Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,445 members, 7,823,038 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:11 PM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (2899) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3762144 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2896) (2897) (2898) (2899) (2900) (2901) (2902) ... (3837) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 10:57pm On Feb 08, 2022
troubleseller:
Crazy that TLD had no single nomination. Not even for Production Design or Costume or Best Actress. They no even nominate Villeneuve for Best Director

Bloody fvvk!! shocked
I haven't had time to go through the noms list cos diarrhea wan kill me. man that is travesty. undecided at least costume and prod design should have gotten some nods.
Film that would easily be in my top 5 movies for the year.

When I complained bout Villeneuve for best director peeps said it ain't a snub.
Although I didn't see DUNE doing this good especially the main categories (Best Picture, Dir. Actor and the likes)
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 10:59pm On Feb 08, 2022
troubleseller:
He shouldn't have been nominated though. His accent and mannerisms in HoG were too comical

I feel his mannerisms and accent were intentional.
For me I dig their Italian accents, even tho they struggled with it. It felt a bit more authentic.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Achilles100: 11:43pm On Feb 08, 2022
troubleseller:
Crazy that TLD had no single nomination. Not even for Production Design or Costume or Best Actress. They no even nominate Villeneuve for Best Director

Really? TLD for costume? Almost all the cast wore black and not like pretty black, more like drab, dusty-ass black.

There was nothing, I mean nothing attractive about the costumes in TLD.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 2:20am On Feb 09, 2022
troubleseller:
Might agree with the rest but there was no way Jodie was getting a norm with that performance. considering those that were nominated, her performance was pretty normal, generic and it doesn't require a particular skill set to pull off.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 2:36am On Feb 09, 2022
abduleez1:

I feel his mannerisms and accent were intentional.
For me I dig their Italian accents, even tho they struggled with it. It felt a bit more authentic.

This!. I have seen some articles bashing thier accent especially that of Lady Gaga and I think it's a tad unfair. Learning an accent is not as easy as it seems especially one that is totally different from the one you are used to. The best film schools don't teach this and so production actually get vocal coaches for the actors and actresses prior to filming which is time bound btw. So an actor or actress should magically just be perfect in a new accent inside say 3 months of training? come on!. Some are saying why not just cast Italian actors, for worldwide wide fashion brand name origin story as this, i think they needed "world wide faces" and not just any random Italian actor or actress.
I will take the historical inaccuracies criticism of the movie but not the accent cuz even though it was cringe at times, they tried thier best.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Icejayz(m): 7:03am On Feb 09, 2022
VerifiedStalin:

He's rumoured to be suffering from a major medical ailment. It's why he's been making so many movies recently, to support his family if/when he can't work any longer.
Damn too bad
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by troubleseller: 10:05am On Feb 09, 2022
oyaskii:
Might agree with the rest but there was no way Jodie was getting a norm with that performance. considering those that were nominated, her performance was pretty normal, generic and it doesn't require a particular skill set to pull off.
Lol. You serious? Are you sure you're not talking about Penelope's perfomance?

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by troubleseller: 10:17am On Feb 09, 2022
Achilles100:

Really? TLD for costume? Almost all the cast wore black and not like pretty black, more like drab, dusty-ass black.

There was nothing, I mean nothing attractive about the costumes in TLD.
Lol. Attractive. The only question that is usually asked when it comes to costume design is:
Were the costumes timely to the period or genre the movie was set in?

