pm On Oct 16, 2021
BlackManta:

I beg you in the name of god

Avoid MIB International

Watched it before and I liked it

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Carot: 1:53pm On Oct 16, 2021
VerifiedStalin:
The Heat (2013)

Been waiting for this. Quite radical of you
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Carot: 1:59pm On Oct 16, 2021
oyaskii:
Me too. Fell deeply in love with her after laughing uncontrollably off this movie
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DrDax: 3:39pm On Oct 16, 2021
J2381:

That one is -2
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by VerifiedStalin: 5:20pm On Oct 16, 2021
Carot:
Been waiting for this. Quite radical of you

I rate movies by opinion. When you rate movies with a numerical score, you prevent yourself from enjoying the movie emotionally, you'd try to figure out its "value", fixate on plots holes, thereby making the plot holes become more important than they have a right to be.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by J2381: 5:54pm On Oct 16, 2021
DrDax:

That one is -2
According to you.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 5:59pm On Oct 16, 2021
Participate in the God tier fan event of the year now....

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 6:18pm On Oct 16, 2021
Finally it is here......

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 8:01pm On Oct 16, 2021
Kaycee7:
Turn her and Supergirl lesbian and have them date each other.

Oil full your head Oga....

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 8:18pm On Oct 16, 2021

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 8:34pm On Oct 16, 2021
abduleez1:
Participate in the God tier fan event of the year now....
is the DC event available to stream on YouTube?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 8:40pm On Oct 16, 2021
abduleez1:
lol..what a piss poor comeback.. nothing in an any sphere of life these days is done without any form of political or societal influence, is the "societal influence" generate the most buzz now is the alphabet people. Alaye, make your character gay or even trans and rest.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 8:44pm On Oct 16, 2021
abduleez1:

Oil full your head Oga....
Where you go since bro? Na work hold you?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 8:54pm On Oct 16, 2021
oyaskii:
is the DC event available to stream on YouTube?

Yep. Currently streaming live. wink

Check out any of these channels:

IGN
DC Comics
HBOMax
Wb Pictures

(1) (2) (3) ... (2732) (2733) (2734) (2735) (2736) (2737) (2738) ... (3838) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: TradingGod and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.