Finito.
If na by attractive Mad Max wouldn't have been nominated and IIRC, it even won the aeard that year.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by troubleseller: 10:23am On Feb 09, 2022
oyaskii:
This!. I have seen some articles bashing thier accent especially that of Lady Gaga and I think it's a tad unfair. Learning an accent is not as easy as it seems especially one that is totally different from the one you are used to. The best film schools don't teach this and so production actually get vocal coaches for the actors and actresses prior to filming which is time bound btw. So an actor or actress should magically just be perfect in a new accent inside say 3 months of training? come on!. Some are saying why not just cast Italian actors, for worldwide wide fashion brand name origin story as this, i think they needed "world wide faces" and not just any random Italian actor or actress.
I will take the historical inaccuracies criticism of the movie but not the accent cuz even though it was cringe at times, they tried thier best.
The thing about this argument of actors trying their best to perfect accents, is that, we've seen other actors who did better with accents. I mean, doesn't Gaga have like Italian ancestry or something. If you say they cast those people mainly because of their star power and accent was just something they were going to manage, I would agree. I didn't have much problem with the actors sha. Except Leto and I would understand if the character in real life behaved that way
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 11:06am On Feb 09, 2022
troubleseller:
The thing about this argument of actors trying their best to perfect accents, is that, we've seen other actors who did better with accents. I mean, doesn't Gaga have like Italian ancestry or something. If you say they cast those people mainly because of their star power and accent was just something they were going to manage, I would agree. I didn't have much problem with the actors sha. Except Leto and I would understand if the character in real life behaved that way
Ancestry ≠ Accent. Picking up an accent actually requires you staying in the particular place for a sustained period of time. Lady Gaga has stayed in the US almost all her life so i doubt she could have picked up an Italian accent so yeah, as you rightly pointed out. They were cast for thier Star power and not thier accent.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 11:11am On Feb 09, 2022
troubleseller:
Lol. You serious? Are you sure you're not talking about Penelope's perfomance?
I am quite serious. I have seen her performance before and even better. There's was no way she was getting the best actress nod btw cuz i think Matt Damon and Adam Driver were the stars and lead of TLD, so her best bet was a supporting actress nod and even that is stacked heavy.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by troubleseller: 11:32am On Feb 09, 2022
oyaskii:
I am quite serious. I have seen her performance before and even better. There's was no way she was getting the best actress nod btw cuz i think Matt Damon and Adam Driver were the stars and lead of TLD, so her best bet was a supporting actress nod and even that is stacked heavy.
Have you seen Parallel Mothers? And, Jodie was Lead Actress in TLD. Matt was Lead Actor and Adam was Supporting Actor alongside Ben. I don't understand what you mean by "her best bet was a supporting actress". She was the lead actress
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DrDax: 12:02pm On Feb 09, 2022
No do, no do,

You say you wan die for your country.

Omo alaigboran aditi

Stupid boy!

TKM
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 12:10pm On Feb 09, 2022
troubleseller:
Have you seen Parallel Mothers? And, Jodie was Lead Actress in TLD. Matt was Lead Actor and Adam was Supporting Actor alongside Ben. I don't understand what you mean by "her best bet was a supporting actress". She was the lead actress
Penelopè Cruz's nomination for Parallel Mother was a joke i agree.

Best actor or actress is given to the person that is that delivers a stellar performance in a leading role. So between Matt Damon, Adam Driver and Jodie Comer, who was the lead in TLD? I would say Matt Damon. Her been " lead actress" against other actresses in TLD is null and void because she not competing against them but against females who were in a "leading role" overall in other movies been Jessica Chastain as Tammy Faye in "Eyes of Tammy Faye" or Kristen Stewart as lady Diana Spencer in " Spencer". That is why i still insist that she could have had a better chance with "Best supporting actress".

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 1:21pm On Feb 09, 2022
oyaskii:
Penelopè Cruz's nomination for Parallel Mother was a joke i agree.

Best actor or actress is given to the person that is that delivers a stellar performance in a leading role. So between Matt Damon, Adam Driver and Jodie Comer, who was the lead in TLD? I would say Matt Damon. Her been " lead actress" against other actresses in TLD is null and void because she not competing against them but against females who were in a "leading role" overall in other movies been Jessica Chastain as Tammy Faye in "Eyes of Tammy Faye" or Kristen Stewart as lady Diana Spencer in " Spencer". That is why i still insist that she could have had a better chance with "Best supporting actress".

Best Actor award/nomination is for a MALE in a leading role...

Best Actress award/nomination is for a FEMALE in a leading role...

You're focusing only on the "leading role" without knowing gender plays a part too. Jodie Comer was an ACTRESS in a LEADING role in TLD, but I don't think her performance was too great to worth a nomination for the Best Actress category at the Oscars. But she being a female in a leading role is not debatable.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JackBizzle: 3:33pm On Feb 09, 2022
January is the worst month for movies. Followed by February.

Damn
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Jasonteague(m): 6:19pm On Feb 09, 2022
So Bruce Willis released 8 movies last year and they were all terrible movies. He really deserved that award.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Jasonteague(m): 6:22pm On Feb 09, 2022
JackBizzle:
January is the worst month for movies. Followed by February.

Damn

We have death on the Nile, The kings man and Spiderman will probably be available on the high sea by late February.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by armadeo(m): 7:32pm On Feb 09, 2022
Jasonteague:

We have death on the Nile, The kings man and Spiderman will probably be available on the high sea by late February.

Currently clearing barnacles from my ship. We sail soon once the tide comes in.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by keeper1: 8:10pm On Feb 09, 2022
king's man has been on the high sea since morning
check net naija
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by nani667: 8:22pm On Feb 09, 2022
Unpussified:
Bros please how and where can you download movies just like the one you downloaded here. I can see 7gig, the vid is definitely high quality. A response from you will be deeply appreciated. Thanks

Download via torrent...
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Unpussified: 8:55pm On Feb 09, 2022
nani667:

Download via torrent...

Thanks so much
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DieRich5: 9:33pm On Feb 09, 2022
The king's man cry
Meh the kind movie wey go mk u SLP faster, I deleted it b4 ending it

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JackBizzle: 10:01pm On Feb 09, 2022
Jasonteague:

d

Movies that I have watched since December
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Blvckfezz(m): 10:04pm On Feb 09, 2022
Where can i download umbrella academy cool grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by troubleseller: 10:08pm On Feb 09, 2022
Beorn:

Best Actor award/nomination is for a MALE in a leading role...

Best Actress award/nomination is for a FEMALE in a leading role...

You're focusing only on the "leading role" without knowing gender plays a part too. Jodie Comer was an ACTRESS in a LEADING role in TLD, but I don't think her performance was too great to worth a nomination for the Best Actress category at the Oscars. But she being a female in a leading role is not debatable.
cc: oyaskii
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DieRich5: 12:51am On Feb 10, 2022
American Underdog 10/10
This is the best sports movie I don watch so far.......A very inspirational story that will make you feel emotional, I love how Dem added the real footage in some places in the game, meh I can't believe Kurt Warner relationship works

#recommend this for the sport fans

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DieRich5: 12:52am On Feb 10, 2022
DieRich5:
American Underdog 10/10
This is the best sports movie I don watch so far.......A very inspirational story that will make you feel emotional, I love how Dem added the real footage in some places in the game, meh I can't believe Kurt Warner relationship works

#recommend this for the sport fans
believe in ur self, don't give up ND good things will come tongue

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Achilles100: 3:15am On Feb 10, 2022
The King's Man.

I thoroughly enjoyed the sword play. It was a good watch. I had to rewind several parts just to re-enjoy it

I can't wait for this part in this sequel.

Lenin: What's your name?

7/10

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by WHITELIGHTER: 9:50am On Feb 10, 2022
Achilles100:
The King's Man.

I thoroughly enjoyed the sword play. It was a good watch. I had to rewind several parts just to re-enjoy it

I can't wait for this part in this sequel.

Lenin: What's your name?

7/10

pls where did u download from? quality looks good
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Achilles100: 12:04pm On Feb 10, 2022
WHITELIGHTER:

pls where did u download from? quality looks good

psa dot pm

(1) (2) (3) ... (2896) (2897) (2898) (2899) (2900) (2901) (2902) ... (3837) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.